New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #300
Wise Man managed to take the rest down with shurikens before they got too far. He thanked them for the much-needed assistance. Alex cleaned off the scene with some fire and water spells, so nobody would know.

"Now, I could use some privacy with my mother," Wise Man suggested when the four just stood there.

Wise Man lit a bit of incense, and bowed three times. He then set the incense down in a container (I don't know what you call them, but you sit them upright). The flowers had a slight stain of blood, but at least they weren't destroyed in combat.

"I have grown, mother. The Guild treated and trained me well." He began, in a voice just soft enough so that the others couldn't hear, yet loud enough so that he felt someone next to him would hear. "Your last wish was for me to rid the world of Old Kalnus, my supposed stepfather, for he was the one who raped and murdered you when I was young. From your diary that you left for me, I have learned the numerous inhuman deeds he had committed, supposedly for the family, but obviously for power. Rest assured, mother, that I will avenge the deaths of you, father and all the men, women and children he had killed and maimed. I will succeed."

Wise Man left her mother's grave, to find the four eavesdropping. Heaving a sigh, Wise Man took out one of those MIB things (you know, the memory erasing things), and pressed one of the buttons, emptying their minds of what he had said just a few minutes ago. "Y'all were cleaning up the mess, and heard nothing. Now let's go back."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #301
*Wiseman is lagging a little behind the others, half-lost in thought, when he hears a whispering, confident voice.*
???: I can help you, you know.
Wiseman: What? Who's there?
???: I am a shadow. Nothing more, nothing less. I imagine you know a Kalnus... unfondly.
Wiseman: How did you --
???: Quiet. He is connected with an enemy group of your -- associates. You will encounter him when you move next.
Wiseman: How did you know about my -- associates?
???: The walls have eyes, friend, and I see through them. The walls have ears, friend, and I hear through them. I am everywhere and nowhere... and you will no sooner be rid of me than you shall your shadow.
Wiseman: But shadows only show their faces in the light of day...
???: Perhaps you are closer to your stepfather than you thought.
Wiseman: What the hell do you mean?
*He turns around to walk towards the voice, but he finds nothing. What he does find, however, is an envelope in his hand where he did not see one before.*

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #302
OOC: Oh, very nice, you're still trying to make it possible for your character to eventually becaome a dragon rider, aren't you? Drop the whole Kogan thing. In this realm, dragons are few and far between, and they let no one ride them without extremely good cause.

If you want to go with the name Tempest, I certainly hope you don't plan on using anything other than a few small spells that affect air and water (although I would not disapprove of a single shocking or electrical based spell). You are to refrain from combat until someone else gives you the go-ahead, and then you will keep your character's actions within the realm of an apprentice wizard (no lightning bolts or hail storms). If someone disables your character in one of their posts, he will remain disabled until helped, and even then, he may do no combat until at least two people have posted since your character was aided.

OOC2: I thought this one was supposed to be more about the plottings of an ambitious general and the political entanglements of the Emperor, not a hack and slash combat-intensive adventure. Not to jump down anyone's throat here, but this one has been interesting, even without the combat.

IC: Lethalis looks down at the small boy on the other side of Aloreal's desk. "So you wish employment with a decent wage, right?" The youth nods his head. "You said you had been learning with the Storm Magi back in Avernum? Well, I have a need for one with the talents of a weather witch. There are some plants that an associate of mine was working with. He wanted me to conduct an experiment to determine what the best growing conditions are for these plants. I haven't had time to start the experiment yet, and he had really wanted this done before he returned from Aizo." Lethalis touches the crystal medallion he is wearing, his eyes unfocus momentarily. An aide walks in the room. Gesturing at the youth, Lethalis says, "Take young Tempest here to the Krib study, and have one of the mages remove the stasis spell from the room." Turning to Tempest, Lethalis says, "Once the stasis spell has been removed, you'll have to make sure that the plants are being cared for appropriately. We don't have enough to let the whole study group die from drowning or thirst."

OOC: No, I don't expect you to actually know the water requirements of Skribbane or to give me a detailed list of what you are doing. I only expect that you show that you can operate in a non-violent manner in an RP. The experiments shouldn't take up more than a two or three hours of the day each day for your character, so there are all sorts of things you can do besides just watering skribbane plants (which, Lethalis carefully kept your character from realizing, due to the fact that Skribbane is, in fact, illegal in the Empire). Just make sure that you mention something about the experiment every once in a while.

[ Tuesday, April 29, 2003 17:50: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #303
*Mars casts a healing spell on himself.

Mars: That's strange. If you require me, I'll be at the bar.

*Mars staggers away from the Graveyard. After some covering several feet, Mars falls to the ground, but quickly gets back on his feet. Mars stumbles into the bar, sits down, and orders a drink.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #304
OOC: If someone doesn't come up with a plot soon, I'm going to go ahead and make it up myself.

Firedrake returned to the inn to get some rest, and figure out a way to get that reward the councilman was hiding...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #305
*Zephyr Tempest leaves.*

*Another Zephyr Tempest comes in.*

Zephyr:I am a disciple warrior of the Council of Rojhin(Roh-zhin, zh as in the ge in barrage.).
*Everyone notices he has a 6-foot javelin, while he's not quite 5 feet.* I am what you would call a paladin.The spells I know are; Air: West Blast(Calls in the west wind to barely damage several targets.), Water: Water Form(Renders all attacks upon caster 50% blocked,and allows the caster to water walk, for a limited time.). I am quick, but strike slowly, I am only a beginner in mellee(takes off part of javelin, revealing a six foot sword and a "javelin" case.). May I join?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #306
OOC: No, Zephyr, you may not. Ragnar gave you an opportunity to write stories, and he would have reacted to them and interacted with you. He is one of the best writers on the board, so learning from him is an honour, and not a punishment, as you seem to think. You cannot play this kind of game without the ability to write small story lines that are in tune with those of other players and interact with them.

You are obviously only interested in battles. That is not enough. I'm sorry.

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #307
I'm writing a story, it's called Age of Chaos, although I'm writing it at school(I'm 11), but I still have good progress, even though I haven't gotten to work on it for a long time. I wish I could work on it more :( .

By the way, Rojhins don't have "weather witches."
One of the few groups that do have them that I know of are Kogans, too bad.
And Kogan Weather WIZARDS don't ride dragons.
But if you won't let me use a Kogan, you will not get a Weather Wizard from me.

[ Thursday, May 01, 2003 17:18: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Dragonmaster ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #308
OOC: $5 says the unfinished, 'Crusade of Blades' is a better one, but it doesn't matter, cause I have a 5 year edge on you.

Which reminds me, I need to read books(so I can have more stuff to use in my story)

IC:

*Mars gets up and staggers from the bar to find ef.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #309
OOC: Imagine that instead of writing it yourself, you shared the writing of your story with a few friends of yours. You start it and after a while hand it on to a friend. Now he does not like what you came up with, does not react to it and starts a story of his own. Then comes the next guy. That one does not bother to read what you both wrote, just knows this is about dragons and starts to write about dragons. You'll never get a story that way.

But it is possible and famous authors have done it. An RP is such a shared writing. It is something special that needs practise.

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #310
Treat me with more respect, I'm equal, not an insect, even though my hands are withered. They're not even able to make a fist without shaking(with agony, probably, I'm not sure.). And you wanna know how smart I am? Approx. 95% of all 5th graders(I'm a fifth grader.) test with lower scores than me, and if I'm lying, may this typing change into chinese/german.
I can post what part of The Age of Chaos I have here when school's out.

[ Thursday, May 01, 2003 17:29: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Dragonmaster ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #311
Zephyr, a few things you seem to have missed:
1. You ARE being treated with respect.
2. Stop making references to your problems. Whether you have them or not, there is a tendency to regard people who constantly mention such things online as liars. Why? Because there are a number of people online who pretend (with varying degrees of success) to suffer from various disabilities.
3. Don't boast about test scores. They're not really that important. The real test is how well you do in life.
4. If you want to participate in an RP, try to realize that there is more to it than combat. In fact, combat is often the least important part. (I know, I spend more time on combat posts than anything else. That doesn't make non-combat posts unimportant.)

[ Thursday, May 01, 2003 19:09: Message edited by: Namothil ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #312
OOC: I did take you serious or I would not have responded. Nor did I question your intelligence. But I have much reason to doubt that you know the rules of RPs, from observing how you conducted yourself in other peoples games. No, do not post your story here, the RP is not the right place to do that. Start a new topic and put it there.
We are all essentially equal. Being a lot older than you and most of the others here probably shows in the way I think and feel and express myself.
Zephyr, you cannot barter with me. And you are not consequent. What do you want, my respect or my pity?

[ Thursday, May 01, 2003 17:56: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #313
OOC:
-Hell, if you want boasting about test scores, I can do that. I've constantly scored high on most of the school tests I've taken, but it doesn't mean anything, cause I dropped out of school. See my point?
-As for disabilities; I've had to work with mentally handicapped children, some of which are forever bound to a wheelchair and can't even feed themselves, so you're nothing special.
-In regards to respect; I have always believed that respect is earned, not freely given to just anyone. You have to earn my respect(usually just being a decent person will work)
-Also; Everyone else has gone out of their way to try and work with you and you simply pretend like they're treating you like crap.
-That's about it.
-In short; Rethink your ways, or I simply ignore you, since I actually don't believe too much in revenge, or holding grudges for that matter.
-Now can we get back to the story before Mars's infected leg rots off. On second thought...

IC:

*On his way to see ef, Mars collapses to the ground and falls unconcious. Later Mars arises from the ground, with glowing eyes and a demonic aura. Mars then notices a small dog walking down the street.

Mars: Time for some fun.

*Mars casts a poison spell on the dog, and watches it slowly die a slow, painful death.

OOC: New goal for everyone. Discover that Mars has become a demon, then hunt him down and kill him. That should keep everyone busy til a real plot comes around.

[ Thursday, May 01, 2003 18:09: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #314
OOC:
Zephyr - i may be a man of few words, don't get me started.
Mars - oh god...

IC:
(later)

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #315
OOC:
Well, time to create a new character.

IC:
(blank)

OOC:
Can't think of anything. Hmmm. Well, I'll just have to revive one.

IC:

(meanwhile on the accended plains)

Larkon: For violation of the sacred rules of the accended, I hearby cast you unto the mortal realm to live for a thousand years.
Lone Flame: What rule did I break?
Larkon: Openly interfering in the affairs of the mortals.
Lone Flame: Oh. Well, no one ever gave me a rulebook.
Larkon: Yes we did. You left in a field somewhere.
Lone Flame: Oh yeah. I forgot all about it. Btw, do I get to keep my accended powers?
Larkon: No! In fact, you will be far weaker than you were before you accended. I hearby grant you limited magic. I shall leave you to those drug dealing friends of yours. Now get going.

*Lone Flame is cast down to the mortal plains, where he proceeds to look for ef.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #316
That didn't help. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Me being in GT(gifted and talented, for incredibly intellegent people.) says I'm special, do you know how big my head is(I don't know why I said that, it's 9 inches tall.)? It doesn't matter if you're older, it doesn't give you an advantage in writing. And Kogan Wizards do not ride at all.BTW, my average test score; 98%, or very close to that, mt lowest grade ever was still above average.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 03:35: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Dragonmaster ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #317
OOC: Cool it. And outgrow your very erroneous belief that everyone is looking down on you with contempt.
We do not owe you anything. But you owe yourself a great deal. Self-respect for instance. No respect we show you will suffice, as long as you do not respect and accept the all of you, as you ought to. There are people on this board who carry invisible burdens of no less severe imprint than yours puts on you. And they do not all receive as much support as you obviously do.

Intelligence alone does not create a good RPer. There are still a few things you have to learn.
Oh, and I was not refering to writing, when I said that my thought and feeling differs from yours, because I'm older.

Lastly, I'd like to remind us all, myself included, that this is an RP and not a private message board.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #318
OOC: That was your last chance, Flaming Blade. You had been given a chance to let your character do anything that you wished in the city, so long as you didn't try to partake in any battles. I won't even begin trying to list some of the ideas I had that you could have used to help learn more about RP'ing and provide you with a way to develop your character. You threw it away, wanting only the glory of combat. You are now no longer welcome here. Leave.

IC: Finding his suspicions correct, Lethalis found Tempest attempting to sell the information about the skribbane being grown in the secret chamber under the inn. As the child is brought before him, fighting, cursing, and weeping, Lethalis lets his contempt for him show. Looking at the enforces holding the boy, Lethalis says, "Kill him."

After the deed is done, the enforcers leave, and Lethalis reflects upon the young empath who had helped him learn to care about people. She would have been apalled by his actions, and he was angry at what he had had to order. He knew however, that the boy had to be silenced, and he also knew he couldn't bring himself to kill another child after Ricky had been taken from him. Cursing the people who had sepparated him from his small friend, Lethalis left to go get drunk, and drown the memories.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #319
Ragnorok, I curse you, you are wreckless to me, and worthless to all I believe in, and you treat me like an insect, you deserve no less than a curse. May you suffer when you make me suffer.

Zephyr: with my last action(this is just before he dies.), I banish you to hell.*Lethalis is sent to a place where he is worthless, and only an insect and stays there and eventually dies.*

*Leaves rp.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #320
OOC: And all shall rejoice the departure of the spoiled brat.

Now, where were we?

IC:
Waiting for action, Wise Man cleaned the blade of his glaive in his room. It started to corrode from the magical poison EF cast when he was ambushed in front of his mother's grave.

Hmm. I should tell her that.

Wise Man descended from his room to find EF, and told her about the blade. "That poison you used last time, it's pretty corrosive, and it actually dullened my glaive blade. Just thought I'd let you know, that information could come handy in the future."

--------------------
--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #321
Unfortunately the portal redirected itself due to the magical shields that surround the lower realms. It does happen to open somewhere though. Sullust is pulled through the gateway that suddenly opens before him.

Sullust: "Where am I? Wiseman, is that you?"

OOC: This is the same Sullust that was in the RP earlier. I have just been taking a break from it for a while. For a brief update, and for those who don't know. Sullust is a warrior with a few kinetic powers gifted to him by a crystal soul. Think Jean from X-men for an example of his powers.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 12:07: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #322
I'm just not using a character here, doesn't mean I'm not going to post here, I'm not a spoiled brat, in fact, most of the things I've wanted(but didn't get) aren't made anymore. I can find a way to get back in, for I seem to have mystical powers, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Do unto others as you want them do unto you(something like that.), so all of you should respect me as a powered one.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 12:19: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #323
*After much wondering around LF finds ef and the others.

Lone Flame: Hey everyone. Do y'all mind if I tag along for a while?
ef: Not at all. Just don't go insane on us again.
Lone Flame: Fair enough. By the way, does anyone know where Mars is?
Wiseman: Probably at the bar.
Lone Flame: Alright. If you need me, I'll be hunting down Mars to get my stuff back.

*With that said, Lone Flame leaves the inn and heads for the bar. After not finding him there, LF searches the surrounding area, with no luck. LF then tries the local blacksmith, and fails to find Mars there.

Lone Flame: Strange. Where could he be? Oh well. I guess I'll just go back to the blacksmith's and get some equipment.

*LF goes to the blacksmith's shop and buys an iron broadsword, iron studded armor, an iron helm, and an iron dagger with the gold he swipped from a local drunk while he was at the bar.

OOC: Is it too much to ask for that whinning brat to get a life? Guess so. Let's just ignore him to he becomes more mature.

Anyway. Whinny little kid, please stop messing up our story, before I give TrueGamerOmega another copy of his password, and have him annoy you.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 12:33: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #324
You could have had a powerful ally, but you chose to have a powerful enemy. You're cursed, too, Lone Flame. May you suffer when you make me suffer. You want proof of my powers? This is 100% true, if not, then my I suddenly fizz out of existence. I have left my body several times, those who I dread moved away. When I get mad, I get much, much, much, much stronger. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SOMEONE THOUGHT ABOUT BANNING ME! Who was it? WHO!?

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 12:59: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers

Pages