Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #425
On a sidenote, I'm at a loss. How should I have James handle the whole demon situation if I don't have him & whoever he talks into helping him into going and blowing the hell out of... well, hell, basically?

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #426
I think the demons are our main story arc now. One of them, anyway. We won't solve the demons until much later (if this RP survives, but I think it still can). Help Seoth with K. and the demon siege, or escape back to Kirwood to raise help or something else that helps your cause without delivering a direct blow against the demons. There are too many of them for you and your friends to handle at the moment, after all. Fight the demons one small step at a time, not by blasting them back to hell where they came from.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #427
Me and Nalyd have already have had some discussion on the upcomeing battle if someone elses wants to get involved, I ask that you dicuss the matter with me and nayld.
Also just as a question what would you consider an acceptable army for Geltor to have right now it consists of 1200 partial demons (have been fully transformed the full process takes years). I'm asking this so his army is comprable to what ever forces he may be fighting and Geltor is a even match to what ever oppent you may want to set up against him.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #428
Well, James & pals are obviously going to be involved in this major battle. I'm also thinking about playing a wild card or two while I'm at it, since James lacks the whole army thing.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #429
Ephesos, I'm ready for the meeting again.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #430
quote:
Originally written by saunders:

There has to be something special about an RP whose OOC topic is far, far longer than its IC topic.
No, that's actually very common. In fact, RP's with IC threads longer than their OOC threads are the rarer bunch. Really. I've taken a look at few forums that focus on roleplaying, so my observation should be reliable.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #431
Truthfully, it wouldn't make much sense for the IC to longer unless none of said much in the OOC and got together outside of OOC more to do whatever it is we do in OOC.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #432
Safey, PM! Urgent!

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #433
N & S... Myuh! Er, mail, yo.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #434
LF, Nalyd has responded.

EDIT- He responded, again.

[ Sunday, May 20, 2007 17:10: Message edited by: Necrotic Necromancer ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #435
I have responded to both.

Frozen feet you have a pm

[ Sunday, May 20, 2007 19:41: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #436
Just a heads-up: Safey has Nalyd's full permission to post his next IC. Just because you'd all complain otherwise.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #437
FYI: I'm back, with daily Internet access.
I'm going to try and catch up, probably post an IC tomorrow, and then create a summary webpage a day or two (or four or w/e) after that.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #438
Hmm. A stereotypical lesbian. Okay, LF, but you're walking on shaky ground there.

Out of curiosity, who's going first in the climactic battle of ours? Nalyd thought that Safey's post would fit best.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #439
I guess I will but then you gonna have to wait till I get off at work in about 6 hours. Just note most everything in my next IC will be nayld's idea so you know who to whine at.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #440
EDIT: Whoops. Forgot to read this page.

Okay. Good to see that this hasn't quite imploded in my absence. I'll try and have an IC written soon-ish... after all, I owe Nioca an actual conversation.

With regards to the battle, I understand what you mean, Dikiyoba. But I'm relatively certain that we're all going to be overwhelmed in the space of about two posts... and while we all do little gradual things that build on the story, those shades will be raising another huge even number of demon troops. In any case... until the battle gets near Kirwood, Sliros will probably not be doing anything.

I keep getting the urge to try and set my next scenario in Joth. When my laptop is finished being repaired, I think I'll be experimenting with ruined walls...

quote:
Originally written by LF:

Joshua... Crissy... Murphy... Kesh... Ryan... Lotus...
Just for the record, I'm not following any of this. At all. And I'm barely paying any attention to the continuing adventures of Yumi and Serena, aka two-thirds of James' love triangle.

quote:

There has to be something special about an RP whose OOC topic is far, far longer than its IC topic.
If MoS had had one, it would've been the same. And it was definitely the same for Avernum Reloaded. That said, I expect this one will die a UBB death somewhere around page 24.

[ Monday, May 21, 2007 13:23: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #441
So, the way this is seems very confusing.
Can someone clean the windsheald?
By the way, that was a dumb expression (I really meant make it clearer). I really did leave my sanity.

But seriously, how exactly dies== it work?

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #442
Well, you're making no sense. What's your question? Be more specific.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #443
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:
Originally written by LF:

Joshua... Crissy... Murphy... Kesh... Ryan... Lotus...
Just for the record, I'm not following any of this. At all. And I'm barely paying any attention to the continuing adventures of Yumi and Serena, aka two-thirds of James' love triangle.

Um, yeah. It's fairly straight forward if you actually read stuff. Not my fault you don't want to read my stuff. It's not a Love Triangle, so much as a Love Unsolvable Geometric Shape(to be expected from the God of Love). I'll break it down for you anyway.

James, Minoko - 2 powerful deities. Once they got along well, but eventually some had personal problems. James never figured out why, because, well, he's a moron.

Joshua, Kesh, Ryan - 3 powerful guys who do, uh stuff. They hate James, but have more important things to do than fight him.

Serena, Yumi, Lotus - 3 hot chicks with serious mental problems who work for James. Good help is really hard to find these days.

Murphy, Crissy - professional lawyers/mages who work at Joshua's law firm. They probly won't make any major on screen appearances, since all they do is legal stuff.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #444
quote:
Originally written by Bandit Keith:

Joshua, Kesh, Ryan - 3 powerful guys who do, uh stuff. They hate James, but have more important things to do than fight him.

Serena, Yumi, Lotus - 3 hot chicks with serious mental problems who work for James. Good help is really hard to find these days.

Murphy, Crissy - professional lawyers/mages who work at Joshua's law firm. They probly won't make any major on screen appearances, since all they do is legal stuff.

Thank you. Really. No sarcastic voice meant. That really helps.
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:

If MoS had had one, it would've been the same. And it was definitely the same for Avernum Reloaded. That said, I expect this one will die a UBB death somewhere around page 24.

And is that before or after the IC dies from over-long posts?

Anyway, I'll probably be posting a theory-heavy discussion IC which you may (or may not read) at your leisure. But it will solidify a few things, I hope.

[ Monday, May 21, 2007 17:28: Message edited by: Calphrexo ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #445
I posted an IC. I suggest all rants wait till nayld makes an IC

[ Monday, May 21, 2007 20:02: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #446
...well, with any luck, Aran's archiving will keep the IC from being lost, as it almost was with MoS (again, many thanks to Aran). But as it stands, the IC is nowhere near long enough to crash yet. MoS got to... 450 posts? Anyway, something like that, before it crashed... though that had OoC mixed in.

Oh, and what do you guys think of my next IC?

quote:
Sliros teleported to where Geltor was standing. Sliros broke his neck. Many times.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #447
I am all for it, Ephesos. How many votes do I get?

---

Even though the OOC thread is longer than the IC thread, it is in no danger. The crash is triggered by too much text, and OOC posts are far shorter. (Well, the non-random crash; the random one can happen to any thread at any time).

That said, I suggest we implement a 500-post-rule for ICs. The 501st reply (502nd post) is a closing notice; the moderator who closed the topic starts a new one.

An interesting phenomenon is that we never used to have this problem even in IC threads. The record was 671 posts. It only started to become a problem once our average post began to increase in length so much. A disease of civilization, so to speak.

[ Monday, May 21, 2007 22:29: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #448
wait till nayld post to start complaining or if you do complain to nayld because I'm only doing what he told me too. Nayld specifically told me to destroy everything includeing Seoth the sole execption would be the purgeing godess. Which she remains unharmed.

[ Tuesday, May 22, 2007 04:54: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #449
Steven Seagal would be proud of that neck-snapping. Now you'll have to start breaking people's arms in awkward ways and you shall be a master of Seagal Fu.

Then when that day comes, young grasshopper, we shall pit Seagal Fu against Wu Pass. It shall be epic.

Okay, I don't know what the hell that crap's supposed to mean. I'll make the serious comments & an IC when N has posted.

--------------------

Pages