New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #400
"Sullust. Yes, archmage, I know I have to go to Kerli, but Sullust fainted."

ef sent a healing out to Sullust, relieved to find him well guarded. Then continued her rather hasty journey to Kerli.

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #401
After a few hours of resting Sullust awoke feeling strangely refreshed. He knew the reason for this and appreciated the gift that had been sent to him. However, his labor was far from over.

LF: Hey Sullust, it's about time you woke up. I was a bit worried.

Sullust: About what?

LF: I did some scouting while you were out. They've sent a regiment of troops to check out this city. They are maybe four or five hours away.

Sullust: Then we must work quickly.

LF: What do you need me to do?

Sullust: How long can you hold summons?

LF: It depends on the strength of the creature being summoned.

Sullust: How about a townsperson?

LF: That shouldn't be too hard, what did you have in mind?

Sullust: Focus your energies and begin summoning. I'll make further preparations. We must make this town seem like it did before the first battle.

LF: Those summons won't be strong enough to hold off the troops. Are you sure about this?

Sullust: The summons are a distraction; we'll be the one's who disperse of the army.

LF: Just the two of us?

Sullust: Yes. Now proceed with the summoning, we don't have much time.

Sullust heads down from the tower and heads toward the alchemy shop. After borrowing a few energy potions he proceeds to other shops in the town. Meanwhile LF begins the summoning.

[ Saturday, May 10, 2003 11:36: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #402
"Kerli at last, thank God. As soon as we are safely inside, we have a meeting. Firedrake, please report to me. Where is Namothil? I would like to hear his report as well. And Archmage, what can you tell me?"

[ Saturday, May 10, 2003 13:47: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #403
FD tells ef of the events since the night of the failed assasination of General Lewis and the Archmage, the trip to Coronis, and of several other various things.

FD: There's a meeting at the military center here, going on now, and I'm going to go there. You and the archmage should go too before it starts. I'll save some seats.

And with that FD leaves for the military center in Kerli.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #404
Wise Man noticed something strange about the surroundings. He was sure something was around EF et al, but he didn't know what.

A flat net of energy, barely visible as a blue haze, was fired at EF. Wise Man immediately recognized the design. He nudged EF out of the way, and destroyed it with his own Soul Web. He knew exactly who it was.

"Maestro!"

The blademaster behind him decloaked himself. "Long time no see, Wise Man."

"Maestro, what are you doing here?"
"The Guild sent me to help you out, they thought you were too new an Elite BM, so I had to come. Looks like they were wrong."
"Don't tell me you're going to follow me around all day, without the invisibility."
"How'd you know I was following you since you left for this continent?"
"I didn't."
"Oh. I guess you won't need much help then, I'll just explore around."
"Good. I'll see ya around, and you should sneak into the military centre here if you want."

Maestro nodded and left. "I'm ready if y'all are," the blademaster announced.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #405
Cyan: Ah, another blademaster. Clearly this little quest has begun to attract more and more powerful beings to undertake it. I hope we have enough for the task at hand.
Maestro: What is the task at hand?
Cyan: Well, there are the imediate problems. When those are done, LF, Mars, and I are supposed to destroy a very powerful creature that used the ascended dimension to travel to this one in order to take it over. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the being looks like, nor do I know where it's at.
Maestro: How do you intend to stop it?
Cyan: I'm not sure, but when the time comes I'm sure the solution will present itself.
Maestro: You're an idiot.
Cyan: I disagree, however, Guross isn't your problem, so stay out of it.
Mars: Cyan, you'd better quit while you're ahead. We have no time for pointless fighting.

*Cyan's eyes start glowing a blue color.

Cyan: Very well. So, what's going on now?

OOC:
Guross is a deadly being seeking power. He is manipulating the general and that archmage dude(not Alex)

[ Saturday, May 10, 2003 19:26: Message edited by: Lord Lone Flame ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #406
OOC: Maestro is an older blademaster than Wise Man. He is not as agile (being the older one), but he is highly experienced, much moreso than Wise Man. All he'll be doing is sneak around, and help out Wise Man when he seriously needs it.

Basically, Maestro won't do much, but when he decides to stop sneaking around and fight, he's VERY deadly.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #407
Feran wakes up in a room filled with naked animals.

Feran: Well this seems natural. It wouldn't be like animals would have clothes, ya know?

He walks around, and goes into the bath house, where he sees the female members of the SW community.

Feran: YAY THIS IN ROXXORS MY SOXXORS

Feran now dies for no reason.

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #408
Finally the soldiers reach the gate of the city. As they enter the town they they are amazed at what they see. There are people walking around and chatting with the others. As soon as they notice the soldiers they run to the center of the town, around the guard tower.

Sullust and LF wait at the top of the tower. The former is preparing to send arrows into the crowd of soldiers; the latter is in a coma like state trying to maintain all of his summons. The battle begins.

Sullust uses his kinetic abilities to send several well-aimed arrows into the crowd of soldiers at once. However, there are too many for him to take down alone. As more and more of the summons are slaughtered LF begins to regain conciousness.

Sullust: Drink a few of those energy potions to regain your strength. We don't have much time.

LF: I'm ready for a fight.

After drinking a few of the potions LF starts assisting in the assault. The sky cracks and begins to rain fire down upon the soldiers. Despite their efforts it is still not enough. The soldiers reach the bottom of the tower and begin to batter its supports.

Sullust: Go!

LF: I'm not leaving you to be captured.

Sullust: It won't do any good if both of us are captured. You must go warn the others.

Sullust uses his powers to push LF off of the guard tower. He lands a few yards away in a small pile of hay. A few of the soldiers go over to retrieve him. Sullust willingly climbs down from the tower and submits himself for capture.

OOC: LF it is your choice if you want your character to be captured or not.

[ Sunday, May 11, 2003 08:17: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #409
*LF pulls out his teleportation orb and crushes it enough for it to crack slightly. Then he throws it at a soldier, causing it to shatter, thus creating a rift through space and time which sucks up some of the soldiers before closing. Using this as a distraction, LF proceeds to run out of the city, slaying as many soldiers as he can along the way. Eventually LF travels several miles away from the city and soon decides to stop and make camp.

LF: I hope Sullust is okay. Which reminds where are the others? And why am I talking to myself.

*LF hears a twig snap in the forest, cause him to get up and investigate, only to find that there's nothing there.

LF: Strange. Oh well, back to camp.

*LF is jumped from behind by a shadowy figure. After some struggling, LF overpowers the creature and binds him in a force cage.

LF: Who are you, and what do you want?
Guross: It doesn't matter, cause you're not going to be alive long enough to care.

*Guross breaks the force cage and encases LF in an energy net(similar to the Blademaster ones, but not made by Blademasters).

LF: Do you actually think this net going to hold me?
Guross: Of course.

*LF tries to break free from the net, but fails. After being dragged by the figure for a few hundred feet, LF manages to active one of his wristblades and cuts through the net enough to free himself. Then LF slashes the creature, but it only goes through him.

Guross: Fool! Now you die!
LF: I'm already dead, you dult.
Guross: So, you are the idiot sent to destroy me!?! I was just expecting one of the pathetic drug dealers. This is better than I expected.
LF: Will you shut up so we can get on with the fighting?
Guross: Of course. Feel my power!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #410
The soldiers take Sullust, in chains, along with them. The runes on the cuffs indicate that they can absorb any magic. Only the correct key can open the braces. In an attempt to keep himself occupied, Sullust engages in a conversation with one of the soldiers.

Sullust: Excuse me, where are we heading?

Soldier: Why don't you keep your mouth shut and keep walking!

Discouraged by this he looks toward another soldier and tries to make communcation.

Sullust: Do you know where we are going?

Soldier: We were planning on heading back to the nearest barracks; however, we found a huge set of tracks leading out of the city.

Sullust: Guess I didn't do a good enough job.

Commander: Who are you talking to?!

Soldier: The prisoner, sir.

Commander: We don't have time for this. You can drag him the rest of the way if you like him so much.

The commander hits Sullust over the head with the blunt end of his sword. Hit hard by the blow, he falls to the ground unconcious. The soldier is forced to carry Sullust on his back for the time being.

After a few more minutes of marching the trail the soldiers had been following ends with no warning. It is as if the people who walked the path simply vanished. A shuriken is stuck in a nearby tree.

Commander: What is the closest town from here?

Soldier: Aside from Coronis, Kerli.

Commander: How do we get there from here?

Soldier: Well, we've been heading in the opposite direction. We'll have to go past Coronis again.

Commander: What?!

The soldiers begin walking in the other direction. The commander 'encourages' them to move faster. Closer inspection would have revealed a small quote written onto the shuriken. 'See how the blind mice run-Maestro'

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #411
LF: On second thought can we do this some other time. My friends need my help.
Guross: No. I will slay my hunter and end the pursuit of me, so I can finish my plan. And nothing you can say Cyan will stop me.
LF: 2 things. 1rst if you slay me, another is already ready to take my place. 2nd I'm Lone Flame, not Cyan.
Guross: What??!!!? Wait. I don't believe you. Why would Cyan incorperate the help of his cousin, whom he hates so much?
LF: I've been wondering that one for a while now. But apperantly you've never seen Cyan before, or you would know that I'm not him. Doesn't matter... Look behind you! It's a distraction!
Guross: Do you think I'm an idiot?
Distraction: Hi! Do you want to be my friend?
Guross: What the...

*Guross looks behind him and sees the "distraction", while LF teleports out of there. Then distraction disappears and Guross turns back only to see that LF is gone. LF appears at Kerli.

LF: That was very close. Time to find the others.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #412
"Oh very well done, Firedrake. Archmage, I'd appreciate your presence at the meeting. Let us go. Everyone else, stay close to the building, please, as a guard and keep your eyes and ears open."

[ Monday, May 12, 2003 09:13: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #413
Alex goes to the meeting.

OOC: What meeting is this exactly? Just a generic meeting of those who are in kerli?

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #414
OOC: A military meeting of members of Kerli and Coronis, maybe others as well. Presumably about how to defend ourselves against imperial attacks.

[ Monday, May 12, 2003 12:21: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #415
ef, Archmage Alex, and Firedrake head into the meeting and take some seats.

Ryan (Ex-mayor of Coronis): What's our next move? With Coronis gone, it's a short walk for Lewis's army to here.

Braxis (Mayor of Kerli): We have an army. We have 1500 troops here, 400 surviving troops from Coronis, 250 Wyrm Riders from the North, 600 from Dela and 300 from Zerwel.

Herrald: Don't forget the elites from Waylan.

Braxis: So we have around 3000 troops so far.

Michael (Commander of the Braxis army): Plus, we might be able to recruit some soldiers to our cause. But unfortionately we're cut of from the east.

Firedrake: I have a plan to get around that...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #416
"Firedrake, you are amazing. Why did I never realize the full measure of your talents before? Tell us your plan."

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #417
"I can attempt to stall the enemy army. My partner Maestro, wherever he is, informed me of their communication methods. A lot of it involves chemical signal flares. I can try to fool their army this way, stealing their signal flares and giving out false signals. It's risky, but it would be a little easier if one person joins me and Maestro."

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #418
*LF bursts into the room(I think it's a room)

LF: Sullust was captured!
SomeGuy: Uh, who are you?
LF: Sorry, wrong room.

*LF leaves and enters the room with his friends in it.

LF: Sullust was captured by that army thingy.
ef: This is terrible news.
Wiseman: Indeed. Hey, LF wanna help me stall the army and try to save Sullust?
LF: Um, how bout you let Cyan do it? I'm kind of need to rest. Between the both the countless soldiers and Cyan's prey trying to kill me, I'm a bit weakened.
Wiseman: Okay. Hey Cyan, you wanna help me stall the army and give the city time to defend itself?
Cyan: Sure. When do we start?

[ Monday, May 12, 2003 14:22: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #419
OOC:
quote:
originally posted by Lone Flame ...that army thingy...
Would that be a thingy that's kind of like an army, or an army that resembles a thingy? :D
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #420
Sullust regains his sense of self and finds himself alone with the soldier he was conversing with earlier. It is late at night, a fire burns nearby.

Sullust: Where have the rest of them gone?

Soldier: They have gone on ahead. I've been instructed to make sure you come no where near the battle.

Sullust: I will be freed soon enough, why don't you save some time and just let me go.

Soldier: Treason is punishable by death.

Sullust: Poor child, there are things worse than that.

Soldier: Talk as you wish; your magic holds no blade to me as long as it is bound by those cuffs.

Sullust: So be it.

While the cuffs held Sullust's powers from being cast on anyone around him, they did not stop him from casting them on himself. In order to free himself he crushed his hands to a smaller size. He easily slides freely out of the chains.

Sullust: Your chains bind me no longer.

Soldier: What?! How did you get free?

Before the soldier has a chance to question him further Sullust flings a nearby rock into his head. The man falls unconcious.

Sullust: Forgive me, however, I cannot have you warning the others before I find them.

Sullust burns his hands in the fire to stop the bleeding. He then walks off into the night. He is unaware of the deadly infection that has entered him through the wound.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #421
OOC: hey Sullust, how about i meet up with you later on? IC in the morning, i'm tired.

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #422
Cyan: Well, I think we'd better head out. See y'all later.

*Wiseman and Cyan leave to meet up with Maestro.

Mars: I must prepare for this up comming battle. If anyone needs me I'll be at the bar, um, I mean, off training somewhere.

*Mars leaves rather hurridly before anyone notices that he's gone.

LF: I think I'll go help forge weapons for the townspeople.

*LF leaves and heads for the forge.

(at the bar... I mean, in some place)

Mars: So, what do you do?
Lizz: Basically I'm a farmer. And you?
Mars: I kill people and creatures. Basically I'm an mercenary.
Lizz: Wow! That must be very exciting. Are you going to help defend our town from the approaching army?
Mars: Of course. And that army won't a chance against me or my comrads in arms.
Lizz: I've been thinking of becoming a warrior for hire. Do you think you could take me as an apprentice?
Mars: No. I couldn't deny myself the chance to live a life of happyness with one as beautiful as yourself.
Lizz: Aw, you say the sweetest things...

OOC: Lame, isn't it?
IC:(meanwhile at the local forge)

LF: You're doing it all wrong!
Smith: Do you want to do this yourself?
LF: Gladly, cause you obviously don't know what you're doing.

*LF slides a shortsword under a steak and turns it over.

LF: Like I said, if you don't turn it over at regular intervals, the steaks don't get cooked evenly.
Smith: Alright. I get it. Now, where were we?
LF: I believe we were just finishing up the molds for the sword production, but first I think I'll get the sausage off, since it's done.

[ Monday, May 12, 2003 20:24: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #423
OOC: That sounds good Wiseman. I was planning on having Sullust wander aimlessly around until he either collapsed from illness or one of you found him.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #424
Wise Man and Cyan met up with Maestro outside the base. Maestro looked alarmed and hurried. "We must move fast. The enemy has begun the march. Let's move through the forest, and enter their base by the proverbial back door. Follow me, I know the way."

Maestro, Cyan and Wise Man was a mere 15 minutes away from the base when they spotted a figure stumbling around nearby. They approached carefully to investigate. It was Sullust, barely alive!

Wise Man saw that his hands where bloodied and half-crushed. "He did this to his own hands to escape his captors. From the looks of it, he won't survive unless someone stays to provide first aid."

"But wouldn't a healing spell do?" Cyan inquired.

"No," Maestro answered. "The wounds are not clean; they seem to have a serious infection. Someone needs stay and purge at least some of it."

"Well, the base is just nearby." Wise Man announced, "Maestro, you can stay and help Sullust. Cyan, spot for Maestro. I will enter the base and steal a few flares. I won't be long."

With that, Wise Man approached the base until he was right beside a side palisade wall. An archer was conveniently asleep at the top. Heh heh. The perfect cushion.

Wise Man chucked a shuriken up at the archer, and it lodged itself inside the head and into the brain, killing him instantly. The corpse landed right on a palisade, making a perfect cushion against the spike. He attached a hook (you know, those stereotypical wall-climbing ones on TV) to a rope, and hurled it above the wall. After hearing it lock on to the surface, he climbed up, leaning on the body at the top to keep himself from getting impaled. After searching the base cloaked, Wise Man found the room with the signal flares. He quietly took a few, and leapt back over the wall, making sure to get rid of the hook, and tossing the dead archer's body out of sight...

--------------------
--------------------

Pages