Legends of Divinity IC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity IC
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #175
"Suffering is a disease which not only plagues humanity as a whole but also each individual. It is a fluid thing and always evolving. A man who has been imprisoned knows no other way to live but through threats and force; similarly, a man who sees atrocities done to his family or people will commit atrocities against him oppressors or persecutors. Though showing kindness to a man who has suffered may seem a benevolent act, in truth a greater evil may be unleashed; the man may go on to steal, kill, or inflict pain as soon as he is helped to his feet.

And so suffering will always exist, passing from one being to the next through every action from petty rivalries to brutal wars. Mankind may only hope that one day a savior will come to take upon himself the pain of all people...
"
From On the Pitiful and Downtrodden Masses; the book is now widely recognized as causing much more trouble than it was worth.
---
Over the realm of punishment, three wrathful and bloodthirsty deities preside: Cassius, Harath, and Nemesis. Cassius was known as an impartial and detached god, only concerned with spreading suffering itself. Harath however was the god of cold and unfeeling justice, of unshakable adherance to the law, and to order. Followers of Harath believed that crime and sin did not vary in degrees, as most law systems do; they believed in more or less the same punishment for all crimes large and small. And Nemesis has not been heard of in years; before, she was the goddess of divine vengance, above and beyond the law. She was known for both her brutal and righteous actions.
From The Codex of Modern Divinities, an attempted compilation of knowledge concerning more recent gods and goddesses.

[ Monday, May 28, 2007 15:55: Message edited by: Calphrexo ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #176
The lighting storm came and shattered the marige revealing that 2/3s of the army he brough was an illusion. The demon orb not only was it useful for communication, weapon, it could also help wiht illusions. Geltor was suprised however to see that most of the real demons had been killed Geltor thinks to h ims self "Was that luck or could Seoth see through my illusions?Proably the latter."

Now it was time to deal with the problem at hand.
Geltor: Yes well you and Minoko have a problem as I don't exactly recognize her or what ever legal system she operates by legitimacy. As far as James I have agreed with someone to capture and return him he left without permission. You stand in my way, you stand in his way and trust me you don't want to do that. He is the extension of a realm and is the work of several powerful gods. When he defied them several powerful gods couldn't stop him. However I make a counter proposal for you. You recognize my right to, whats the term, extradite, James I'll try to keep collateral damage with my war too the gods down to a minimum."

Joshua: "Minoko would never go along with it. James is a very profitable industry. Besides, you should be glad she even considered extending you this offer."

Geltor: "That's rather unfortunate"

*Geltor siphons a lightning bolt from the storm and launches it at Joshua, much to Geltor's surprise, dodges it. Somewhat surprised by the attack, Joshua stared at Geltor for a moment. He quickly regained his composure as another lightning bolt came at him. Joshua quickly teleported out of the way and drew his sword.*

Joshua: "I should've known you would do something like that. Demons are by their nature very stupid"

Geltor: "You dare mock me!"

*Geltor lunged at Joshua, grabbing him by the throat*

Geltor: "The only stupid one here is you. You're powers will my a fine addition to my already formidable arsenal."

*Geltor's hand started to glow strangely as he tried to drain Joshua's power. For some reason it wasn't working. This surprised Geltor. In this moment of confusion, Joshua managed to pry Geltor's hand from his throat and teleport several feet away from him.*

Joshua: "So, you're a power stealing demon like me. My sources never told me that. I really should sue some of them later for that. Looks like I'm at a bit of a disadvantage now. I may not be able to do it now, but when I next see you, I will destroy you."
------------back at Geltor's base-----------------
Geltor was in a meeting with four of his demons assians. Coutal was still out on special orders.
Geltor "We have three things that we need to work on. First off the army lacks discpline the army will be divided into divisions each on of you will assume control over a divsions. Second Seoth h as assumed control of a sizeable portion of undead demons. Since they are still demons I might be able to seize control of some of them or at the very least cause him to loss control of them wreck and havok. Third we need to work on a way to see through Seoth's illusions." With that the Demons exited the building. Geltor was ammused to think that anyone would try to force laws on a demons. Destroying them was hard enough, make them civilized never not even Burrad tried that he doubt minko could succed. Still Geltor decided to proceed cautiously. Construction on his portal to hell here at his base was almost complete. He need to consult with gate keeper soon.

[ Monday, May 28, 2007 14:16: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #177
Foolish mortal, your puny mind cannot comprehend the power I comm-"

-Last words of the previous God of Storms.

----------------------------------------------------

Death stalked the village. Men dying where they stood and their skin swelling and bursting with their blood turned to steam. People fleeing in terror, but unable to get out, the pass was so choked with the dead bodies of the invading army.

A lone figure, cloaked in black from head to toe, watched the village from a cliff far above the screaming, doomed masses. He turned away from the horrific devastation, without a single expression of regret or remorse. Good must die so it could live. Cycles must be reborn. Evil must have a foothold, so the Balance would not tip.

A woman, beautiful and holy, watched the scene and wept. Wept with the sorrow that only the pure could know. Seoth had explained it to her, a hundred times over, refuting and parrying her most elaborate verbal arguments, but it did not change the fact. People, good and honest, were dying in incredible agony and horror. No amount of reasoning or expression could change that. The Gold began to tarnish.

--------------------------------------------------

The liches in the Bone Dome had finished their great Book, the Mortuus Victus. It hadn't taken too long, what with the sheer numbers of researchers they had. They had all gone into experimentation and augmentation, now. The new spells and the changes to the old would be recorded in the Vinco Libri, which would change all of the other copies. It could be written in only by a lich or a god. The few mindless undead they had were doing the manual labor, etcetera, while the liches devoted, quite literally, all of their time to their task. The fortress had become a laboratory.

Seoth stepped through a shadow inside of the Dome, and began to survey the Vinco Libri. Every once in a while a skeleton would walk through, record a note or make a change, and walk clatteringly back to it's master.

After a few hours, Seoth sat back, quite impressed. "This will advance necromancy more than a hundred years worth of normalcy would have." Seoth pondered this for a long time. "Necromancy will no longer be reviled or persecuted unjustly. It will enter the world as a major player at last. . ." A realization struck him. He randomly teleported a couple of his liches into some random wildernesses. Grabbing the giant book, he teleported to the apex of the Dome. It was his creation. It owed him utter fealty. Putting his palm on the exact apex, Seoth slowly clenched his fist. The entire dome folded in upon itself, compacting until there was nothing left but an incredibly dense human skull. It fell to the earth, tumbling and turning. It made a crater in the ground and buried itself.

There was more to the Balance than Good and Evil.

[ Monday, May 28, 2007 15:53: Message edited by: Necro-Master ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #178
Having done what they started out, the Triad met in their secret cave lair. "So, was everyone successful," Joshua asked. "Somewhat," answered Ryan, "I'm fairly confident that Seoth will attend the meeting." "Kuber seemed reluctant," Kesh replied, "However, greed should be enough to motivate him to show up. How did things fair with you, Joshua?" "As expected the negotiations were a complete failure," Joshua said, "I look forward to Geltor's death, even if it's James who ends up causing it. Speaking of that idiot, Geltor seemed surprising interested in capturing James for someone who is supposed to be powerful. Truthfully, the guy can't be that powerful if he and some so-called demon god together can't take down someone as retarded as James." "Um, dude, we never could do it," Ryan interjected. "True, but whenever any of us tried it, he had Minoko and a major network of powerful people backing him up," Kesh said, "If that Serena woman is best James has watching his back, then he should be more than easy enough for a god to take down." Extremely surprised by this, Joshua said, "Serena's with him?! I don't believe it. That jerk stole my girlfriend!" "Dude, she never was your girlfriend," Ryan interjected, "Besides, there are a lot more attractive women who aren't intent on torturing every man they encounter." "I suppose your right," Joshua said, "but for some reason, when I look at her, I just feel like there's some sort of a connection between us. Like she's the one." Kesh casually walked up to Joshua, smacked him, and said, "What the hell's wrong with you! She's pure evil for crying out loud." "She's not evil. Almost all the women of her species are like that," Ryan said, "Kesh, just because something doesn't suit your ideals doesn't mean it's evil and should be destroyed. You would do well to remember that." "Perhaps," Kesh said with some smugness, "This concludes the meeting." And so they left in their standard manor.

--------------------
"These sunglasses sure make it difficult to see in the dark, but I refuse to take them off because I'm an American and Americans always wear sunglasses."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #179
IC:

Still angry from his encounter with James, Sliros swept through the alleyways of Joth. He could feel the presence of another god nearby, so he headed towards it, the air behind him shimmering with waves of heat. It was the tribal god, whom he had rescued from the strange mortal with white hair (whose energy was something of a mystery to Sliros... he could see its shape, but not its substance). Sliros had felt the god's link to... well, something. Probably his tribe. The sudden appearance of one of James' minions had forced Sliros to leave suddenly, lest he acquire an epic headache.

It was not long until Sliros found the god, leaning against a house which was still rebuilding itself, drawing stones out of a pile that used to be its own roof.

"I believe you wished to see me. Here I am. What on Kalandha do you want?" Sliros barked. The other god jumped slightly.

"I am Avin, patron god of the Ishnu and God of Languages, and I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here. No need to bite my head off." Avin said, drawing himself up to his full height.

Sliros sighed. A stone fell behind Avin. "Right, sorry. There are some other deities at work around here, and only half of them seem to have a clue." As a matter of fact, Sliros could feel the combined energies of Geltor and James from a distance. They were moving too fast for it to be worthwhile for Sliros to decipher them. "I believe it is more important for us to focus on local matters for the time being."

Sliros turned his attention away momentarily to guide the sundered halves of a pillar back towards each other at the far end of the street.

"For instance, what do you know about the mortal whom I defeated earlier?"

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #180
Avin seemed taken aback about something. "You defeated...? Never mind, not important. I don't really know who she is; she definitely isn't a deity, but she most certainly isn't mortal, or at the very least, normal. She's just as immortal as you or I from what I can tell, if not more so. That blast of energy she took didn't even leave a scratch on her." Avin became rather disconcerted from those last words. The idea that a mortal would hold more power than himself wasn't something that would sit well with any deity. "She's at least my age, suggesting some sort of supernatural intervention, be it magic or divine. Thing is, though, is that, aside from when she's actively using a spell, I can't sense any sort of aura around her. It's like the power to fuel her spells and impervious nature come elsewhere. Admittedly, I can't feel auras well. But, standing here, I can still feel yours, if only slightly."

"Fine. What do you want?" Sliros asked impatiently.

"Just answers for these three questions. First, who are you? Second, what did James want with you? And, most importantly, I know that, until recent generations, gods could contact the pantheon. The real pantheon, not the temple located here. I have apparently been unable to contact it for the better part of 200 years. At first, I attributed this to losing touch with the modern world, but with what seems to be happening, I need to know: have you been in touch with the pantheon?"

[ Tuesday, May 29, 2007 11:14: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #181
Fourty woke, still feeling tired. He stetched and looked around. It was a chilly morning with only a little sunlight filtering down through the trees from the overcast sky. Then he saw Vizoth dozing against the obelisk.

"Vizoth!"

Vizoth awoke with a start. "You're awake!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, you've been missing for two days. I came to find you."

"I've been asleep for two days? Ugh." Fourty buried his face in his hands. After a few moments of awkward silence, he stood up. "Well, how are things going?"

"Mostly good, I think. The ghosts' disappearance calmed everyone down a lot. But we've got a few refugees from Mannik who lost everything is some sort of golem attack, and a few messengers from Ischara. The villagers saw the army retreat and then the wolves passed right through the village. They don't know what to do anymore. We also have several deserters from the army here. I am not sure how trustworthy they are. And then there is the issue of... Fourty?"

Fourty was looking west and had a distant look in his eyes. He muttered to himself. "There's so much to do. So many problems to fix. So many people to take care of. I can't abandon my job here half-done, but the longer I stay, the more people who die elsewhere."

It started raining. Neither Fourty nor Vizoth moved to find cover. Fourty was still staring westwards and Vizoth was staring at Fourty. Finally, Fourty shook himself back into reality.

"Well, we do what we can, right? I'm needed here, so here I will stay, at least for now. Show me back to camp, please. And what issue were you going to talk about?"

Ignoring the rain, they walked back to camp.

"Food. The Forsaken don't have enough to last the winter. The deserters don't have more than a few days worth of rations." Vizoth said.

"And what makes you think the deserters aren't trustworthy?"

"Do you remember that soldier who threatened us?"

"Yes."

"He's here."

"Well, maybe he saw the wreckage and decided..."

"No. He's my son, I probably know him better than anyone else. He's a fanatic. He lives for Harath. He wouldn't just give up. No, he's here for some other reason. And I don't think it's good."

"Well, what am supposed to do?"

"Send him and any of his buddies away before they cause harm," Vizoth said.

"Fine, fine. I'll watch them," Fourty said.

Fourty and Vizoth practically bumped into Talsh and Meeka, who were hauling a dead log back towards camp.

"Hey! Where did you two disappear off to for so long?" Meeka let go of the log, brushed wet hair out of her face, and stared at Fourty and Vizoth.

"Divine revelation." This time, Fourty looked to the north. "Very strange dreams. Very strange."

"Divine revelation, huh? So now what?" Meeka asked.

"Well, I was planning to..." Fourty motioned them all to the shelter of a tree and pulled out his notebook and quill. "...give your names back, for starters." He handed them towards Meeka. "Just print your name and birth date."

Meeka looked skeptical. "That's it?" She looked to Talsh. He shrugged and remained emotionless.

"I'll gladly sign the book." Vizoth said.

Meeka started to hand it to him, but Talsh took it first. Wordlessly, he signed it and handed it back to Meeka. Then he knelt in front in front of Fourty.

"I am not entirely sure I am making the right decision, but, well, you are willing to take us in when Harath is not. I am yours."

Fourty was surprised but recovered quickly. "Well. Stand and look at your arm."

Talsh stood up and rolled up his sleeve. The scar was gone. "But... but... Meeka! The F is gone!"

"I can see that. It's just, well, it's just... never mind. I'll sign." She added her name to the book.

Fourty was curious but decided not to press the issue. He took the book and tucked it back into his robes.

They hauled the log back to the Forsaken camp. The tents were scattered wildly in the trees, and a few were set up separate from the rest for the refugees from Mannik. There were also a pile of weapons at the base of a tree; the deserters had obviously surrendered their weapons. Bev promptly pulled his tether and attempted to snatch a bite from Fourty's robes.

"Shoo! Shoo!" Fourty waved the goat away.

"Bev! You stupid beast!" Toby wrestled the goat away and tied him back up.

"Vizoth, show me where the messengers from Ischara are." Fourty said. He knew that Talsh would spread the knowledge of the book and hoped that people would inquire about it after he finished speaking with the messengers.

---

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #182
IC:

Sliros thought for a moment.

"I am Sliros, God of the Forsaken. I have just awoken from oblivion, for a reason that I do not quite understand yet."

Avin nodded. "Go on. What about James?"

"The windbag seeks an alliance to deal with the hordes of Geltor. But honestly, I think that he only wants to be the hero, at any cost to those around him."

"Fair enough. And the pantheon?"

Sliros sighed. "The pantheon... I have not been in touch with it since I awoke, as I have been busy getting my bearings again. In fact, I have not been in touch with it since the time of Saluc, when he personally tried to rend it from the heavens."

"Did he succeed?"

"Yes and no. While he could not destroy the pantheon itself, he destroyed the will of the gods to appear there. During a Godsmoot, which was called to deal with his rampage across Kalandha, he appeared himself, and broke the sacred pact of the Godsmoot."

"Wait, the what?"

"The Godsmoot. The only time that gods truly negotiate, when we are stripped of our powers and left to deal in mortal form. It is understood that no god in mortal form strikes another during the Godsmoot. When the business concludes, our powers return and we are free to fight amongst ourselves as we wish. But as I was saying, Saluc broke that pact, and the gods have been hesitant to return there since."

Sliros paused, and looked up at the sky. "Perhaps it is time to try and return."

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #183
Note: Seoth did not destroy the Bone Dome because Lone Flames' character told him to. In fact, Nalyd considers that edit so ridiculous and obvious that he chose to ignore it. Whoopie.

----------------------------------------------------

Seoth pondered his situation. His army was gone, and he had a tome that contained all of the necromantic power of the world in his arms. The Balance had been helped, certainly, with the destruction of his fortress, though he was at a loss as to what to do now. Well, when in doubt, watch.

Seoth dispersed himself into the air. Tiny parts of his being infused themselves into clouds and took off in their respective directions, mostly in or around Kirkwood. The deities were gathered there, and it was almost certainly Geltor's next target. There had to be something going on there.

He saw the exchange between Avin and Sliros. Interesting. Avin was one of the few deities that Seoth didn't know much about. He'd been too preoccupied with his searches and evaluations considering the Balance. Well, if Avin was in contact with Sliros, then he might serve as an intermediary between the two.

Sliros left, after a while, and as Avin turned to leave, a swirling whirlwind stretched downward. A tall, menacing skeleton wreathed in shadowy robes stood before the god.

Avin's response, of course, was to start in surprise and attempt to flee, but Seoth grasped his arm with a skeletal hand.

"Wait. You are a god, yes?"

"Yes. . ."

"And you are in contact with Sliros, correct?"

"More like he's in contact with me, but yes."

"Very well, then. If you're a god, then you would have to be Avin. I can sense your link to your tribe. I. . . am someone that you don't need to know about. You are a deity, and no matter how minor, you can help me fend off Geltor. . . Though he is more Makroangkeen, now. You also are in contact with Sliros, one of the few remaining original deities left. There is no love to lose between us, and he would likely rebuke any attempt I made at contact. He seems to trust you, however, and quite frankly, I'm outmatched here. Give him this," Seoth handed the last and only copy of the Mortuus Victus to Avin, who struggled under the incredible weight, "and tell him that Seoth wants to help. Got that? Off with you, then, and betrayal of me wouldn't turn out well. . . For either of us."

Seoth turned to go.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #184
Coutal was tracking the human, this human like many other unforutnate humans was the victim of a series of unfortunate events. However what caught his attetion was when he encountered to the person was the sense of bitterness towards the gods, nothing open though. A human who's trust in the gods, as a whole, is broken, is not easily found. Just what Geltor need for his experment Coutal thought. Under various guises Coutal gave hints about the alter in Kirwood and Coutal went to the town ahead of him and waited for the human. Coutal would accompany him as a traveler to the outskirts of Kirwood. That way he could influence and guide the human as long as possible. Coutal decided against enter kirwood him self becuase the risk of detection was to great. However a single discontent human would not be worth the notice of the gods.
Soradin was in a a moderate size town in the western kingdom of Tharin. As with most of the farming people in this area the worshipped an various assorment of farming a fertailty gods.
One day the main priest in town announced that he once he had undegone some type of fasting and mediation ritual last a couple days that the gods would grant him the abilty to bless the wells returning the water to them. Soradin after here the preist's procalmation, went to the herbolgist's shop as he was closeing and killed him gaining his knowledge of posions. He mixes up a brew of a posion that is was water activiated. He then sets in the oven and waits till is caked. Once done he will simply have to powder it. In the mean while all he had to do was find a method of dilvering the posion undetected.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #185
Let me know one thing before I go:

Why?
- Joth Graffiti
--------------------

“Not another step,” a strained voice came from the shadows to the left. Ashataro stopped and turned slowly to face the speaker, spreading his hands away from his sides.

“I bear no weapons,” he said, peering into the dimness in an attempt to see the other man. The morning sun had not yet crested the horizon, yet he could see the other man held a wickedly sharp object in the pre-dawn light. A second glance made him lift an eyebrow. “Is that... a pottery shard?”

The other man was taken aback for a moment before ruefully shook his head as he placed the shard on a rickety table. “Suppose you don’t look to much of a threat at that. Still, it’s considered rude to walk into someone’s home unannounced and uninvited, even in Joth.”

A home, Ashataro thought to himself as he grimaced. Between the gaping holes in the walls, the crack in the roof, and the trash on the floor, it sure didn’t look like one. “I apologize; I didn’t realize anyone lived. I wouldn’t have passed through here if not for the... reconstruction.”

Only now were the noises of the waking city beginning to drown out the ceaseless scraping of rock upon rock that had droned on the entire night. The other man manoeuvred his way around the debris in his abode to one of the holes in his wall. After a minute of mutely staring at the floating blocks of stone beyond, he began to speak breathlessly. “This one... he’s different. No hidden path to eternal glory, no prosperity in return for servitude, nothing that smacks of the other priests in this wretched city. He just goes to work.” He fell silent for a time, and Ashataro had wended his way to the other side of the rundown building before the other man spoke up again. “Dare we place our trust in him?”

Ashataro paused, searching for words. Finally, he responded, not looking back. “I think not, my friend. This new god may aid you for a time, but the only one who is capable of truly helping you is yourself.”

He hear a snort of derision behind him as he stepped away from the hovel. “Really. What must have I been doing these past decades?”
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #186
Avin watched silently as Seoth (for, while the god never stated his name, he somehow knew it) stalked away. Not thrilled with the idea of being a mediator between two gods who probably had a long standing and possibly rational rivalry, he decided to take a different route to the same goal. "Come on, you can do this..." Avin thought as he attempted to search for Sliros's aura. It was incredibly difficult for him. However, he finally found it several yards away, though there was something odd with it. Avin couldn't figure out what, though. He then tried to remember how to mentally contact someone who wasn't connected to him. He then tried to quickly pry into Sliros's mind enough to give him the message without provoking the god's retaliation. His success was extremely limited, but it was enough; he merely imparted the memory of the meeting with Seoth, and then teleported the book to his approximate location. He then broke contact before the god retaliated for the intrusion.

Avin quickly walked back to the temple. He was eager to finish his project up, and the sooner he could finish it, the sooner he could hide it. He was so busy thinking about the next stages of the project that he failed to notice a high priest of another god standing in front of the temple doors, until he bumped into the priest. "A little distracted, young one?" The priest asked kindly.

"Just a little," Avin replied. He then reached for the door and tried to open it, only to find that it was locked. "What the...?"

"The temple is closed for the day. One of the gods is not appeased, and has set upon us a terrible curse. So far, it's been contained inside the temple, but if it were to get loose... I shudder to think of the consequences."

Avin was startled. "But I need to get in there! There's something important I have to do!"

"I can't let you in, no matter what rite of passage you may be doing for your faith. I'm sorry." The priest gave him an apologetic look. Avin was incensed.

"Look, whatever is going on in there, I can handle. Just let me in!"

The priest stood with arms crossed and shook his head. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you in there."

Finally, Avin had enough. Muttering a spell, he blasted the doors open. They swung open under incredible pressure as some gigantic white mass flowed out of the temple. "Holy...!" Avin yelped as he and the priest were buried under the mass. He quickly struggled to the surface, trying to figure out what was going on. What he saw shocked him. The priest surfaced soon after, and glared at Avin, utterly furious. Avin stared back at him, and said, "I guess this is the Goddess of Fertility's doing."

Tens of thousands of rabbits swarmed out into the streets of Kirwood. They were breeding at an incredible rate, with rabbits going from conception to adulthood in a matter of minutes. And, worst yet, when they weren't mating, they were eating everything edible within sight. Grass, foliage, and cultivated vegetables alike were all getting consumed at an astronomical rate. Thankfully, they didn't seem aggressive. Avin stared in astonishment. He had never seen anything like the sight he now beheld. "Truly, the gods are getting out of control." He muttered. Standing up, he contacted his tribe outside Kirwood. "Gulix, we need some pest control here in Kirwood. Send 50 warriors with the orders to kill all rabbits they find in Kirwood. Also, feel free to take some of them for food supplies. I'm sure you'll enjoy a change in cuisine." Avin got a reply a few seconds later confirming that the warriors were on their way. Satisfied, Avin waded through the rabbits and entered the temple. For a fleeting moment, he felt like he was watched, but he shrugged it off. The temple was still full of breeding rabbits, though they now were leaving the temple rapidly. Wading through the tide of rabbits, he made his way to his hidden shrine. On the way, he noticed a new altar; one made of black obsidian that was fairly plain. However, it appeared to have something carved into it. Walking up to it, he saw that it held a single line of writing. 'Denouce the gods and, by an offering of blood, you will be made into a demon.' Avin read this with a sick feeling in his stomach. The demon god, Geltor, was spreading his influence far. Then he got an idea. Grabbing one of the many breeding rabbits, he spilled some of it's blood on the altar. The affect was immediate. The rabbit started to change, growing more feral and aggressive. It's fur changed from white to black, and it's eyes gained an unusual orange glow. It soon tried to attack Avin with unusual ferocity; Avin smiled.

The high priest swore vehemently as he tried to keep the rabbits from spreading throughout the city. His efforts were in vain, though. The rabbits already formed a white sea all across the town square, and were filtering into the entire city. Several bystanders were watching in awe, and a select few tried to help. Suddenly, there were high-pitched yelps and screams from rabbits near the temple, and saw a black-haired rabbit ripping the other rabbits to shreds. It was taking down the rabbits as fast as they could breed, leaving a trail of rodent destruction wherever it went. Thankfully, it was too busy with it's own kin to care about the surrounding humans, most of which had already fled indoors when the normal rabbits had flooded the streets. The priest stared with a mixture of relief and pity. Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Avin was standing behind him. Before the priest could speak, Avin started talking very quickly. "You need to go to the town guard and tell them to keep a close eye on that demon rabbit. It isn't harming humans yet, but once it runs out of prey from it's own species, it's likely to try to bring down one of us." The priest tried to reply, but Avin was already gone. The priest turned and trudged off through the now terrified rabbits towards the guard post.

"Well that's settled. Let's get back to work." Avin muttered to himself as he headed back towards his own shrine. He again felt like he was being watched. Ignoring it, he stepped through the illusionary wall only to discover that rabbits were breeding in here too. Throwing most of them out, he then started working again on the crystal. He didn't get to work long, though. A disembodied voice emerged from behind him. "You've been busy." Avin swiveled on the spot to face it. The skeletal god from earlier was stepping through the illusionary wall.

OoC EDIT: Fixed a continuity error with the altar inscription.

[ Friday, June 15, 2007 13:40: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #187
Seoth watched the massive animal orgy with amusement. An unorthodox curse, but quite effective. Nonchalantly blasting his way through the sea of rabbits, he went into the temple.

Gliding silently through the illusory wall - No illusions could fool the God of Deceit - , Seoth halted in surprise. A Channeler. . . He hadn't heard even a rumor of these for centuries. . . after watching Avin work for a few minutes, he rasped loudly. "You've been busy."

Avin started in surprise. But not enough. He had been expected this, at least to some degree.

"How did you come by this, Avin? A Channeler. . . Do you know what this could accomplish, in the right hands?" Seoth gestured extravagantly with his own skeletal fingers.

"It is a device for storing power. What of it? It makes things much easier for me and my tribe."

"Yes. . . But it is unlimited in it's capacity! If every god and mage and person capable of generating energy, even kinetic energy, were to spend their lifetimes battering away at this crystal, then all that would happen is that it would grow stronger! It provides a nearly unsurpassed advantage!"

Seoth stood reverently over the crystal. He ever so lightly caressed it. . . And in one motion raised his bony fist. Lightning and darkness flared in a sequence that would have spelled death for most, and the god smote the crystal with all his force.

A gentle wave of light pulsed in the crystal, and a slight, slight thread of light could be seen spiraling away from Seoth's hand into the depths of the glowing object.

Seoth shook his skull in disbelief. His skeletal face managed to look awed, despite it's lack of flesh.

"How, exactly, did you come by this, Avin? Is it yours? Or are you merely supplying energy for another god?"

Avin, reluctantly, told Seoth his story. He tried to lie a few times, but Seoth wouldn't be fooled. Gods rarely are, and a God of Deceit was all but impossible to fool, and Avin didn't want to anger this bony vision of power. His own efforts had rarely made a visible effect on the crystal, and Seoth's had been clear, if small.

Seoth seemed to deflate at the end of the tale. He withdrew heavily from the alcove. Avin, confused, went out as well to call for him, but the god had disappeared. Turning back to his altar, he saw Seoth holding a young man, clearly an innocent bystander from the heavy throng of people fleeing the rabbits outside. He held the man's hand gently over the crystal, and slit a tiny drop of blood with a bony claw. The miniature wound oozed a single drop of blood, which was landed on the crystal. It dripped slowly to one side, and. . . disappeared. Seoth watched the Channeler intently, and the small speck of blood returned to the surface and spat itself at Seoth's forehead.

"And a Pure Channeler at that. . ."

Seoth turned to face Avin. "I would like to see what you know about this Channeler, Avin. There is little that I know myself, and I believe that an alliance would prove mututally. . . profitable."

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #188
Avin was stunned at what was happening. Still, he decided to hold off on any hasty decisions until Seoth knew the full facts. "The legends and rumors about a Channeler are somewhat blown out of proportion. They have a far more limited capacity, though said capacity is still very high. And, technically, it's essentially no different from other power storage devices invented in the past. The main exception is that a device like this sends energy to it's destination directly, rather then through conduits like a normal storage device. Thus, it's theoretically more effective. However, all previous devices like this have failed, because most of the energy during a transfer is lost. Which, by the way, is why if you tried to draw the energy out, you'd discover that it was far less than what you tried to put in."

Seoth interrupted. "You wouldn't build this without a way around that."

Avin smiled. "True enough. Several centuries ago, I stumbled upon the first working Channeler. It was smaller than this, though that doesn't matter much. The owner died soon after, and the device was destroyed, but not before he gave me this." Avin pull a piece of extremely aged vellum out of his vest. It held the plans to correctly calibrate the Channeler. "It took me a long time to find the crystal needed. This is no ordinary diamond, even if you take out the magic we've already put in. Anyway, it works by drawing on a small fraction of the energy stored inside the stone to work like a magnet. It draws the energy getting stored straight to it, rather then the energy attempting to find it's own way. It also bypasses some mild shielding that comes naturally to this stone." Avin paused, grabbing a nearby rabbit and throwing it out of the shrine. A dull thump was heard, followed by someone yelling, "What th- Get off me, you freak!" It took some restraint on Avin's part to keep from laughing. Then he added, "I suppose that I agree to an alliance. Not that I'm thrilled with the aspect of sharing the power of this device, but because I'd rather not have to fight with you for possession of it. However, there is something I should warn you about. The first Channeler and it's owner met their fate at the hands of some white-haired woman. Whoever it is apparently hunts these devices and their owners down and destroys them. I've recently had a confrontation with her myself."

"I doubt she'd pose a threat to me." Seoth rasped, amused.

"Don't bet on it. She faced both Sliros and myself in open combat, and survived. Admittedly, I was pretty weak at the time, but she took a bolt of energy that would have obliterated a small house and walked away without a scratch. She's a threat, whether you like it or not." Avin turned and examined the diamond. "Now, don't distract me. This takes a lot of concentration, and the slightest distraction could cause a fault that'll turn this temple into a crater. If you want to do something to help, keep the rabbits out of this room." Avin took a deep breath and his hands glowed slightly. "If you have any words before I begin, now is the time." Seoth remained silent. Avin closed his eyes, and tendrils of colored light flowed into the crystal. He moved his hands carefully, weaving the strings in an intricate pattern and starting what would be a several-hour long process.

[ Friday, June 15, 2007 19:07: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #189
While training several very muscular people in the art of fighting with an unnecessarily large sword, Yumi was interrupted by a butterfly flying around in front of her. She promptly followed it all the way to the nearby Kirkwood. Much to her delight, the entire town was overrun with cute, fluffy bunnies. Yumi promptly grabbed several bunnies at once, hugging them, crushing them with her great strength. "Aw, the bunnies died," Yumi said, as she discarded the bunnies and picked up some more.

***Meanwhile***

"Your holiness," the Oracle said with great urgency, "there is a great disturbance in Kirkwood..." "Oh gee, really, and here I thought the massive hoards of bunnies was a common occurrence," James sarcastically interrupted. "Oh, right," the Oracle responded, "So does that mean you know about the dark altar to that annoying demon god person?" "Yes. I've been meaning to send someone to deal with it," James said, "if that is all you have to tell me, you may go." Without a word, the Oracle sent James a telepathic message, bowed, and left. "Ah, the crazy things some gods do to protect the world from evil," James thought to himself, "but the rabbits thing was surprisingly effective. Though, I do find that mysterious demon rabbit to be a bit on the disturbing side. I should most likely have someone investigate that and the demon Altar..."

After some thought, James teleported to Serena, grabbed her, and teleported to Kirkwood. Serena looked around in amazement and said, "What in the hell?!" "The white rabbits are the least of your concerns," James said, "There's a black, demonic rabbit among them I want you to study and ultimately destroy. Afterwards, there's the matter of a demonic altar to Geltor and a strange shrine my old associate, Avin, has been messing with. Find out what you can about those and report back." "I think I was better off teaching those brain-dead men how to fight than doing this covert ops crap," Serena said antagonistically. "Not your decision," James snapped back, "look, I need the best to handle this and your the closest to that I have, so get to work." Serena glared angrily at James, muttered some insults under here breath, and walked to Kirkwood, muttering profanities in her native tongue and taking out her frustrations on any bunnies that dared to get near her or just happened to be within her line of sight.

--------------------
You've long since crossed over into unfounded speculation.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #190
While training several very muscular people in the art of fighting with an unnecessarily large sword, Yumi was interrupted by a butterfly flying around in front of her. She promptly followed it all the way to the nearby Kirkwood. Much to her delight, the entire town was overrun with cute, fluffy bunnies. Yumi promptly grabbed several bunnies at once, hugging them, crushing them with her great strength. "Aw, the bunnies died," Yumi said, as she discarded the bunnies and picked up some more.

***Meanwhile***

"Your holiness," the Oracle said with great urgency, "there is a great disturbance in Kirkwood..." "Oh gee, really, and here I thought the massive hoards of bunnies was a common occurrence," James sarcastically interrupted. "Oh, right," the Oracle responded, "So does that mean you know about the dark altar to that annoying demon god person?" "Yes. I've been meaning to send someone to deal with it," James said, "if that is all you have to tell me, you may go." Without a word, the Oracle sent James a telepathic message, bowed, and left. "Ah, the crazy things some gods do to protect the world from evil," James thought to himself, "but the rabbits thing was surprisingly effective. Though, I do find that mysterious demon rabbit to be a bit on the disturbing side. I should most likely have someone investigate that and the demon Altar..."

After some thought, James teleported to Serena, grabbed her, and teleported to Kirkwood. Serena looked around in amazement and said, "What in the hell?!" "The white rabbits are the least of your concerns," James said, "There's a black, demonic rabbit among them I want you to study and ultimately destroy. Afterwards, there's the matter of a demonic altar to Geltor and a strange shrine my old associate, Avin, has been messing with. Find out what you can about those and report back." "I think I was better off teaching those brain-dead men how to fight than doing this covert ops crap," Serena said antagonistically. "Not your decision," James snapped back, "look, I need the best to handle this and your the closest to that I have, so get to work." Serena glared angrily at James, muttered some insults under here breath, and walked to Kirkwood, muttering profanities in her native tongue and taking out her frustrations on any bunnies that dared to get near her or just happened to be within her line of sight.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #191
Tricking one of the intitates to put poison in the preist food was easy. What confused Soradin was the God of Fertility's reaction to the death of his preist. The hoard of rabbits the sprung up were ever he had an alter was strange. Although the plague of rabbits might be benfical Soradin was sure and went back to Geltor's base.
-----------back at the Demon Camp-----------------
Geltor "What you have told me is very strange. They could be benficial however previous encouters have taught me that whatever harmless apperance that something has can be decieveing it may be nothing but watch them carefully. However a god forced a rabbit to become a demon useing the demon altar. That was not suppose to happen. You are to retreive the rabbit so I can examine it. The new path to demon I creat must be completly volunatery."
Soradin "What about the gods in kirwood? Surely the would notice me and make good on their vows to destroy me."
Geltor "I will give them bigger things to worry about then you."
Soradin bow out and disappear into a *flame portal*.
Coutal "So you came after all."
Vertan "I found what said about the gods intruiging as well as what you said about this altar."
Coutal "Then I take it you will come to the altar with me"
Vertan "Why not, my time with the gods end long ago."
The two gather their stuff and head out of the pub.
-----------------The pub's cellar-----------------
A candle flared up and out of it came Soradin. Soradin left th e pub quickly before the people relazied what he was. He went outside and noticed one of the bunnies. Soradin killed one took on its form and headed to the nearby kirwood. Prehaps the gods would know he was nearby but how would they be able to tell which bunny was him.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #192
After much rabbit slaying, Serena stumbled across the Temple, where a pair of very suspicious looking people were trying to enter. "In the name of James the Deity, I order you to stop right there," Serena shouted as she blasted the ground in front of them. "I don't have time for this. If you wish to live, I suggest you back off," Coutal said, as he glared at Serena. "You dare defy me, puny demon," Serena shouted, "I shall crush you!" Suddenly, Coutal rushed Serena, barely dodging one of her energy blasts. He then grabbed her sword from her sheath and implanted it into her heart. Serena screamed in agony as Coutal jerked the sword around sadistically. Not taking any chances Vertan quickly entered the temple.

As Coutal continued torturing her, Serena finally managed to maintain her concentration long enough to unleash a power blast of dark energy around her, disintegrating one of Coutal's arms and scaring his face & body. As Coutal reeled in pain, Serena pulled what was left of the sword out of her. Immediately afterwards, her wounds instantly closed making it appear as if she has never been injured, despite her still actually being damage. When Coutal finally opened his eyes second later, he was quite surprised to see his opponent in perfect condition. Deeply concerned by this turn of events, Coutal quickly began to channel his dark demonic power into a concentration sphere of energy which he promptly thrust into Serena's, leaving a hole where her chest once was.

Serena's wound quickly closed, appearing as if nothing had ever happen. "Why won't you die," Coutal shouted, as he dodged a massive blast of black energy from Serena. Serena jumped into the air, channeled the same dark energy from her energy attacks, and drop-kicked Coutal in the knee, causing him to collapse to the ground. Coutal desperately reached around the ground for anything he could use to fend off Serena. He quickly grabbed a rock and smashed Serena in the head with it, stunning her. Taking advantage of this, Coutal grabbed Serena and proceed to repeatedly smash her head into the wall of the temple. After about the 4th time of doing this, Serena's entire body just completely dissolved, leaving nothing but black a residue where the body was and where the head had hit the wall.

Coutal then proceeded to check around to make sure Serena was gone. Content that her adversary was no longer a threat, Coutal quickly rushed to check on Vertan.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #193
Coutal arrives into the patheon limping maintian the guise of Sernea. Her lore in dark magic would be quite useful to him. However Coutal could feel a battle a large one and in his injured state he was not sure he could survie it. After spoting Vertan in the shadows and Soradin heading to the demon alter. Coutal decides that Vertan is safe for now and goes to catch up with Soradin to find out what is going on.

Soradin "You are loseing your touch Coutal, You should have beaten her easily but you go cocky."

Coutal "Easy for you to say. Besides did you catch that stuiped rabbit?"

Soradin "Ah yes it was not hard to find but hard to catch."

Coutal "Yes I find that mental image humrous but why is Geltor instrested in a rabbit, even a demon one?

Soradin " The rabbit was made by the demon altar and it had some things didn't go the way Geltor planned so he ordered me to catch the rabbit so he could figure out how fix the altart."

Coutal "Nothing seems to be wrong with..."

Soradin "That is little of your concern head back to your charge and wait for Geltor to contact you."

Coutal limps back to part of the patheon Vertan was hideing. Soradin approachs the alter.
Soradin "Honey I home."
Geltor appears before Soradin.
Geltor "You were succesful, I take it?
Soradin "As allways." Soradin pulls the rabbit out of his cloack subdued and hands it too Geltor.

Geltor "Go out and examine what forces the gods around here have. Avoid the acutal gods however. If you meet an enemy you can kill do so."

Soradin "Of course" Soradin rushes out of the patheon in blinding speed and takes the form of a bunny and joins the nearest hoard of rabbits he can find.

Geltor examines the rabbit for a couple of mintues. The tosses the bunny off to side muttering to him self "Clever, should have though of that." Then Geltor approachs the demon altar and engraves a series of anti mind control runes on the altar. What ever god forced to the rabbit to beceoma demon must have bent the rabbit's will to hate the gods for the altar to turn into a demon. Other wise it would not have worked. The anit mind control runes would prevent that. His work finshed he sends a mental message to coutal that every thing is ready and teleports back to his base to gather his army. He felt James in the area and he wouldn't let him escape death now.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #194
Lights continued to strobe across the Channeler. Avin had devoted a tiny part of his mind for waiting on his warriors to arrive. They had; he could sense them. However, he could also sense confusion. He continued to the point where he could safely leave it without it destabilizing, and then mentally contacted them. "What's wrong?"

"Well," replied one of the warriors, "So far, we have been unable to find the demon rabbit. We've slain plenty of ordinary rabbits, but no demon rabbit."

"Odd... I'll see what's going on. Carry on until further notice." Avin broke contact, and heard a weird noise outside. Seoth addressed Avin. "Why did you stop? What is wrong?"

"I don't know... but I'm going to find out." Casting an invisibility spell on himself, he poked his head through the illusionary wall just in time to see Serena get killed by a demon. Avin stared in shock, and saw him rush to the demon altar he had used. He saw another demon and what looked like a human, though he couldn't be sure. The two demons had a heated exchange, and the injured one rushed off. He then saw the other demon say something, and a new demon, what could only be the demon god Geltor, appeared by the altar. He quickly contacted the warriors. "Something terrible is happening. Demons are appearing, and they likely are about to attack Kirwood itself. Girk, go warn the town guard about this threat. Molk and Hrish, I need you to warn Sliros and James respectively. Sliros can be found in Joth, and James is somewhere outside the city. Dearn, Rikish, Pelk, Fara, and Yuni, come to the temple, but remain inconspicuous. I don't want to show our hand before we have to. The rest of you, I want you to go back to camp, and get everyone as far away from here as you possibly can. I don't care what Gulix says, I don't want you to die needlessly." Avin broke away from the contact before he could even get a reply in the affirmative. He suddenly realized that, in all this, he had no clue where Seoth was. Then he found that he particularly didn't care at the moment. There were bigger problems at hand. Avin quickly headed for the entrance of the temple. He found that the requested warriors were there, blending in as best they could. He quickly cast an invisibility spell over them and told them to guard the Channeler inside to the exclusion of all else. He then moved to the center of town, where he closed his eyes and started consolidating his energy.

He had a feeling he'd need it.

[ Tuesday, June 19, 2007 18:33: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #195
Seoth watched the demons warily. He watched them from the corner and made careful note of their conversation. Waiting until they had their backs turned, he silently stepped on top of the altar.

"Hello, boys. . ."

The demons snapped their heads toward the altar. Surprisingly enough, they didn't try to fight the image of skeletal doom confronting them. They turned into rabbits and blended in with the crowd. Seoth jumped down and stepped outside. a trio of warriors were mopping up the few rabbits left around the temple. A greasy spot stained the side of the temple. Setting his finger bone to it, Seoth tasted the essence of James' friend.

Whirling, Seoth stalked back into the temple. Something was happening, and he wanted to be prepared.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #196
After Seoth head out side, Coutal and Vertan emerge out of a hiden panel in the floor. It was contructed years ago by Makroangkeen to allow use of the altar without haveing to requrie him to bring attetion too his followers.
Coutal hisses under his breath "Hurry up with this"
Vertan approaches the altar a black obsidan knife forms out of the altar Vertan picks it up and hold the blade to his hand. He pauses for a second to think about what he was doing. Him and his family were like so many other humans victims of the gods petty squables. Their greed, jealously, selfishness, and whims ravage human kind. He thought to himself Were demons the answer? It was true that demons had all the bad qualties that most of the gods exhibited demons had 10 fold. However all demons to date had been created in hell or desecend from hell and a 1000 or so years in hell could make someone a bit grouchy. Also demons would not have existed had the gods not performed the abominal act of dening souls to their after life. Instead dooming them to an enterity of torture. Their was more to it then that however. So far all those who had been demons had never consicully chose to be demons and that curse them with their treachery. He be the first demon that would at the very least be no more treachours then your average human.

His pause was over he made up his mind. Coutal was behind him trying to get him to hurry. He denouched the gods and he cut his palm. As the first drop of blood hits the altar. A black aura surrounds him and he is lifted off the floor by an invisble force. Out of the altar a beam of dark enrgy comes out of the altar and hits Vertan in the forehead which is asorbed by Vertan. He is set back down on t he ground his eyes a pure black and aura of darkness surrounds him slowly the aura fades and his eyes go back to normal but he is still very much a demon. On the altar laid a sword on it was engraved the demon word and rune for godslayer. He picked up the sword unsheath it mometiarly to look at then sheath it and put it on his belt. The first thing he vowed to due was to free the demons and damed souls from hell, not to come to this world or to another but to the afterlife that the gods wrongily denied them. Then he vowed to himself to make the gods pay for that mistake. He left Coutal standing their stunned wondering what to do. He left the temple and left the city as well. The comnine disraction of a plague of rabbits and rumors of demons made leaveing easy. Back at he altar Coutal relaizes what had happened and warns Geltor. Geltor simply repsoneded with "I planned it that way." Coutal not haveing any orders hides in the hidden tunnel and tends too his wounds.
----------------back at Geltor's base-------------
The portal was finally complete his army labored for a month to complete it. True it would take him to hell if he wanted it too. It take him and his army where ever he wanted as long as he recasted his enchantments. It however was a oneway portal and true he could make a flame portal on the spot if he need too. It much to slow if things soured. He was like all demons confident they could win. He reliazied this as a failing which is why he made the new demon.
Geltor stood up from his throne, his army was standing waiting to march into the portal his 4 demon assiasions at the head of their division, all of which drilled them on how to handle enemies who were illusions, Geltor himslf had a few nasty suprises for all the seneriaos he could think of and then some, all that was left for him to do was to enchant the portal. Geltor started chanting and the portal started glowing.

[ Tuesday, June 19, 2007 20:53: Message edited by: Safey ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #197
Roaming around playing with bunnies, Yumi noticed a white one that was rather strange, it had an unusual aura to it, a dark, demonic aura. "Oh looky, a demon bunny," Yumi said cheerfully as she did some strange hand gestures, "Butterflies attack!" Suddenly a massive swarm of butterflies appeared and started to descend on the demon, who promptly transformed back to his demon form. Soradin then conjured a wall of fire, which consumed the numerous waves of butterflies. "You killed my butterflies. You're mean," Yumi said cheerfully. "Well, what did you expect, I'm a demon," Soradin said nonchalantly. "Oh, a demon. I'm an angel so that means we have to fight now," Yumi said even more cheerfully, "But I should warn you, I'm really good at killing evil things, especially demons." "Wow, what a coincidence, I'm quite good at killing angels. This should make an interesting fight," Soradin said with some enthusiasm. "Sounds like fun," Yumi said as she petted a rabbit. "I hope Coutal is watching so he can see how a real demon fights," Soradin thought to himself as he drew his sword, a dark rapier with "Angel Slayer" as well as some choice wards etched in demonic runes.

Yumi quickly drew picked up her sword, which looked like a large and raggedy bent up solid piece of metal someone had hacked into a sword using another sword. Just looking at Yumi, Soradin could not help but wonder how she held a sword that massive with such ease, let around dance around with it like she was now doing. Soradin carefully watched Yumi, studying her movements, looking for an opportunity to strike. As he did this, storm clouds began to form in the sky. Finding an opening, Soradin rushed towards Yumi. Suddenly a bolt of lighting struck the ground just in front of Soradin, forcing him to back off.

"Aw, I missed," Yumi said maintaining her cheerful attitude as she danced cheerfully, "I never seem to hit anyone with that spell. Oh well." "Hmmm, Holy magic, not too bad," Soradin thought to himself, "but with this sword, that shouldn't be a problem." At the next opening, Soradin charged Yumi again, this time letting the lightning strike him. This lightning merely fizzled out when hit. Soradin then stabbed Yumi while she was off guard. Yumi fell to her knees in agony as black fire engulfed her. Yumi muttered some words in an ancient holy language and disappeared into the ground. Soradin looked around cautiously, waiting to see where and if Yumi would pop back up. After several moments, Yumi still had not surfaced. Soradin was starting to think she had ran away. That is, until walls of stone started to appear around him, boxing him in.

"Well, this is less than encouraging," Soradin thought to himself as he observed his surrounding. With her opponent distracted, Yumi popped up right in front of Soradin, swiftly cleaving his sword arm off and head-butting him in the face. With Soradin still stunning, Yumi did some strange hand gestures and said some words in a celestial language. Before Soradin knew what was happening, he was completely engulfed in holy fire. Afterwards, Yumi fell to the ground from the injury caused by the angel-slaying blade. Not being one to miss the perfect chance to finish off his foe, Soradin grabbed Yumi's massive sword. As he began to swing it, he felt a sharp pain in his leg and fell to the ground. A quick glance revealed that his leg was completely shattered. Still remaining as cheerful as ever, Yumi then stood up and stomped on Soradin's remaining hand, shattering it. Soradin screamed in agony as he tried to crawl away. "That's what you get for killing butterflies," Yumi said cheerfully as she picked up her sword, "I could let you live, but you'll probably just go and kill more innocent butterflies and I don't want that to happen, now do it?!"

In a desperate attempt to fend off his attacker, Soradin surrounded himself with his own demonic energies. As he did this, Yumi began to channel holy energy into her blade, and began using her own soul to amplify the energy. When she was ready, Yumi swung her mighty piece of junk sword into Soradin, piercing his demonic barrier, cleaving the demon in half and causing a small explosion of energy. With her foe vanquished, walked out of Kirkwood. The fight had taken a greater toll on her than she thought and she collapsed before she could make it back to James's fortress.

James was in the process of reading a book on military tactics when he was interrupted by a very attractive young woman. "Your holiness," the woman said solemnly, "I have terrible news." "What is it," James asked without even looking up. "Well, according my sources. Serena has been slain. Yumi has wondered off. Geltor is making a major move. And someone killed your Oracle. Looks like you're in some serious trouble now," the woman said sadistically, "It would appear that you could you my help." James looked up from his book and saw Minoko standing before him with the head of his Oracle in her hand and what appeared to be a warrior from Avin's tribe in the other. "What do you want," James demanded with great agitation.

"Well, I've done some thinking on that, and I concluded there is but one thing I want from you," Minoko said slyly, "I've wanted it for quite some time, but I've never been in a position. To ask for it. In return, I'll offer my full support in stopping Geltor and the demons." "Name it," James said with a hint of sorrow in his voice. It had been some time since he was actually at someone's mercy. "Gladly," Minoko said with a smile, "there's this guy I'm in love with, but he won't give me the time of day. He just ignores me and treats me like I'm nothing more than a damn slave. I want you to make him fall in love with me and treat with all the love and respect that you would give to Suki." "Too easy," James said with a smile, "Who's the guy?" "You," Minoko said just before hugging James and kissing him passionately.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #198
Krasonva stalked through the forest, burning around her. She was too far gone to fly or teleport, as she was capable. Her mind had degenerated into Purge and Burn. All she knew was where Seoth was.

She stalked, stumbling and burning, to Kirkwood.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #199
Coutal was sitting with his back leaning against the wall in the dark tunnel. He had tended to his wounds and used heal spells. He lost his arm and only Geltor would be ablt to help him their and when Geltor showed up it be a full scale battle and not have the time no inlcination to do a time comsuming heal spell. No Coutal thought back to his battle with Sernea and remember how her wounds seemed to fill in them selfs. The wounds still exist but she replaced the missing flesh with demonic energy. "Prehaps I could do the same" Coutal fortunaly remember to taste her essences and drew on her knowledge of magic to form an arm. After a few failed attempts with the arm of dark energy disentrgating he seem to get something he could mantian it wasn't as fast or strong as his old arm. Prehaps in time it could but that was time he didn't have. He took on the guise of Sernea and steped out into the patheon and went to the demon altar. The room darkens momentiarly but then light returns to normal and on it lay a pair of daggers damage. Coutal could sense the daggers were embued with a decaying flesh spell. A wound from these daggers would resists all put the most powerful healing spells and even then it would only heal it gradually.

Coutal picked up the daggers his arm of demon magic waivered for a moment but Coutal regain control and walked down a hall. A god might know who he was but a mage or even a high ranking demon would think he was Serena. This was made easier due to the fact in life she reeked of demon magic.

[ Wednesday, June 20, 2007 19:55: Message edited by: Safey ]

--------------------

Pages