Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #400
I might have a character concept for this, but I'm almost certain it would be controversial. Who do I go to about that?

--------------------
http://whyte-shadow-neko.deviantart.com - My drawings!
Waka Laka love and fantasy~
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #401
Dikiyoba will take a look at it. Or you could just post your idea in this thread. Whichever seems best to you.

Edit: Typo.

[ Thursday, May 17, 2007 18:01: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #402
Okay, I sent you a PM. Enjoy!

--------------------
http://whyte-shadow-neko.deviantart.com - My drawings!
Waka Laka love and fantasy~
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #403
...oh. Sorry, Nioca. Forgot about that. I might get something done tomorrow, but if I don't, then you'll hear nothing from me until Monday. By then, I fully expect this RP to be a smoldering wreck (not as a result of my absence, mind you... just in general).

So, who's controlling Makroangkeen? FF?

Nalyd, I'll get to it at some point, just like Nioca's. It might be a three-deity meeting.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #404
Aw, crap. I just wrote an IC that sort of negated the meeting. Still, I'm still in Joth, so it should be pretty easy to find me.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #405
Lord Safey and Lone Flame: Have you met Zephyr?

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #406
Lone Flame? Probably yes. Safey? Probably not.

About other things of concern:
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

So, who's controlling Makroangkeen? FF?
Yes... and no. I'm likely to make one or two posts more from his perspective, but I have to discuss with Safey before I do that. After that, well, I haven't got the slightest idea.

As a sidenote...*looks around sadly*... Lenar and premonition still haven't returned. I hope they do so soon.

Currently, I'm working on The Big, meaningless fluff-post, part 2. I'm going to further dig into the nature of afterlife and the gods of death, as well as few other things. I will also post a big OoC explanation of said post, to further mess things up.

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 04:30: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #407
I will assure you any invoment Makroangkeen/geltor have with another person characters will be discusse with said person.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #408
quote:
Originally written by The_Nazgul:

Have you met Zephyr?
Yeah, why?

EDIT: My god that's a long 7 posts...

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 07:32: Message edited by: Bandit Keith ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #409
Originally by Frozen Feet:

quote:
Currently, I'm working on The Big, meaningless fluff-post, part 2. I'm going to further dig into the nature of afterlife and the gods of death, as well as few other things. I will also post a big OoC explanation of said post, to further mess things up.
It's not meaningless. It's given Dikiyoba quite a few ideas, should Dikiyoba ever have an opportunity to use them.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #410
Hello! Real world calls RP people! I'm being sarcastic about myself! Youre taking me too seriously!

End of transmission.

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 07:58: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #411
Yes, but people don't get jokes about "fluff" and "filler" posts. Weren't you paying attention when I got yelled at over that?!

EDIT: **Link Removed**

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 10:26: Message edited by: Bandit Keith ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #412
God, I hate this RP.

...erm, I hate this God RP.

--------------------

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #413
I hate this RP, and I'm not even in it. :P

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #414
Why? Except for a few specific problems, we seem to be doing fine.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #415
You know, this started out as a neat RP. But, even though I hate to say it, I think it's beyond repair at this point. If it continues it it's current direction, expect to see a departure IC post from me in the near future.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #416
quote:

God, I hate this RP.

...erm, I hate this God RP.

Could you tell me any specific reasons? I probably know them all anyway , but talking about the problem usually helps. Usually.

BTW, when you said that my last post wasn't big and ugly... what did you mean? Just asking out of mild curiosity, as I didn't quite get it.

Whether you use PM or this thread to convey your feelings, doesn't matter. But I sincerely want to know, so please, tell me.

As a sidenote, my "Big meaningless fluff-post, part 2" is nearing completion. Be vigi... patient.

EDIT: And LF, no, your link didn't work for me. And yes, I *do* remember how you were yelled about your fluff-posts. That's why I thought mine were probably a bad ideas in the first place, and that's why I'm glad someone got ideas from them.

EDIT: Okay, so here comes the explanation:

If it isn't crystal clear already, Marras's body is the new gate to afterlife. Specifically, his body is incarnation of the room of waiting; souls who still want to return to the mortal realm inhabit it and give him all his powers. If a souls "dies" in his body, it has finally completed it's task and will leave for the room of departure... unless, of course, it's still isn't satisfied with it's life, in which case it will be reintegrated in Marras's body and wait for another chance to dominate it.

In practice, this means:

If, in some way, my character is damaged beyond the point of regeneration, his soul will depart the world of Kalandha and go to a higher plane. Another soul, or another string, whichever term you prefer, will take over the control of his body, thus becoming the new god of death.

This cycle will go on untill all souls in Kalandha have left, or Marras's body is completely incinerated, by, say, being hit by a chunk of antimatter or being thrown into an active volcano.

I don't know if there's any single word to describe him; he isn't immortal, as his soul can be banished from his body, nor is he indestructible, although he is much sturdier being than most Kalandhian gods. This does not make him in anyway unbeatable; Marras himself was a fisherman, not a warrior, and there's no saying who his successor will be. It might be a mad serial killer, a greedy merchant, a housewife addicted to opium or even, God forbid, one of the fish he ate.

The destruction of Tuoni officially marked Marras as his successor. His echo Sliros keeps referring to is most likely essence of the gate itself.

And as what comes to the warrior gods...

Supposedly, there are few dozen gods of battle upon Kalandha. Most of these are supposed to be lesser deities, only sligthly more powerfull than angels or demons, with only Esekijah and few others being on par with our characters. Nalyd and James can control them until they have forged somekind of an alliance with them, but after that I'd like to see control of them being handed to Ephesos.

Why Ephesos? Well, his character is possibly the greatest warrior deity currently existing in Kalandha, plus he deserves a consolation for all our powergaming. Yes, I am well aware this is possibly the worst way of consoling him, but I currently can't think of a better way.

I also would like Tully, premonition, Lenar, Diki, Dintidran and Nioca to advance the more peaceful storylines of this RP. We still have a chance for it, don't let it slip past your fingers!

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 11:00: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #417
I will admit things are a helluva lot more chaotic than I expected, what with the 50,000 powerful factions running around in different directions and all. Not quite what I had in mind.

Now, I say that those of us involved with the whole demons thing should get together and do the whole wrapping up that story arc thing soon. I think that realistically, people would be doing something major about the demons by now. I'm seriously considering pulling out the stops and going all out with 100% of what my write-outs say my characters can do, the 'overpoweredness' label and complaints be damn. 'Cause I'm sure like half of you are tired of that story arc by now.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #418
50 000 factions? More like fifteen, with roughly five of them currently dashing towards Seoth's palace. Of the ten left, two have their own storylines and we should let them solve them, three or so are working to benefit the plot on other levels, and the rest will probably have no impact whatsoever upon the demon war.

To me, this RP seems still to be relatively under control. One thing is for sure, though: MORE POWERGAMING DOES NOT HELP THIS RP! It might even be better if both sides were powered down and the fight in Seoth's fortress turned to slow-advancing siege. This should give less active players the time to catch up with the rest of us, and generally give us more room to advance other portions of our story.

I hope I made my point clear.

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 11:08: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #419
Okay... seems I missed something here. What demon candle? Maybe I forgot to read one of Safey's posts.

FF, you should have a PM in a few minutes.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #420
It's a gate to a dimension that Geltor made.

And, since everyone else is doing it. . .

A Description of Seoth
A mortal that ascended by killing several gods, Seoth is a strategical mastermind. While he prefers to work alone and is relatively inexperienced with handling large armies, his singular offensive power is tremendous, due to his control of weather and deceit. He is untrustworthy, as he can deceive almost anything quite easily. As such, he has made few true allies. As God of Undeath, most of the prejudiced gods of "light" consider him naturally evil. As God of Balance, he has few allies on the side of "darkness", as they consider him too weak to fight. Utterly committed to his namesake, Seoth never takes a side unless the opposition is winning by an overwhelming majority.

Description of Callia(Krasonva)

Kind and loving as a mortal, she was known as "Callia of the Gold" by all who knew her. However, she found Seoth's ideal of "Balance at all costs" immoral, and sided against him. He imprisoned her for uncounted centuries, and she was driven insane by the solitude. However, Seoth's memories of her stop him from destroying her. After her ascension, she was crowned the goddess of Belief, Holiness, and Soul. She has had thousands of years to gather her strength.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #421
quote:

Okay... seems I missed something here. What demon candle? Maybe I forgot to read one of Safey's posts.
Geltor had one portal left after you went on the rampage destroying all things Geltor-related throughout Kirwood. It was entrusted to the Assassins guild, but FF essentially destroyed.

That said...

AVIN - God of Languages and Patron Deity of the Ishnu Tribe
Avin is generally a neutral god. However, he tends not to think of long-term consequences and, as a result, ends up getting himself embroiled in some sort of complex scheme or inter-deity fight. He desires extra power since, compared to almost any other god on the playing field, he lacks a great deal of it. Being a God of languages doesn't bring much power, and as such, he also branched out to being the patron deity of the Ishnu tribe 526 years ago. He became a nomad traveling with the Ishnu 512 years ago, hoping to achieve the subtlety and grace of the last god of languages, and to also perform some research on some sort of object in private. However, as shown by his occasionally rash actions, he has yet to achieve subtlety of any kind.

Avin's offensive prowess his comparably weak, and he relies on his defensive abilities and wit to fight a foe of equal or greater status. He's also learned how to draw power directly from his followers, but, as recently shown, he usually refuses to do it for the sake of the tribe.

Avin has a connection with James, which has yet to be revealed fully. However, they obviously knew each other from long ago. Aside from him, however, Avin has had little to no contact with any other god for centuries. He recently has been researching higher gods; deities on a higher hierarchy than any other present day god. He hasn't had much success with the project.

WHITE-HAIRED WOMAN - ???
Not much is known about her. She was present at the explosion of an alchemy shop centuries ago, which claimed nine lives. She also has recently been hunting Avin, and has displayed power well past his. She appears to be drawn to a magical device, which was present at the alchemy shop when it exploded and is also currently being built by Avin. She obviously doesn't want one of these devices to exist, but her motivations for hunting them down are yet unknown.

Her incredible power and longevity would suggest she was a deity, but as Sliros could not sense her, it is possible that she is, in fact, a mortal.

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 12:37: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #422
There has to be something special about an RP whose OOC topic is far, far longer than its IC topic.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #423
And, while Nalyd's at it,

Description of the Bone Dome

Formally called the Circle of Necromancy, almost every necromancer in the world is focused in this building, heeding their gods' commands. It's defenses, both physical and magical, are unmatched, and it would take several gods to damage it. Most of the Necromancers there are working on pooling their knowledge, and creating the materials needed to make the still-human necromancers into liches. The gift of lichdom is given to those most likely to die first. Several are engaging in research and experimentation, and a select few are raising mindless undead servants.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #424
actually their are about 30 or so such candles around the world all the ones in kirwood are destroyed.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not

Pages