Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #725
Nalyd, your post was fine, but there's one thing I'm uncomfortable with:

quote:
Seoth had been born over fifteen thousand years ago...
Fifteen thousand. Do you see what's wrong with this? Here, I'll give you a hint:

quote:
Sometimes the debates between scholars over precisely when the first historical reference to a deity occurred can get quite heated. Some say that the first allusions to gods were written in manuscripts over one millennium old. Others state that the oldest reliable records clearly referring to a divine being date back only eight centuries.
Combine this with the fact that I have hinted that the demon war took place relatively early in the era of gods, and that Mangroankeen was imprisoned one thousand years ago. So I guess it's safe to deduce that even the oldest gods (such as Tuoni and Sliross) are only between one and two thousand years old. So, you just might want to divide Seoth's age with ten.

Plus, this is something I want clarity about, did your character fight in the original demon war? 'Cause if he was born roughly around the beginning of the era of gods (lets say ~1500 years ago) and became a god some sixty years later, he was definitely there.

Just trying to retain a logical time line here. Sorry if it causes you trouble.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #726
Nalyd knew that he was forgetting something. We really need maps, timetables, and overall area descriptions here.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #727
Maps we have... enough, I think, but maybe we should get them into a single place. Maybe the beginning of the next OOC thread. I'm worried UBB will eat this any second now. A timetable, though, we definitely need. I'll give it a shot within the next few weeks. Blame NaNoWriMo for my hurries.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #728
I posted some updates on all my various story lines hope I didn't screw anything up.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #729
2000 years old seems a little young for an entire existence.

By the way, Nalyd finished the post. Read it. And post, damn you!

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #730
Only hell is that old as far as the gods they could be a thousand or two thousand years older. However I will point out I am not the one who made the time line everything just more sort of fell into place.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #731
Nalyd, I think it has been strongly implied that the world is older than that... but gods ain't. Gods have made Kalandha what it is, but they are not responsible for it's original creation. This is how I see it, and have seen it from the beginning.

As for the time line, I am currently rereading the RP. There's an awful lot of things to account for, so I'd appreciate if everyone PM'ed me the ages of their gods and any major events they participated in. I know most of them have been posted either on this topic or the IC, but I might miss some things, so it's good to have a failsafe.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #732
Ah. Okay. That makes more sense. Sorry to be difficult.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #733
*bump*

...hopefully, that won't kill the topic.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #734
Dammit. Now Nalyd wants to RP again.

Edit: And we're having another purge? That was fast.

[ Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:23: Message edited by: Agrajag ]

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Pages