Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #200
Yup. And finally a post! Yay!

Take that, new gods!

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #201
ephesos I rather if you leave Geltor's history and the demon race to me.

The idea that this one could replace the ancient king of demons, Makroangkeen, was laughable at best... and the thought that this weakling wanted to replace Saluc was pathetic.

Geltor never said anything about replaceing Makroankeen. Second Geltor is agod Makroankeen was not automatically makeing Geltor way more powerful.

[ Wednesday, May 02, 2007 13:39: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #202
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Take that, new gods!
Wow. And to think that Dikiyoba was worried about our gods being too similar. :P
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #203
Ephesos is entitles to his opinions, Safey. Even if they demean your PC.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #204
No I don't mind that to much. However I don't like him invetning history of the race Geltor is patron too.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #205
quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

No I don't mind that to much. However I don't like him invetning history of the race Geltor is patron too.
Alright. Then I declare Sliros to be patron of all humans. All of them. And gods too. So I run the RP. You lose.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #206
Hmm. Nayld, is that a roundabout way of inviting me to join you? Do you want me to "cure" you, and if so in approximately how many posts?

Also, do the participants want to continue the Love/Demon/Undead/Vampire war?

EDIT: Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Safey, I think Ephesos is irritated because you never defined the entire demonic race as being "your" faction, and also because getting consent for every little detail (which, in this case, barely relates to your character and certainly has no effect on the current events) is tiresome.

[ Wednesday, May 02, 2007 15:26: Message edited by: Calphrexo ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #207
everyone elsed whined about what I consider minor and I gave into their whining, why can't I expect the same?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #208
(Insert unfounded ranting to vent rage from a completely unrelated situation here)

**Hmmm... Not quite as effective, but a lot better for everyone around me.**

Anyway. Safey, some added back-story(or at least what was done) doesn't hurt. Also, there was a little insult to my guy too(insert 2 and 1/2 hours of off topic tangent here). James might end up making Sliros eat those words. Anyway. What I'm trying to say is don't let it get to you and keep on developing your character, and making him more interesting. I would offer up some more words of encouragement, but you probly don't need(or want) them.

Speaking of character development and substance... What do y'all think about what I've got going on so far?

[ Wednesday, May 02, 2007 18:57: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #209
Alright... basically, Sliros is of the opinion that old gods > new gods, until proven otherwise. Mind you, that's not an open invitation to come and mess with me... Safey, you and the others have enough going on.

LF, that dig at James was mostly referring to the long rambling monologues. When you hear that from a few miles away, you get the impression that someone's kinda confused.

Safey, cool it. Okay? Cool it... your god is acting inexperienced, so he becomes inexperienced.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #210
still your guy is incrediably well infromed for just wakeing up.

Jusy abit info about the gatekeeper. He is the physical embodiment of hell. He has one motive bringing in as many souls into hell as possible. He only lets those out who he thinks can do this. Which is why he let Geltor and his army out so long ago. It also why he doesn't mind if Geltor loses. I don't really want the gatekeeper or hell for that matter to get too involved for reason of being overpowered. I estimate hell haveing 12billion souls and 120million demons. It is because of the Gatekeeper Geltor just can't go get more reinforcments when ever he wants.

[ Thursday, May 03, 2007 01:20: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #211
I'm sitting this one out, but I have a comment: Some of the RPs at Spiderweb rely on a heavily oligarchic rule, almost like a cabal (although there is no cabal, of course).

The effects of this, as seen by an outsider, are confusing, because there are a lot of rules that run "you can't do this, but we can because we know what we're doing".

This generally works, however - and as you get more skilled at writing actual stories (both in terms of writing skill and in making the plot run smoothly) you get to be part of this as well.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #212
Balance wasn't much of a problem back in my day. We'd each sometimes get slightly out of hand, but then we'd fix the problem real smoothing. Ah, the good old days... Oh well, enough of that.

In all seriousness, I've been wondering exactly what kind of balance are we really supposed to place on gods. I'm(and, to an extend, so is Safey) using a character written up with reasonably clear rules from a fairly well-established system. And some of that has been considered too powerful(and all I was using for the part was non-divine powers).

All any of us people who are considered to be power-gaming can do is do what we can and try to smooth over things when they don't go over well with the others.

I would, however, like to point out, at least we aren't getting ridiculous like this one guy I know would. In a conversation that came up last night, he was talking about this really powerful character he had that was impossible to kill(because of some powerful artifact that could not be destroyed or removed from him), stole souls/life force from everyone and everything, and wasn't even epic^ yet had more power than someone who was. In a mock battle, the combined efforts of 2 very powerful gods could not beat him, even when using all of their divine power.

The moral of the story, at least no one's doing BS like that. If someone did, I would track them down and beat them to death with my key-chain.

^epic - a category of power signifying that you're at least lv 21 or higher in a d20 game. Epic opens up a new array of abilities, power, equipment, and monsters to play with.(All gods are better than epic).

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #213
Lenar in your last IC you mention something about drigy I sent you something, check your message box.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #214
Huh. James is apparently having romantic struggles. Anyone up for a hot sex scene? ;)

But don't worry about Seoth's army and fortress. He has a plan for them, and they'll be more interesting than the demons. No offense, Safey.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #215
fair enough, what Geltor's demons are working one is two fold.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #216
Reponded, Safety.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #217
quote:
Originally written by Spokesmage of the Dead:

Huh. James is apparently having romantic struggles.
Yeah. Back in the day, me and my people had this on-going joke about James being in love with an extremely psychotic woman(Suki), who, for no explained reason, was the embodiment of pure anger. Meanwhile, James's assistant(Minoko), who is perfectly sane, was madly in love with him. James never even noticed that, despite the little hints she dropped him(like, for his birthday, giving him a swim-suit calender that only had one model in it; her). He never figured it out(and I haven't decided if he ever will)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #218
I wonder whether Tuoni made a mistake, sending Marras to Sliros. With his attitude being what it is, even Lauraziel might turn out to be a more useful contact than he...

Premonition, I'm impatiently waiting for you.

[ Friday, May 04, 2007 06:08: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #219
On a side note, I considering doing a Yumi arc in addition to what I'm doing with James. What do y'all think?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #220
Nalyd would prefer not. . . The current series of random characters with (So far) little plot value doesn't seem. . . Well, Nalyd doesn't like it. But it's up to you.

Oh, and Nalyd saw your PM, Ephesos.

Oh, and Nalyd will soon send one to Calphrexo.

[ Saturday, May 05, 2007 18:16: Message edited by: Necromancing Wolfowitz ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #221
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

I wonder whether Tuoni made a mistake, sending Marras to Sliros. With his attitude being what it is, even Lauraziel might turn out to be a more useful contact than he...

Premonition, I'm impatiently waiting for you.

If Tuoni could even get Lauraziel to understand what he wants.

Patience, my young padawan. :P

There's so many gods wandering around Kirwood you can't go ten blocks without encountering another one.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #222
I was think of makeing Drigy arch. I'll just see how he does.

[ Saturday, May 05, 2007 19:18: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #223
quote:
Originally written by Necromancing Wolfowitz:

Nalyd would prefer not. . . The current series of random characters with (So far) little plot value doesn't seem. . . Well, Nalyd doesn't like it. But it's up to you.
Well, that's what character development is for. 'Course we should try to keep from spreading ourselves too thin.

So far I've introduced James, his former assistant, the butterfly lady, and a generic psycho chick. The first 2 have legitimate plot purposes. The second 2 are for comedic relief(and filler), much like the King Steve(or even the Dark Warriors) stuff on 8 Bit Theatre. That should be all I'll probly put any real focus on.

Safey, I say go for it. You introduced him, so you might as well make the most of him. Coherent story lines with rich plot(s) and characters. That's the goal of RPing... I think...

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #224
Rakshasi, are you in Mannik still or elsewhere?

Dikiyoba.

Pages