Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #225
Just to throw more wood to the fire, I just introduced a side character of my own. Hail to Augustus's murderer!

Also, premonition, there's no denying that your character desperately needs that bath. So don't make her go all hydrophobic, it'll just make things even harder!

... I feel dizzy after writing and checking all that.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #226
Um, Lone Flame? A TV and computers? Kalandha is a mostly-realistic fantasy world. Computers and televisions don't exist.

Unless this is some alternate universe, in which case Dikiyoba is confused and needs explanation.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #227
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Rakshasi, are you in Mannik still or elsewhere?

Dikiyoba.

Whichever can be said to be more convenient? Probably Mannik, though, because Cassius still sees vampires.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #228
quote:

Um, Lone Flame? A TV and computers? Kalandha is a mostly-realistic fantasy world. Computers and televisions don't exist.

Unless this is some alternate universe, in which case Dikiyoba is confused and needs explanation.

You apparently missed the various references I made to James not being from that plane of existence. Even in medieval-style D&D he had access to that sort of technology(why the guy running the game let me do that is beyond me).

On a plus note, it won't actually have much of an impact on anyone else's characters.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #229
I fine with as long as James doesn't start fireing thermal nuclear missles and his soliders carrying assult rifles our weapon batteries for seige weapons. James is the god of love not technolgy.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #230
Nukes, no. Assault Rifles(if you count moded BARs), maybe, but magic is a lot cooler than guns anyway.

Summery:
Major Weapons Technologies, no.
Entertainment and utilitarian technologies, yes.

EDIT: None of which should leave that underground lair.

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:16: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #231
It seems lairs are getting popular Geltor is going to have to make one now.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #232
What's with this tendency towards huge lairs, improbable technologies (LF, that all is horrible form), and exact counts of minions? Please stop it.

Oh, and LF? James is a god. He shouldn't need all those technological gimmicks, traps and wards.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #233
Yes, please. In Geltor's case it's understandable, as he has few minions left. But for James, "Oh, we can have 25,000 people here, but we only ever have 5,000" is just stupid. For some reason or another, having huge, round, seemingly random numbers utterly detracts from readability. Huge lairs are. . . fine, as long as they aren't hellishly large. A Dome O' Death with moderate facilities and a spacy courtyard is alright, which is how Nalyd visualizes his fort. Not big, just nice enough.

But enough ranting. Calphrexo, Nalyd would like to leave the vampires to you. He can't do them justice as characters. You can always refuse, though.

Edit- Typo.

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 15:56: Message edited by: Necromancing Wolfowitz ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #234
That's flattering. Since I effectively forced my own character into isolation, and because I've already shaped the vampires into my own personal idea of what they are, I think I'll officially take full control over the Mannik vampires. I'll assume there are no objections, but if there are speak up.

--------------------
quote:

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #235
My one concern is that we're both in Mannik, but our stories seem to be moving at a different pace. I'll see what I can do to catch my story up to yours over the next few days.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #236
quote:
Yes, please. In Geltor's case it's understandable, as he has few minions left. But for James, "Oh, we can have 25,000 people here, but we only ever have 5,000" is just stupid. For some reason or another, having huge, round, seemingly random numbers utterly detracts from readability. Huge lairs are. . . fine, as long as they aren't hellishly large. A Dome O' Death with moderate facilities and a spacy courtyard is alright, which is how Nalyd visualizes his fort. Not big, just nice enough.
Meh... You're just jealous cause my character has a big elaborate lair that he doesn't need and yours doesn't. I'm just messin with ya. In reality there are maybe 5 people in total who ever go to that place, so that 5000 bit's an exaggeration. It's more like wishful thinking on Minoko's part, but James doesn't know that now does he.

quote:
What's with this tendency towards huge lairs, improbable technologies (LF, that all is horrible form), and exact counts of minions? Please stop it.

Oh, and LF? James is a god. He shouldn't need all those technological gimmicks, traps and wards.
Actually, I think I already justified the technology. Again, it won't really matter too much as far as dealing with the main part of the story is concerned. The absurdity of some of that stuff is not lost on me and was intended(700 inch tv... Seriously, divide that by 12 to get how many feet it is, then picture that in you mind)

I would also like to point out that, for those keeping score, this place(while a figment of my imagination) was built well before James was ever on the scene. It didn't just spring up out of nowhere when James arrived. I won't elaborated on that any further just yet. It's a rarity, but I really do know what I'm doing here, so don't worry.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #237
quote:

My one concern is that we're both in Mannik, but our stories seem to be moving at a different pace. I'll see what I can do to catch my story up to yours over the next few days.

Dikiyoba.

Sorry, I'll slow down. But I thought you were in a small town near Mannik, not in Mannik itself.

I don't understand what "whatever happened earlier" is though.

--------------------
quote:

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #238
Warning: Fillers on the way...

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #239
Originally by Rakshasi:

quote:
Sorry, I'll slow down. But I thought you were in a small town near Mannik, not in Mannik itself.

I don't understand what "whatever happened earlier" is though.
No, I'm in Mannik as well as around it.

Time in RPs is always a bit screwy, but I'm trying my best (and perhaps, therefore, making it worse) to make some sense out of it. Only about two or three days have passed for my character. I'm assuming that much more time (like a few months) have passed for your character, in order for Cassius to begin building a business empire with Barbados and Kuberr, have a falling out, and then revert back to his old ways.

(I also see the vampires as having only recently moved into Mannik when Harath disappeared, and Harath's priests and army as still having fairly tight control over the city, which is another reason there feels like a time discrepancy in our plotlines.)

My latest post was the beginning of a plot arc to explain why Cassius and the vampires became the dominant force in Mannik instead of Fourty.

Dikiyoba apologizes for the confusion. If further explanation or IC-editing needs to be done, then Dikiyoba is willing to do it.

Edit: Typo.

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 19:03: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #240
quote:
Originally written by Gaara of the Funk:

Warning: Fillers on the way...
Why? Why even post? I really don't get it...

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #241
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

Also, premonition, there's no denying that your character desperately needs that bath. So don't make her go all hydrophobic, it'll just make things even harder!

... I feel dizzy after writing and checking all that.

Fine, I won't deny it. But it could have been so much fun! :P Although, technically, she *is* a god and can probably smell as pretty as she likes, if she has the presence of mind to concentrate on it. One hydrophobia-immune god coming up.

Obviously I should have checked mine as closely. One little typo ... though I *like* Smiling Lighting.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #242
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Why? Why even post? I really don't get it...
That filler statement was a bit of an exaggeration. It's more like fluff really. I'm actually going somewhere with the Yumi storyline(though not quite as somewhere as the James storyline).

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #243
For Yumi's sake, I hope she never runs into Marras. He has enough troubles with one insane female, another will surely drive him crazy. Well, crazier. Or perhaps bloodlusting.

Also, he really should visit Trantite at some point. With all that dead material running around the place, he could sustain himself for years! Well, more like months. Or days. But the place would still get much cleaner, wouldn't it?

I seriously wonder what will happen when Seoth and Marras finally run into each other. It seems it's not going to happen anytime soon, but it'll be an interesting encounter nonetheless.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #244
Seoth & Marras... Yeah that should be an interesting meeting.

Yumi & Marras... In order for it to work fully, we'd need another 3 to 6 equally crazy women to properly drive Marras insane.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #245
LF, I apologize in advance, but any of those secondary/unimportant/"fluff" characters that wander too close to Kirwood will be immediately smote out of existence by Sliros. He values simplicity when it comes to plotlines. :P

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #246
well he could clean up trantite. Two problem first Seoth is relying on filtered blood from the blighted area around Trantite. Second I'm useing the infected areas to get Geltor another army (significantly smaller and the indivuals significantly weaker). However I alread sent two demons to gather those who are make the transformation into demons. I sent the other 3 to start corrupting the surronding lands.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #247
Not to mention that Soeth has his Bone Dome in Trantite. Marras can't rely on the undead army for soul food because undead don't have souls. There's no reason for him to encroach into Seoth's territory.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #248
also remeber my demons won't be going near the captial of trantite they are looking for people who survived the devestation but are corrupted by demon blood.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #249
Meh... Just cause they're fluffy doesn't mean they won't ever be main characters. I blame myself really since I've been playing around too much with my OOCs. My apologies.

Btw. For the record, Liches have souls. You just have to find them first.

EDIT: Comedic relief & filler in stories(that aren't TV shows) are so that people don't start to take everything too seriously.

[ Monday, May 07, 2007 11:48: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------

Pages