New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #475
OOC: Well, if there's one thing I hate(other than people misunderstanding me) it's really screwed up and highly confusing situations. Oh well. Time to try to rid myself of one of those weaknesses.

IC:
(removed due to my slowness to post.

OOC: Why god? Why? I had a decent post and then it was destroyed by my slowness. Oh well. Time to come up with a new one

IC: *Mars appears behing ef.

Mars: Um, can I just hunt down and kill the soldiers with my magic?
ef: I suppose so. Wait, who said that?

*ef turns around and is shocked to see Mars.

Wiseman: I thought you were dead.
Ryan: Who said he was? I certainly didn't. I was wondering when this teleporting coward would return so I could finish what I started.
Mars: Um, maybe later. First I've got to do some soldier slaying.

*Mars casts Avatar and rushes some soldiers. Then he casts Merton, thus killing several soldiers.

[ Thursday, May 29, 2003 15:30: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #476
"For one like me, it is natural to run from open battle," Wise Man admitted. He was never the one to charge head on, or stand ground. "I only wanted a living leader. Maestro, come!"

"What scheme do you have this time?" Maestro sighed as he followed Wise Man's lead.

"Earlier on, I have had citizens place sandbag barriers blocking all major entry points except one, so Firedrake's troops can enter if necessary. This is because we have far less than enough to hold out on every front. Behind these entry points we can place traps."

OOC: Wise Man and Maestro will lay down traps all over the entry points of the city, like poison arrow traps, mines, etc.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #477
OOC: Well, I think it's time I make Ryan useful. But first I've just got to know on thing... "How in the unholy crimson hell did we manage to get involved in a massave war/rebellion?"

More importantly, "how could such expansive events happen without the main body of the Empire not know about it?"
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #478
OOC: i... ef should know more than i do, at this moment, i believe.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #479
OOC: We got involved in a major power struggle by Alec's invention. Though he did not plan for us to do this kind of battling. That was Firedrake. And it wouldn't be so bad, if all posters would refrain from making the enemy more powerful all the time.

IC: ef, smiling happily because she loves 'hopeless' situations calls a mist down on the enemy.

"Come on, boys, we are invisible, and they can't see much anyway. It shouldn't be so difficult now."

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #480
Sullust returns to his post and speaks with ef.

Sullust: I have decided that it is my duty to try and save as many lives as possible. If I must end a few in order to do so then so be it.

ef: It is good to be fighting along side you once more Sullust.

Sullust: I fight for no one.

Sullust snaps his finger and instantly the front lines of both armies are forced backwards by an abundance of magical energy. Another shift of his hands an a small crack appears in the ground between the two forces.

Sullust: Anyone who crosses that line will be dealt with.

An arrow flies from the one of the archers on the friendly side. Sullust immediatley grabs it with his mind and sends it back into the arm of the archer.

Sullust: This conflict is over!

A dark presence enters his mind.
It is far from over, but you may have this battle.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #481
OOC: So I'm assuming that me and my army are now on the cities side of this magical line right.

Firedrake and his army enter the city. Firedrake finds ef to report.

Firedrake: We managed to get the messangers through to the east. They should be back anytime now with word from the eastern cities...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #482
Ryan: Sullust, you really aren't much fun. But that isn't really my concern, now is it?

OOC: Btw, what's with the seemingly never-ending collection of powerful villans that can speak to members of our groups via telepathy? Oh well. It's time to end the fighting all together. Anyone other than Sullust have any good ideas? Or shall I screw it up with my pathetic attempts at improving? Oh well. Time to dig deep to see if I still have some creativity left...

IC:
(blank)

OOC: Nope. None at all.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #483
OOC: The voice is actually Sullust's he just doesn't realize it. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #484
OOC:
Oh, so Sullust is about has insane as LF was when he started out on this topic.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #485
OOC: My character isn't too trusting of Sullust right now, after the magical line incident and the slaughter of the enemy troop once he gets word of it.

Firedrake patroled the city wall, helping repair the damage, trying to boost the troop's morale, and helping with the wounded. So far the death count for his side was 102 dead, 50 injured.
That was nothing compared to the other side's losses. At least 400 dead, with hundreds more injured. He had gotten word from several people that Sullust had lost it and slaughtered many of the enemy troops. After the incident with the line, Firedrake had lost just about all of his trust in Sullust. He finished his patrol and was heading back down to the town center, when suddenly, several flying wyrms came into view. Firedrake half-smiled as it was the messangers bringing back word from the east. They approached the wall, and dismounted.

Messanger: Sir, I bring word from the east.

Firedrake: Follow me, we'll discuss this in the Town Hall.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #486
Alex began conspiring with all the magicians he could find to expand and alter Sullust's barrier to completely surround the enemy and then slowly cause it to move inward until all the enemy have been killed. Preparations should be done shortly.

[ Sunday, June 01, 2003 16:36: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #487
When Firedrake entered, Wise Man and Maestro were already waiting there, as well as a large part of the crew. "What took you so long?" Wise Man greeted him with the question. "We were about to send somebody to get you."

"Patrols," Firedrake replied.

"I see the wyrm riders are here. As soon as EF arrives, we'll begin."

--------------------
--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #488
Suddenly Sullust feels his own field shifting. He attempts to fix this; however, his magic has somehow been blocked. He then feels the presence of several other mages working together.

Sullust: No! This is not what I had intended!

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #489
"Sullust? What's wrong? Oh...I see."

'Archmage, not so hasty. Before you kill everybody, ask if they will surrender. Surrender is good enough for us. I don't want to lay the land waste, you know. Bad politics.'

"Is everone here now? Fine. Firedrake, let me thank you for getting us support. The wyrm riders will come and join us. It could well be that we will not have to do much fighting, if we appear in strength. Do not forget that the emperor is dead. There is a vacuum now, until a new regent is securely installed. I've heard that General Lewis killed the emperor's family, even the children. It is highly unlikely that the army will give him support, once this is known. So let us make it known, and let us move on to the capital. I for one want to know more about what's going on, and we have to be in the capital to find that out."

[ Monday, June 02, 2003 17:25: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #490
*Mars walks up to Ryan.

Mars: Well, it would appear that we are here and without any fights, I think we might as well finish ours.
Ryan: Perhaps, but I would not be as quick to play around if I were you. There are threats around you and you don't even see them.
Mars: Such as?
Ryan: For starters there's the obvious problem with that Sullust dude. A mage with that kind of power should be carefully watched. Especially after what he's done recently.
Mars: I'm aware of that. Also, for some reason that kind of stuff always ends up being important, but easily to deal with.
Ryan: Good point. But I think you should be cautious anyway.
Mars: True, but I'll probably end up dealing with it when it comes.
Ryan: Remind me to not waste time giving you advice you won't listen to in the near future.

OOC: Who do y'all think I should retire from this RP?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #491
OOC: Retire Mars

IC: "Ok, I suppose I could ask for surrender first." The barrier stops shrinking. A gap in the barrier opens. Alex magically projects his voice to the enemy. "Anyone who surrenders and throws down his weapons may pass through that gap. Anyone who comes through armed will be killed."

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #492
OOC: Why do you want to retire, Lone Flame?

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #493
OOC: I think he means a single character ef.

Firedrake and co. greated the Wyrm riders and noticed they had brought several hitchhikers. Firedrake signalled them to go to the City Hall for the meeting. We should go too Wise Man and Maestro...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #494
Sullust, still amazed that his powers have been chained, attempts even more forcefully to take control of the field of energy. However, his energy is not strong enough to break the binding spell.

Sullust: Archmage, this game is over. Release my powers!

Alex: Not quite yet, I have yet to achieve me goal. Besides, I have no guarantee that you won't use it against me once I free you.

Sullust: I am not some instrument through which you can cast spells!

Sullust begins to glow the same pale blue aura as before. It quickly fades as the energy he generates is eaten away by the binding spell. Sullust faints from the strain. As he does so the field which he created also disappears.

Alex: You fool! A few have retreated but it isn't enough for our armies to fight them off. Get up!

ef: What have you done to Sullust?!

Alex: He did it to himself. I was merely trying to use his spell to our advantage.

ef: Either way, this does not bode well for our escape. They may be able to catch up to us more quickly now. Let us make haste from here!

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #495
Wise Man and Maestro were about to enter City Hall, when a catapult stone slammed into the building. "This can't be good," Maestro stated as the two entered...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #496
OOC: If no one objects, I think I'll kill Sullust after I frag Mars.

IC:
*Mars rushes out to the field in an attempt to restore the barrier. Just as Mars arrives at the barrier, large portions of it disolve, freeing the warriors trapped behind it. Angry from their captivity, the soldiers lash out against the first enemy they see, which happens to be Mars. Mars tries to fight them off, but they are just too much for him to handle, and is ripped apart by the mob.

OOC: Now would be a good time for Alex to teleport everyone out of there. Btw, how many mages are actually in our little gang?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #497
OOC: I am a mighty archmage, Sullust seems to be quite a powerful mage, and while I am not sure we can classify ef as a mage, she seems to have great magical powers. Then there are scattered bits of magic throughout the rest of us.

IC: Realizing there is nothing left to gain here, Alex and ef betwwen them create a portal and everyone rushes through. Alex goes through last and, as he enters, uses the last of his strength to summon several demons to battle the enemy.

OOC: I don't know where this portal is supposed to go. Some one else decide.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #498
OOC: Let it be the capital, please, we have to go there.

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #499
OOC: I don't want my character to die just yet LF. I have some things I'd like to do with him before the final blow is dealt. However, his time is coming...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris

Pages