Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #100
Safey, it'd be so much easier if you could just tone it down a bit. This exact same thing happened with the Avernum Reloaded RP, when TM filled the world with unstoppable rakshasi. By the time a few of us were willing to try and concoct some elaborate plan to even dent their numbers, everyone else had quit.

So please, please, please tone it back. Or we will be forced to go the difficult route.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #101
According to you I already made my self to powerful I am asking how to I compensate? I even made a couple proposals which you made no comments on. You did even make counter proposal. I'm trying to work with everyone. Are you?

[ Sunday, April 22, 2007 15:05: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #102
Or, more likely, all of the currently playing gods and their followers could unite against the demons. It's the logical route, and it was even stated in the opening post.

quote:
A God of Completely Unnecessary Chaos and Death can expect every other deity to act against him. Of course, please respect what people tell you in the Out Of Character thread.

And, Ephesos, just to be clear, was Sliros previously awake, and then went to sleep? Nalyd kind of took it for granted that he was, and if he wasn't then that's probably why Nalyd seems to be putting words in your mouth.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #103
That could be intresting

I may be the bad guy the question is am I the only bad guy. Mabey its a bit early but I like to see the sides drawn. I like to see who else is evil.

P.S. The person who is controling the vampires your welcome to do with demon ambassador as you please as long as he gets a chance to offer the allegiance of the demon race.

[ Sunday, April 22, 2007 15:17: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #104
Cassius seems pretty evil, as does Golganoth. Tyran had better come back. We miss our dino! Seoth is also evil at the moment, though it is the result of mind control/vampirism.

Nalyd seems to be doing the most with vampires, though nobody really controls them. They're free game.

[ Sunday, April 22, 2007 15:23: Message edited by: Spokesmage of the Dead ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #105
quote:
Originally written by Spokesmage of the Dead:

And, Ephesos, just to be clear, was Sliros previously awake, and then went to sleep? Nalyd kind of took it for granted that he was, and if he wasn't then that's probably why Nalyd seems to be putting words in your mouth.
Well, I had him as having been awake at a point in the incredibly distant past. I'm not sure how well that relates to the vampires' life-spans, but... eh.

You should have a PM a minute or two after this post.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #106
Originally by Lord Safey:

quote:
According to you I already made my self to powerful I am asking how to I compensate? I even made a couple proposals which you made no comments on.
Go for option number 2. Reduce either the number or the power of your demons (or both), focus only on the mage-nation, and make winning that war costly for you.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #107
I'm against forcing everyone to take a side with or against the demons; as I said, it upsets too many plans and completely overshadows any other things which players may have wanted to do. The demons also don't make sense, and probably shouldn't be as powerful as they are.

Edit: From here down, the long-and-short can be found in the above post.

If everyone wants to make the RP be about fighting demons, I'll go with it. But I'm sure some people will object. So Safey, you'll have to either play around us or find some more conservative route to go.

I think you should fight against an NPC faction like you suggested until your power has been reduced to a level where you're in the league of other players. In the league. Have the NPCs destroy your entire army if you have to, or go the other way and have them kill your main character and then just play with what's left of your forces. But don't keep both; it ruins the experience.

[ Sunday, April 22, 2007 15:46: Message edited by: Calphrexo ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #108
K seems like everyone want me to go with option two. so thats what I'll do. I guess I'll make powerful npc god to oppose me (and support the nation I created) who will be destoyed but at great cost. I don't mind loseing most of my demons. However I wan't to keep some of my minions, about 30 somewhat powerful demons. That means I will need to put Drigy to good use at warning.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #109
Safety: You may not even have to create an opposite NPC to let your forces get beaten. It could be as simple as allowing your character to underestimate his foe, a lesson that he could draw from for the rest of the RP.

ET: I'm confused. If Fallian is Seven, then how could he have assisted Thule in obtaining the throne "all those years ago"?

LF: I would like to meet James's unnamed benefactress sometime soon.

EDIT: Gwammaw

[ Sunday, April 22, 2007 19:17: Message edited by: Lenar ]

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #110
To answer who got James followers:
I had originally intended him to not have any, but a couple of plot holes had to change that. Those characters who know enough about religion(or eventually come across it in a book or something), will note a deity by the name of James the Deity being briefly mentioned as a "cult religion, started by a mysterious woman, known only as Minoko. This James the Deity has never once actually made his presence known. In fact, many have speculated that James the Deity, which is an absurd name for a god, does not actually exist and was merely the figment of a lonely, crazy woman. Despite this, the religion has gained many more followers than the average crazy cult due to the freedoms it bestows on its followers."

quote:
Originally written by Lord Safey:

I may be the bad guy the question is am I the only bad guy.
Depends on what I end up having to do with James. He was content to not be a major player, but a minor plot hole or two had to filled, so thus he has to be one. So I dusted off the old character sheet, ignoring half of his divine powers, and calling him fit for this game.

Able to casually walk 90mph. capable of casting mid-lv magics, wielding the "Iron Death Sword," Crystal Katana that consumes the souls of its victims. Moles... er, benefactor of many(women). The Demonic God of Love himself, James the *******, er, Deity(Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I originally made him).

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #111
quote:
Originally written by Lenar:

ET: I'm confused. If Fallian is Seven, then how could he have assisted Thule in obtaining the throne "all those years ago"?
Maybe it was seven years ago he helped Thule. Sort of like his first time trying out his god powers. Might as well start out your reign as a god with something big like that, helping an emperor come to power and all.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #112
Nalyd, you made me curious; how exactly does Seoth know about my character's existence. Did he speak to Tuoni at some point? I'd like to know, 'cause that might have significance to the storyline of my character. Especially it might affect why Marras was sent to Sliros, and, as your character seems to be his mortal enemy, that might have a drastic effect on my character if he one day learns of Seoth.

As a side note, I'll wait till Eph posts again before writing any more IC.

[ Monday, April 23, 2007 02:15: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #113
On a side note, if anymore plot-holes & inconsistencies appear, I've got plenty of boards now to cover them up with...

Personally, I find the recent RP mishaps to be an opportunity, despite being a slight pain. Some of the best games come from the charred ruins of what could have been, because people came up with ways to turn a disaster into a gold-mine of rich storyline. I think we have that here. After the inevitable character developments and enrichments that will come from the chaos we endure, the possibilities for what can happen afterwards are almost endless. All we have to do is make it work.

[ Monday, April 23, 2007 10:34: Message edited by: LF ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #114
As God of Balance, Seoth can sense when major happenings take place in the pantheon. Nothing specific, just that a god of roughly Tuoni's power was deposed and replaced. Then, as God of Decceit, he can investigate.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #115
LF we might need to work together on dealing with Mervingorix.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #116
Nope, sorry. Nalyd took care of that. Sorry to ruin your plans, if you had any. Now, let's focus on getting Tyran back.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #117
He didn't go in a demon form he went in vampire form with the life force of the vampire to disguise his own. I don't mind him dying so much as you makeing this a direct conferation instead of an assination.

He immieditanly took the guise of the vampire, since he could only take the guise of the last thing he killed, next he reported this information to Geltor useing magic, and then rushed off in the direction of Mervingorix.

The demon entered the barn. It was a large one, all flaming and such, like demons preferred. If Seoth were a real dragon, he might have been worried. As a god, he wasn't.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #118
Oh, damn. Ah well, easily changed. But Seoth has godly sight, remember.

[ Monday, April 23, 2007 13:15: Message edited by: Spokesmage of the Dead ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #119
He was useing tatics, powers, and abilities to hide himself from gods. Seoth could have know he was near hoewever I have not yet seen him display the abilty sense specfics. If he doesn't have speficics why alert his captor?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #120
A god is a god. They have perceptions and senses unknown to mortals, within a certain radius. Mervingorix had the aid of at least two god-powers to help him with his ambush. The demon was a very powerful one, and thus more easily sensed. Seoth was on the lookout for intruders or assassins already, as per Mervingorix's orders.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #121
I leave it at that but I think your underestimate his stealth abilities. He is a demon lord his powers are no match for a god out right but he has limited abilities towards confuseing and harasing a god. The orginal war beteween the demons and the gods depended on the demons guerilla tatics since they couldn't outright challenge them.

[ Monday, April 23, 2007 13:32: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #122
True enough, but the demon had to either walk through a wall in a burst of flame and face Seoth head-on, or he could slowly inch forward, pretending to be harmless. His guise would be no match for godly super-vision up close.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #123
He died. However this doesn't mean his death was invain.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #124
Sorry Safey, while I was busy re-writing the Kama Sutra your post snuck in. I'll try to remember to reply to it in my next IC. But world-destroying demons and business-minded warlords don't mix well. I think the answer will have to be no; at least while Kuberr is in the picture.

Also, ET, sorry for possibly encroaching on your territory there. But I've had this in the works for a while now, and I just couldn't forget about the idea.

Also, for future easy reference, the general idea of the post is that the vampire clans are in an uproar, and Merv's backer Kuberr (god of the deal) has come into the light. Kuberr, Cassius, and Barbados (a scheming old vampire) are going to seize power in a triumvirate.

[ Monday, April 23, 2007 14:44: Message edited by: Calphrexo ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Pages