New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #175
The current fighting has nothing to do with the Aizo plotline, and I don't plan for the Aizo plotline to extend in a "kill-thousands-of-redshirts-and-randomly-advance-plot" fashion.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #176
OOC: You don't expect me to say I'm sorry to hear that, or?

--------------------
Polaris
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #177
OOC: Thank you for explaining ef. While desciptive battle scenes are nice occasionally, taking over a week to describe in minute detail a single raid is a bit excessive. I look forward to this new plot.

IC: Alex continues preparations for the trip to Aizo, gathering supplies researching good inns to stay at, etc.

OOC: By the way, are we teleporting to Aizo or going by boat? I need to know which to arrange for.

[ Saturday, April 05, 2003 05:20: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #178
*LF goes off on a journy to find his lost jacket...

Mars: Now that that's over, I think I'll replace my depleted supply of throwing knives...

*Mars does a MGS style raid on the chick fort. He sneak his way to the forge.

Mars: Ah good, it's just the way I left it.

*Mars prepares the forge to make throwing daggers. After he makes about 20 of them, he trips on a breastplate left carelessly on the floor and his right hand gets caught in the way of the liquid metal that was going into the mold.

Mars(in a very loud voice): OW!!!!!! Dear god it hurts!!!!

*Suddenly a whole bunch of guards barge into the forge and see Mars rolling around on the ground with one less hand than he had when he entered the fort.

Guard: What are you doing here?

Mars: Well, I was making weapons, but now I think I'll leave before I loose another body part.

Guard: Good choice.

*Mars grabs his throwing daggers and storms out of the fort.

OOC: Ye holy edit!
Alex is right. We don't need to be pulling a DBZ(making a very short fight take over a week to complet)

[ Saturday, April 05, 2003 05:26: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #179
OOC: Good question, Alex. I wish, Sasha came up with some hints. I do not know, if he expects us to go to Aizo and wait for him to start his story or if he is journeying with us or journeying us. So, Sasha/Alec - give us a hint?

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 444
Profile Homepage #180
Uhhh, where are we now that we killed them all?

--------------------
JESUS FREAK
Strategy Sports at its Finest

WE CONTROL THE WAY YOU MOVE
FEAR US

Starting soon: Progress on The Hammer Falls, a fun filled BoE scenario with lots of undead to kill.

Come on, click here! Please?! PLEASE?! Here
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #181
We are going by boat. Ilofekh is sadly rather busy with affairs at home, but he has an assistant he could send.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #182
OOC: OK, I'll get us together.

IC:

ef, studying the magic artifacts she had brought with her after the battle, paused for a moment and listened. It seemed to her that the Nightmares were through with collecting their plunder. Moreover, there'd been no sign of Alorael anywhere around or in that building. Deciding that it was time for them to come home, she teleported them all back to the inn, where Archmage Alex was busy preparing everything for their sea voyage to Aizo. ef thanked them all and advised them to get as much rest as they could, as they had still to wait for Ilofekh's assistant, who would journey with them.

[ Saturday, April 05, 2003 13:19: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #183
Waking up from unconciousness, FD is confused to where his is.

FD: What happened?

Wise Man: I don't know. I noticed you were missing and sensed you were in trouble so I came looking for you. These guys were about to capture you before I killed them.

FD checks the dead for insignia or other info, and notices that they are Empire troops.

FD: This is strange, we should bring this to ef...
where's Namothil?

Wiseman: He already left. Let's get going.

And the two leave the quiet town.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #184
Wise Man and Firedrake get back to the Inn.

Reaching the fort, FD reports to ef, telling her of the Assasin, and the Slith Mage, and the Empire Soldiers at the town. He then shows ef the insignia of one of the uniforms.

FD: What do you make of all this ef?

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #185
"It confirms what I already know, that General Lewis and the Slith Mage are in league with each other. To find out more it is high time for us to go to Aizo. The Imperial Ruler may also be part of this or he may be an unconscious victim. That remains to be seen."

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #186
OOC: I should have known. All I killed was a bloody augmented shade of the archmage. Oh well. I'll get him next time.

IC...

Mars: Hmmm... Let's see here. I now only have one hand. What could I possibly do with only one hand?!!?

*Mars thinks for a bit, then he goes up to his(formerly LF's) room and thinks. After some pacing around he trips on some scrap metal.

Mars: Is it too much to ask that... Hey wait a sec... I've got it!

*Mars goes outside and summons a slith a gathers some clay, which Mars transforms into a mold. The slith takes the mold to Mars's room. After some work Mars makes a small forge in his room and makes armband with a retractable dagger, which he puts on after desummoning the slith. After some testing Mars is certain of the capabilities of the armband.

Mars: Now that's more like it. I'll see just how well this thing really works on my next mission.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #187
After a great deal of work Alex had gathered all the necessary supplies for the trip; spare clothes, food, magical and healing supplies, etc. All that remained was to find a ship. Alex headed out for the nearest port...

Finding a ship proved harder than Alex had planned. Most ships charged exorbitant fees per passenger and those that didn't were barely sea-worthy. Then he came upon The Vengeful Butterfly. A huge lime green luxury ship that actually charged decent prices, The Vengeful Butterfly was the perfect ship for the people of the New Silvar Inn. Acquiring the necessary funds, Alex went to meet the captain and pay for passage.

-----------------------------------------------

Alex approaches a man in a bright purple captains uniform who, strangely, seems to have two peg legs.

Alex: Hello there! I seek passage on your fine ship for myself and some friends.

The man turns, revealing a missing arm and a face with no nose and a patch over one eye.

Captain Ohab: ARRRRRHHH!!! I be Ohab! The captain of The Vengeful Butterfly! What be your business here!

Alex: I seek passage on your fine vessel to Aizo.

Captain Ohab: ARRRRHHHH! Be that so! Well, first ye must cross me hand with gold and answer me riddle!

Alex: All right, here you go. (Alex pays the fees)

Captain Ohab: ARRRRHHHH! All righty! Ye may sail upon me ship ye can answer me riddle! What be the air-speed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut?! (for you Monty Python fans ;) )

Alex: 43.6 m/sec.

Captian Ohab: ARRRRHHH! All righty! Ye may ride upon me ship!

------------------------------------------------

Very satisfied with the new arrangements, Alex goes back to the Inn to tell of the great ship they all get to ride on.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #188
in the forest a tree falls, but it doesn't make a sound.

(more to this later)

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #189
"Well done, Archmage, but it may be safer and more convenient to charter the whole ship instead of passages. Try if that is possible, will you? And ask Raphnotch, if he has a mind to come with us."

OOC: Raphnotch, not that it matters, but it is fremd, not fremde.

[ Monday, April 07, 2003 13:50: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #190
OOC: I changed my mind. I'll just go with the group. I didn't know it was an ocean. I thought it was a river.

FD gets stuff ready and heads out for the boat that Alex has chartered.

FD: So, uh..., what are we doing in Aizo, and why?

OOC: I'm a little confused about why we are going to Aizo.

[ Tuesday, April 08, 2003 16:19: Message edited by: Firedrake221 ]

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #191
After another unusual encounter with Captain Ohab, Alex secures the ship for the private use of the New Silvar Inn.

OOC: FD, you are crossing an ocean. It would take at least weeks. Besides, if you suddenly jumped the plot ahead several days we should have left, but we are still waiting for Ifolkek's(sp?) assistant. Why don't you just leave for Aizo now, and when we are about a week away, you arrive there?

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #192
OOC: Yay! A boat trip!

IC...

Mars: Hey Alex, I hear that y'all are going on a trip across the ocean. Can I come?

*Alex looks at Mars's right arm and sees that there isn't a hand there.

Alex: I guess so, although you really shouldn't be doing stuff without your other arm.

Mars: This isn't a problem. I still have magic. And I do have this.

*Mars pushes a button on his armband and a long dagger pops out. Mars then slices a chair in half.

Alex: Cool.

Mars: Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

*Mars puts on a ring of regeneration in place of his ring of resistance. Then Mars puts on an Onyx Amulet to supliment the loss of the ring as best he can.

[ Monday, April 07, 2003 18:40: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #193
"Our activities are likely going to be clandestine in nature. I don't feel it'd be advantageous for you to make such a display in public."
"Eh? Who said that?"
*Something humanoid steps out of the shadows. Its voice is raspy and cold, but it is completely obscured by black robes. It seems to dissolve into the night sky.*
"I said that. Such ostentatious displays of power have been clearly frowned upon my my associate. And besides that, you'll already stick out like a sore thumb in Aizo."
"What in the world do you mean?"
"Aizo, as you know, is at the southern part of the world; at least most of the parts worth mentioning are. Although some approaches and even crosses the central line, all of the wealthy and Imperial areas are in Southern Aizo. Southern Aizoans tend to be pale, rail-thin, and tall -- three characteristics that I would be hard-pressed to find amongst current company. Luckily, Aizo is a civilized part of the world, and they only look on foreigners with inert contempt. But any excessive displays of power are likely to wind us up in jail -- or in a morgue."
"But we can handle any Imperial jailers easily! We are trained prof--"
"Exactly! You're trained professionals going after a paranoid enemy, and you should know damned well that that enemy will take the slightest local disturbance to be a plot against their lives and well-beings. Should you wind up in jail for disturbing the peace -- or worse, should news of your having killed Imperial guards resisting arrest -- so close to their headquarters, it is likely they will use all the connections in their grasp to make sure the Directory is informed."

Anyone who knew about the Directory shuddered at its mention. It evoked varying images; for Imperials it was the historical battles of the Civil War in Pralgad and the tribal uprisings in Vantanas; for Exiles it was only one prominent ugliness: Cotra. Whatever the image, the picture was that the Directory was an entity without the barest scrap of human decency, and they never seemed to fail.

"...I see your point. I'll try to tone it down..."
"Szas. Lord Szas."

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #194
"Lord Szas, your advice is appreciated, as is your company. Advise me then what garments will be proper for a middle-aged lady in Aizo. Also what kind of hairstyle. I will not get myself a different body, I wish my people to recognize me. So nothing will ever make me tall, but I can adapt to your custom, as can my men."

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #195
OOC: Edited my last post, I'm just gonna go with the rest of the group. Alone on a small boat for weeks isn't too smart.

FD: So, I should probably keep hidden and stay in the shadows, maintaining a low profile while we are in Aizo?

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #196
OOC: Yes, FD. You should maintain a low profile.

IC: Alex immediately had Captian Ohab paint his ship a less noticeable brown with white trim and had him change into a blue uniform. The Captain was stubborn about the name of the ship but settled for The Vengeful Wildebeast.

Also, Alex annouced that he could magically alter his appearance to blend in and could alter another's appearance for up to 3 hours at a time, though the former would limit his magic and the latter is quite draining.

[ Tuesday, April 08, 2003 16:34: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #197
*Mars walks up to Alex and pulls out a Cloak of Selective Invisibility.

Alex: What is that?
Mars: Didn't you read the action description thingy?
Alex: What are you talking about?
Mars: Nevermind. It's a Cloak of Selective Invisibility.
Alex: Right... And what is with that armband thing?
Mars: I'll show you.

*Mars pushes a button and the dagger pops out and Mars slices a crate in half.

Alex: How is that blending in?
Mars: That's what the cloak's for.
Alex: Whatever...
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #198
"Mars, just stay out of sight, okay?"
"What about you?"
"I at least have some knowledge of the rudiments of disguise. And I'll still be staying out of sight. I hope."
"Why?"
"Because if I'm not staying out of sight, it means I'm doing something visible. And if I'm doing something visible, then something has gone wrong. And the same is true for you."

[ Wednesday, April 09, 2003 07:05: Message edited by: Namothil ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #199
"Lord Szas, if it is convenient - my people and I are going to leave now.

Archmage Alex, is everything stored safely? Fine. Captain, let's go."

[ Wednesday, April 09, 2003 14:17: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris

Pages