Around the place in however long it takes!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Around the place in however long it takes!
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #0
*ADoS stands in the middle of a big clearing with a big bus with an enormous plastic spider on the top, its legs hanging down between the windows. He is wearing the cardboard hat again, once again with the ridiculous smile on his face. A couple people stare at it, then walk away, bored of all the stupid spider vehicles.*

ADoS: Come one, come all! See the amazing Spider Bus!
*Silence.*
ADoS: Oh, whatever...

Okay, the last two RPs I started both resulted in someone getting angry at me. So this time, I'm driving a bus around the block. Remember this rule, and we'll be fine:

I am the driver. You are not the driver. I say we're driving around the block, and I mean it. No driving off on some road trip, no attaching rocket boosters and blasting off into space. Around the block. I might drive off somewhere else eventually, but probably not. It's up to you what's on the block, and how big the block is. But we are driving around the block, nowhere else.

Got it? Can we handle this without throwing the community into an uproar? Join in if you wish, there's plenty of room on the bus. There's even a big empty space in the back, big enough for a dragon.

[ Friday, February 21, 2003 10:26: Message edited by: The Almighty Doer of Stuff ]

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #1
If we get in.. do we get to come out? Eventually at least?

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #2
Sullust gets a small bus.

Sullust: Hey any of you want on come now.
???: Where are you heading?
Sullust: Wherever the road takes us.

OOC: It is often better to let the players have more control ADOS. Note to anyone riding this bus, you may do anything to it. But if you break it we're going to have to push it to some gas station to fix it.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #3
I suppose so. Just as long as half the participants don't get off and go do something else. If you want to do that, start your own RP. You can quit whenever you want, though.

*ADoS pulls out a grenade launcher and blows up Sullust's bus.*
I said it's up to them how big the block is and what's on it. It could take up fifty square miles for all I care.

[ Saturday, February 15, 2003 07:23: Message edited by: The AlMAOghty Do-er of Stuff ]

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
OOC: I'm just going to pretend that didn't happen. I'd also like to note that my bus will expand for as many people want to get on it. Even if none do, I'm still driving the little thing around. :P

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #5
Fine. Pretend it didn't happen. Drive around in a useless husk.
I'm trying to be reasonable this time. Don't ruin it.

--------------------
---------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #6
Sullust: Alright, I'll get you ADOS.

He attempts to start the bus.

Sullust: What?! The explosion must have burnt up all of my gas. I've got quite a bit of pushing to do now.

Sullust walks out of the bus and begins slowly pushing it towards the nearest gas station.

OOC: Perhaps a bus race?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #7
*Goes to look at ADoS's bus*

"Nice.. nice.."

*Riibu gets inside, but is suddenly horrified*

"Oh my! It's all red! I want a green one to sit on... Well, all's okay, I'll just have to adjust something..."

*Riibu takes out her little apparatus and changes the reality*

"See? Green is so much better ^_^"

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
Warrior
Member # 2052
Profile #8
Oh, Paladine! Not another one of these!
Can we have fistfights, and are the windows big enough to chuck people out?

--------------------
Larry Elmore!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #9
OOC: I believe you are confused. Mighty Paladin and ADOS are two different members. Or at least they were the last time I checked.

IC:
Sullust finally manages to push his bus all the way to the station.

Sullust: Fill her up please.

Attendant: I'm sorry sir, but we're all out of gas.

Sullust: What?!

Attendant: Some big bus came and needed to be fueled up. We emptied all our reserves filling that thing; It must have quite a large tank.

Sullust: Where is the closest station.

Attendant: It's about thirty miles away.

Sullust walks up to the door of ADOS's Bus. It opens

ADOS: Can I help you?

Sullust: I need a ride.

ADOS: Hop right on, there is room for everybody.

[ Saturday, February 15, 2003 13:56: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #10
The pink nephil, eh, you all know me, hopped on to the bus, twirling lithely around the poles which people used to keep their balance. She made her way to the back, yowling

"That's me
On the beachside, combing the sand
Metal meter in my hand
Sporting a pocket full of change
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin
Playin' with a grin
Singing gibberish

That's me
On the back
Of the bus..."
etcetera, etcetera.

When she had finished, she slumped on to one of the greened seats and tried to begin conversation with the person nearest her, who diligently and earnestly began ignoring her. So she moved away from him.

"Fine, be that way. OY, BUS DRIVER SIR, WHERE CAN I SET UP MY STUFF?"

Although she was yelling quite loudly, Rosy's cries were drowned out by ADoS revving the engine of the bus, and he didn't reply. The nephil wasted no time in pulling

1 plastic Batman figurine
1 crucible
18 vials with various ingredients in them
1 spare pair of combat boots
3 spare pairs of earrings
2 litres of Skribbane
1 drunk cat
12 assorted CDs
28 cheap paperbacks
2 packets of Roasted Rat Snax
1 portable CD player and
9 tubes of hair gel

out of her mohawk, and placing them around her in convenient positions.

Oh yes.

I'm back.

With more improved cattitude...

than ever before.

[ Saturday, February 15, 2003 16:31: Message edited by: Rosycat ze Pink Nephil ]

--------------------
Aces off.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #11
Sir DAOvid, temporarily without his beautiful green armor (due to the strange looks people had started giving him), walked past the door and towards the back of the bus. He climbed up the side of it, then into a window in the back, probably created to let a dragon's smoke out. He sat down in a green seat happily, since he hated the color red.
"I AM SIR DAOVID," he yelled.
"NO REALLY," ADoS yelled.
"Um... hmph." Sir David sat down again, careful to avoid the drunken cat that had somehow managed to curl up right behind him in the short time he had been standing up.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #12
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sullust:
OOC: I believe you are confused. Mighty Paladin and ADOS are two different members. Or at least they were the last time I checked.
OOC: I think it is you who is confused. She said Paladine, not paladin. Paladine is the god of good in the Dragonlance D&D campaign setting. Read a couple Dragon Lance novels and you will find that saying "Oh Paladine!" is much like "OMG".

IC: A security guard (the Half-Life sort) climbs onto the bus. On his left hip he wears a bowie knife and on his right, a holstered .357 Desert Eagle. He carries, you guessed it, a crowbar and an MP-5 submachine gun.
"I suppose you will be needing a security guard around here, huh ADoS?" asks Sodium Cyanide. "I'd be great for the job."

NaCN then walks back to find a place to sit and set up his stereo.

[ Saturday, February 15, 2003 19:41: Message edited by: Sodium MAOanide ]

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #13
A man with a katana and an assault rifle enters the bus, through an open window. "Small windows are no match for me, ADoS."

He then goes to the back to meditate.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #14
A black-clad figure, complete with ripped, studded, spiked, black leather cloak, which everyone remembers from the other RPs, clambers up the steps, using her Scythe as a walking stick, and plops down in the back next to the pink Nephil.

"ATTENTION, EVERYONE!" she shouts. "I am the Grammar Wench. I will be monitoring the grammar on this bus. Anyone who confuses 'their' and 'they're', or similarly 'your' and 'you're', anyone who punctuates incorrectly, who uses 'u' in place of 'you', who uses numbers in place of words, i.e., '4' instead of 'for' or '2' instead of 'to,' will be summarily beheaded." This having been said, she sits back down and begins re-lacing her combat boots. "AND NO COMMA SPLICES!" she adds, as an afterthought.

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #15
MP:HALT!!

*Bus halts, doors open.*

MP:My men and I need a ride around the block.*Points to 19 men in armor and everyone in this group has halberds and shields, group gets on bus.*

*Bus starts moving again.*

[ Sunday, February 16, 2003 10:33: Message edited by: Mighty Paladin, The Mao Slayer ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #16
*A thinnish man in a trenchcoat, wearing opaque black glasses, steps into the bus. He carries under one arm a jet-black, zipped-up bag, and under the other arm is a doggy bag marked "Mao's".*
Alec: I don't suppose anyone here has change for a thou?

*waves little black paper currency around*

Alec: No? Drat. You take xaostock, yes?

ADoS: Uh, sure.

*hands ADoS the little black dollar, goes over and sits next to RoR*

Alec: I've got a present 4 2 giv 2 u.
*whips out a turnip*
Alec: Its all you'res.
RoR: *explodes*

Alec: My work here is done.
*relocates to an isolated seat*

[ Sunday, February 16, 2003 11:25: Message edited by: Mao ]

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Lifecrafter
Member # 1360
Profile #17
OOC:This is just like the mall 'RP,' which wasn't really an RP.

IC: Spark(yes, you will refer to me as Spark...not Sparky!!!) enters the bus. He sits in a seat.

[ Sunday, February 16, 2003 18:10: Message edited by: MindSpark ]
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #18
*ADoS walks up to Alec, smacks him in the head with his staff, and casts Resurrect on RoR.*

ADoS: Get off the bus, Alec.
Alec: I AM MAO! YOU ARE MAO ALSO.
ADoS: No, you're Alec. Get off my bus! I don't allow people onto my bus if they're going to blow up my girlfriend.
RoR: I am not your girlfriend!
*RoR hits him over the head with her scythe.*
ADoS: Ouch...

OOC: No, it isn't like the mall thread. There's sure to be shops, but other stuff too. That thread is just discussions of purchases. This is driving around the block in a big bus.

Well, maybe a block isn't good enough. Let's make it a road trip!
*various cheers*
Incidentally, it took about a day to drive around the block. Any suggestions for a new title?

[ Sunday, February 16, 2003 12:10: Message edited by: The AlMAOghty Do-er of Stuff ]

--------------------
---------
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #19
M.Sit bako bus.

OOC: You'll get the other 15.99 pages later, ADoS.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #20
*looks vaguely confused at ADoS suggesting him to be Mao, shrugs*
*pulls out eggroll*
Alec: Eggroll?
ADoS: No thank you.
*shrugs again*
Alec: Oh well.
"Around the block in about a day, then somewhere else"?

[ Sunday, February 16, 2003 13:45: Message edited by: Maoschine ]

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #21
The one drawback of omelettes, of any known size, is that they find it rather hard to get on buses. Instead, I will be stealing my Spiderprise character, Exar Kun...

Suddenly, an explosion rocks the bus and a large hole appears in the roof. A strange, futuristic spaceship lowers itself through the hole and out climbs a robed figure, holding a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle.

EK: Hi all! Sorry about the drafts!

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #22
Rosycat was sitting on the floor beside the Grammar Wench, listening to the Pixies at a rather loud volume and reading a battered copy of So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish. When Exar Kun made his dramatic entrance, she looked up briefly, turned down Where is My Mind? and grinned at him.

"Hi! I'm Rosycat!"
"Hey."
"Nice bus, isn't it?"
"Yeah."
"Do you have any fresh, juicy bats for me to eat?"
"Nope."
"#@&$ you. Have a nice day."

Then she turned her music back up and returned to her book, opening a packet of Roasted Rat Snax.

--------------------
Aces off.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #23
Wench held up a finger and began rummaging in her Voodoo Purse. "Hold on...no...that's not it..." She shrugged. "No bats, but I did find a mouse..."

Handing Rosycat the mouse, she leaned back in her seat with her own heavily highlighted and bookmarked copy of Wuthering Heights, found some batteries for her Discman in the depths of her cloak and began singing along with the Goo Goo Dolls, intermittently shouting "Heathcliff, you jerk!" and banging the book against the back of the seat in front of her and settling back down to read as if nothing had happened.

After a time, she paused the CD and poked her head over the back of the seat. "By the way, Alec, I'd watch the explosives if I were you. The Bush administration takes a very dim view of people who blow things up on buses."

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #24
On seeing the man in opaque black glasses enter the door, Sir Daovid ducked under the nearest seat. After RoR exploded, he crawled towards the front of the bus, and emerged in the seat next to the door.
"Is the coast clear?" he whispered to ADoS.
"WHA??? Oh, sorry, you startled me. Where'd you come from?" he responded.
Sir Daovid jerked his head in Alec's direction; ADoS gave him a knowing look and said, "Not quite."
At that moment Motrax entered the bus, and Sir Daovid yelled, "CONVERT TO TEH WAYS OF TEH RESISTANCE!"
Then, noticing Alec and RoR coming towards him, looking angry (Alec for the attempted conversion, RoR for the bad spelling and possibly grammar), he ducked back under the seat and began crawling towards Mighty Paladin's seat, possibly hoping for protection.

EDIT: Sorry, please dont let this turn into a mao vs resistance flame war.

[ Sunday, February 16, 2003 16:20: Message edited by: Sir DAOvid ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages