New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #200
After restocking his supply of razor sharp shurikens at the BMs' guild, Wise Man made it back just in time to get in the ship.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #201
Mars: Hey Wiseman, can I have some of your shurikens?
Wiseman: No!
Mars: Just one?
Wiseman: No!
Mars: Please?
Wiseman: Here, just shut up.

*Wiseman hands Mars one of his shurikens, which Mars uses to make a mold for his forge.

Mars: Catch!

*Mars throws a shuriken at Wiseman's head, which Wiseman easily catches.

Wiseman: Why did you do that?
Mars: Cause I know you can easily catch it.
Wiseman: Fair enough. Let's get going.

[ Wednesday, April 09, 2003 18:23: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #202
OOC: Are we just gonna advance the plot while we're on the boat to important parts or preferably skip the boat ride intirely or not?

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #203
[The boat ride will be a convenient place to insert filler through one way or another while I finalize details of the Aizo plot. Won't be too boring, though.]

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #204
OOC: How long does the trip to Aizo usually take? So we know how to pace the on-ship subplots. And if we should cause storms for delay.

IC: The voyage started smoothly and all was going well ... for the first 40 minutes. Barely 40 minutes out to sea the ship was passing near-by a coral reef and Alex decided to experiment with ocean life-forms.

The first experiments went just fine, - starfish that could tango and inflatable coral were great successes - but then the experiment with sea anenomes went bad. Grown to the size of a large cat, changed to live in air, and made to reproduce at an amazing rate, the anenomes were supposed to look vaugely like rakshasa and juggle, but they steadily grew more combative as they reproduced!

Suddenly, Alex found himself confronted by several giant, inteligent, violent, magically absorbant and apt anenomes that reproduced at an alarming rate! Stuggling vainly, Alex was captured by the mutant anenomes, dumbfounded to stop his magic, and hauled off into the depths of the huge luxury ship.

OOC: None of you know where I vanished to or anything about the anenomes. You can search for me, but don't find me or any of the mutants. More on this plot when we are further out to sea.

OOC2: If you search for me, Captian Ohab will reveal that his ship has been magically altered to be 3 times as big on the inside as on the outside. Which means his ship is pretty darn huge on the inside.

[ Thursday, April 10, 2003 17:16: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #205
OOC: Bloody Hell!!!
IC...

*Mars searches for his room, but after a while just pulls out his blanket and sleeps on the floor.

Mars: Ah nothing like sleeping in the stars... Darn I wish it was night. Oh well.

*Suddenly Lone Flame appears and is holding a leather jacket.

Mars: Is that the legendary jacket with infinate pocket space?
LF: It sure is. And now it's yours.
Mars: Really?!!?
LF: No. Not really.
Mars: Frell!

*LF tosses his jacket at Mars.

LF: Just kidding. Enjoy.

*Mars gets up and stuffs his current jacket and blanket in his new jacket, while LF teleports away. Then Mars goes in search of people to hang out with.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #206
OOC: Everyone else is goofing off, so it's my turn now, besides, this can be very entertaining later :D .

IC: During his ride back to New Silvar, Lethalis entertains himself by insinuating that he has an amorous relationship with at least two of the females (not necessarily human) that are either regular patrons or employees of the New Silvar Inn. During his first week of travel he had spent his time dropping little hints, and plotting how to have the most fun with his companions' gullibility. The amazonian soldiers of the fort and the enforcers all take the bait hook, line, and sinker. They spend the next week quietly debating which lucky (or maybe unfortunate, considering what Lethalis is) woman or women have managed to win Lethalis' affection.

The mercs and the dervishes for the most part, ignore Lethalis' claims of being able to dandle that many strong-willed women on his knees. Just as they were about to spoil his fun though, Lethalis takes the time to talk with each group, and convinces them not to ruin his careful work. Besideswhich, he offered them gold to keep their mouths shut about his "harmless little prank."

OOC: For those of you who are unaware of what Lethalis looks like, imagine an 8'6" tall man (he has such a severe slouch that he looks hunchbacked, and he still stands at a height of over 6' while slouching) with arms like a gorilla, a chimp's face (minus the ears), clawed hands and feet, a 5' long prehensile tail, teeth that a pirhanna would envy, and a 1' long prehensile tongue. He's the result of experimentation done by an extradimensional being upon animals. If Lethalis looked at anything with amorous intent, it would either be a bear or a gorilla (even he isn't really sure what his parent stock was). Anyhoo, this has the potential to be very funny when the rest of the Family returns to the Inn and the staff starts trying to figure out who's sneaking around with whom. Also, Lethalis hasn't considered the possible consequences of his rumor-mongering, so any sort of story could develop from this.

[ Thursday, April 10, 2003 19:42: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #207
OOC: I don't want to be on this boat as long as we took to take out our rivals at that one town. I don't think I can take a week of this boat.

FD stands on the deck of the ship, looking out into the sea, thinking about what is about to happen, and ways to make sure nothing is going wrong.

All of the sudden, the ship suddenly rocked and it sounded like the ship just got rammed by a smaller boat. Looking around the side of the boat, FD noticed nothing. Quickly running to the other side, FD looked over the edge to see a large squid type thing attack the boat. Quickly pulling out his heavy crossbow, FD fired several shots at the squid...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Apprentice
Member # 2865
Profile Homepage #208
Spider Dude, a hired hand, runs over and casts the spell Web on the monster. The monster pays little heed to the sinewy threads and quickly grabs Spider Dude. Within seconds, Spider Dude is devoured. His final phrase was heard by few.

Spider Dude: Goodbye...

Oh, and FD's attempts to save him failed. They didn't critically fail(as in Spider Dude got shot). It just happened so fast that there was nothing to be done.

[ Friday, April 11, 2003 20:04: Message edited by: Spider Dude ]

--------------------
Don't fear the end. Fear the pain that will accompany you along the way.

SPIDER: Why would I use venom to knock my prey out? It's not like I plan to eat them. I just like to watch them suffer.

Spider Dude: Anybody know who Lupus Flame(Member 347)is?

Logging off...
You have now safely shut down the Internet.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #209
Wise Man hurled a Soul Lance at the giant squid, to little effect. Then it tried to grab him, but he dodged the tentacle. The moment he got up, several sailors were devoured.

"That's it, you're not killing anymore people!" Wise Man exclaimed as he fired off a seemingly endless burst of Soul Lances at the carnivorous monster, forcing it to retreat and heavily injuring it...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #210
OOC: Are we there yet? :D

Seeing that the moster has fled, FD decides to go back to looking out at the sea...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #211
"What the hell is going on here and where is Archmage Alex? I want you all to search for him. Captain Ohab, looking for one of my crew members has made me aware of your ship's very strange proportions.
What? Magically altered size? That's what I need now.
Listen everyone. This ship's magically enlarged on the inside. Find the Archmage and report to me!"

--------------------
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 2865
Profile Homepage #212
As it turns out, Spider Dude did not die when he was eaten. Inside the monster, he is constantly casting Web spells, and trying to use them to:
1) Stop himself from being digested.
2) Climb out or be otherwise expelled.

Spider Dude: I'm still alive. Save me!

--------------------
Don't fear the end. Fear the pain that will accompany you along the way.

SPIDER: Why would I use venom to knock my prey out? It's not like I plan to eat them. I just like to watch them suffer.

Spider Dude: Anybody know who Lupus Flame(Member 347)is?

Logging off...
You have now safely shut down the Internet.
Infiltrator
Member # 444
Profile Homepage #213
The nephil, hearing the commotion up on deck, woke up from where he had stole way on the boat. He gets up and looks around.

--------------------
JESUS FREAK
Strategy Sports at its Finest

WE CONTROL THE WAY YOU MOVE
FEAR US

Starting soon: Progress on The Hammer Falls, a fun filled BoE scenario with lots of undead to kill.

Come on, click here! Please?! PLEASE?! Here
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #214
FD gets right to looking for the archmage, desending into the ship's hull. Noticing how much larger it is inside FD thinks that this won't be an easy task. Searching several rooms on one level, FD doesn't find anything. FD then desends deeper into the hull...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #215
Knowing that one would be easily lost inside the huge hull unless he/she had a map, Wise Man borrowed one from a sailor and descended to search for the archmage.

--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #216
HOORAY JE SUIS REVENU.

Everyone stares and screams.

"THROW HIM OVERBOARD!"

AHH

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #217
OOC: Why do I get the feeling this place is turning into a chaos...? Just like the other RP's, eh?

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #218
'Wise Man, I know you can hear me. Clever of you to get that map. My feeling is that he is very deep down and almost in the center. Also, there is a plant being close to him that radiates arrogance and fury. He might be a prisoner. Be careful! Try not to confront that alone.'

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #219
*Suddenly some wierd plant demon attacks Mars for no apparent reason.

Platny: Die Human!
Mars: I'm not human.
Platny: Huh?
Mars: I am a terran. A spinoff of humans. Both are basically the same. The only differences are that Terrans can slowly regenerate lost limbs, have higher drug tolerance levels, and slightly better immune systems.
Platny: I don't care! Die!!!!!!

*Mars castes Fire3 on the plant and it bursts into flames. The flaming plant lunges at Mars, but somehow manages to miss, despite the fact that it was 3 feet away from him. Eventually the plant burns to ash.

Mars: It never fails. Wherever I go something always wants to kill me. I'm gonna go hang out with Wiseman until we get where we're going.

*Mars castes Word of Recal(The modified version) and teleports to Wiseman.

Wiseman: Hey. Would you like to help me find someone?
Mars: Sure.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #220
' Oh very good. Now you are two. I think you can manage it between you. Go on with caution though. I listen and give support.'

--------------------
Polaris
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #221
Searching through the lower levels, Wiseman and Mars hear DF's horrified screams. Rushing into the room, they find only some smears of blood and a furry orange tentacle...

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #222
The orange tentacle inched out of sight, into another chamber. Wise Man and Mars followed, only to be blocked by a wall of thorny vines. They tried hacking it apart with their weapons, but to no avail. Mars tried plenty of fire magic, but the vines burned with the speed of a snail. "Now what?" He asked Wise Man.

"I still have a trick I haven't tried in years." Wise Man channeled energy onto his hands, and blades of soul energy began to form. With lightning fast movements he hacked down the barrier in a matter of minutes. "Damn, that smarts. Let's move on, but we should try to avoid these walls."

Right after they left the area, the wall grew back into place...

EDIT:
OOC: There are three main circles of blademastery: War, Thievery and Healing. WM specialized mostly in the Circle of War, with a little knowledge in Thievery and next to none in Healing. What WM just did (Soul Blade) is a skill in the Circle of Thievery, which is why he could barely hack through the wall of vines.

[ Monday, April 14, 2003 13:30: Message edited by: Chemical Wise Man ]

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #223
FD hearing follows the sounds of the fighting until he finds a wall of plants.

FD: Hmmmm... let's try this...

FD steps back and begins casting a Flame Wave spell. The wall begins to move, as if to attack FD but it's too late and FD sends a wall of fire tearing through the wall. Quickly moving through, he catches up to Wiseman and Mars.

OOC: I know magic, but I rarely use it, instead using my stealth and physical powers.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #224
And so the three had come before the towering, waving sea anemone, huge and deadly and yet so strangely beautiful. Somewhere within her mass of moving tentacles glimpses of cloth and skin showed where the Archmage struggled for life. Weakened, as the faint gurgling sound coming from him did not indicate strength any more. Wise Man caught his breath. It was high time.

--------------------
Polaris

Pages