Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #250
Right. Liches have souls located outside their body. They're all located in a big storeroom in the Bone Dome. They can lease out their own souls if they want to do experiments. What, it's not a weakness to have all the souls of your commanders located in a single spot. . . :D

Edit- Typo.

[ Monday, May 07, 2007 11:51: Message edited by: Necromancing Wolfowitz ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #251
Originally by Lord Flame:

quote:
EDIT: Comedic relief & filler in stories(that aren't TV shows) are so that people don't start to take everything too seriously.
While comic relief and not taking things too seriously tends to be a good thing, there are times when it's not. If we lose other people's characters and plotlines in the filler, or it becomes so absurd that it ruins suspension of disbelief, then it becomes a bad thing. For the most part, I don't have a problem with what you're doing, but it comes close to that line or crosses it at times, so please keep your ICs reasonable, both in content and in amount.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Typo.

[ Monday, May 07, 2007 12:10: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #252
Question: Who wants to be the ones who have to deal with Yumi? I'm going to stick her in one of the groups and I would like some suggestions and what not.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #253
If she can be killed in a horribly disgusting and graphic way, Nalyd won't mind dealing with her.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #254
Seconded.

She wouldn't be so bad if:

1) She acted like a proper minor character and just went off to do her own thing, away from our storylines.
2) She wasn't about as cliché as characters come, in terms of hyperactive asian schoolgirl stereotypes.
3) She was your main character, and not just someone inserted for filler.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #255
I'm not sure if you want to tag Yumi along with Geltor he wouldn't take her antics too well.

edit:I'm sure others have simlar feelings as well.

[ Tuesday, May 08, 2007 01:15: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #256
Well, guess that means I'll have to break out the M. Night Shyamalaning on y'all earlier than I was originally planning.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #257
Some don't need to sleep, some don't get to. What a cruel world we have...

To those who don't understand the first part of my post: its referring to the very first IC I wrote for this RP, answering a question no-one made. It isn't really necessary, but I felt the need to write it for completenes's sake.

Now there's a soul who really needs Lauraziel to comfort her...

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #258
two things the blood letting knife enhances the corrupting power of demon blood. Second Geltor's lair will be extremly large but extremly small.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #259
Um. . . LF, it would be helpful to know exactly how powerful your dynamic duo of side characters are.

Also, just to clear this up, how do you become a god in Kalandha? Nalyd was of the impression that you have to kill a god in order to ascend.

Edit- And can you people please stop making up random gods?

Oh, and in absence of a celebration topic, it's Nalyd's 13th birthday today.

[ Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:13: Message edited by: Necromancing Wolfowitz ]

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #260
Originally by Nalyd:

quote:
Also, just to clear this up, how do you become a god in Kalandha? Nalyd was of the impression that you have to kill a god in order to ascend.
Burrard caused Fourty to ascend, so deities can choose to make mortals divine, if they want to.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #261
Oh, dear. What's to stop someone from making an army of divinities? Nalyd is quite positive that this will be abused in the future.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #262
IC reasons why deities wouldn't use that power very often is because those they grant divinity to don't necessarily stay loyal to them and because every other deity would immediately attack the out-of-control god or goddess.

OOC reasons why no one can do that is that it would wreck the RP and every other participant would immediately attack the out-of control player, both in and out of context.

Good enough for you?

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #263
quote:
Originally written by Necromancing Wolfowitz:

Um. . . LF, it would be helpful to know exactly how powerful your dynamic duo of side characters are.
Since you're just now asking, I'm going to assume you mean the new guys... Powerful enough to make James not want to fight both of them at the same time by himself, but at the same time, neither is capable of beating him in a one on one fight. One creates life & excels at politics and the other is an experienced demon hunter & lawyer(Fallian and Burrard both probly had to deal with this guy at least once). Both of them hate James, but not as much as the third guy who has yet to be introduced.

On a sidenote: How does this sound, "Minoko Godess of Corporate Enterprise"

EDIT: Pic of the new guys(for anyone who cares)

[ Tuesday, May 08, 2007 17:55: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #264
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

Now there's a soul who really needs Lauraziel to comfort her...
Heh. I thought the "Somewhere,..." was a hint.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #265
I apologize for taking so long to post again. I really don't have an excuse.

By Nalyd:
quote:
I deliberately left that open, and people came up with their own backstory. There shouldn't be only one way, or Ashy would be out of a job. :)

I realize that Kalandha has a lot more gods that most fantasy settings, but I don't think they should be a dime a dozen. I'm just a little leery of creating too many NPC gods. At the very least, I think mass ascension and armies of gods should be out.

--------------------
I have an answering machine in my car. It says, "I'm home now. But leave a message and I'll call when I'm out."
- Steven Wright

[ Wednesday, May 09, 2007 06:39: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #266
If everyone's a god, then no one really is a god. Godhood is being a divine being that's better than mortals. If there are no mortals, there are no gods.

On a related note, I don't think I'll be introducing another god for a while. I've put enough people in this game for now.

I've done some character development. It's time for some gaining a power base and forging alliances to fight the forces of darkness. James the God of Love, Yumi the Butterfly Godess, and Serena the generic psycho-(censored) aren't quite enough to face down demon gods, undead-obsessed storm gods thingies, and the unnamed future threat that makes all of the previous threats look like Girl Scouts.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #267
quote:
Originally by Nalyd:

Edit- And can you people please stop making up random gods?

I think I'm partially to blame for that, Nalyd.

Just to make it clear, Noric did not ascend because he destroyed Saluc. He ascended because Kyros chose him as his own successor.

I too believe that we need to be careful about the NPC deities. I feel that any deity who is not a player should in general be treated as neutral. And I'm a bit against one player controlling more than one deity: it's too much power for one player (coughloneflamecoughcough).
So... let the NPCs stay NPC. I don't mind if we come up with characters with which to interact (though I would like a bit less violent interaction), or characters simply mentioned to purposefully fill out the detail of the world.
But no fluff. And no dei ex deis . It's getting a little ridiculous.

That said, I wouldn't mind a handful of functional npc factions (such as the assassin's guild, the armies of Kalazaar, the vampires, the Forsaken, the thieves guild, etc.) that we can all interact with. We are not an island.

Edit: Formatting, again. I'm on a roll today.

[ Wednesday, May 09, 2007 07:16: Message edited by: Lenar ]

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #268
Originally by Lone Flame:

quote:
and the unnamed future threat that makes all of the previous threats look like Girl Scouts.
Argh, no. Why must all RPs involve some sort of ridiculously overpowered threat? We've already had several improbable god-threatening events. We don't need another one.

And dump Yumi. You can keep Serena, but get rid of Yumi. Seriously. No one wants to interact with her and you have quite enough power over the direction this RP is taking already.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #269
Personally, I think Yumi is a lovable family-friendly character with more depth than meets the eye and is highly under-appreciated.

That said. I won't get rid of her, but I will have to come up with something for her to do(and some way for James to get away from her), since she's so hated...

EDIT: Since the last time James tried to recruit people to fight the forces of evil turned out so tragically, I'm somewhat reluctant to try it again, but here goes...

[ Wednesday, May 09, 2007 15:18: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #270
Oh, and just so you know, the inn Seoth was referring to was the one Noric is currently staying at.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #271
I suppose it's a little too late for me to join.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #272
Not at all. You can join anytime you want. It's best to have an introductory post with little plot value explaining who your character is and what he/she/it does.

Have fun! :cool:

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #273
Do join, man. Latecomers are always welcome!

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #274
Just be sane, please. Dikiyoba is having a difficult time understanding what's going on all the time as it is.

Pages