Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #75
Clearly, more organization is needed... I can only do so much to de-plothole what involves my character, and I can do next to nothing for everyone else's.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #76
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Nalyd, Sliros just awoke. You're kinda putting words in my mouth. A lot of words.
And, um, is anyone else worried that Mervingorix's hold on Seoth is overpowered, or is it just me?

Originally by Rakshasi:

quote:
Ephesos, did you forget that there's already a faction named the Forsaken? Or are you and Dikiyoba plotting together?
I assume it's just an independant development for both of our gods to have similar goals. But I think Sliros and Fourty will have very different methods for accomplishing them and aren't working in the same area (yet), so it should be okay.

And do you already know what Mervingorix is interested in? If not, Dikiyoba might have something interesting for him.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #77
Yeah, I apologize with regards to the Forsaken thing. I meant it in an abstract sense, and I'd more or less had the idea back when this started. It doesn't seem to be much of an issue, but if it is, I'm prepared to change it.

And yes, I was slightly worried about the whole Seoth thing as well. More or less, I just find it worrying that there's a god-binding spell running around.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #78
I just thought it was because he was his patron vampire. I don't think he will beable to do that to other gods. I'm going to add on to my story soon (mabey tommorw)

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #79
quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

I just thought it was because he was his patron vampire. I don't think he will beable to do that to other gods. I'm going to add on to my story soon (mabey tommorw)
Um... that was Cassius. Cassius used to be the vampire.

And LF, that's what PMs are for. You ask someone before you use their character.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #80
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

And do you already know what Mervingorix is interested in? If not, Dikiyoba might have something interesting for him.
I don't have much planned, except some sort of far-reaching underground operation which has the support of powerful, to-be-named forces. I'd like to hear your suggestion, but if someone else was hoping or planning something, we can work with that too.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #81
I don't neccarly want to control the vampire clan but I wouldn't mind allying with it.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #82
With enough fire, there won't be a vampire clan to worry about dealing with for too long.

And remember kids: Fire solves everything

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #83
Ephesos, Mervingorix could very well have been lying.

By Nalyd-
quote:
Demeaning, isn't it? You have Sliros to thank for that. Sliros? Not surprising. But Mervingorix may well be lying. He couldn't be trusted.
And, Mervingorix had at least two god powers, and they were strengthened by his being Seoth's patron vampire.

By Nalyd-
quote:
Whatever control spell he had used, he had not cast it himself. He had help from at least two other god-powers. That is, a god that is either Master of two domains in the pantheon, such as Weather and Death, or two gods, each the Master of one domain.
And they aren't necessarily gods that anybody is playing as.

Nalyd is sorry if he ****ed things up here.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #84
Am I the only one not en route to Kirwood.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #85
No, because half or so of us are already there

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #86
darn

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #87
Or at least, I'm pretty sure that's where we're at. So sure in fact, I'll bet someone else's life on it.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #88
I guess to meet anybody I'm going ot have to lay siege to kirwood and that might be a while.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #89
Well, the problem with besieging Kirwood is that the people in Kirwood have already decided on what they want to do and how they'll do it. Besieging the city means that they have to rethink their plans and change everything to cope with your new ideas. I'm sure that at least a few people in Kirwood will object.

Instead, try to work with the other RPers to develop situations for you to act in, rather than forcing changes upon others.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #90
I'm trying too. Which is part of the reason why I stick too the outskirts of the story. I do see your point and if someone wants to work with my character I be willing too.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #91
Well, first of all, 6000 demons capable of waging war on multiple fronts is way too much. No one else has that kind of power. Second, your intelligence is a bit beyond belief. You just came back from ages in another realm--how do you know all the countries and powerful people nearby? Run a few scouting missions to get the information you need and to begin to interact with other players, or something.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #92
Well them fighting on mutiple fronts weakens me. Second my demons have been starveing death in a prision for thousands of years their not a full power they have to feed. Sure they can pusth themselves for a breif engament but their not yet fit for an extend engament. As far as the intellgence He devored more then the elders body. I have yet to revealed the demons set of strengths, powers, or weakness.

edit: Heltoson tribe isn't as a large. I never said all the tribes where the same size. Geltor was capable of contacting the dark mages. Just because he can't come to the realm doesn't mean he doesn't have the power to observe things in the realm.

[ Sunday, April 22, 2007 09:41: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #93
...still. That's a lot. This is an awful lot like TM's rakshasi in the Avernum Reloaded RP. By which I mean, very annoying and not very conducive to a well-played RP.

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 8551
Profile #94
save it for the judge
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #95
"though powerful, can't be omnipotent, omniscient, or omnipresent" and "Players giving their gods too much power are also a concern; however, it will also be easier to solve these problems In Character." is all I found on how much power I can give to my character and for someone whos new to RPs thats bit vague. If the group thinks I'm not following the rules then prehaps someone be willing to explain to me what I'm doing wrong. I was under the impressions that we were allowed to give gods the power to raze cities and nations to the ground and have thousands of followers. Was that impression wrong?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #96
quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

I was under the impressions that we were allowed to give gods the power to raze cities and nations to the ground and have thousands of followers. Was that impression wrong?
No, and you almost did it correctly. Razing an insignificant mage-nation to the ground was fine, because nobody was using it.

Thousands of followers? Good. Thousands of demon followers? Okay... Thousands of somewhat overpowered demons that are somehow organized enough to follow orders competently? Not so much.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #97
Originally by Lord Safey:

quote:
I was under the impressions that we were allowed to give gods the power to raze cities and nations to the ground and have thousands of followers. Was that impression wrong?
Yes?

I mean, that's the way we could have gone, but that's not way it ended up being. Most deities seem to have chosen to work mostly independently of their followers. And, really, what's the fun of razing cities to the ground? Once you've destroyed the whole world, then what do you do? The point of an RP isn't to win, it's to tell an interesting, coherent story.

I would be more comfortable if your demons were mostly non-combatants just looing for a piece of land to call their own or spent so much time with political infighting that they couldn't ever get much done and not "we're going to kill and conquer everything we can just because we're demons". (That's the vibe I'm getting, so if that's not true, then correct me, preferably in IC form.)

Honestly, what's really making Dikiyoba complain is that you know who Cassius and Mervingorix are (and can presumably find them). Mervingorix's hold on Seoth makes Dikiyoba nervous enough without adding a horde of demons to the mixture.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #98
I agree demons are normaly a bit of a loose cannon.
2 reason why they are untited for now.
1 One of Geltor's god powers is the absoulte loyalty of the demons
2 Their desire for revenge against the gods is for now overpowering their selfishness.

I willing make the orders to seek allaigge a bit vage something along the lines "I sense a power group of vampire in such such direction a bit more vague go find them and ally your self with them"

I do understand that my character might be a bit powerful. I have two propasals:

1 I have Geltor bid his time makeing allainces, ploting, minor engaments, slowing gain power, ect until the good guys are strong enough to put up a good fight.

2 I or someone else make an npc both capable and willing to oppose me and I defeat him at great cost but am severly weaken and more managable for every one else.

One last thing to help prevent one person from overpowering themselfs shouldn't we document the powers and followers(and their power) of all the gods to prevent this?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #99
I'm gonna go ahead and do my next post. I put a lot of words in Dintiradan's character's mouth without asking him. Sorry, it was fun. Hope he enjoys.

--------------------
You lose.

Pages