Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #125
Guess I was worried about nothing after all.

Has anyone given the time of year this takes place in yet?

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #126
Hmmm. . . No, Nalyd doesn't think so. However, spring or summer seem to fit the descriptions best.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #127
Wow. Vampires as an immediate threat taken out already... Well *censored*. Looks like that means I'll have to do something else now and I was so looking forward to actually doing a legitimate fight too.

Quick recap. Who's playing who again?

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #128
Well, Nalyd is Seoth, and he is planning on introducing a new NPC faction.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #129
Actually, I might be introducing a faction of sorts that you might be interested in within a post or two, Nalyd. It will explain Harath's disappearance.

Dikiyoba will PM the details (such as they are) shortly.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #130
Erm... that's a lot of posts. I'm going to have to take a while to catch up.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #131
Well, it would appear there's nothing I can do right now... Curse you RPing ethics!!! Oh well... I'm just being silly now.

EDIT: New master plan being hatched as I type this.
(>^.^)> <(^.^)> <(^.^<) (>^.^)> <(^.^)> <(^.^<) (>^.^)> <(^.^)> <(^.^<)Go pseudo Kirby. Dance like you've never danced before! MWUHAHA!!!

[ Monday, April 23, 2007 18:12: Message edited by: LF ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #132
how does your chacarter know I"m tryig to ally with cassuis?

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 01:21: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #133
Just an FYI: The black marks in Sveltas's new-found journal were really just an excuse to get into Kirwood.
They definitely do not have nothing to do with Sliros or any other slumbering ancients. I had simply hoped to save them as a deus ex machina.
Anyone can feel free to come up with something for later. Just let me know in advance... we don't want Sveltas translating the wrong thing, now do we?

EDIT: 600!

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 01:43: Message edited by: Lenar ]

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #134
quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

how does your chacarter know I"m tryig to ally with cassuis?
It's called cheating. Get used to it. I'm just kidding... On a more related note, divination magics combined with divine insight, mixed a decent bit of intellect with some sprinkles of paranoia, let's him put 2 and 2 together. As far as James knows, there's no other reason for the demon to want the evil vampire lord out of the way. Having just had dealt with similar situations with another pantheon, on another plane, a few weeks ago, kinda helps too.

EDIT: Doesn't matter anyway, cause I've set up a few extra plot devices for future use. Btw. For the record, James is not above negotiating with the demon. It just doesn't make sense for a Demon God to even consider trying to forge an alliance with a freaking Love God, without that god actually having something to make it look like consideration of negotiations should even be thought of.

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 07:52: Message edited by: LF ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #135
Well, Seoth is entirely bereft of exciting things to do. Someone make a move, quick!

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #136
If you are the hated foe of a demon it might be possible to negoitate with them if you have them at your mercy. My demons are ruthless and cunning, not sucidal and stupid.

p.s. I want to be consulted on the out come of the fight since my god is directly involed

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:44: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #137
ACTION-BREAKING TIME!!!

I think that the 4 of us who are involved in the fight should thoroughly consult with each other via PM to make sure this fight ends decently and in a respectable(and cinematicly cool) way... or maybe even in a diplomatic way. Let's see what the discussions lead to.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #138
Okay, right... for an update, I still haven't had time to catch up. By this weekend at the latest, I'll have another IC.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #139
Well, to sum it up, vampire lord *what's-his-name* is dead, James is trying to go toe-to-toe with demon lord Ali G... er, Geltor, and trying to ensure he doesn't get positioned to be back-stabbed in the process.

That fight, if I have my way, won't end very soon, but will make up for the wait by being really cool.

And I'm not %100 sure what it is exactly the other deities are doing, except something about Fourty going off to some refugee camps and another deity(I forget who) is researching some stuff about deities... or something like that.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #140
quote:
Originally written by Gaara of the Funk:

demon lord Ali G... er, Geltor,
He is god of the demons. Thats different then being a demon lord.

its Seoth move now. After he makes his move I will discuss the fight and make my move.

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 14:09: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #141
Yep, regardless of the outcome, I know it will be interesting.

For the record: Demon Lord, Demon God... meh, minor details. Demon Gods are over-rated.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #142
I have already determined part of what I want to do for my next move. For the rest I need Nalyd to make his move.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #143
Right... so I think I'm caught up. Just one question:

Where exactly is everyone? I can't keep everyone's locations straight... all I know is that Fourty (and perhaps Harath) are in Mannik, and that Sliros and Marras are in Kirwood.

(Goes back and checks Lenar's summary)

Oh... so Cassius is in Mannik? James, Geltor and Seoth are all in some unnamed meeting place... eh, whatever. I know who's around Kirwood.

Also, Safey, your demons are still too powerful. Nothing that isn't a god can escape being noticed by a god.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #144
That is true. And paralyzing a god's a bit much(edit: and was completely unnecessary, everyone's entitled to their drawn out monologues. seriously, look at James, he never shuts up), fortunately, for you, that... nevermind. You'll see eventually.

Anyway. As best as I can tell, James, Geltor, Noric, Seoth, and, for now, Cassius are just outside of Kirkwood.

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 16:25: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #145
I'll guess I'll have to rewrite that bit to from can't be detected to haveing extremt difficulty being detected. Remeber so far you have only seen the elites. The grunts of the group can only steal essence from things they kill, can't take forms nor mememorys.

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 16:59: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #146
Safey, Let's just establish one basic principle. A demon, even an upper-lv one, can't take on a god, not by itself. Period. Look at Diablo 2, it took the 3 most powerful demon lords to corrupt an arch-angel(the next closest thing to a god), or 2 to beat one down.

I'll break it down to you like this(important ones noted in bold):

regular people < demons
regular people < angels
regular people < undead -usually-
demons > undead -usually
undead < angels
demons = angels
arch angels < gods
demon lords > regular demons
demon lords < gods
arch angels > normal angels
demon lord = arch angel
demon god = god

EDIT: I hope I have been at least somewhat helpful.

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 17:36: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #147
if what you say about then being absoultly no threat to something is true, then why do gods wish their destruction? and just because you are inferior to something doesn't mean you can't stall them or slow them down. Thats whole point of guerilla warefare. Ya'll didn't raise this much of a fuss when a vampire lord controls a god for an extend period time. Yet I merely stall one ya'll throw a hissy fit.

edit for the record I have never played diablo
also I edit the binding spell out to make you happy. This means however I get to keep the services of a demon.

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 18:05: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #148
I'm not saying they're not dangerous. I'm not saying that several of them aren't a threat. I'm saying, 1 demon is no match for a god, definitely not on the fly. that's all.

EDIT: Unless that demon is also a god, but that's because it's then a god vs god fight.
More EDIT: I'll continue this discussion at a time other than tonight.

[ Tuesday, April 24, 2007 18:51: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #149
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Guess I was worried about nothing after all.

Has anyone given the time of year this takes place in yet?

Dikiyoba.

"It was a beautiful autumn night; the sky was clear, letting the stars and the moon shine upon the desolate road Marras was walking. Back home in the North, trees had already shed their leaves in preparation for winter, but here in the South it was still lush and green. It made Marras feel happy for the first time in a long, long time."

Does this answer your question?

BTW, Ephesos, I too might need to know about the events that last took place when Sliros was awake. PM it to me if you can, unless you're planning to divulge it in your IC at some point.

[ Wednesday, April 25, 2007 00:27: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.

Pages