New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #325
OOC: Zephyr, calm down. You're not being kicked out because of a lack of respect for you, but because you are not showing respect. You insist on bringing in characters from your story, even if they don't really fit. You seem to have an obsession with combat, and make your characters decidedly one-dimensional as a result. (NOT a severe criticism - I tend to do much the same thing. It's just something that you need to try to avoid if you ever participate in an RP in the future.) You seem to wnat all your characters to be connected to a major guild/organization/whatever. This is not neccessarily a problem, but, with your past record, it leads to a suspicion that you're trying to sneak in an uber-character.

IC: Namothil slipped out into the street. He slowly walked along a line of store, until he found a particualr one.
"Good day, Mr..."
"No names, whoever you are. What's your business?"
"You are the local... acquisitions agent, right?"
"Depends on whose asking."
"An... associate of the guild."
"Hrm. You have proof?"
Namothil drew his swords, and tossed them on the counter. "Sufficient?"
"A moment." The shopkeeper crossed the room, puled curtains over the windows, and flipped the sign on the door to 'closed'. "Yes, that's quite sufficient. Assuming you didn't just kill someone... No. I'd've heard. So, what do you want?"
"Renewal of a few personal spells, some potions, and some enhancements for the wepons, if I can afford them."
"A mage that'll enhance these things isn't cheap, you know."
"I know. Here's a complete list of my requirements. Just give me a price."
"The spells and potions I can do. The enhancements? Maybe. About thirty thousand, all told."
"Without the enhancements?"
"Five, six thousand. More if you'd rather not cast the spells yourself."
"I think I can avoid mistakes with the scroll in front of me. What would it cost to buy the materials for the enhancements?"
"That's the price I gave you. You want a mage that'll do that? Good luck."
"How much for just the first enhancement?"
"Two thousand. That one's cheap."
"The gear, and that enhancement then. Here's your gold."
"Pleasure doing business with you."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #326
If you treat me badly you get less respect for me.

I have a character that might fit with what you seem to want; a merchant with a bit of fighting skills. I have one in my head, his main type of attack is to trick others into fighting for him, Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper.

Let me back in and you will get ore respect and I will lift the curses.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 14:42: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #327
OOC:
Zephyr, your curses do not scare one who hangs out with demons and vampires. Besides your wannabe powers can't harm me, for I am the flame and thus I can't get burned, unlike you.

As for allies, you holding grudges over the slightest thing will keep you from having any. I don't hold grudges and thus I am blessed with good allies.

To hell with this crap. I've wasted enough time on you. You are a trivial nothing. And if you don't change your ways you will always be a trivial nothing. Expect no more from me, unless you really anger me. I recommend that from here on in we ignore this vole and continue on with our story. And Zephyr, take you whinning and sob stories to someone who cares.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #328
That was cold. Very cold. If you give me THAT kind of respect I'm not going to respect you, either. And tell someone who cares. And don't type that in numbers, my eyes have trouble focusing, and I like to eavesdrop, that's why I'll read it anyway.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #329
OOC: Look Tempest, this curse business is undeniably childish and your angered ranting is doing nothing good for the general opinion of you and is disrupting my RP enjoyment. So just stop please. Now, I personally have no objections to you joining the RP as long as you follow a few simple guidlines, and think the others would accept you also.

One, start quietly: you are new to the RP and none of us likes having a new person charge in and yell "Look at me and all the great stuff I can do! You have to give me an important place in the story now!" Just take what we give you for now and in a little while you can start your own adventures connected to our drug ring. Two, you must start back in Valorim at the New Silvar Inn: We have been doing this particular storyline for quite some time and we would not appreciate having you disrupt it. And three, realize that we control this RP: by "we" I mean those of us that have been here a long time and/or have positions of high regard in the "family". If we say "no" it means "no" and if you don't like it go away. You are not the first that we have had problems with; earlier on some of us had problems Wiseman's abilities, he adjusted, and now he is included in the controling "we". Learn from his example.

I do not think this is asking much of you. Please follow these guidlines and be courteous or go away.

However, certain people should tone down their way of dealing with you . It is true that we don't like the way Tempest has been behaving, but I think that some of you *cough* LF *cough* should calm down and try to talk to him more in the manner ef has.

IC: Coming back from an herb shop, Alex took a shortcut through an alley and came upon a disturbing sight: Mars appeared to have subdued a guard and was feeding off of his life-force.

Alex: Mars! What are you doing!!!

Startled, Mars jumps up and stands in front of the body, revealing that his eyes glow with a sickly, lurid light. He looks at Alex angrily.

Mars: "I'm not doing anything! Leave me alone!"

Alex: (gasp) Your eyes are glowing! what's wrong with you? Maybe I can help.

Mars: I don't need your pitiful help! I have become higher than you! you can't stop me!

Mars flees around a corner and is gone before Alex can stop him.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #330
Ok, then. Just say the word and a merchant stand(belonging to Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper, my character.) appears and a merchant walks into the inn. He has only a small buckler, a gold bracelet and ring, a gold necklace,pants, leather armor, boots, gloves, leather helmet, a cloak(hooded.), and a dagger walks in the inn and orders something to drink. The stand is a trading post and is not there to compete with the inn, and it's mobile.

Forgot say 'pants', oops.

And, if need be, his skill in mindwarping(charming, blinding, dumbfounding, paralyzing, and causing fear.)will only allow him to confuse enemies.

:D I was just kidding about the curses :D , although people seem to get bad luck if they torture me....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
And you have to endure the joke here and there, it's just what I do.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 15:47: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #331
OOC: a detailed description of what clothes you wear is not necessary, heh heh. but as long as you don't pull your little 'connections to powerful beings, therefore i am as powerful as they are' thing, you should be passable.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #332
He is a new member of the Kogan Merchant Guild, but that just says; look at me! I'm a Kogan merchant! And gives discounts when buyng from another Kogan Merchant, so it doesn't mean anything.

Btw-Kogans are from The Age of Chaos, that I haven't even gotten half done. But they're only mentioned in the last chapters and the epilogue.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 15:56: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #333
*While fleeing Alex, Mars bumps into Lone Flame.

Lone Flame: Hey Mars, can I have my stuff back.

*Mars tosses his jacket at Lone Flame.

Mars: Fine, keep your worthless junk. I don't require that crap anymore!
Lone Flame: Whatever. Could be any more of a jerk?
Mars: Buzz off.

*Mars blasts LF with a Fireball spell and vanishes.

Lone Flame: Ow. What in the hell has that boy been smoking. Cause I bet we could make some serious money off it. Oh well.

*LF picks up his jacket, which reaks with a foul stench. Then LF pulls out a can of disinfectant and air freshener and cleans off his jacket, which he puts on after he has finished cleaning it.

Lone Flame: He sure didn't believe in taking care of things. Well, time to get back to the others.

*LF returns to the inn.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 16:19: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #334
Wise Man bumped into Alex while exploring the city (yet again). Something going on, by the vague hint of fear in his face. "Hey Alex, what up?"

"Be careful around Mars," Alex replied.
"Why?"
"Something's up with him, he's ... unlike before."
"What, he's a wimp now?"

Suddenly, as if he heard it, Mars appeared behind Wise Man. Wise Man turned around, not knowing his newly acquired demon powers and evil. "What up, Mars?"

"You dare insult me?" An evil-sounding Mars boomed.

"Huh?"

Without a chance to speak, Mars fired a barrage of fireballs at Wise Man. He was barely able to screen his face and body from the barrage, and when the barrage was over, the 'man' was gone. "Okay, I understand what you mean now, Alex. Let's meet up with Sullust, he just returned and might have some new knowledge. Lone Flame's back too, and he might have seen Mars recently, them two being good friends."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #335
What about my merchant? He'll start out in the inn, and he's underpowered. But he learns kinda quickly.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #336
*Scene: A room in the Aizoan field headquarters.*
???: It's time.
ef: What? Who --
???: I am an agent of your benefactor. It is time.
ef: What benefactor?
*There is no answer but the sound of silence. A map sits pinned to the door, with a big red X over one of the elevated areas, and a smaller red O over the town the various folks from the Inn are currently staying at.
On the far north [and bottom] of the map is a simple, curt note.
"Assemble who you trust. Make sure whoever you don't trust isn't going to leave Aizo alive.
It's time, ef. Soon all will be revealed, and together we shall hold the world in our grip.
--ilofekh"

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #337
Pondering the message, ef walks back to the inn. Wise man's battle with his father comes into her thought and a feeling that that may have some meaning in the future. Then she remembers Wise Man's words.

"Corroding blades - that's interesting. I will keep that in mind. It may indeed come in handy." Entering the inn, she comes upon someone she recognizes:

"Sullust!! How's that possible? Fill me in, how did you manage to come here? And welcome! We are in the midst of trouble, as usual. The guys will be more than happy to see you.

Well, I'll go to the landlord and get you a room. Make yourself comfortable. I am back in a trice and want to know what happened to you."

Searching for the landlord, she thinks about the message again. "I trust all my guys. They have to assemble now. I will call them."

- 'Listen, all of you, hear me! Come back to the inn. We'll soon start action. I need you know. Come here.' -

OOC: Tempest, you are at the inn in New Silvar and you will have to wait for Lethalis. None of us others is there at the moment.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 17:26: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #338
I'm getting tired of this, someone please answer yes or no to my underpowered, confuser, kinda quick learning, ill-equipped merchant.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #339
OOC: As you can only interact with Ragnar, it is up to him. You'll have to wait for him.

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #340
I wonder when he will post...

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #341
OOC: Possibly when he's actually here? Have patience.

IC: Namothil walked into the inn, carrying his purchases. 'Minor mirror-shield on the swords, renewed the most critical of my defensive spells, restocked my helpful potions assortment -Hopefully it will be enough.'

"Ready to go."

OOC: Helpful potions refers to poisons, soporifics, hypnotics, and similar things, not beneficial potions.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #342
I still ask this question, who thought about banning me? I know soneone did! I can sense it for some reason.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 18:28: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #343
Wise Man entered the building through the window, over a small table, and stopped right in between Sullust, EF and Namothil. "Damn, they don't sell shurikens here. At least I have my own ammo." Wise Man tied his hair on a ponytail and put on a headband to hold back his long hair, and concealed his glaive. "I'm good to go."

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #344
OOC:
Zephyr, let's see here. There was ADoS, Ragnarok, Lone Flame, and Alorael. Out of those 4 only Alorael is a mod(as far as I know) So thus it was probably him. If you'd pay more attention to stuff and were as smart as you claim to be, you would have figured that one out on your own.

IC:

Lone Flame: So what's going on?

Wiseman: Just a mission. Nothin to concern yourself with.

Lone Flame: Alrighty then. If you need me, I'm gonna be trying to beat the crap out of Mars for blasting me with a fireball.

*With that said LF leaves and returns an hour later.

Sullust: Well?

Lone Flame: I couldn't find him. Can I come on the mission?
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #345
Lone Flame still thinks of me as an insect, that's cold, LF, real cold. You insulted my intellegence and mysterious power, you'll pay dearly for that someday.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #346
OOC:
Well, I am simply training you for the real world. Besides you insult my intellegance and treat me like an insect too. So technically we're even in those 2 fields. Not that it really matters if you insult my intellegence, since my IQ is only like 131 or something, so I'm not really that smart.

Besides you need to stop acting like you're me 4 years ago. It gets rather irritating to have to deal with someone I who reminds me of someone I don't like. Although your situation is kind of ironic, but I don't feel like giving you the details on how it's ironic.

Besides I don't treat others much worse than I treat myself, so technically I'm not being unfair when I dish out insults and smart remarks to people.

Sidenote: Few people actually care about my opinion anyway, so why should you?

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 19:45: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #347
*smashes his head into a wall*
SWEET, SWEET RELIEF

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #348
OOC: I don't have time to really post anything now for you Flaming Blade, it's after midnight here. I also work again in the morning, and then I am going on a date. Here's some things you should be able to use. First off, what does your character sell? I don't need the exact details on every little item, just a general idea of what type of things your character might carry. Second, change your character's name. Having a sign that says Tempest Zephyr, The Mindwarper wouldn't exactly make people trust your character. That's part of being a merchant, being able to convince people to buy something, not scare them off with a "cool sounding" name. Finally, I have an idea for something you can do a trial run on. Try to think of non-violent (for the most part) ways that you could stop someone from extorting money from your character. If you need some help, PM people to ask if they can help you with ideas, or have them look over an idea of yours to see if it seems possible.

You could ask for protection from the gang (it's not the drug ring, just someone else who has started to set up shop in New Silvar) by going to local authorities, or hiring guards, or trading products for help. You could also try using your character's ability to alter people's perceptions and thought processes to convince the toughs to leave you alone. That last one won't do much for you in terms of the RP, because your character will still be off on his own, but you can combine any of those ideas, or try completely new ones. If you can't come up with anything at all, PM me, and I will halp talk you through it.

IC: Lethalis drags himself into his private chambers, too drunk to walk steadily. He very carefully lowers himself onto his bed, or at least he tries to. Halfway down, he simply loses his balance and falls face-first into the matress. After arranging himself more comfortably, Lethalis finally slips into a deep, dreamless sleep.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #349
Hmmmmmmmm........His real name is Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper, but that means Westwind VoilentWindstorm, Warper of Minds......What about his cover name(I want his real name to use when talking to other Kogans.) being Jose de Santos Guatamala? :D Just kidding! :D What about.........Rogioiho(Roh-zh-ee-oe-ih-oe, zh as in the g in barrage.)? I have a toungue for strange names. He sells adventuring supplies like cloaks candles, torches, lanterns, lockpicks, rings, bracelets, necklaces, scrolls, shirts, gloves, and pants. And that's it.

[ Saturday, May 03, 2003 03:15: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, The Mindwarper ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers

Pages