Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #350
Heavy metal makes up the majority of my selections(the softest thing on thing on there was probly the STP and Naked Sunday's one of their heavy songs). Come to think of it, it's bit better suited to Harath than Minoko. I'll make the changes.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #351
Nice, Rakshasi. I'm glad you found a way to pull that off.

I'd like to try and get a handle on how long all the important deities or other ancient beings have been around. So, could people list about how old their character and any immortal they introduced or given information about is (even if you've already stated it pretty clearly already)? In particular, I'd like to find out who's left from the original gods and goddesses. Lone Flame, you can skip this if you'd like, since your characters aren't from this world.

Burrard- original pantheon (?)
Digirid- at least 350 years
Fourty- 350 years
Hararth- original pantheon
U'uluua- nothing definite

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #352
Avin - 764 Years

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #353
Well, through some of my dealings with the other players, I've concluded that James is actually from the current realm, but left long ago(in his early days of demonhood) to seek power elsewhere(became deified in several different planes of existence). James had chosen his vacation location at random and ended up here by chance(or more accurately, fate). He had about forgotten the place even existed until he ran into Avin, whom James had known for a while during James's mortal days. Because time flow is not the same on all planes of existence, James's exact age, while a little above 10,000 years, is of little relevance to Kalandha's history. James only became a god because of a grand money making scheme set up by Minoko and company. At least this is what I ended up changing his background to be so that he better fits in better.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 18:00: Message edited by: Bandit Keith ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #354
Geltor has been a god for about 900 years (up till recently has been banished) He also been a demon for a good deal longer say 400 years before he got banished (he was banished for about 1000 years)

Ephesos I'm not involed in this rp to make you happy. As far as appearing to be too easy, a few thing for you:
1 Geltor has been prepareing a long time for it
2 Geltor is way more powerful then you are willing to admit
3 His banishment was partially self imposed
waiting for the patheon to be at its weakest.

Another thing Geltor has a huge following of hundreds of millions of demons in hell makeing him far more powerful in hell then in the main ream
This bring us to something else any confration with the Gate keeper is bad idea. Here is why, The gate keeper is the plot device I use to keep Geltor from geting a huge unimaginable unstoable force. Destroy the gate keeper and Geltor becomes overpowered and noone wants that.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 18:16: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #355
Originally by Lord Safey:

quote:
2 Geltor is way more powerful then you are willing to admit
This has been a problem since you joined. Geltor is too powerful, and we're trying to get you to tune him down. The ability to single-handedly release a demon so powerful it will take all the other deities' combined efforts to subdue him without even needing to recuperate afterwards is a very bad thing, no matter how many powers or followers you have. And there are far more ways to have a confrontation besides a fight to the death. Make them argue and have Geltor agree to do a favor for the Gatekeeper later in order to pass, or something.

Dikiyoba.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 19:10: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #356
I still don't think Makroangkeen should even be allowed out of hell yet. And Safey, here's a few things you should understand:

1. You've only been preparing since I slighted the power of Geltor.
2. You're not willing to admit that Geltor has any weaknesses at all.
3. Geltor is one of those characters in an RP that you really hate to have to associate with, but you know that if you don't do anything to slow them down early on, you'll spend the rest of the RP cleaning up after them.

quote:
Originally written by Safey:

Ephesos I'm not involed in this rp to make you happy.
Yes, you're involved in this RP specifically to make yourself happy, ignoring the rest of us. It's a group activity.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #357
I don't beleive he is as powerful as you make him out to be. Any overpowering here is becuase of your own preset opinions of how power he should be. Opinions I disagree with.

LF the only person who has decided to have his character fight Geltor has been told about my plans and he likes them. Since he is the only one who is going to fight Geltor he is the only one who has the right to complain about me overpowering Geltor and thus far no complaint has been lodge from him.

quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:
Originally written by Safey:

Ephesos I'm not involed in this rp to make you happy.
Yes, you're involved in this RP specifically to make yourself happy, ignoring the rest of us. It's a group activity.

Actually i have been dicussing almost every move with the one person who wants to cooridante anything LF. Almost everyone else has been off doing their own little projects with no concern with the big picture.

You Ephesos have never even bother giveing me an explnation beyond you have the right to your opinion. You reap what you sow.

edit: I have made one change to my last IC I made it a bit more tireing for Geltor if thats not enough then tough.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 19:45: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #358
Okay, do you read what you post?

quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

Geltor is way more powerful then you are willing to admit
quote:
Also written by Lord Safey:
I don't beleive he is as powerful as you make him out to be.
I hate you. Perhaps more specifically, I hate your style. All you've done is try to blow up the world, then whine about how people aren't letting you be as overpowered as you want to be.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #359
he is refering to that uber demon go your character keeps refering too.

I had a secondary charact Drigy with an alternate sub plot but someone did something too him without consulting me and ruined that.

To be fair you have done your fair share of whineing.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 19:59: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #360

quote:
I don't beleive he is as powerful as you make him out to be. Any overpowering here is becuase of your own preset opinions of how power he should be.
All we have to go on is what you give us in the ICs. If we're consistently telling you Geltor is overpowered, it's because we're constantly seeing Geltor overpowered. And we'll continue to complain until you change your ICs so he's not so overpowered.

quote:
Since he is the only one who is going to fight Geltor he is the only one who has the right to complain about me overpowering Geltor and thus far no complaint has been lodge from him.
You release M., and everyone will have to fight you. We are preparing for that, and we are already complaining about it. Besides, Ephesos has had to fight you already and he's complaining.

quote:
Almost everyone else has been off doing their own little projects with no concern with the big picture.
We don't want a freakin' god-killing abomination any time soon. Why is that so hard to understand?

quote:
I had a secondary charact Drigy with an alternate sub plot but someone did something too him without consulting me and ruined that.
Did you talk to Nalyd and try to fix the problem? Can you work with it somehow? Between you and Lenar and Nalyd, I'm sure you can come up with something.

Please don't make it come down to take it or leaf it time. Dikiyoba doesn't want to see that.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #361
quote:I don't beleive he is as powerful as you make him out to be. Any overpowering here is becuase of your own preset opinions of how power he should be.

All we have to go on is what you give us in the ICs. If we're consistently telling you Geltor is overpowered, it's because we're constantly seeing Geltor overpowered. And we'll continue to complain until you change your ICs so he's not so overpowered.

the prepostion "he" here is not refering to Geltor its refering to M

the only thing of mine epheos has fought is the fire shades and if you reread the IC I introudced them they are very feeble. epheos ignored what I had in the IC about them and overpowered them.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 20:34: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #362
Erm, LF? If Avin met James while James was still mortal, that would mean that, in order for James to become 9238 years older than Avin, he would have to have been mainly in realities/planes of existence/whatever that had hyper-accelerated timetables. Not that it matters much, but still.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #363
Safey, I'm sorry, I just assumed they were overpowered because you made them. Oh, and they all had multiple vials of the demon blood... which was just too complicated and too overpowered.

Look, if all we have to go on is ICs, then my IC said that Makroangkeen is more powerful than Geltor. Therefore, if we're going by the usual RP rules of "we at least try to respect the things that others offer", then Geltor is less powerful than Makroangkeen.

Safey, you do not get to control the most powerful evil force ever to grace Kalandha.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #364

quote:
the prepostion "he" here is not refering to Geltor its refering to M
Okay, then, let's try this again.

Fact: Geltor saw fit to return to hell to free M. instead of directing the next phase of the war.
Fact: The other gods decided that M. needed to be imprisoned to prevent problems while Geltor roams free.
Conclusion: M. is more powerful than Geltor.

Fact: Geltor is overpowered, able to destroy entire villages with minimal effort.
Fact: M. is more powerful than Geltor.
Conclusion: M. is overpowered as well.

So it's pretty darn obvious from your posts that M. is exactly as overpowered as we think he is.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #365
To all, I apologize for even creating Makroangkeen at this point... it was basically meant to put in perspective our own deities' powers. Specifically, it was meant to say to Geltor that he is not and should not be the biggest evil force in Kalandha. Little did I realize that Geltor would jump on this and try to release said huge evil force, in an attempt to solidify his own position as most powerful evil force in the multiverse.

Saluc was destroyed, right? Please tell me he was.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #366
I spefically said in IC that the fire shades are fraigle.

dikyinoia no one ever gave any exact conditions for something being over powered and until we can come ot a consenus at that everything you just posted is opnion and not fact.

Ephesos next time you try to compare chacacters like that mabey you should consult them. Personally I think you overpowered your own chacacter by dismissing Geltor out of hand.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 21:01: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #367
Safey, do you see anyone else with endlessly obedient followers? Who has the ability to gain new warriors within a few weeks? Who has the ability to blight large amounts of land and kill hundreds of people with their blood? Who can kill a god with ease? Who can destroy 15 villages in a single post? I don't think so. You have far more power than almost every other player. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Adding Makroangkeen to your army is unthinkable. We objected to Yumi, for crying out loud, why would we be okay with an ancient uber-demon? Keep him trapped in hell and unable to help out, kill him, or severely weaken him, or Dikiyoba will do so for you.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 21:44: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #368
I was trying to have this dicsussion with out threats being made. I don't like threats.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #369
I don't like threats either, but you point-blank refuse to admit that Geltor and Makroangkeen are overpowered. Until you do that, I don't have any other options.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #370
and you and everyone else have refused to to make a conceret list of whats overpowered and whats not or listen to any of my conerns. Until then a point blank refusal is all you should expect.

The reason I don't want threats being made is that it will just escalate the sitatuin not provide it with a solution you seek. I understand you don't need to be overpower and to that extent I have done my best to stay out of others peoples stories unless I have their consent. That includes makeing certain comments about them or gauging their power. Epheoses did this I didn't like.I ask him to change it. He didn't. I went on with what I was doing. He contiuned it. So I took adavantage of it.

When it comes to my concerns you didn't care you expect me to care about yours?

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 22:10: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #371
That was the character's OPINION. Not a fact. That was what Sliros thought on the matter, not a point-blank fact written in stone.

EDIT: Cares? You've been essentially steam-rolling over what everyone else thinks should happen. We say that Geltor is a little overpowered, so what do you do? You give him the ability to raze villages (albeit indirectly), gain an army of followers, and even corrupt gods! We voice a little louder that you're getting overpowered, so what do you do? You have your main character unite with a character more powerful than yourself (keeping in mind that your character is already overpowered) to make an uber-threat against the entire RP!

This RP is for ALL of us, even non-participants. It doesn't just exist to entertain you.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 22:18: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #372

quote:
and you and everyone else have refused to to make a conceret list of whats overpowered and whats not or listen to any of my conerns. Until then a point blank refusal is all you should expect.
I listed several of them in my above post, just off the top of my head. Fine, here they are again.

-endlessly obedient followers
You can order your demons to do anything you want and they will do it efficiently, quickly, tirelessly, and without complaint, even if it kills them. Overpowered.

-the ability to gain new warriors within a few weeks
Everyone else has a limited amount of followers (except for Nalyd, and I've pointed out before that he's borderline overpowered). You can always get more, so you can be reckless with the ones you have and build up more easily, as long as you keep killing. And all your followers are fighters, so they have no problems killing. Overpowered.

-the ability to blight large amounts of land and kill hundreds of people with their blood
Demon blood is potent and practically incurable. You have an endless amount of it. No one should have weapons this strong. Overpowered.

-can kill a god with ease
I shouldn't even have to explain this one. Deities are your equals. Any god or goddess you kill should be a difficult, resource-draining fight. Overpowered.

-can destroy 15 villages in a single post
You consistently pull stunts like that, and soon there's nothing left of Kalandha. It was far too quick and easy to be reasonable. Overpowered.

That's Geltor and his army alone. No matter how weak you think Makroangkeen is, he'll just make you even more overpowered.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Added quote.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 22:13: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #373
You underestimate guerilla warfare. His battle with James was duel he didn't do to well. He tricked the water. So he had the advantage. One theme I keep trying to go with is demons are expert ambushers/trickers. In an ambush the winner is deicded real quikly. Geltor wouldn't need to be overwhellming powerful to succsefully ambush another god. I gave explnations for my followers in the IC. Also the blighted land does not directly stem from Geltor. Its a combination of the Mages selfdestruct weapon and the blood from a huge number of demons. As far as the villages that happend over a diffent time span. To be honest their not quite finished.As far as ot her stunts you need to convice me of that.

Epheos presents this opnion more like a fact.

To tell the truth the only one currecntly involed with Geltor does mind at all. Since noone else is heaviely involeded, ya'll have been give your chance, I don't see how you have any say so.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 22:22: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #374
quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

He tricked the water. So he had the advantage.
It doesn't matter if Geltor had the advantage, you practically obliterated him in a single blow. If you were facing anything less than a god in that fight, that would be reasonable, but fact is, you destroyed a god that was both healthy and strong in a single hit. If that isn't overpowered, I don't know what is.

quote:
One theme I keep trying to go with is demons are expert ambushers/trickers. In an ambush the winner is deicded real quikly. Geltor wouldn't need to be overwhellming powerful to succsefully ambush another god.
Yes he would, because you, and I cannot emphasize this strongly enough, YOU CAN'T KILL A GOD IN A SINGLE BLOW!

quote:
Also the blighted land does not directly stem from Geltor. Its a combination of the Mages selfdestruct weapon and the blood from a huge number of demons.
They're probably talking about the drought you invoked across Kalandha.

quote:
Since noone else is heaviely involeded, and ya'll have been give your chance, I don't see how you have any say so.
BECAUSE THIS IS OUR RP! BECAUSE YOUR ACTIONS AFFECT MORE THAN JUST PEOPLE HEAVILY INVOLVED WITH YOUR BUSINESS!

*takes a calming breath*

Have you ever thought of how your actions affects the other RPers, or are you just thinking of yourself?

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 22:32: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Pages