New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #25
OOC: I had been under the impression that there were only five or six henchmen with the leader.

IC: Finally all of the thugs and would-be toughs are down; killed or crippled, depending on who hit them. Lethalis walks around and searches the corpses. Only gold and pictures of several members of the ring are found. One of the pictures includes ef, who has never been associated with the ring in a way that could be traced back to her.

"This is bad." mutters Lethalis. "We need to increase the number of body guards. Someone get to work on assigning a regular guard shift around here! As Aloreal has disappeared, I will be taking command of the guards and Nightmare Squad until his return. Namothil! Get out there and see if you can find out who set these guys on us!" Tired of yelling over the screams coming from the man who's hip he had shattered, Lethalis throws him to one of the healers. "Heal him, I need information.

"Rathlan! I need you to get in contact with the gnomes again. Someone has taken our miners and enslaved them, and I can't think of anyone better suited to sabotaging the mines so that we will still be able to rescue our miners.

"Mars, I want you to get {sorry but I forgot Ouroborus' character's name} back here. He's off on his own and we need him back with the Nightmare Squad. Try to break it to him gently that his nephil friend is dead."

OOC: Sorry Ouroborus, but I need to clean out the non-essential characters. I want to ensure that the only active characters will be PCs. Inactive characters, such as guards, medics, and miners, etc can be given over to whoever happens to need extra bodies, but please, no player parties, only PCs.

[ Tuesday, March 11, 2003 17:04: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #26
OOC: haha, i actually remembered my icon for once!

IC:
The Nightmare squad regrouped at the front door of the Inn after the assault ended.

"Y'all can go inside and rest," Wise Man said, panting but ready to leave. "I'll try to get some help from the Blademasters' Guild."

After leaving a note for Ef saying so, he left for the Guild...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #27
*After much searching Mars finds Ouroboros.

Ouroboros: Who are you?
Mars: I am Mars, I have been sent to deliver a message to you from the wise one.
Ouroboros: Wise one?
Mars: That blademaster ninja/monk type guy.
Ouroboros: Oh, what is the message?
Mars: Return to the base, and he also wished to pass his condolences(SP?) on what happened to your Nephil friend.
Ouroboros: What happened?
Mars: Well, he died.
Ouroboros: He died?!!?
Mars: Anyway, we must return. I'm going back with or without you, but I'd prefer to do it with you, since divided we are easy to defeat.
Ouroboros: Fine, I'll go.
Mars: Good. Now I'm going to conceal myself, that away if we get attacked we can take them by suprise, since none of these foes no of me.
Ouroboros:Fine

*Mars castes a stealth spell. And the 2 of them return to the NSI.

[ Tuesday, March 11, 2003 18:49: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #28
After questioning the survivor, Lethalis has him released, and then has Aria follow him from above while invisible. Within a couple of hours, she has identified the men who were sent to take care of the would-be assassin. After the poor man is finally killed, Aria follows the other three to another location, and begins to make a list of the people she recognizes, and gives descriptions of the men that had killed the thug. A few of the people who enter and leave the building are employed by the Family, and she notes them as well.

Meanwhile, FD221 has managed to deliver his news to EF and Lethalis. The names of the men and women who have some more dirt on Ilofehk (sorry if I messed that up, I can't remember the liason's name), including some rather inappropriate relationships (according to the empire) with non-humans.

Several of the soldiers from the fort are beginning to undergo treatment for skribbane addiction, and it is coming along well. ADoS has managed to come up with a remarkably affective treatment, breaking the addiction 75% of the time. Alex has opened a shop to sell his milk shakes, and is doing very good business since he keeps his prices just a little bit over cost, and can keep the shakes cold with magic.

Lady Athron and Motrax wander off together and have a long discussion about the museum's future, or lack thereof. The few people who visited it apparently did not care for the subject matter, and have told others not to go see it. The dragons are faced with the dilemma of trying to cater to the public and keep from going over budget.

Rathlan, who has gotten in contact with the gnomes, brings back good news. "I will be able to get some gnomish saboteurs into the mines within a week."

"Good job. Could you talk to EF now? She needs you to make a delivery for Rosycat. Riibu has sent a message that she needs to drop off her report, so you'll have to see to that while you are in the area of Light Bridge" Lethalis turns back to his other reports and gets back to work.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #29
Mars: Alright, I've been fair enough. I've helped you out, but I want to know what's going on. If someone doesn't tell me I shall leave.

(after hearing Lethalis explain the situation)

Mars: I see. Clearly I have found a interesting opportunity here. I think I shall stay and help out.

OOC: Mars has no knowledge of the character Lone Flame nor any other NSI happenings, but he does now(to an extent, thanks in part to the summery page, which was bit more vague than I had hoped it would be, however, I can work with what I know, I think,) Also, might I suggest we cut down on using our signatures, that away we can cram more into a page, so when we happen to come across another page deletion glitch we'll lose a lot more.

[ Wednesday, March 12, 2003 08:29: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #30
"Thank you, Rathlan, yes, if you deliver the skribbane to Lightbridge and keep your eyes and ears open while you do that, you greatly help me. And thank you again for bringing in the gnomes. Their support is invaluable.

Carolyn's fort might be a godsend. Her amazons are terrible warriors, though much more than that. They are extremely practical women with a wide range of talent and knowledge spread among them. If you deem it necessary you can draw on their resources, their advice and help. Try them."

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #31
On the way to the Blademaster's Guild, Wise Man was ambushed by a party of 10 from the rival gang.

"You'll pay for maulin' ma bro like that," the party shouted before they all charged into battle.

Wise Man knew that he alone can never face 10 strong warriors out in the open. But knowing that he's barely within sight of the NSI, he decides to fight and try his luck; hopefully there's a member of the Nightmare Squad nearby...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #32
*Mars decides to get to know the surrounding area, since he was going to be there awhile. He comes across Wiseman. Then Mars kills one of the 7(yes, WM killed a few of them before Mars got there).

Mars: Need some help?

Wiseman: Sure.

*Mars and Wiseman engage the remaining 6 in combat.
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #33
"What the hell are you doing here? The army of New Exile will not be brought under an Imperial ruler!"

"We are no Imperials, your generalship. We are acting in our own interests, and that of the world. What would you say if I were to tell you that we could start a new empire -- with New Exile as its capital province?"

"You're mad. The world is better-off as it is."

"Your soldiers disagree. And so do mine. Goodbye, General Hellam."

[ Wednesday, March 12, 2003 17:39: Message edited by: Sasha ]

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #34
*Mars castes a haste spell, but nothing happens. Then Mars readies a fireball, but it fades away. Mars pulls out his daggers.

Mars: I've got a bad feeling about this...

*Mars slits one guy's throat, and stabs another. Wiseman throws some (whatever he throws) at 3 of the assasins, killing them.

Wiseman: 2 of them and 2 of us.

Mars: Yeah, too easy.

*Wiseman impales an assasin. Then Mars throws a dagger at the last one, killing him.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #35
OOC: shurikens, LF! shurikens!

IC:
Thanking Mars, the two headed to the Guild together. On the way, Wise Man told Mars that he will have to wait outside, as non-Blademasters were not allowed to go beyond the lobby area...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #36
*Mars pulls out his iPod and starts listening to "Shimmer" by Fuel and due to his inability to just listen to the music and not sing it, everyone else in the lobby here it(though not anywhere near as well as it's supposed to sound)

Some guy: Shut up!

(many death threats later)

*Mars stops singing to the song.

Some chick: Thank the gods, the torment has ended.

[ Wednesday, March 12, 2003 18:19: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #37
After doing a thorough personnel search, Wise Man found that only a few new Blademasters were available on-call. He made a request for them to guard the NSI, then exited to meet Mars.

"Where's the assistance?" Mars asked the moment he saw Wise Man.

"There will be five new Blademasters patrolling the area starting tomorrow." With that, the two returned to the inn...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #38
*Mars castes a fireball spell and destroys a tree.

Mars: Interesting. I wonder why it stopped working in that fight... Must have been and antimagic cloud, I'd better practice my daggers more, in case that happens again.

*Mars practices fighting with his daggers for a while. Then he goes inside.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #39
OOC: Please guys, no random battles that begin right after the last fight ended. It makes it hard to actually get to the meat of the RP. It also becomes a sort of graphicly violent spam if it happens too often.

IC: Working with EF's spymaster, Lethalis begins to work out a plan on how to expose the Dragon Maw cartel to someone higher up in the government than Ilofehk. In a way that will make the common people cry out for the cartel's blood.

--------------------
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #40
OOC: How bout we kill a whole bunch of innocent villagers and then plant all sort of evidence that link it to the rival cartel?
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #41
OOC: I may be a skribbane dealer, but I'm no mass murderer.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #42
OOC: One key assassination of someone loved by the people, or something that links Dragon Maw to a child brothel, or setting it up so that Dragon Maw takes the fall for an open battle in one of the cities. That was along the lines I was thinking of.

--------------------
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #43
OOC: Works for me. Mostly cause it's so similar to what I suggested, only better. Now to see what ef thinks...

*LF smacks Ragnarok for his false advertising link.

[ Thursday, March 13, 2003 08:18: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #44
OOC: If you want my honesty I will have to quote Ragnarok's signature:
Side effects may include: ...nausea, vomiting...
I cannot change your fascination with blood and destruction, so do something useful and bring down a child brothel (though I'm not sure if such things are permitted by the CoC)

OOC: Ouroboros, your nephil died. Read previous posts for explanation.

[ Thursday, March 13, 2003 09:50: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 444
Profile Homepage #45
Umm, where's Drakey?

The nephil pulls up past the inn, noticing all the blood on the ground. With keen outdoor lore, he starts to track the blademasters.

--------------------
JESUS FREAK
Strategy Sports at its Finest

WE CONTROL THE WAY YOU MOVE
FEAR US

Starting soon: Progress on The Hammer Falls, a fun filled BoE scenario with lots of undead to kill.

Come on, click here! Please?! PLEASE?! Here
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #46
Namothil slipped back into the inn, after having spent hours visiting information dealers, and scouting around on his own. He walked over to Lethalis to report.

"Not much information readily available. Either this group is staying hidden, or they've bribed the local information brokers to stay quiet. They appear to have a facility of some sort outside of town, though. I counted six guards at the door, four pairs patrolling the perimeter. No information on the interior, but it's large enough to house at least three times what they had outside. Two suspicious looking statues just inside the front doors. I observed no movement, but I suspect golems.

He unrolled a city map. "The building is located here. Additionally, some of the brokers I could persuade to talk mentioned rumors of a wizard involved in this ring. Aside from the possible golems, I saw no evidence for that, but it should be considered in any planned assault."

OOC: Been busy with exams lately (Note: The recent visitors listing is not accurate for me - I leave a browser window with these message boards open fairly often, even when I'm not really at my computer.) Spring break next week, but I won't have reliable internet access for most of it.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #47
FD: From what I've collected, the rival gang is connected to the slith archmage Renar'thal. He somehow came from Exile, and not much is known about his past. His base of operations is a small town north of here. I'm going to go do more spying to find out more.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #48
"My dear ef:
General Hellam, a figure loathed by the army of Exile but loved by its beauracrats and people -- and the man responsible for the army of New Exile -- has been assassinated. The job was done in a professional fashion, and I have reason to suggest a man below him hired an assassin to remove him.
In any case, this death is tremendously expedient in some ways, and tremendously inexpedient in others. His successor, General Lewis, has a much harsher view of skribbane than his successor did. Unfortunately, the direst option is not a possibility, as Lewis has quite the silver tongue. The army and the populace alike revere him, and his popularity is staggering.
However, his investigation of Hellam's death has been conducted in a quick, imprecise, and wrathful fashion. It would be a trivial issue to reliably pin the death of General Hellam on the skribbane ring you plan to eliminate, as Lewis will surely destroy them.
Should you declare your martial wing to be a private vigilante force brought together to eliminate them, I doubt that any thought will be given to it.
--Ilofekh
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #49
"Will one of you errand boys - yes you - take this letter to the liaison? Thank you."

Dear friend,
this is good and desastrous news, depending how I look at it. Thank you for taking the time to show me a path I feel I can easily follow.
As always,
ef

"Lethalis, policies have to change after this assassination. We will have to be extremely careful as to how and when we distribute. Also you are of now my official private army sent out to destroy all skribbane rings for the sake of the country. No enmity, no competition - we simply fight the evil, supporting our new army leader as best we can. Spread that around, will you, so that everybody knows it."

--------------------
Polaris

Pages