Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #175
Well, what usually happens when fire gets wet?

Anyway, may I suggest slowing the Geltor/Seoth/etc. plot down a bit? By this, I mean spend some time debating how the fight is going to go in private a bit before posting the next set of ICs. It's getting rather difficult to keep up with the constant posts and edits.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #176
Safey, Yumi has left already. She wondered off to do whatever the hell it is that pure good beings with great power, wisdom, and the mentality of a child do. Thus basically removing her from the game for now. Fortunately, that's not going to be an issue.

Anyway, James basically has this fight won, now. So, Safey, think hard about how you want to develop your character.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #177
James seems to be overpowered here. Horribly overpowered. The God of Love shouldn't be able to disarm/defeat the God of Demons so easily. Let's be realistic now. Geltor has obviously spent millennia honing his godly powers in his exile. James, as far as Nalyd can tell, is a moderately old diety, who has recently been transported to a different dimension. Blessed metal shouldn't be able to shear through shaped elemental fire. Please, LF, tone it down a bit, and drag it out. Also, anyone who kills a god presumably gains that god's power. Having the already overpowered James become the God of Demonic Love seems a bit much.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #178
That's equipment and class/racial/character features. Nothing more. In terms of divine power, James is horribly lacking, but that never was his strength in D&D. He's a weak god. Always has been. However, James is epic and therefor, not a complete pushover, just as everyone should be. And Yumi? She was for entertainment value. That's about it.

This is one of the many reasons why I wanted fights to be co-ordinated between the participants. Ever wonder why I didn't care very much about the 'overpowered' stuff Safey was doing? It's cause, while unreasonable at times, it doesn't matter too much as long as he makes it look good and doesn't piss off too many people doing it. REMEMBER: Fights are not the point of this game. Period.

It's about storyline and character development. Plot, people, plot. Great Power is boring without Great Story. That's why we RP, or at least that's why I do it. The story.

EDIT:

Sidenote: For the record, it's not entirely my fault that not one of us has completely established what our characters' powers and capabilities are before hand.

More Sidenote: Seriously, would it kill us to work together on the fights to make them work better?! Oh well, enough talk about it. I'm taking action...

MORE EDIT:

Holy crap this fight is chaotic and quite annoying. Let's try to avoid doing these too much in future.

[ Friday, April 27, 2007 12:03: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #179
I'm was willing to coperative with you and still am if you be a little coperative yourself. Read the pm I sent you.

edit: As I have it planned right now you have to do 3 things to gain Geltor's power, Get infected with his blood, succomb to curse part of the blood, and lastly kill Geltor.

[ Friday, April 27, 2007 11:58: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #180
All right, Lone Flame, or Gaara, will be the main co-ordinator for this fight. All PM's will be sent to him, and he will reroute them to everyone they involve. Just don't be too revealing.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #181
Why him? because I am not happy with what he did to Geltor and nor do I find his excuse satisfactory.

and no I'm not suggesting I do it my self. I was sort of hopeing for more of a council style of decideing how the fight goes.

[ Friday, April 27, 2007 12:13: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #182
Well, if you hate me, fine. Go for it. If you don't want to try to work things out. Okay. You're entitled to that.

On a note: It wasn't the level of suspense I wanted to stop the fight on, but I made James have to run away. You can at least give me some credit on that. James broke Geltor's cheap sword, he'll get another one.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #183
Because if we do it here, then everyone will know what we're planning to do, and that's no fun. And LF seems the most capable to do that.

Oh, and Nalyd sent a PM to Ephesos.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #184
for the record I don't hate you. I'm just agitated with what you did to Geltor sword. If you want to reconvine and do a rematch I am game. However I want it to be much better disccused and worked out.

who says we have to discuss it on these forums?

Also I find that stone intresting. I'm gonna use it develop Geltor a bit.

[ Friday, April 27, 2007 12:35: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #185
We don't have to discuss it on the forums, but IMing is hard to Co-Ordinate

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #186
I didn't mean not useing forums at all I meant why can't we use a different set of forums who entery we can control.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #187
Okay, so the Mannik vampires are once more an NPC faction. Cassius is on his own and is hostile to most of the vampires. The vampires are working secretly to undo the Harath faction's power in Mannik.

Maybe I could do with a long-term agenda. Anyone have any suggestions?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #188
Well, from your last post, Seoth, Noric, James, and Geltor seem to be against you. You could try running or diplomacy. Maybe even ask one of them for help with the vampires.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #189
A plethora of plot devices are at your disposal. I'd try giving you a crapload of ideas, but I really need to work with Safey... that and I don't have any yet. 'Sidez I'z gotz mez somez characterz developmentz toz doz.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #190
Right, so I'm not sure I'll be able to post for a little while. My computer is freezing up a bit, and as it's getting down to the end of the semester, I'll probably finish all my work in the computer lab and then take my laptop in to get repaired (again).

Basically, it'd probably freeze before I finished an IC. Just letting you all know... sorry.

(I do plan to try and find time to hammer one out this weekend, as long as I can finish papers.)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #191
The Adventures Of Getting A Vista-Compatible Driver For My Video Card has taken up all my weekend, and looks like it'll take up today as well. I'll try get an IC in... sometime soon.

--------------------
Honk if you love incorrect documentation!
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #192
My posts lacks something, but I don't know what. Maybe I should give another try to that poetry thing...

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #193
LF, did it have to be Solaris? Could you pick a town any closer to Sliros? :P

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #194
He could have picked Silros. :P

No IC from Dikiyoba for a few days. Finals, packing, you know the drill.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #195
Well, we seem to have stalled for a while. No pressure, though, and good luck on finals.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #196
I thought I would try to develop my character a bit, going a little more into his origins and such.

EDIT:
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

LF, did it have to be Solaris? Could you pick a town any closer to Sliros? :P
Probly. I suppose I'll have to remedy that eventually. Perhaps in a day or two(in game) I will.

[ Tuesday, May 01, 2007 16:15: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #197
Just to note about my last IC. I did ask Gaara about James orgins so their wouldn't be any confilcts.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #198
Good job, on that btw.

Just to recap, what does Silros do again?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #199
He's the God of the Forsaken.

--------------------

Pages