Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #150
I wasn't makeing him as powerful. I was doing my best to stress how difficult it was to do what he did and the enormos cost to do it. About a demon not capable of hiding from a god:

(Most RPs have a "don't be a god character" rule. Obviously, that won't work with this RP. Instead, let's make it a "don't be a God character" rule.

Your character, though powerful, can't be omnipotent,omniscient , or omnipresent; make him or her more in line with Zeus or Thor instead of YHWH or Allah.)

To claim your god can detect a demon no matter how
good his stealth abilites are with out fail I think violates that rule. It can be incrediabley hard and/or can only be done by the best of the trade but it is still possible.

[ Wednesday, April 25, 2007 01:17: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #151
When last I checked, James and Noric (alongside of those that were summoned/arrived uninvited) were just outside of a small city (Narrow Creek) on the outskirts of Kavuk Valley.

I had at one point intended to metion in the IC that it would take Sveltas a week to travel to Kirwood, but that segment is not relevant to the current action.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #152
Okay, I wasn't sure where the hell we were doing that at. Thanks for the clarification.

quote:
Your character, though powerful, can't be omnipotent,omniscient , or omnipresent;
Tell that to Wizards of the Coast. Multi-deity pantheons and all of them have very keen sense. There's no sneaking up on them, really.

Safey, exactly how does that demon make himself undetectable? Let's just get that out of the way. It's an interesting, though unreasonable, concept, but the details of how it works are very important, because I legitimately have ways to get through some possible methods.

[ Wednesday, April 25, 2007 03:41: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #153
It seems premonition made me break my promise.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #154
That's cool. I hope when I get done with the demon lord thing, I can put James through a scenario that's at least half as interesting what you two are up to. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens there with y'all.

EDIT: At the very least, I intend for that fight I have to do to be interesting. I hope everyone involved puts in an appropriate amount of effort. After all, we're trying to make out drawn out dialogs and fighting interesting so people will look forward to reading it... Or at least that's what I'm going for.

[ Wednesday, April 25, 2007 06:54: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #155
Well, Noric and Cassius ran. There go your backup, LF. James seems outmatched here. Should we postpone the Climactic Battle O' Death?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #156
I want to fight to happen. I don't mind loseing Geltor and makeing Drigy my main character. However if I lose Geltor I want the battle to cost James something. I will still give up most of the demon army. My idea

Geltor injures James (possibly posioning him with his own blood). Then Geltor is then betrayed by Seoth and Seoth is welcome to collect a sample of geltor blood and combine it with his powers as god of the undead to raise and take control of recently killed army. Drigy fleeing from the destruction of that army accidently stumbles upon the blood of Geltor and becomes infected with it. Next post I plan on explaing the full effects of getting poisned with demon blood

It just a proposal don't plan on posting how the battle goes with out consent of the other parties involed. I also hope no one else does it either. Constructive cristism wanted.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #157
People, let's get a few things straight here (although I myself am not experienced in any sense at RPing, and I do break these rules). There are three purposes of an RP, the way I see it:
1) To entertain the other players/readers
2) To build your character
3) To interact with other players.

RPing is not about fighting wars or "winning". Also, since you are playing with other real, human people, you have to start thinking about them as well. You can't win every fight you get in, or decide exactly how thing happen when it affects someone else. You have to take some, but more importantly you have to lose some.

Lord Safey, in my opinion, having a demon capable of fooling a god is itself a violation of the "don't have a God character" rule. Also, supposing even a fraction as large as 1/10 of your demons are that powerful, your entire army is overpowered.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #158
what army it was destroyed

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #159
...seriously, what's wrong with having a horde of low-level imps and demons? Why does it have to be über-army or nothing? I mean, I'll take nothing over the über-army, but still...

Eh, whatever. I might get a post in before Friday, but it's not likely. Three exams between now and then.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #160
Is it just me, or did Safey give the impression that Geltor was this towering monstrosity early on?

Either way, I'm a little disappointed that Geltor is closest to this:

[ Wednesday, April 25, 2007 15:25: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #161
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

It seems premonition made me break my promise.
Muahahahah.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #162
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

...seriously, what's wrong with having a horde of low-level imps and demons? Why does it have to be über-army or nothing? I mean, I'll take nothing over the über-army, but still...
I could decrease their numbers easily, however the general consensus was that the indivual soldiers where two powerful. I was tired of the incesent whining so I destoryed them. Yes I call it whining because all ya'll did was complain about what I did wrong and didn't off any methods of correcting it. Or they tried to micormanage and say I should have done this instead of that without offering me any advice on what I should do now. I apperciate niether of those.

I however left plot devices to remake the army although be it much weaker per indivual. The land around the mage city and the city it self has been saturated with demon blood those animals and looters who move into the area will become a new demon army. Since however they only recently become demons It will explain why they are much weaker.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #163
Originally by Lord Safey:

quote:
I could decrease their numbers easily, however the general consensus was that the indivual soldiers where two powerful. I was tired of the incesent whining so I destoryed them.
Okay... so what was so hard about just making them weaker? Instead of giving them all sorts of special abilities, treat them as you would elite human soldiers.

quote:
Yes I call it whining because all ya'll did was complain about what I did wrong and didn't off any methods of correcting it.
Say what? I offered you several suggestions. Scouting missions... political infighting... making most of the summoned demons non-combatants... sound familiar?

Whatever. What's done is done. Don't change it. Just don't give your new demons all sorts of crazy abilities and know that a cure for demon blood will show up eventually.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #164
Remember that Marras has a habit of absorbing dead things. It will certainly be intresting if he ever makes it to Trantite...

As a HUGE sidenote, I beg premonition and Ephesos to hurry with their ICs.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #165
quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

]I could decrease their numbers easily, however the general consensus was that the indivual soldiers where two powerful. I was tired of the incesent whining so I destoryed them. Yes I call it whining because all ya'll did was complain about what I did wrong and didn't off any methods of correcting it. Or they tried to micormanage and say I should have done this instead of that without offering me any advice on what I should do now. I apperciate niether of those.
That's nice. You should pay attention, though. To solve a problem, you must first know that there is a problem. We told you about the problem. We were also trying to fix the problem, but clearly were not doing in a matter that suited you... Oh well. It's quite unfortunate.

Safey, you and I should talk about what to do now. It's down to Geltor, his random minion, and James. Looks like I'll have to even the odds.

EDIT: Make that James vs Geltor again. Seriously, we should co-ordinate this fight so that it makes the other players feel it was worth all the bs and hype.

[ Thursday, April 26, 2007 08:35: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #166
Wow... that was the weirdest battle maneuvre I've seen anyone pull with dignity for a long, long while...

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #167
I just noticed a slight problem with the pic not loading on someone else's comp, so I fixed that.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #168
I know that it will be cureable eventually. The reason why Geltor beleives that that it is incurable is that it exist yet. Yes I won't make the new army as large or as strong. The those who happended not to be at the location of the blast total of about 5. If need be I could destroy them as well. As of now I plan on makeing them into the new lords. The new guys are underdeveloped and will take centurys to develop to that point. Also the new army will be insane as they will still be under the effects of the poison

sidenote: Where did Yumi come from? How come James can summon a god? Isn't that a tade bit powerful?

[ Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:56: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #169
And what happened to Seoth? He sent his undead after Noric, and then he stayed with Geltor. At least, Nalyd had planned it that way. Guess he'll have to go along with it or risk messing up the other IC's. Time for a game of cat and mouse!

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #170
The ring was fire but the sword was not the sword wouldn't be put out by the rain. Plus the sword is apart of Geltor a mere rain would not put it out any more then it put out Geltor.

[ Thursday, April 26, 2007 14:20: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #171
Okay, now it's a sword. Not a flaming sword, just a sword. And the rain was part of Seoth. :P

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #172
explain to me how Seoth in his weaken status which you wrote in yourself can over power Geltors powers.
2 I never said the sword was flaming I just said it was created from flames. Geltor has the abilty to create things, solid things out of fire.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #173
Seoth never was able to overcome Geltor. He made a lightning barrier to stall for time, which wouldn't delay either god for more than a minute or so. And if the sword was a solid thing of flame, then it's just a bit smaller and cooler now. Still hellishly demonic, though.

[ Thursday, April 26, 2007 15:21: Message edited by: Spokesmage of the Dead ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #174
Then I appercaite it if you edit your post accordingly. What I ment by overpowering is what makes your storm stronger then my flames?

[ Thursday, April 26, 2007 17:39: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------

Pages