New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #375
OOC: Alright, so we get the hell out.

IC:
Wise Man loaded his autocrossbow again. "Don't worry about me, I'll cover for y'all!"

EF hesitated. "But-"

"GO! I'll make it to the ship in one piece!"

The crew ran for the ship, with Wise Man holding off the swarms of bats. After making sure the crew is almost inside the ship, Wise Man reloaded the autocrossbow completely, and pulled the trigger back with a piece of rope. He hurled it into the air, dodged a few bats trying to dive onto him, then made a run for it. He leapt onto the ship just in time, barely able to reach a guardrail in the stern, with one outstretched hand. The blademaster fought off the chasing bats with his trusty, slender shortsword until they gave up the chase. He sheathed the weapon, and climbed onto the ship. Close call, he thought...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #376
"Who did what?"
"Seems to be the ring the Slith was squirreling out with his own false ring. Incompotent assassin that didn't deserve to escape with his life."
"I see."
"If my guess is correct, we'll have no difficulties tracking them down. They went about the First Continent like a three-ring circus; they basically left a green, glowing trail everywhere they went."
"And where are they going now?"
"We can't tell for certain. But reports from the local trawlers have circulated, and I get the general idea that our heroes are heading for the rebellion's hotspot."
"Trouble must love company. Send a flotilla and a division of Imperial Marines. We'll swiftly--"

*Scene: A map room. A man in resplendent splint mail is speaking with a man in robes. Both wear crowns; one wears a heavy iron crown over his helmet, and the other wears a thin gold circlet in his bare hair. Cracks of what seem to be localized thunder shriek throughout the surroundings. The gold-crowned man rears back in horror.*

Gold-Crown: What in blazes? I thought you said they were gone!
Iron-Crown: Your Majesty, I have no more idea about this than you do.
*The door bursts open. A black figure, radiating pure despair, steps through the archway. Iron-Crown pulls out a gleaming sword, and His Majesty begins fingering a pendant on his neck*
His Majesty: What is the meaning of this, Lewis? Destroy this monstrosity?
*A familiar voice responds.*
Ilofekh: Forgive me, Your Majesty, for what I must do.
*A brilliant blue flash comes from the dark shape, followed by a rolling blast. The Emperor shrieks in agony as a blast of sonic energy tears through his left side, ripping off his arm and breaking open his ribcage. A second blast pulverizes his head and sends him backwards into the wall.*
General Lewis: Traitor! Die!
Ilofekh: Shut up, Lewis. I'd choose better words to take to the grave if I were you.
*Lewis shrieks and takes a swipe at Ilofekh with his sword. Ilofekh merely sidesteps it and throws something at the general.*
Lewis: What the --
*Lewis catches it, and looks down. He sees the warm weapon which put an end to the Emperor's life in his left hand.*
Ilofekh: Congratulations, Lewis. You're a grand treasonist. Your goon squad is waiting for you.
Lewis: Goon... squad?
Ilofekh: Yes. Soldiers who, under your orders, forcefully disbanded the royal guard and executed the royal family.
Lewis: No... no...
*Lewis drops to his knees, holding the weapon. He looks up at the benighted figure.*
Lewis: Why?
Ilofekh: Things change, General Lewis. Things change.
*The liasion pats General Lewis on the head and dissapears into occluding, icy mist.*

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #377
OOC: Ooh, dirty politics! Now that just begs for a vicious, blood-thirsty anti-hero. Unfortunately, Lethalis isn't blood-thirsty anymore. Oh well.

IC: Bolting up with a start, Lethalis feels ef's silent command. Then he groans and clutches his head, feeling the massive hangover slam into his skull. Groaning, Lethalis lurches to his feet. Red veins run all the way across the surface of his eyes. His head pounds, and every sound makes it worse. He slowly staggers out of his room, looking for one of the healers that worked at the inn. Then he remembers that the healer is on the other side of the building and down two flights of stairs. He lurches back to his bed and collapses, waiting for the pain to stop.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #378
After a full day and a half of travel, Firedrake arrives at the besieged city of Coronis. Sneaking through the blockade, and climbing over the city walls, FD manages to get in.

He quickly moves to get into the City Hall. Earlier, he talked to his associates. He arranged for several hundred soldiers to move to assist in the evacuation. Hopefully, the leaders would let him in to talk.

"Hope the others got out of the city ok," FD thinks. And with that he enters the City Hall.

A meeting is going on when FD enters. Several guards move to attack, unsure of who FD is.

FD: I am no enemy, but a friend. I'm here to help...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #379
(On the ship fleeing the bats)

Alex addressed the group, "Before we fled, I was able to tell that many of the bats were just summoned constructs and that the rest were charmed."

"What does it mean?" ef asked?

"It means," Alex replied, "that our enemy either employs a great many mages or a vastly powerful archmage. I did not have time to analyze the spells to see if one mage did it or many, so I don't know which."

ef responds, "Well, it is good to know some of what we are up against. If we encounter any other magical problems try to find out if it is one mage or several."

The ship continues on to Coronis as the group ponders this revelation.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #380
Mars: So, let's see here. I have 3 Aces and 2 kings.
LF: And I have 4 kings and an ace. I win.
Mars: Dang it.
LF: Wanna play again?
Mars: Sure.

(After some bets, drawing, and raising)

Mars: I've got three 5s and two 4s.
LF: Royal Flush.
Mars: You cheating son of a...

*Mars throws a dagger at Lone Flame's chest and it goes right into his heart.

LF: Ow! That bloody hurt. Why did you do that?
Mars: I don't care if we aren't betting, no one cheats me at cards.

*LF pulls the dagger out of his chest and his wound regenerates. Then LF gives Mars the finger and wonders off to the deck. LF makes his way to a pretty scenic spot on the deck and pulls a fold out chair from his jacket and puts it together. Then LF sits and stares at the view.

LF: I wonder what the powers that conspire against my friends want and why they are doing the things they are.

*A person appears behind LF.

Cyan: That's a good mystery.
LF: Yeah. I know... Wait a sec.

*LF turns and sees his old rival Cyan.

LF: How did you get here?
Cyan: Same way you did. I'm here to seek your help in a quest of great importance to slay a very evil creature and restore my place and yours in the land of the ascended.
LF: What about the years of hatred between the 2 of us?
Cyan: Well, I've had much time to think, and I realized that I wasted so much of my life fighting with you and in the process I hurt so many people. I want to return to being the guy who does the right thing, like I was back in days of the demonic invasions of our world. Besides you and your friends have already begun this quest. So, all I'd be is another adventurer who's jioned the cause.
LF: Well, you'll have to ask our leader if you can jion. Personally, I could care less either way, although your powers could be a useful, though temporary addition to the fight.

OOC:
Man, that was long. Hopefully, I can remove Cyan and LF from the RP after this mission is over. And they can return to the floating island of mandango... er, I mean, the ascended plains and bother no one ever again.

[ Monday, May 05, 2003 19:24: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #381
"Coronis! But that doesn't look too well. The harbour is under siege.

Captain, I don't want to meet with all those imperial vessels. Though we have a stealth spell around us, we better try to stay on the safe side. How well do you know these waters? We should be able to hide from all eyes, if we got out close to those rock cliffs. Is that possible?"

"Ai, madam, it is."

"Great, then we sail there. The stealth spell will stay on you and your crew, while you wait for us."

"Guys, we are too many to travel unnoticed. It will have to be 'invisibility' for all of us. As soon as we are ashore, we start moving towards Coronis. See what we'll find there. Keep your eyes open for Firedrake. He's around somewhere."

[ Tuesday, May 06, 2003 09:00: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #382
Meanwhile, in Coronis city hall...

Firedrake: I've pulled some strings and managed to get some allies to help us out. I've gotten the remaining Wyrm riders of the North to help us, (their town was destroyed by Lewis), and also soldiers from the nearby towns of Kerli and Trenor. Also several hundred elites from Waylan are moving to cover our retreat.

Ryan (Mayor of Coronis): Once they punch a gap in the rear of the General's blockade, we can evacuate.

Herrald (Captain of the Guard): We have several hundred men here, holding the city. Our walls are beginning to weaken, so me and Commander Wells will go to the main gate and fight them off.

(Wells and Herrald leave.)

Firedrake: I'll go to the gate and help. Try to hurry up with the evacuation. Good Luck.

Firedrake then moves to guard the main gate of the city...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #383
"There we are. Archmage, you are probably most sensitive when it comes to magical interferences. Tell me what you are aware of while we approach the town. -

Mmh. I get the impression that the invaders are being attacked from the rear. Interesting. Boys, we go join the good cause. And just for fun, we stay invisible. Get ready, everyone and on!"

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #384
"Then we shall go." Wise Man readied his glaive, and cloaked himself. "You can see me, but I'm invisible to them."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #385
*Sigh* Bored.

Hey, how close is the New Silvar Inn where my new character might show up to the current location of everyone else?

btw-If my character gets a high level of experience, will you allow him to use Brain Crush?
Brain Crush is a heavy perception skill that heavily damages, curses, slows, dumbfounds, weakens, and drains 50% of the xp of a single enemy. This perception skill, of course, damages the perceptor, as well as draining his energy and giving him a very weak curse.

[ Wednesday, May 07, 2003 16:35: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #386
OOC: i will consider it, just to save the others brain juice. but the chance is remote.

come to think about it, i forgot to mention an Elite Blademaster's ability, the Energy Web. it's sorta like an ensnaring spell, it's barely visible as a flat, fast-moving faint glob (think of a large mesh of rope coming at you, only it's energy and barely visible). it can only be dispelled by another Energy Web. the colour and mesh pattern EWs is a form of signature for an Elite Blademaster; the colour is visible to all, but only an Elite Blademaster can make out the 'energy mesh'.

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #387
If I need to, I will tell all of the perception skills Rojhiniok(my merchant's cover name, I like this one.) knows. He already knows all of them, but only has enough experience for Confuse.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #388
Remembering ef's message, Lethalis begins looking through the files that the Family keeps on all of the employees that aren't part of the core Family members. Pulling out about 4 dozen names, he jots down some quick information about each one. After re-sealing the secret chamber, Lethalis heads back up to his room and orders some strong tea and lots of food. Then Lethalis calls in a few of his hand-picked enforcers, who owe loyalty to no one save him. "I have a job for you people..."

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #389
OOC: I was going to post this several hours ago, but got sidetracked. I'm just glad no one has started anythin. Anyway, here it is.

IC:
*LF and Cyan find Mars and together they get together and plan out their part of the operation.

LF: Alright. What we're gonna do is go invisible and sneak our way to the city.
Cyan: Can we kill off a few random soldiers that wondered off from the rest of their group?
LF: I guess so. It would help, although it might reveal that we're here, but it doesn't really matter cause they'll notice we're there soon enough.
Mars: What condition is the city in?
LF: It's been under siege for a while. I'd say we're gonna have to hurry if we want to get there before it's walls are destroyed. Before we go, I want both of you to equip these on both arms.

*Mars grabs some wristblade armbands from LF's jacket. LF, Mars, and Cyan put them on.

Cyan: What in the hell are these?
Mars: They're wristblade armband. Put'em on, push the gem, and the blade pops out.
Cyan: Cool. My turn to contribute.

*Cyan pulls out 3 amulets from his robes. Mars, Cyan, and LF put the amulets on.

Mars: Very nice looking. What do they do?
Cyan: When you say the word "Pantera", they make you invisible.
LF: You listen to that band way too much.
Cyan: Yeah, I know. Anyway. Flame, what are you going to contribute?

*LF pulls out 6 small orbs, 2 blue, 2 red, 2 cyan. Then he places one of each color in a room on the ship. Then he gives one to Cyan and another to Mars.

Cyan: What do these do?
LF: They're teleportation devices. If things get too dicy, we can use them to return to the ship. Just say GWAR to activate them.
Mars: And you're complaining about Cyan's obsession with Pantera. Now that we're situated, let's go and see if we can catch up with everyone else, since they were smart enough to prepare before we got to shore, and thus left before we even got started. We're gonna have to hurry if we want to catch up with them in time.

*After much marching and occasionaly killing a stray soldier or 2, Mars, LF, and Cyan arrive at the city and jion the others to help evacuate.

[ Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:46: Message edited by: Lord Lone Flame ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #390
Meanwhile, at the city gates, a battle was raging. Archers shot arrows, and a great ram rammed the gate.

FD: That gates going to go down soon! Lets get ready for a fight!

And then, the gates fell, and heavy melee combat ensued, FD and the others held ground in hope help would arrive soon.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #391
Wise Man dashed towards the gate at amazing speed, and arrived in record time - far ahead of the others. He reached for the shurikens, and wreaked havoc in the enemy ranks. 30 had died by his shurikens before the cloaking faded and they realised what was going on. He got out his glaive, and fought his way to FD...

[ Thursday, May 08, 2003 11:33: Message edited by: Metaphysical Wise Man ]

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #392
*LF pulls out his broadsword, while Cyan pulls out his lead pipe... er, I mean, staff, and Mars pulls out his daggers.

Cyan: We made it, time to kill some people.
Mars: And if we fail in our attempt to save these people, may we die honorable deaths.
Cyan: Speak for yourself, LF and I are already dead.

*LF blasts 21 soldiers with a Firestorm spell.

Mars: What do ya know, you can actually kill 21 people with that spell.

*Cyan freezes 8 soldiers. Mars stabs one soldier, while slitting the throat of another. Wiseman decipitates a soldier.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #393
Alex rushes up and down the line of people evacuating the city, blasting any enemies that come near.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #394
Sullust stands behind the other fighters, far away from the massive battle. Using his abilities he carefully deflects the enemy weapons from wounding any of the innocents. However, his actions have not gone unnoticed. A single arrow, true in aim, glides through the air towards him.
Just as it is about to strike a breeze passes Sullust's face; the arrow falls to the ground split into pieces. A shuriken lies next to its remains.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #395
The shuriken read, Look around before you cast a channeling spell, brother. - Wise Man

It's one of his pre-inscribed shurikens.

Chuckling, Sullust took his advice, then recast the spell.

Wise Man fought on at the flank, holding his ground between the main fight and the supporting casters...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #396
Cyan: Mars, Cover the people fleeing. Flame, You and I will attack the enemy forces.

Mars & LF: Got it.

*Mars rushes to the fleeing masses and summons hordes of monsters to act as body shields. LF and Cyan rush the enemy lines. Cyan freeze 2 soldiers. A soldier stabs Cyan in the chest and removes his blade. Cyan's wound heals, while Cyan tosses the soldier into some other soldiers. Several archers shoot Cyan with arrows, while mages blast at him with fireballs

Cyan: It'll take more than that to stop me.

*LF is surrounded by soldiers and they hack him to pieces. Then LF appears next to the soldiers.

LF: Um, you missed.

*LF decapitates a soldier and blinds another with a fireball spell. A fleeing townsperson is hit with an arrow. Mars pulls it out and heals the person. Then Mars summons more monsters to shield the people.

[ Thursday, May 08, 2003 17:42: Message edited by: Lord Lone Flame ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #397
Firedrake keeps on fighting, holding of the enemy the best he can, when all of the sudden, the others from the Inn appear. After an intense combat, the attackers turn and flee!

FD: Everyone! Nows our chance to escape! Everyone retreat!

FD Walks up to Wiseman and says

FD: We'll talk later at the meeting in Kerli. Let's get outta here.

And so the remaining survivors of the attack flee the city.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #398
Sullust: I'm going to stay here for a bit longer. I'll catch up with you later.

Wiseman: Alright Sullust, be careful.

FD: Do you realize that they will be returning with more troops in a few days?

Sullust: I have considered that. I intend to slow them down so that you have more time. Don't worry, I'll be fine.

FD: I appreciate your efforts. I do hope that you manage to meet up with us later.

The group leaves and Sullust heads to a small guard tower in the center of the town. After climbing to the top he summons all of his energies. Using his kinetic powers he fixes the walls and gate of the town as best he can. It is an extremely taxing effort. Sullust faints.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #399
LF: I think I'll stay here with Sullust. 2 can do far more than 1.

Mars: Go right ahead. Me and Cyan will stay with the others in case they have more troops elsewhere.

LF: Good idea.

*LF returns to the city and finds that Sullust has collapsed. LF summons a few sliths to guards Sullust, while LF scouts the area.

Pages