New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #425
Firedrake: My plan isn't too complex, but it requires some coordination. I myself will lead a regiment of troops against Lewis's forces advancing towards here. A second force, will advance to the remains of Coronis. After my group deals with the enemy, we will move to appear to be attacking Aizo, but instead, a few members of the Wyrm riders will slip through to the east, meet with the towns east of Aizo, and then sneak back here, while we bide time. The second group will provide support for my force. After we get word from the east, we'll plan our next move. Now, we just need a leader for the second group...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #426
OOC: I always thought that Aizo was a continent. Did I have that wrong?

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #427
OOC: It is a continent, not a town. By the way, am I the only one who didn't understand what FD's plan is about?

[ Tuesday, May 13, 2003 12:58: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #428
OOC: I think he meant to say Kerli, not Aizo. I also had trouble understanding the plan.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #429
OOC: oh man, and i thought i was the only one who didn't understand, so i didn't post about it. anyways, back to the army-stalling...

IC:
Wise Man took out a bag of signal flares. "Well, these can't go to waste, heh heh."

"But how do we know which is which?" Cyan asked.

"We don't need to," Maestro answered. "We're not the communications officers for the enemy, and even if there WAS a code, Wise Man will figure it out."

"Don't ... forget ... me..." Sullust groaned, while the others were watching Wise Man light up one of the flares.

The response was instant. Distant shouts of "Charging cavalry!" and "Phalanx positions!" can be heard. Wise Man went to check what was going on, then returned, laughing. "I fooled them into turtling up in a phalanx formation!"

Wise Man lit up another flare. This was a signal for a frontal charge, in this case at nothing. A third flare signaled them to pull back. The fourth and fifth flares signaled them to hold their ground in phalanx formation. He was down to his last two flares. "This had better be good... Cyan and Maestro, you can have the pleasure of lighting these."

The signal was, indeed, worth the effort of stealing the flares. it ordered a retreat. By now, they have stalled them for a full day, with the army retreating at dawn. Thinking they should go before they were caught, the four made it back to Kerli, with Cyan carrying Sullust on his back...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #430
Sullust regains himself for a moment inside the healing room of the Kerli Temple. He notices the three others surrounding him; however, his vision is cloudy and he is unable to make out their faces.

Sullust: Uhh...where?

???????: Quiet you need your rest.

He turns away as Sullust closes his eyes. Despite the pain he is in he stays awake and listens to the conversation. He is able to recognize one familiar voice.

Wiseman: How long until he is going to be like this?

???????: I have done what I can with my knowledge; however, the outlook is not good. I can't guarantee that he will survive. If he does manage to surpass the infection he may never fully recover.

????: We can't just let him die!

???????: There are casualties in every battle. Perhaps it is time that we accept his fate.

Wiseman: But Maestro...

Maestro: It is too late for him. We must not waste our time. Let us go now before we ourselves are noticed!

Wiseman: So be it. Come Cyan.

Cyan: Forgive us Sullust.

Cyan and Maestro continue on ahead. Wiseman turns back to say one final word to Sullust.

Wiseman: Goodbye.

The three walk out of the temple to complete their mission.

[ Tuesday, May 13, 2003 14:29: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #431
OOC: Time to rally my characters...
IC:*Wiseman, Cyan, and Maestro finally arrive at the city.

Cyan: Um, where are LF and Mars?
Firedrake: LF went to the local forge, and no one actually knows where Mars went.
Cyan: Well, LF knows Mars, so I'll go see him first.

*Cyan travels to the forge and sees LF cookinh marshmellows with a dagger.

Cyan: What in the hell are you doing?!!?
LF: Making marshmellows, ya want some?
Cyan: Sure, but we're gonna have to get going soon, cause I don't know where Mars is and we really need to start training.
LF: Alright. Btw, Mars is probably at the bar hitting on some random chick.

*LF and Cyan journey to the bar and notice Mars talking to some chick.

Cyan: 5 bucks says he's gonna screw it up and she smacks him.
LF: You're on.
Mars: So, the reason why I can't train you is I don't want to see you get hurt?
Lizz: What is that supposed to mean?!!? Are you saying that I'm weak and can't handle it!?!
Mars: No, I'm just saying...

*Lizz smacks him.

Cyan: Pay up.
LF: Fine. Hey Mars, get over here. We need to train.
Mars: I'm busy.

*LF and Cyan walk up to Mars and drag him to ef, kicking and screaming.

[ Tuesday, May 13, 2003 14:38: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #432
"I see. Rubbish. Why do you give him up, priest? He won't die, not this time anyway."

"Sullust, close your eyes and relax. I'm not going to hurt you, but this may take a while."

ef took Sullust's wounded hand and 'listened' into it. Feeling the toxic raging, she focused on heart and liver functions, strengthened both and slightly sped up cell interactions. Then, feeling his will to live, she concentrated on supporting that while she led him through the fever she had produced. It took some hours and she had to energize him in between, but when the fever broke, Sullust was through. ef checked him thoroughly and was content. Though weak and certainly in need of recuperation, Sullust would live and heal.

[ Wednesday, May 14, 2003 19:20: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #433
OOC:
LF And live to see us stop being too serious.
Cyan: Amen to that.
LF: Shut up. You aren't even real. Anyway time to get this battle started so we can end the overly serious attitutes that constant inane missions have given us. But first to get rid of some of my characters...

IC:
*Suddenly Guross appears.

Guross: You thought I would never find you. Hah! Foolish human.
LF: Dammit! I'm not a human. Idiot. Cyan, give me that orb I gave you.

*Cyan hands LF the orb and LF crushes enough to crack it.

LF: Let's take this outside.
Guross: Gladly.

*LF and Guross go outside and LF throws the orb at Guross and it shatters, thus pulling Guross into a rift in space and time. Shortly afterwards, LF and Cyan disappear.

[ Wednesday, May 14, 2003 19:47: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #434
OOC: Aizo was the name of General Lewis's headquarters and city right? If not, then what was it's name?

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #435
OOC: Oh Firedrake, there's a bit of geographical chaos here. Lewis former headquarters and town were on the continent of Valorim. We are now on the continent of Aizo and the last thing we heard about Lewis was Alec's post, where Ilofekh murdered the regent and made it seem Lewis' deed. Meaning of course that Lewis is on the continent of Aizo now, as we are.

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #436
Sullust finally managed to get out of the temple with his own two feet. He walked outside and winced in the brightness of the sun. He notices ef waiting outside the temple.

Sullust: Thankyou.

ef: You have nothing that you must thank me for. However, I appreciate it.

Sullust walks a few more steps and falls toward the ground. Luckily Wiseman manages to run over and catch him before he makes contact.

Sullust: I guess I'll have to learn how to do this all over again.

Wiseman: I'm sure you'll have it down in no time. It is good to see that you are well again Sullust.

Sullust: It is good to be well again. However, the time I spent in my illness was a learning experience. While ef was in my mind I felt something open, it feels that I have increased my abilities a bit.

Wiseman: How so?

Sullust: I am not aware yet. I don't know if I am ready to find out.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #437
"So there's that army that took Sullust approaching us now, let's prepare for it. Also I hear strange rumours from the capital. Some upheaval there. We should find out more. Who is going to investigate?"

[ Friday, May 16, 2003 22:01: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #438
Firedrake: I'll take a regiment of troops and get the messager to the eastern cities about to be attack, Mars will lead the other group. Now, I just have to go find him...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #439
IC:

"If you want someone to assassinate the general or capture him in secret, or confuse and harass the army further, Maestro and I will gladly volunteer."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #440
Mars: I'm not sure if I should be leading anything, but I guess I can do it.

*Mars walks outside and has his troops rallied. (After some inspecting...)

Mars: You are probably the most pathetic group of maggots I've ever seen.
Soldier: Screw you, sir.
Mars: Stupid human. You dare to insult me. Okay, I don't actually care as long as you don't cowar in battle. If you do that, I will personally round up the deserters and practice the art of killing every 10th deserter.
Soldier: Go to hell, sir.
Mars: Anyway. The enemy is approaching and I think we should sneak around them and attack from behing.
Soldier: Wow, I would have never thought of that.
Mars: Got any better suggestions?
Soldier: Um, not really.
Mars: Then shut the hell up.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #441
"I don't know what will be most appropriate, Wise Man. The rumours talk of assassination, of Lewis having murdered the regent and at least part of his family. Should that be true, then he is going to the devil anyway. He will probably be sentenced and have to confront the consequences. Find out what's going on, Wise Man and let me know. I will 'listen'. I want to know who is in power now, if anyone is. I want to know about people's reactions. I want to know what's going on on this continent. What games are played here."

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #442
"Very well. Maestro and I will investigate."

Wise Man found Maestro just outside the city gates. "Hey, how come I couldn't see you the whole time?"

"Because I wasn't there," Maestro answered. "I set up a few poison traps in the crucial points of the field, they might be useful."

"I see... We need to infiltrate the base again."

"Why?"

"Let's just say the enemy's command infrastructure needs investigation."

"A good enough reason. Let's go."

The two went the same path, cloaked, and reached the base in no time. Maestro entered and drew a map of the base, while Wise Man studied the guard positions and patrols. The two shared their observations and returned to the city, waiting till nightfall to complete their task...

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #443
Lethalis' men have checked out every possible lead, and they have come up with a list of 5 possible people. Lethalis then makes sure that each of those people is given access to a different piece of "information." With luck, within the next few weeks, the spy or spies should be revealed by what the enemy learns.

After giving the latest batch of orders, and having another mage attempt to Locate Aloreal, Lethalis sets about creating a code using Alex's milk shake flavors.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #444
OOC: I've been trying to avoid effecting the plot in a major way in my posts, but I think it's time I change that.
IC:
Mars: Alright troops. Move out.

*Mars and his forces leave the city and begin to march down a path that will lead them to the rear of the opposing army. After much traveling Mars and his forces arrive and attack the suprised Empire troops.

(several hours later)
*Mars blasts an enemy soldier with a fireball, while stabbing another with a dagger. Suddenly Mars notices an enemy warrior who is just as effect as he is. Following the rules of fighting, Mars decides to try to stop this guy from killing too many of his(mars's) troops. Mars lunges at the warrior, but misses and barely avoids getting decapitated. Mars throws a dagger at the warrior, but the warrior blocks the dagger with a buckler.

Mars: Gonna be like that huh. Feel my fury.

*Mars throws a fireball at the warrior, but the warrior barely dodges it.

Ryan: Magic and skill as a warrior. Not bad. It's a pity your talent will be ended with your life.

*Ryan swings his sword at Mars, but Mars catches it with his daggers. Acting quickly Ryan uses his free hand to throw a dagger at Mars, thus hitting him and causing him to drop his guard long enough for Ryan to free his sword and swings his blade at Mars, but Mars disappears mysteriously. Ryan was about to continue fighting, but his fight with Mars had taken a long time, and most the soldiers on his side had been slain. The company commander orders the retreat, but Ryan stays behind, too tired to return to base. Some of Mars's troops capture Ryan, who was the only enemy soldier left on the field.

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 18:35: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #445
As night falls around the town of Kerli Sullust notices a slight glow in the distance. Then another, suddenly hundreds of lights seem to dance in the distance. He then finally realizes what they are, campfires.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #446
Alex walks into the main command center and asks, "Who wants a strawberry-cabbage milkshake?"

Startled, Lethalis jumps up and shouts, "What?! they can't be attacking the city yet! They're miles away!" A confused Alex is pushed out of the way as Lethalis rushes out to the city walls.

Ten minutes later, Lethalis returns and angrily addresses Alex, "What did you think you were doing by calling that false alarm?!"

Confused, Alex relpies, "What are talking about? All I asked was if you wanted a strawberry-cabbage milkshake."

"There you go again!" Lethalis shouts. "Stop that, the enemy is not attacking the city!"

After a few more minutes of heated confusion it is made clear that no one told Alex the new codes. Both apologize and make up over a chocolate-seaweed shake.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #447
"Campfires, yes. Someone go and inform the mayor. He'll know what orders to give to fortify this city while there's still time to do that. We all act as buffers and support. Archmage Alex, please use your senses to get as much information as possible. You too, Sullust, if your energy is up to it, but don't put a strain on yourself. I haven't seen Namothil for a while, he should show up, he's needed now. Wise Man will probably be back in time, we'll see.
Mars' death hurts me. The prisoner you brought in, that man Ryan, I'll go and talk with him now."

OOC: I leave the conversation to you, Lone Flame. Should Ryan want to join us, he's welcome.

To prevent confusion: Lethalis is in Valorim at the New Silvar Inn and only in telepathic contact with ef. You, Archmage, are in Aizo with ef and the others.

[ Monday, May 19, 2003 12:36: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #448
OOC: Aptok and Santdoil are still at the bar in the Inn. Raf is getting very lonely and sunburned and thirsty on top of the clinic. At the Inn:

A very strange looking character goes up the bar and whispers an order. the bartender looks at him funny and mixes a drink.

A very normal looking person enters the inn and all conversation stops. He walks up to the bar and simply asks for a beer. The bartender says: "We don't serve your type here. Leave before we regret it." Joe looks hurt, but leaves in all haste.

The strange man thanks the bartender and leaves through the back.

Raphnotch enters the bar and sees Aptok and Santdoil.

Raf: Hey what are you guys still doing here?
Aptok: Well you told us to come here to get a quest but no one is ever here.
Raf: Lethalis is here, ask him for a quest, I bet he knows of something going on.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #449
OOC: Origonally Mars was just going to die, but someone had to go and kill Ryan in another RP, so here he is. Basically, an average human with no great abilities and is only good at melee, and also he has no magic skill at all. Sidenote, Mars isn't dead, he's just been transfered to another RP.

IC:
*Alex walks up to Ryan, who is chained up.

Ryan: Oh goody, I finally get to have someone come and torture me for information.
Alex: Well, somebody seems happy. Do you want a chocolate seaweed milkshake?
Ryan: I would rather get ripped apart by zombies.
Alex: I see... How bout a Strawberry Cabbage milkshake?
Ryan: I would rather have my eyes ripped out and salt thrown into the crater where my eyes once were.
Alex: Right... So, anyway, let's get the torture thing on and then we can move on to the Eye removing, salt throwing, zombie ripping stuff.
Ryan: Hold on on sec. You mean you're actually gonna do that stuff to me?
Alex: Yeah. You said that you would rather have that stuff done than have one of my milkshakes, instead of simply saying no.
Ryan: But that's the kind of stuff I was told to say if I were ever captured. I didn't actually mean it, although the milkshake flavors do sound very disgusting.
Alex: That's the whole idea. They're health shakes.
Ryan: Figures. Anyway. I don't know anything and I'm of no actual use to you in any practical way. Can I go free.
Alex: I'm sorry, but no. You might tell the enemy about various things you saw.
Ryan: It never fails. For some reason I never seem to be able to talk my way out of imprisonment. Oh well. Can I jion up with you guys?
Alex: I guess so, but you don't get to do anything important.
Ryan: As if I ever got to do anything important in the first place.

Pages