Legends of Divinity OOC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity OOC
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #300
Erm... Ephesos? My last IC was based on one of those shades.

EDIT: In fact, most of those shades went to Kirwood.

EDIT 2: Thanks, Ephesos.

[ Thursday, May 10, 2007 20:53: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #301
Tullegolar: Make it another country, but make it close enough that Fourty can reasonably get to Kirwood if he wants or needs to.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #302
Nioca, sorry about that. I know that the fourty shades went to Kirwood, and I wanted them to leave quickly. You can have that last shade, just deal with it. :P

EDIT: I mean, this is all honestly just me saying "no" to Safey. What he did wasn't so much a gift as a ticking time-bomb. So I defused it. :P

I'll try and write a proper IC (read: not dealing with any more demons) later this weekend.

[ Thursday, May 10, 2007 20:53: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #303
If you reread it you might see I only gave ten the poisons and ten amulets and only sent ten into kirwood. The rest are on other missions through out the rest of the land. Destroy my shades if you want I admit I took it a bit fast but I only sent you ten to destroy.

[ Thursday, May 10, 2007 21:40: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #304
Here's a map. If there is a problem, it's actually easier for me to edit than it looks.

The land in the middle with the mountains is a sort of unclaimed neutral buffer zone. It is too difficult to live in for any government to form there. I figured Ephesos would appreciate Joth's ruins being located there.

Mannik is in Keldagrim, hope no one minds. Keldagrim's government must be pretty ineffective for one of their cities to be conquored like that.

The Western States and those islands are all up for grabs, though I figure they are too far away for anyone to visit at this point. Oh, well, they're still there for flavor.

But Tullegolar, what's with the massive Golden Republic thing? Well, I did say in one of my first posts that the Kalazar Empire was not the strongest nation there was. So, I made sure to include at least one stronger one.

The only place I didn't put anywhere yet was Nioca's tribe. Where do they live?

IMAGE(http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2630/kalandhaqz0.png)

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #305
quote:
Originally written by premonition:

Speaking of gifts... FF, do you have any plans for the traumatized girl?
Nope. Feel free to do whatever you like with her. Reverend Matthew and Mrs. Avril (as well as the rest of the children) are at your disposal too, in case you want to use them.

EDIT: I noticed something had been lost from the beginning of my post... luckily, I found an intact savefile and managed to fix that error.

I'll be posting more IC today, likely only in a few hours. Now, however, I have to go. I have a house to clean.

[ Friday, May 11, 2007 09:20: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #306
The tribe was located near the mountains. I'd say they were near the south side, near that small patch of desert between the two rivers. However, since the whole tribe is traveling with Avin, it's probably a bit of a moot point at this juncture.

Also, LF? PM.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #307
Seoth's Bone Dome is located almost exactly in the empty circle in the "e" of "Trantite".

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #308
Nalyd, check your PM!

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #309
*sigh*... Safey, my point was that they're too much. But fine, since you only sent ten my way, I'll only smite nine. And you can't bend the entire Assassin's Guild to your will with half a post, okay?

ET, Joth is in Kirwood. It's just basically an abandoned district.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #310
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

[QB]-LF, please don't create a rising menace. Whatever it is you're planning, don't do it. Also, you're creating people. Are these simulacrums, golems, what? Because I think it's a bit too much to allow a god to create people, if only because
Yes, summoning demon hoards and creating armies of undead is perfectly acceptable, but god forbid someone conjure up some people...

They're real people, though not actually human. They're like creations in Geneforge, but actually look human and being made using spells.

Don't even know what my master plan is but trying to shoot it down... I'm willing to make compromises and what not for the sake of making the RP work, but eventually a line should be drawn somewhere.

I'll post some more OOC when I've caught up...

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #311
LF, PM. Though to sum it up: right now.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #312
The map helps a lot. Thanks, ET! IMAGE(http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/icons/icon14.gif)

Any complains if the small mountains north of Kirwood are the Zsarim foothills? I don't plan on using them again as far as I can tell, but they factor into Ashy's background.

--------------------
I just lost a buttonhole.
- Steven Wright
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #313
The new flaming woman is a goddess. The necromancer will also play a part.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #314
I do find the lack of concern among the various deities for the world's potential demise somewhat sad... Oh well. The world will live. It has the great and powerful James trying to save it.(insert laughter here)

But seriously, though, can my character be allowed to have some kind of power-base so he can start fighting some of these guys?

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #315
Originally by Lone Flame:

quote:
Don't even know what my master plan is but trying to shoot it down... I'm willing to make compromises and what not for the sake of making the RP work, but eventually a line should be drawn somewhere.
Your "master plan" sounds a bit too much like the rakshasi that TM let loose in the last RP that tore it apart. I think we're doing better here, but look how long our OOC thread is compared to our IC. We're not ready for an uber-menace yet. I know you've been building up to it, but your god is so crazy, it's not unreasonable for him to be mistaken. We said no, so deal with it. A bad gift is worse than no gift at all.

And your concessions (and you too Lord Safey) don't count if you do almost exactly the same thing you were complaining about in just a slightly different way. When we were objecting to Yumi being too powerful, we meant to leave her out entirely, not make her just-slightly-less-powerful. Ten shades able to pollute every well in the area in a short amount of time is almost as bad as forty shades able to pollute every well in the area in a short amount of time.

Do you understand what Dikiyoba is trying to say here?
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #316
First off, that big major threat thing James has mentioned before... He's said on more than one occasion when referring to it that it's way off. 'Specially since it's got to be fine tuned and numerous details have to be worked out, which in this case takes a long time. I really don't want to mention too much about it. 'Sides we're playing gods. When the time comes(if it ever actually does), we all should be ready for it.

Second, Yumi's really not that powerful... Okay, so maybe she is... against certain things. In D&D terms she's not even epic. She took out a demon. Big freakin' deal. Yumi's a character who is designed specifically to fight evil creatures, so she'd better be able to destroy a demon or two. However, she can't kill a god or anything cool like that. And her ditsy personality makes her unreliable at best. I mean, I really don't get what it is some of you have against Yumi. She's really not that bad of a character.

D, to an extent, I get what you're saying, but you've gotta understand where I'm coming from on this. My character works on an established set of mechanics. I've already watered him down considerably already. I made him a love god instead of something powerful like a fire god or something. I also cut out some of his character abilities. I removed most of his divine abilities, leaving him with very little of what my write out originally said he should have. He was a weak D&D deity who I made even weaker for this RP, since I had no idea what the power cap would be. After all, it's a whole lot easier to build up a weak god than to tear down a strong one. But D, what you're forgetting is that our character are Gods, not regular people. Gods should be powerful. They should also be able to find and employ better than average people. Hell, my character's trying to take on a freaking Demon God and an irate Storm God, both of which have numerous minions and James is supposed to take them out with a bunch of telepathic commoners, who are meant to remain in 1 town and can't fight worth anything even if they did leave town, and 2 extremely mentally unstable women, who while a lot more powerful than a normal person really aren't that great.

Additionally, instead of just complaining about this "power playing" Safey and the others are doing, why don't some of the people who complaining have their characters do something in game about some of it. For example, a lot of the actions of Safey's character surely should catch the attention of some of the more observant gods. And I've got a pretty good feeling that a giant citadel filled with an army of undead is just a bit difficult to miss. Plus an entire clan of vampires doing a lot of mafia stuff with the stealth of a Columbian Drug Lord is also a bit noticeable.

[ Friday, May 11, 2007 16:19: Message edited by: Bandit Keith ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #317
quote:
Originally written by myself in the [url=http:
//www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004166;p=6#000131]IC thread[/url]:
It is rumored that there are deities even amongst the gods, and amongst them, even higher beings of existence. And this ladder of deities is infinite, with there always being something more powerful, and someone always ruling over someone else... And each of these ruling hierarchies watches over the last.
- Alcazar, High Priest of Relipa, God of the Heavens. (Executed for blasphemy.)

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to play this out over the course of the RP. This would fit in nicely with the question of where the gods originally came from, and I'd like to have part of what Avin is doing motivated by finding proof for this. It wouldn't be a major threat, just another aspect of Kalandha deity system.

And, if worse comes to worse, they can be used as a way of stopping out-of-control RP elements, like a Rakshasi-type threat.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #318
Nioca, that sounds good.

LF. Okay. So, it seems we need to talk about this. Yumi is a bad character because she has next to no plot relevance, no discernible motivations (ADD is not a motivation), and has a really annoying personality.

To be honest, I've stopped reading any of your posts that don't have James in them. Because what you've done here is taken a pre-existing set of characters with pre-existing relationships, tweaked them a little bit, and then expected this generic fantasy world to conform to them. You see, we see your stuff as unacceptable at least in part because we don't know everything that James and company did in their D&D campaigns (and honestly, I don't care). Of course, there's also the fact that they keep doing very outlandish things (the tech-ed up lair is still just wrong).

And don't complain about the setup you have, because you dug your own grave there. You could've given yourself something reasonable.

This is a lesson in pre-planning. Simply put: Don't.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #319
What's the nicest way to put this... Nevermind. I'll just go with something in the middle. It's a lot easier.

Here's a summery of what I've gathered so far. Let me know if any of this is inaccurate...

I've got a character with a background and that's a problem.
My character has a written up set of abilities and powers and that's a problem.
I have side-kick characters for my main character and that's a problem.
I gave my character some future enemies and that's a problem.
My character threw away his own goals to try to do what half the other characters don't care about doing, fighting the villains of the story and that's a problem.
I've got a planned, but flex-able plot concept for much later in the story and that's a problem.
I'm trying not to take this RP too seriously and that's a problem.
I've tried to do some character development and that's a problem.
I try to have fun with the RP and that's a problem.
I don't tell everyone every detail of why I'm doing every little thing I'm doing with my character and that's a problem.
I try to do some form of compromise without completely abandoning everything I'm doing and trying to do and that's a problem.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #320
Telegraph for Lone Flame.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #321
Originally by Lone Flame:

quote:
First off, that big major threat thing James has mentioned before... He's said on more than one occasion when referring to it that it's way off.
Okay, fine. I'll worry about it later. But that's not what is sounded like, given how much that you've played it up both in IC and OOC.

quote:
D, to an extent, I get what you're saying, but you've gotta understand where I'm coming from on this. My character works on an established set of mechanics. I've already watered him down considerably already. I made him a love god instead of something powerful like a fire god or something. I also cut out some of his character abilities. I removed most of his divine abilities, leaving him with very little of what my write out originally said he should have. He was a weak D&D deity who I made even weaker for this RP, since I had no idea what the power cap would be. After all, it's a whole lot easier to build up a weak god than to tear down a strong one.
I'm with Ephesos on this one; you dug your own grave. This is not D&D. I don't even know why you brought D&D characters in. After all, it's a whole lot easier to create a new character tailored to the setting than to try and drastically modify an existing one that doesn't belong.

quote:
Additionally, instead of just complaining about this "power playing" Safey and the others are doing, why don't some of the people who complaining have their characters do something in game about some of it.
Because that's no fun to write, no fun to read, and makes no sense storywise.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #322
Ya'll are maeking the shades out to be a whole lot stronger then I wanted them too. They are extremly fragile I did mention that in once of my IC's and just because they had orders to try to pollute the wells doesn't meant they will succed. They are very weak and make good fodder Geltor was useing them as a fodder. I never wanted the shades to have any combat ability what so ever. I didn't make my shades too powerful you did.

[ Friday, May 11, 2007 20:04: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #323
quote:
I'm with Ephesos on this one; you dug your own grave. This is not D&D. I don't even know why you brought D&D characters in. After all, it's a whole lot easier to create a new character tailored to the setting than to try and drastically modify an existing one that doesn't belong.
Well, I thought it was a good idea to put some structure to my character rather than making up a bunch of crap and then not keeping up with most of it & causing horrible inconsistencies like I've seen done in the past(this isn't the first RP I've ever done). I use D&D for comparison purposes, because it's a game you can play a god in. I haven't RPed a god on a forum within my ability to recall, so I needed a reference. I used James the Deity cause he's not that bad of a character. It's not entirely my fault some of you have problems with him.

quote:
Because that's no fun to write, no fun to read, and makes no sense storywise.
Yeah, I don't see that much fault in your argument. Neither of us set up the big bad evil forces that need more power than my character has to stop, and neither of us really wanted to have to take care of them with them, but surely you won't deny that they have to be dealt with. But don't worry. I'm getting help(much more than I expected) with the whole evil forces thing, so you and the other people with their own story lines who don't care about it don't have deal with it.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #324
quote:
Originally written by Bandit Keith:

I've got a character with a background and that's a problem.
Your character has a fully constructed background that none of us know about. You brought in an already-complete character (no, make that several complete characters) while all of us are making up new ones.

quote:
My character has a written up set of abilities and powers and that's a problem.
Eh, it's basically just limiting. But if it helps you, fine.

quote:
I have side-kick characters for my main character and that's a problem.
They're annoying, overdone, and unnecessary thus far. I talked about that already.

quote:
I gave my character some future enemies and that's a problem.
Future enemies that probably only you will fight. This is just boring for the RP.

quote:
My character threw away his own goals to try to do what half the other characters don't care about doing, fighting the villains of the story and that's a problem.
Not sure which villains you mean... but regardless, most of us are still setting up shop. No need to explode the world just yet.

quote:
I've got a planned, but flex-able plot concept for much later in the story and that's a problem.
Yes. Because odds are, it's just going to knock us all off our feet like the Rakshasi did in the Avernum RP. Nobody likes to scramble to adapt to another RPer's sudden movements.

quote:
I'm trying not to take this RP too seriously and that's a problem.
I try to have fun with the RP and that's a problem.

There's a line between having fun with the RP and taking liberties with the ground rules of the RP's universe.

quote:
I've tried to do some character development and that's a problem.
...I'm sorry. I just didn't read most of those. Like you admitted, they were fluff.

quote:
I don't tell everyone every detail of why I'm doing every little thing I'm doing with my character and that's a problem.
Look, it's just that none of it makes sense!

quote:
I try to do some form of compromise without completely abandoning everything I'm doing and trying to do and that's a problem.
What compromise? I must've missed it.

--------------------

Pages