Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #500
You've never worked at a fast food place, have you

--------------------
"These sunglasses sure make it difficult to see in the dark, but I refuse to take them off because I'm an American and Americans always wear sunglasses."
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #501
Nope. But I've had a good chance to look at the summer employees one such place has, and I found myself surprised by the fact that a line of two persons can take ten minutes to solve. They're even worse than I am.

EDIT: I hope Lenar is writing that IC post now...

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 07:20: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #502
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

There is a higher deity than ours, keeping watch over things. The only problem is, it has had orders to not meddle with life on Kalandha
Close. They are not ordered to not interfere, but unlike our brazen hierarchy, they prefer to keep it so that no one knows they exist. They do tend to keep to a non-interference style of management, but this only applies to direct interference. They decided the outcome of the battle between Seoth and Geltor a long time ago. Also, one last note. The deities I'm referring to is on a hierarchy between our hierarchy and the blockade deity's hierarchy.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #503
I'm actually kind of sorry to hear that, Nioca. The mortals percieve deities like the ones we play as infallible, but we know from the actions of our deities and of the deities around us that they aren't, and there's a lot to explore with that. How do you respond and what do you do when you have to fake your infallibility, or when you realize that other gods around you may not be working towards a greater good? But to have a higher set of deities who are infallible and have ensured that everything is working as it should ruins that exploration.

Don't get me wrong; I want you to have those higher gods. But I don't want them to be infallible. Perhaps "they" and the white-haired woman are wrong to prevent low-level gods and mortals having access to that energy storing technology. Maybe while your character is struggling to figure out what is going on, "they" are too. As I read it, the blockade-deity didn't seem like it knew exactly what it was doing all the time either. Just my opinion.

Oh, and with a hierarchy comprising mortals, demigods and angels and who knows what else, and at least three levels of deities, it's no wonder that Burrard is such a powerful and enduring god. :P

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Stupid post icon.

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 09:10: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #504
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

But to have a higher set of deities who are infallible and have ensured that everything is working as it should ruins that exploration.
Infallible? Where did I say that? Just because they have a whole lot more foresight and power than our characters doesn't make them infallible.

EDIT: In fact, their relationship between our hierarchy and theirs' is almost identical to that of our hierarchy and mortals. AKA: They aren't immortal either. They just aren't quite as out-of-control as our hierarchy. Also, there are a near infinite number of hierarchies. However, the higher up they get, the less significant we seem. Thus, I wouldn't expect anyone from the fourth hierarchy to pay us any attention. Which, from a OoC perspective, acts as a sort of failsafe. And none of them are omniscient, though they may fancy themselves as such.

EDIT 2: I suppose I need to clarify one last thing. By saying "They decided the outcome of the battle between Seoth and Geltor a long time ago", I meant that they made sure to tip the balance in Seoth's favor through some small, seemingly insignificant and inconsequential action before the battle ever took place. Quite frankly, anyone with half a brain and knowledge of Geltor could see that he was going to go on a rampage eventually.

EDIT 3: Oh, and Dikiyoba? You spelled 'perceive' wrong. :P

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:01: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #505
Well, considering that Seoth and Geltor haven't officially battled yet, Nalyd is feeling a bit sadistic. . .

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #506
Originally by Nioca:

quote:
EDIT 2: I suppose I need to clarify one last thing. By saying "They decided the outcome of the battle between Seoth and Geltor a long time ago", I meant that they made sure to tip the balance in Seoth's favor through some small, seemingly insignificant and inconsequential action before the battle ever took place. Quite frankly, anyone with half a brain and knowledge of Geltor could see that he was going to go on a rampage eventually.
Okay, understood. That's the line that worried me. Except, why even mention them there at all? If there was an IC reason for it, I missed it. And if it's only in OoC, why make things unnecessarily complicated?

quote:
What did Dikiyoba just say about infallibility? :P
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #507
For the record, in the end, it will James who has the major fight Geltor, not Seoth. That was set up early in the story. 'Sides, Seoth has a psycho-chick or two to deal with. Just as poor Silros may get stuck battling the uber demon lord of sheer 'ow this is gonna hurt me a lot.' If not, I'll have a lot of BSing to do.

On a sidenote: I would like to take this time to needlessly advertise Firefox, the web browser that has built in spell check(or at least my copy does, I haven't used it on any other computer).

--------------------
"These sunglasses sure make it difficult to see in the dark, but I refuse to take them off because I'm an American and Americans always wear sunglasses."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #508
Nalyd is fresh out of ideas. If anyone has an offer or something, PM him.

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:12: Message edited by: Necro-Master ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #509
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Nioca:

quote:
Okay, understood. That's the line that worried me. Except, why even mention them there at all? If there was an IC reason for it, I missed it. And if it's only in OoC, why make things unnecessarily complicated?

It has already been addressed in IC, if in an extremely vague, cryptic, and obscure way. IF you want, reread my more recent IC posts and see if you can pick up the small little clues and hints.

quote:
quote:
What did Dikiyoba just say about infallibility? :P

:D

EDIT: Nylad, PM.

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:43: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #510
Responded, Nioca. And welcome to The Roost.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #511
Well, one of my characters basically sent Seoth an invite to her place, if ya wanna work with that

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #512
Re-responded, Nalyd. And welcome to Shadow Vale.

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 16:50: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #513
Shadow Veil... huh? I'z don'tz likez wherez thatz couldz bez goinz.

Whatever it is, it had better be something spiffy awesome cool

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #514
Shadow Vale and The Roost are both satellite forums of Spiderweb. Shadow Vale, created by Tyranicus in December 2006, is heavily dedicated to BoA and, recently, BoE, and is also notable for having no CoC at all. The Roost is a general forum recently created by Sarasaphilia, and is dedicated to scripting in Geneforge and gaming in general.

EDIT: Shadow Vale is also the place where the action in Nethergate and the recently-released-for-mac Nethergate: Resurrection takes place.

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 18:31: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #515
So all that stuff was some behind the scenes forum advertising and recruitment?! Wow... I'm amazed... I really need to get some better hobbies...

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #516
Hm... I'm not sure how I feel about all these levels of the hierarchy. Eh, they're not seeming too important yet.

I'm thinking up an IC now, actually.

Also, has anything at all been said about Makroangkeen since Geltor merged with him? 'Cause I'd like to write an IC from his perspective, if nobody else minds.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #517
FF had a bit (in the second really long post, perhaps?), but I don't remember offhand exactly what it all was. Edit: Nothing too critical, though.

Dikiyoba.

[ Wednesday, May 30, 2007 21:31: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #518
I had some in the first long post; it was there to point out, that while Geltor and Mangroankeen have similar goals, Mangroankeen considers himself sligthly opposed to Geltor. This is there to give room for possible inter-demon conflicts. If you, Eph, want to use his perspective, just ask Safey for permission and go for it.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #519
That would make sense. Demons are known for their not getting along with each other, especially as they get higher on the power scale. This would be especially true for 2 who are that powerful as powerful as Geltor and Mangroankeen. Demons generally work together til a point and ultimately stab each other in the back. Or at least that's how I see it working. Hell, Safey himself basically set that up with 'Destroying them was hard enough, but making them civilized, that would never happen. Not even Burrard would try that.'

Of course, I did make some grammar/spelling adjustments.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #520
Responded, Nioca. Part of it's cut off, though.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #521
Re-responded. What part's cut off?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #522
No, that was referring to the one before the one about Balance. With the "However," cutoff.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #523
Boy, we're really giving the PM system a workout. (AKA: check PM)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #524
Alright, here's one more PM, Nioca.

--------------------

Pages