New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #50
Snapping to attention and saluting, Lethalis barks, "Sir! Yes sir!" Then gives ef a wicked grin and heads out to round up the Nightmare Squad. Shouting orders and delivering friendly insults to the other members of the Squad, Lethalis gives them their marching orders.

Returning to ef, Lethalis asks, "Any word from Namothil yet? I sent him out a few days ago to see what kind of information he could provide us concerning the people who hired the toughs that broke in last week. When he comes back, could you have him hurry to meet us outside of Delnar? We will be meeting three miles south of the west gate. We will attack two days from now."

OOC: No, I won't actually make everybody wait two days, but this way we can get a better sense of time in this thing. I will be going to work tonight though, so if combat starts before about 8:00pm tonight Spidweb time, please don't leave me out.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #51
Meanwhile, up north in Ferlan, a small town far north of the Inn...

FD: Hmmm... heavily guarded for a quiet little town. I can't go in through the front door. I'll have to find another way in.

Sneaking around to the back, FD uses a rope and grapple to climb a wall in the back of the town. Sneaking over the fence, he stays hidden in the shadows. A while later, he notices people entering a building, but not leaving. Moving carefully and staying out of the light FD slips into a window into the building.

FD: Too easy...

FD then keeps moving into the building. Avoiding several guards, he moves down a hall and into a empty room with a light, and begins to search for info.

One of the letters contains information on troop movements in the region, the other contains a letter from General Lewis to the Slith Archmage Renar'tal. "This might be important, I'll keep this." And with the letter he continues upstairs.

Continuing down the hall, he overhears that the Archmage is out of town on business. Not quiet done here, he heads outside, for the small weapons factory in the town...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #52
(OOC: I'm right here ...)

"I think that we can 'persuade' this new general to loosen his skribbane policies ..."

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #53
"Drakefyre? I haven't seen you in ages. You have some strategy to soften the new general?

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #54
OOC: Ragnarok, I already posted a response where I came back and reported. I'm not posting from my normal computer, and will be unlikely to be able to post much (If at all) over the next week. Until then, you can run my character. Just keep him alive (And reasonably intact.)
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #55
IC:
The Nightmare squad met outside the city, as planned.

OOC: someone plan the formation crap, i'm no military planner and i can only give suggestions after the plan is drafted.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #56
OOC: Whoops, sorry Namothil, I didn't see what you had posted. It must have been when I was at work that day. Now that I have noticed that, we will take care of that place after this. I don't think it would be a good idea for me to start the planning or combat stuff tonight, due to the fact that I'm really tired. So, unless someone else wants to propose a battle plan, I'm going to leave it alone for tonight.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #57
Alex announces the blueberry-cherry shake.

OOC: Hey, feel free to involve me in a battle if you want. I am a mighty archmage you know.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #58
A loud pounding interrupts everyone. Apparently someone is outside and is hitting the inn's wall. After a while the noise stops. They send Alex, he being a mighty archmage and therefore quite capable of defending himself, outside to check the situation.
When Alex opens the door and looks outside he sees a female soldier walking away, heading for the fort no doubt. Alex paces further outside of the inn and turns to look at the walls. He notices a paper nailed to the wall. He goes to it, glances it briefly and takes it off the wall. Reading it, he goes back inside.
"There was just some soldier out there.. and I think she nailed this paper to the wall." People step closer to Alex while he clears his throat and starts to read out loud.

"A Grand Festival!
Everyone is welcome!
Bring yourself to New Silvar Fort (close to New Silvar) to see all the fun and amazing tricks and things we have.
Dance shows, illusionary tricks, anything! (plus, our inn offers drinks at a reduced price)
Hurry!

"A festival at a fort? Besides, since when have we had a fort near here?", someone says with a loud enough voice for everyone to hear. ef smiles at her.
"So, are you better now?" Smiling back at her, Riibu walks down the stairs and goes next to them.
"Slightly better. This party sounds nice though, I think it would be better for me to try to get over my sudden and odd depression. But, again, since when did we have a fort near here? Is it because the empire have finally noticed our criminal doings?"
"No, no, no... It's actually a long story, but the commander of the fort is an old good friend of mine. We have nothing to worry. Except for that other drug ring..."
"Another drug ring!? What? Oh, I've missed so many things.. Darnit!" Riibu stays quiet for a while, and then says: "Have we spied that fort?" ef blinks, but tells her that no.
"Then I think.. I should go and see about it... And check this.. festival. As well." Then she leaves, feeling rather annoyed with herself.

OOC: Sorry for taking advantage of your character Alex, but yours was just so conveniently there. Oh, and I've made a little lay-out for the fort.. but it's not finished. Yet. It's over here.
And why? For those that won't be going on any missions.. they can have fun over there :) . The party is on for 4 days.
EDIT: There's some NPC's there, and, you know, if you want to know them, I'll tell.

[ Saturday, March 15, 2003 11:58: Message edited by: Riibu ]

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #59
ooc: I missed the last few pages of the last topic, but I think the clinic is open. in any case:

ic:

Dr (of dement) raphnotch mesmer, after recovering from his grievious injuries sets up shop on top of the clinic ready to provide guidance and counseling for recovering addicts in the form of mind control, brainwashing and hypnotism.

and here come the first victim, um patient...

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #60
OOC: Riibu, no advantage was taken, I offered to let people control me. Feel free to do more!

IC: Deciding to take a break from growing herbs, Alex heads off towards the New Silvar Fort.

[ Saturday, March 15, 2003 17:46: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #61
The following note was, as is usual for Ilofekh's letters, found on ef's desk. However, it was scrawled out in nothing like Ilofekh's usual neat hand, and pinned down carelessly.
"ef
made a fool of me — they are not what they claim
use great caution — watch your back
be not too quick to proceed
no time for more sorry
—ilfex"

[ Saturday, March 15, 2003 19:06: Message edited by: Sasha ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #62
OOC: My God, a criminal's life is exhausting. You grow old before your time with all that up and down and right and left.

IC:

"Mmh. Hell and damnation. Ilofekh miscalculating? Even under the guillotine his style should be up to more than that. Doesn't sound like the man I know. But oh yes, caution is necessary. I'd like to know who sent me that. Mmh..."

"Errand boy, bring this note to the liaison, will you, and thanks."

"Dear sir,
may I ask for half an hour of your valuable time? I have a matter of some urgency to bring to your notice.
ef
Management of The New Silvar Inn"

'And now I'll wait. And see.'

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #63
"Now that we have everyone here, we can go over some plans." Lethalis gets out a stick and begins to draw rough maps of the city.
At the rendezvous, Lethalis squats in the camoflaged tent with the other members of th Nightmare Squad. "Here's where the other ring appears to be centered. Unfortunately, that may have been part of a very elaborate ruse, so we will also have to make contingencies to ensure success. These two buildings here are secondary targets." Lethalis circles two more buildings that are at least a mile away from the primary target. Pointing to a spot outside the north gate, Lethalis makes some marks representing prominent landmarks. "Here is where we rendezvous if we have to scuttle the operation."

"We can be dropped via Rathlan's helicopter, go through the sewers, attempt a direct approach, or try taking the thieves' highway."

Mars frowns, "Thieves' highway?"

Namothil grins at him and says, "The roofs. They are also some of the favorite places for assassins to lurk."

"Right, but there are problems inherent in each of these plans. If we ride the chopper in, we lose the element of surprise; the sewers may be watched, it depends on whether the gang also dabbles in thievery; we run the same risk by approaching directly, especially since I'm just a bit conspicuous; the rooftops can be treacherous, and we already know that they are being watched by guardians.

"The chopper gives us direct access to our targets, and if all else fails, we can just bomb the buildings. The sewers let us come up from below and virtually ensure a clean sweep of our enemies. The direct approach doesn't have much going for it, except that we may be able to slip past anybody watching for us. The roofs let us come down on them from above, giving us the high ground and we have a much lower chance of being spotted by normal sentries. We can also split up and do the streets and sewers together. That let's us keep some people down in the sewers so that we can prevent anyone from escaping that way, and lets us move a large number of people through the streets."

"So.... what are you saying, that we are going to help plan this thing?" Mars looks a little surprised, considering how Lethalis has been running things so far.

"I'm asking for everyone's advice on the matter. I never claimed to be a military leader, I'm just the first one to take control after the inn was attacked. Besideswhich, I brought some troops with us, and I need leaders for each of the groups going in."

Wiseman's head snaps up and he says, "Wait a minute, what troops?"

"I brought about fifty swordsmen total. Fifteen of our enforcers, fifteen of the fort's amazons, ten dervishes that I'm getting on loan from Ilofekh, and ten highly capable mercs"

"I don't know how to lead troops!"

"Not everyone will have to lead a squad Wiseman, only a few of us will be leading troops. I'm counting on you and Namothil entering the city and finding your own positions tonight. Day after tomorrow, at dusk, we strike."

OOC: Yes, I'm giving up leadership for this so that I don't have to make up the whole plan. This way just about everyone gets a chance to participate, and no one will have to lead troops if they don't want to. On a side note though, I am not opposed to one of the assassins slipping in ahead of time and poisoning the other gang, although nothing too toxic, as that will tip off the people who don't eat any of the doctored food.

--------------------
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #64
Eventually, Riibu returns from the fort. She staggers a bit and almost trips when she gets back to the inn. She giggles. Apparently, the drinks have not only been cheap at price, but many as well.
"Aye, well... I eh... Hmm. *giggle* I think I'm uh drunk. Heh, I've never been that before... but you know, the guy who was waitering the drinks was so darn cute! And Alex took more than I did! The girl who waitered the drinks (no, really there was two of them), you know, she was pretty too. *pause* Not as pretty as me though. And.. I saw something.. I uh.. Hmm..."
When ef shakes her head and turns to ask some random fella, if they had gotten any messages for her yet, Riibu suddenly seems to sober up.
"I saw some guy offering people skribbane out there. He wasn't our guy", she says in a clear voice.
"I think he may have been part of that other drug-ring you mentioned earlier."

[ Sunday, March 16, 2003 08:55: Message edited by: Riibu ]

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #65
'It is all very unclear, very. I'm not even convinced that the letter is adressed to me at all.
"ef
made a fool of me..." -

did I? No, I didn't. Who brought me that letter and who should have been the recipient. Ilofekh in trouble? Maybe. So maybe I win or maybe I die. That's how it is. Though, if I go down, I will try to get my people out. We'll see.'

"Well, Riibu dear, it seems you had a good party. Better rest for a while, until you are sober again. Good night to you, my girl and thanks for informing me."

'Another possibility. He had it put here though I'm not the recipient. Informing me that he's ready to sell more than his grandmother or has already done so. Fair warning in that case. And more than I could expect.

The question simply is, do I keep a low profile or let Lethalis go on fighting. No, it's not a question. Because I already know, that I will let him go on. For better or worse. That will show.'

[ Sunday, March 16, 2003 09:52: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #66
After travelling back south, FD returns to New Silver, and searches for ef.

FD: Ef, I've "aqquired" some letters from one of our rival's towns. There adressed from General Lewis to "the Archmage," the other was a reply I managed to swipe I don't know what's on them, I haven't had time to read them.

FD: I plan on meeting up with Ragnarok and see if I can help out, unless you have any urgent tasks for me.

[ Sunday, March 16, 2003 17:26: Message edited by: Firedrake221 ]

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #67
"No, I haven't any tasks here that cannot wait. Go join Lethalis, he will make good use of you. And thanks for the messages. They are my homework now."

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #68
After several hours travel by Warhorse, FD catches up with Ragnarok in the basecamp.

FD: Tell me where and what I'm needed for.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Infiltrator
Member # 444
Profile Homepage #69
Ok, what about the old mission, as in killing all the Haakai? Anyways....

The nephil, now anticipating a battle, managed to slip into the ranks of the Nightmare Squad, acting as if he were there all along.

--------------------
JESUS FREAK
Strategy Sports at its Finest

WE CONTROL THE WAY YOU MOVE
FEAR US

Starting soon: Progress on The Hammer Falls, a fun filled BoE scenario with lots of undead to kill.

Come on, click here! Please?! PLEASE?! Here
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #70
We got all of the Haakai.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #71
OOC: Damnit, am I the only one with any care about how an operation like this is carried out? I would have thought there would have been at least one post from Lone Flame concerning the plan.

IC: Lethalis, seeing that no one was going to volunteer help, makes the decision on his own. "We will split up, hitting first the primary target and then we will regroup and split up again to take out the secondary targets.

"Wiseman, Namothil, and Firedrake will head out and do what they need to to help weaken the targets. Mars and the nephil here will lead the swordswomen and the mercs in a direct assault. That group will be the hardest for sentries to watch, but I expect those sentries to be dead before they have a chance to see them. Wiseman and Namothil will have to take care of them. Firedrake will take the enforcers and block the exits on the ground floor. That will leave me with the dervishes. The dervishes and I are the easiest to spot, so we will take the sewer route and block off any escape down there. After the fighting starts, half of the dervishes and I will enter the building from below. After that, all we need to do is work on containment."

Gesturing to the crude sketch that he had made in the dirt, Lethalis points to the eastern target. "Once the pimary target is neutralized, I will lead the dervishes, Namothil, and Wiseman to this secondary target. Everyone else will go to the western target and eliminate it. Afterwards, if we don't have to abort the mission, we rendezvous back here."

Standing up, Lethalis stretches and then sends word to the troops stationed a half mile away to move into the base camp. Seeing Wiseman, Namothil, and Firedrake still there, he growls, "Well, what are you waiting for? Get moving!"

The three warriors quickly jump to their feet and gather their equipment.

--------------------
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #72
OOC: I hope y'all took good care of my character while I was away on business. Although I'm not certain exactly what's going on, I think in a few posts I'll have it figured out(Too lazy to read the mass of posts from my last one and the summery isn't up to the detail I require.)

So, I'll have a good post in a few days or kill someone(or something) trying.

And yes I know this was one of the most useless posts in existance.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #73
Calling Namothil and Firedrake to attention, Wise Man told them his own plan: "We'll do what Leth said, but we won't travel together. We'll all go separate ways: I'll go by the roofs, and you two take separate paths. We'll meet up on a rooftop close to the south of our target."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #74
"They've turned on me, it seems."

"Ilofekh, can't you knock like a normal person?"

"I can't tell you much more than I already have, but my plans are coming tumbling down like a house of cards. The 'rival ring' isn't what it seems, but it still must be destroyed -- for entirely different reasons."

"What reasons?"

"I can't tell you. They might be listening. What I can tell you is that the headquarters of the ring is..."

"Is?"

"...the Imperial summer palace. I know for a fact they'll be convening within a week or two to discuss matters there -- where is it? Western Aizo, I believe."

"Aiejo?"

"...ah, I apologize. We pronounce the First Continent's name differently where I was brought up."

"Oh, right. That summer palace? But the Emperor had a visit planned for about that time..."

"That's the problem. This means one of two things: Either the Emperor is in on it or they plan to victimize him. Either way, it doesn't bode well. And now, I'm afraid I must be going."

"Wait, I still have to --"

Silence.

"Talking to that man feels a lot like being a leashed dog sometimes..."

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous

Pages