Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #600
...okay. I'm going to level with you all.

I haven't been reading the IC this week. My job runs me down every day, and by the time I get home, I'm not in any condition to write an IC. So. Maybe by Friday I'll have a clue what's going on.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #601
Its a desolate waste land that will occosnaily churn out the occosianal demon about every few months or so. Nothing that invade your plotline. It can be used by anyone. What few outskirt villages did surive the fall were plagued with drought an died its a no mans land and unless someone takes few IC's to try to fix it, it will stay that way.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #602
I'm not trying to rush things here; I'm just trying to give Avin's perspective on how the battle is beginning.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #603
With any luck, I'll be able to keep up, despite the recent problems I've been having, but until now never felt the need to mention. So if I can't keep up, would y'all be kind enough to not hold it against me too much?

--------------------
You've long since crossed over into unfounded speculation.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #604
It seems that people have taken heed, and this demon-war-thingy is finally starting to seem interesting. Because of this, I'll try to make an IC comeback this weekend.

I hope you'll manage to lure everybody else from their hiding places as well. Especially Lenar should get back already...

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #605
Yes, well we have some basics of a plan and are actually co-ordinating efforts, so, theoretically, this should be pretty decent.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #606
Arancaytar... Please tell me you've archived the RP. Because the board seems to have deleted the last two pages in the IC. :eek:

EDIT: Oh, thank god. (No pun intended)

[ Friday, June 22, 2007 04:01: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #607
That's all fine and good except that part where I'm not seeing the last 2 pages on that archive either, so that doesn't do us any good...

EDIT: So much for planning and co-ordination...

[ Friday, June 22, 2007 06:03: Message edited by: Darko the Dark God of Darkness ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #608
I noticed. You know what's weird? I had an odd desire to archive the entire IC RP thread yesterday. Now I wish that I had actually done it.

But anyway, I think we need to move to a new IC thread. I've noticed that threads that have this happen tend to remain unstable.

Maybe all is not lost, though. Maybe the lost ICs are still available to Arancaytar.

[ Friday, June 22, 2007 06:22: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #609
Oh... joy.

Probably a good thing I wasn't able to post yesterday. My 'Net connection was down (Youpi for Telus!), and even if it got fixed by the time I get home tonight, I'll be busy tonight and all of tomorrow, so I may be a while in posting an IC.

--------------------
Next week I'm going to have an MRI to find out if I have claustrophobia.
- Steven Wright
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #610
Of course a new IC will be needed, but it's gonna suck because we don't have the last 2 pages of ICs, which we kinda need, since we were just getting started on something big.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #611
Ah, so Aran caught it all?

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #612
He had it for probably an hour. Unfortunately, the Pied Piper Updater-thingy (not exactly sure how it works or what it's called) was still running, and it quickly got overwritten. I was hoping that there might be a buffer which still held the lost ICs, but I'm now doubting it.

I say that we just keep pressing on, and if any questions arise, we answer them as they were in the lost ICs. In a new IC thread, of course.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #613
*sigh*... well, it would put us back before the whole Bone Dome incident.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #614
No, I meant that we continue as we were as if nothing happened. There are a few people here, myself included, that would be none to happy to scale back that far.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #615
That's a lot of stuff to lose and try to carry on(it was even worse when it happened to IoB). I know there were at least a few posts that most of us never saw. Even if we tried to recreate the lost stuff, I don't think we all will be able to remember enough stuff to do it(and what we did would at best be just a mere shadow of the originals).

On a sidenote. Apparently no one uses Internet Explorer on a PC, or one of those people who do would have at least tried my suggestion about trying to find the lost ICs in the 'temporary internet files' and posted about their failing... That really sucks...

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #616
So, do we keep posting in the same thread or start a new one?

And if it turns out that those two pages are lost, could we get a short summary of the posts that were lost?

Edit: Dikiyoba tried and failed to find anything among the temporary internet files.

[ Friday, June 22, 2007 19:05: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #617
I say we open up a new thread and then wait a couple of days for two reasons: 1 To wait and see if their is any possiblity of those files be recovered. 2. Take a break after being hugely disappointed (at least I was) by that we need to take a break/breather.

Worst case seneriao we don't find the files Is ay those who were familar make an outline of what happened. One person makes an outline putting everthing they know into it. The next person takes and adds all the detail in it they can. After we finish. We decided wh at ch ange we want to make and how to fill in the gaps.

After combination of changeng things we didn't like and filling in the gaps it should it be its own story instead of being the shadow of another.

Thats just a proposal either way I'm takeing a break from this for at least a day possibly more.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #618
My database appears to have a bug in calculating topic length. All 204 posts are there, but the topic is defined as having only 173 posts, so the rest can't be displayed.

Try it now.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #619
Ok, then that's a lot better. Nalyd will go and start the new IC topic now.

Edit- Never mind, he has to leave now.

[ Saturday, June 23, 2007 06:29: Message edited by: Thoughts in Chaos ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #620
Okay, so next person who has IC ready can make the new thread. Or maybe Nioca should move his last IC to the new thread?

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #621
It is done. The new IC thread is here.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #622
Not much of an IC on my part, but I don't have the time right now to post something longer. My next post should be longer and have more stuff..

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #623
Alright. Any last minute changes to our plan?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #624
Not really. Other than a couple PMs, and that's more for information than anything.

EDIT: a fun typo that, despite being incorrect, still made a sensible, if disturbing, sentence.

[ Saturday, June 23, 2007 16:33: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Pages