New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #450
Wise Man and Maestro indeed returned not long after ef mentioned their return. They came back with maps and notes.

"We have infiltrated their base in the morning," Wise Man announced. "We have maps of it and the surrounding area, and notes about their troop deployment."

Maestro laid out the map, and the numerous notes they made.

"They have scouts everywhere now," Wise Man continued. "We killed 12 on our way back. But they have one major blunder: most of their supplies are inside the base, in convenient storehouses. We sabotage the base successfully, and the table is turned."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #451
*Ryan walks to the room where ef is at and immediately notices Wiseman and Maestro.

Ryan: (Blademasters. Who would have thought I'd get to see on of those again? Time to see how good they are.) Hey, bladesmaster, I challange to you non-deathmatch combat.
Wiseman: I'm too busy to deal with you at the moment.
Ryan: Aw. That sucks. I really wanted to see how good you were.
Wiseman: Perhaps another time. Hey, ef, where did this guy come from. I've never seen him around before.
ef: He's a captured enemy soldier. And he sley Mars.
Wiseman: Mars is dead? Pity. He was a good warrior. If he's captured, why is he roaming around freely?
Ryan: That milkshake guy let me go, but only if I tasted his new flavor. It was horrible beyond discription, but now I'm free and I might as well help you, since I've got nothing better to do.

[ Tuesday, May 20, 2003 09:48: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #452
Sullust heads toward the center of the town preparing himself. After reaching his destination he seats himself. Sitting silent for a few minutes, his entire body glows with a pale blue aura.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #453
Meanwhile, just east of the ruins of Coronis...

FD: Are we ready to fake an attack? Tell the troops to get ready.(And with that the luetenant marches off with the orders.)

Several hours pass.

FD: Remember, this isn't a real offensive, we just need to keep them busy so a few Wyrm Riders can get through to the eastern cities.

Quickly and suddenly, Firedrake and his troops charge, suprising the enemy. Combat begins...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #454
OOC: *unwraps Wand of Revive Topic and uses it*

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #455
Firedrake: Enough! Retreat!

Firedrake and his army retreat, the mission had gone successful! The messangers managed to sneak through.

Firedrake: Send a message to Mars to cover our retreat back to Coronis if it's clear. If not, tell Mars were gonna free Coronis and then get ready for the suprised enemy army to attack.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #456
OOC: FD(the character) is gonna be a little suprised when he finds out that Mars is MIA.

IC:
*A messanger arrives at (whatever city ef and then are at) and sees ef to find out where Mars is. Upon finding out that Mars has vanished, the messager delivers the message to ef and let's her deal with that end, while the messanger returns to FD to inform him that Mars is gone, but FD will get the needed cover.

OOC: That reminds me, I really need to see Gods and Generals when it comes out on video.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #457
"Wise Man, step in for Mars and cover Firedrake's retreat, will you. Take that Ryan guy with you. Sullust and I cover this end."

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #458
"Very well. I do not require a fighting force, I can't command troops anyway. And Ryan would make a good meatshield, no?"

Wise Man and Maestro headed for FD, with Ryan at the front for safety reasons.

--------------------
--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #459
OOC: Thinking back, I don't really remember/understand exactly why we are in Coronis. One minute we are fleeing from a bat attack in a city, then next we are helping refugees and fighting armies. How did we get to fighting armies and what exactly are we now hoping to accomplish in Aizo?

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #460
OOC: Archmage, your esoteric studies make you rather absent-minded. We sailed to the continent of Aizo in a ship. We used that same ship to sail to Coronis to help the refugees there. Now we are partaking in a battle against the imperial forces under General Lewis.

We are in Aizo, because our enemy ring meets here in one of the palaces of the imperial ruler. At least that's what we thought. Though it was a trap. The enemy ring was there to distract us.

It's General Lewis who tries to outsmart us, because he wants all power, and the regent was on his side. Ilofekh assassinated the regent and made it appear, as if Lewis murdered him. Now we fight our way through to the capital, where we hope to meet Ilofekh, who might explain a bit more. Looks to me, as if he will be the next ruler.

[ Friday, May 23, 2003 13:29: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #461
Firedrake: Is it ready yet?

Gerris: Almost. Our pursuers are gonna get a nasty shock out of this.

Firedrake: Just hurry up with those explosives, and be careful. Try not to waste to much powder, it's rare and difficult to make.

Gerris: Don't worry about it, I have this whole area rigged. This should stall them long enough for us to retreat further.... alright, I'm done.

Firedrake: Let's catch back up with the rest of the troops and get moving.

Ten minutes later, some foolish soldier trips the wire, causing a huge explosion and chaos ensues for Lewis's army...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #462
As Sullust uses his powers to shield the soldiers from harm, ef commands them. They are fairing well; but the battle is slowly turning.

Sullust: We are losing our strength against them. Their numbers are too strong for us.

ef: If we can hold them a bit longer we'll have completed the mission.

Suddenly one of the enemy units manages to breech the wall. He runs up to Sullust and strikes him hard. Shortly after, another soldier kills him; however, the damage has been done.

ef: Sullust, are you alright?!

The damage which was once being deflected from the troops is now dealing serious damage to their defensive lines. The wall which once stood firm against them is beginning to tremble under the stress. Then it happens.

ef: Sullust what is wrong?!

Sullust hovers slightly above the ground with the same pale blue aura he was showered in before. As if gears in a machine, the first line of enemy soldiers follow in a fluid motion. Their swords are drawn into the air by their own hands and thrust into themselves. It is a horrible sight.

ef: Stop this Sullust!

Several others fall in the same motion until ef finally knocks Sullust unconcious. A few soldiers carry him off as ef continues her duties.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #463
Maestro noticed the enemy slowly beginning to close in on ef's location. "Wise Man, we have no time to back Firedrake up! We must protect the leader!"

The two headed back to ef, with Ryan tagging along as a meatshield. They made it in record time, and before the soldiers broke through too much of the defense, too.

"Did I not tell you to help Firedrake?"

"Sorry, madam," Wise Man apologized. "But I will not risk losing you, our leader. Archers are already in position. We must retreat behind the city walls."

"Retreat!" ef, Wise Man, Maestro, Ryan and the defending army backed behind the walls of the city, while protected by cover fire from the archers on top of the wall...

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #464
Firedrake and his troops moved north. Just then, he runs into the remains of Mar's troop.

Firedrake: Are you part of Mar's group?
Soldier: We're the remnants of Mar's group. Mars was killed in battle.
Firedrake: What! This is bad. Come with us, we're heading back towards Kerli.

Just then, a messenger arrived.

Messenger: Are you Firedrake sir?
Firedrake: Yes, I am.
Messenger: I've been sent to tell you Kerli is being attacked as we speak!
Firedrake (turns to the 2nd in Command): Rally the troops, we're moving double time all the way to Kerli. Let's see how the enemy deals with a sneak attack!
2nd in Command: But what about the army chasing us.
Firedrake:They're still confused from the trap I bet. Let's move out!

Then, Firedrake's army moved out towards Kerli, although, Firedrake was still shocked by Mar's death...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #465
"Okay, let's see what I can come up with. I know you don't use magic, Wise Man, but 'Divine Warrior' won't hurt you, nor Ryan, nor your companion." ef put the spell on all three, then sent a war blessing out to the archers. Searching for Firedrake in her mind, she found she could contact him, 'Divine Warrior' went to him as well.

"That's something, but not enough. Archmage Alex, create illusions. Let there be an army in front of the city gates."

The Archmage started murmuring spells and an army of monsters and undead appeared out of nowhere, wreaking havoc among the empire soldiers, who confronted this evil with fear and dismay.

The archers, greatly heartened, doubled their efforts.

[ Sunday, May 25, 2003 07:45: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #466
Sullust wakes up inside of one of the jail cells in the town. Two burly gaurds stand watching over him.

"What happened? Why am I in here?" He inquired. The guards didn't respond. Instead they ran off to join in the fighting nearby.

"Let me out!" Without further warning Sullust tapped into his powers and bent the bars which held him in the room. It was then that he remembered what he had done. Sullust fell to the floor crying. Suddenly ef rushes into the room.

"Sullust, we need--are you alright?"

"I cannot fight anymore. I slaughtered them as if they were nothing. They unknowingly walked to their own deaths.

"It is impossible to change the past. You must accept what has happened and heal. Quickly, we need you."

"No..."

"What?"

"I said no. Leave me be!"

"Fine." ef storms out of the room and heads back towards the battle. Sullust remains inside the cell contemplating his next move.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #467
Namothil wandered around on the wrong side of the Imperial lines, muttering to himself.
"Just once I'd like to have a mission go perfectly. No insane magi, no plots to take over the world, no enormous armies. Just a nice quiet mission with no complications or extreme heatlh risks. Is that to much to ask?"
He looked around again. Still no sign of a gap in the enemy lines. For now, at least, he was safe from detection, but how could he rejoin the others?

OOC: Had a scheduled interruption of internet access that lasted longer than I expected it to. I think I've caught up with what's happened. Don't have a plausible explanation for N's absence yet, but I'll think of something.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #468
OOC: FD, it's Mars. Possesive is "Mars's", not "Mar's". I would like it if my Roman god of war named character's name wasn't typoed so much. Anyway.

IC:
Ryan: Ya know, you guys suck. Is it too much to ask that you at least give me my sword back?

Wiseman: No!

Ryan: Jerk.

[ Monday, May 26, 2003 10:39: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #469
OOC: Oops, sorry LF for the typoes.

Firedrake: How close are we O'rien?
O'rien (second in command): It's just over this hill.
Firedrake: Get the troops ready for a charge. We need to rush this, because that other army isn't too far behind us.
O'rien: Understood. Moving out now.

Firedrake and his army lined up on the hill, the city now in sight along with the unsuspecting attackers. With a massive war shout, Firedrake's army charges at the enemy, throwing them into confusion, and the archers in the back row now panic, trying to get to new positions, safe from Firedrake and his men. Then, Firedrake dismounted, and charged into the battle...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #470
Alex continued to wander about and help where needed.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #471
OOC: *LF turns the bass up too loud and his head explodes from the force of it(actually, not really, but it doesn't matter) Anyway. Um, I think I'll get back to doing stuff when this whole army chaos/confusion thingy is over.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #472
OOC: I think I will cease to be inactive when the RP returns to New Silvar, or at least the same continent as it. I don't really feel like taking part in that battle anyway, it's a bit confusing considering that people forget plans and then remake them as they go.

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #473
OOC: I assume Wise Man, Maestro, Ryan and ef are all on the battlements. Also, i never mentioned that Maestro wields twin ninja blades (you know, shorter version of the katana) in melee combat.

Wise Man took a look outside the fort, and was baffled by the amount of enemy forces. "They outnumber us six to one! We can't beat them back; we can only hold them for so long."

"Fear not, Wise Man," ef reassured him. "Unless Kerli falls before assistance arrives, the battle can still be won."

"A blademaster does not feel fear."

The enemy troops eventually managed to scale the walls, and break a small hole through the wall. "Wise Man!" Maestro called. "The defenses have been breached, we must guard EF!"

"You, as our leader, are figuratively the source of endurance for the troops," Wise Man said to ef. "Therefore we must protect you at all costs."

"Very well," ef replied.

Wise Man grabbed ef and leaped off the wall, landing on the street. He was followed by Maestro and Ryan (who was uninjured only because of the 'Divine Warrior' spell). The four then made a run for the city keep...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #474
"Stop that running. We don't hide in the city keep, and I'm not reigning royalty. I'm ef. So everybody to me, I'll surround us with an invisibility spell. Archmage, Firedrake fights at the rear, put a line of undead between him and the archers to give him some space. And refresh the ghouls at the gate, they've been diminished. Let me through. I don't like to use it, but I'm going to put a Terror Spell on the enemy troops. See - works well. We are well hidden - attack, Wise Man."

"Hey, you, get Sullust, I need his peculiar abilities. Tell him it's that or death for everyone."

--------------------
Polaris

Pages