New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #125
If you paid attention to my post, Namothil, you would have known those were his last words. Uber-powerful? What's that? Do you expect me to know everything? I'm 11! and what does ooc mean? And btw?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #126
OOC: He was supposed to be dead at the point when you posted. Certainly not in any shape to work magic. Having your throat slashed open and then being set on fire does produce serious problem.
Uber-powerful : Extremely powerful. In your case, skilled melee fighter and skilled mage in one person.
OOC: Out-of-context or Out-of-character, depending on context. Here, it means Out-of-character.
BTW: By the way.
No, I do not expect you to know everthing. I do expect you to make some effort to learn. You've been repeatedly told about these high-powered characters you're playing as. It's not as big an issue here, but, given your history, I personally would be a bit more comfortable if you'd tone it down a bit. Give yourself some odd disadvantages.
For example, my character does have a reasonably large repertoire of spells. Some of them are even useful. There are two problems. One, most of those spells aren't very useful. Two, he can never remember which spell produces which effect.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #127
He can barely jump, although he CAN fly. Pretty much his only fighting move is using his trident, which WAS hand-crafted, making it good quality.
And yes, he IS a good pyromancer(mage that is well-diversed in fire spells, his healing spell is cauterize, from warlords battlecry 2, The G(Gargoyle, The Great Daemon) is a copy of my daemon-hero of Warlords Battlecry 2. He is resistent to piercing, and slashing attacks, but has a weakness towards crushing attacks. He has fire spells, which can be easily countered by water spells, cauterize is the only way he can heal using magic, and he can't quite remember which spells do what.

[ Sunday, March 30, 2003 03:48: Message edited by: Gargoyle, The Great Daemon ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #128
OOC: You have hopped into an action of the Nightmare Squad, TGD, which is under my command. So it is I who hire you, if you want to participate. You are a blatant killing person in Lethalis' group and get your orders from him. If you try overpowerful spells and the kind of things I've seen you do in other RP's, we'll ignore your posts. Quite officially, Drakefyre is still manager of this operation, just to remind you.

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #129
I have the name Gargoyle, so The G is the prefered short version of my name.

The G: I had better get payed for this(I'm a mercenary, remember? Or a blatant killing person, what does blatant mean?), I await commands.

[ Sunday, March 30, 2003 05:44: Message edited by: Gargoyle, The Great Daemon ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #130
OOC: GD, you don't NEED to have magic and physical combat skills all in one package. Look at my character, Wise Man the blademaster. He's extremely dextrous, agile and fast moving, making him nearly unmatchable in combat; if he can't dodge something he can parry it. He, like all other blademasters, is a mutant born to mage parents. The mutation he carries causes him to be unable to use magic or magical items (ex. potions, scrolls, wands), and he also lacks brute strength. He has a more powerful soul than others though, and he can project its energy at others.[/rant]

IC:
"I can feel the undeath and dark energies floating around in this basement," Wise Man warned. "If we split up, it would be suicide. Let's go together. And light some torches, they might prove to be a good weapon."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #131
*The G then casts hand of flame and his hand catches on fire.*

The G: It smells in here, I think the undead spawn here.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #132
"Excellent idea, for the rest of you. I need my swords, and, having only two arms, can't wield a torch with them." Namothil waited as torches were collected and lit, and then the group proceeded deeper into the fortress. After a few minutes, he held up his hand. "Move slowly. There's something in front of us. Not sure what, but it isn't good."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #133
*Then, the flame on The G's(TGD's) hand whip up and shot part of itself at the bad thing in front of them(hand of flame spells are spells that shoot unfriendly creatures in range of sight, although weak, they are efficient(sp?).).*

Thing: Yaaaaahhhh(NOT dead.)!
The G: What is that thing, is it an undead creature?

[ Sunday, March 30, 2003 08:42: Message edited by: Gargoyle, The Great Daemon ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #134
That Slith Archmage guy: What the.... How did you find me?!!?
Mars: I don't know. LF, how did we find him?
LF: I don't know. By all accounts it doesn't make sense.

OOC...

JHM3: LF, come up with an explanation for you and Mars finding that Slith dude.
That Slith dude: I have a name!
JHM3: I don't know it, so shut up.
Mars: I've got it! LF used his specture powers to locate that slith dude.
JHM3: Kind of weak but it'll have to do.

IC...

LF: I can see into the past and the future, for I know many things.
Slith dude: What?!?! You son of a...
Mars: This time I won't think twice about killing you, you sadistic....
LF: ...whinning, worthless...
Mars: waste of a body.
Slith dude: Did you really have to work together on that, or do you share the same brain.
Mars: You piece of... I'll frelling kill you!

*Mars lunges at the archmage, but the archmage teleports out of the way.

Slith dude: Pathetic humans. Weak and foolish.
LF: Hey Slith boy, you forgot about me...

*The archmage turns his sights away from Mars, and is blasted by one of Mars's fireball spells.

Slith dude: Cheap shot. Now the child dies.

*An image of a child dying a horrible death appears in Mars's mind.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #135
The G to slith guy: You may be able to beat humans, but what about daemons?!*Intensifies hand of flames, making it rain tiny fireballs upon the slith guy.*

Slith guy: Ow, too many fireballs.
The G: How could you show a child's death to a human? You seem to be worse than me, and I'm an assasin(I meant to say assasin before, but mercenary came out.)!

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #136
OOC: TGD, LF is off on his own segment of the assault - if you're with the group hunting necromancers, you can't be helping LF.

IC:
"Not exactly. You just had to wake it up, didn't you?"
"What? What is it?"
"Banshee. I hope you can cancel sound. Wise Man! Lethalis! How are you at resisting banshee wails? I'll survive, but won't be able to do much, unless I try a sound-dampening spell."

OOC: First point - Fighting is not always the best solution. Don't be too eager to blast everything in sight.

[ Sunday, March 30, 2003 18:16: Message edited by: Namothil ]
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #137
*Mars just laughs at the image.

Slith dude: What's so funny?
Mars: You didn't actually kill a child.
Slith dude: Yes I did.
LF: No you didn't.
Slith dude: Prove it!
LF: You were just playing mind tricks on Mars. Much like what you did to me, only Mars was a bit better equiped to handle it.
Slith dude: But how?
Mars: A Ring of Will, you idiot.
Slith dude: But you can't have more than 2 rings equiped!
Mars: It's called taking one off and replacing it with another.
LF: Now we shall continue to have more pointless dialog with you instead of killing you right away, but only if you don't kill us while we're talking to ourselves about how badly we're losing when you bring out a lot of power out of nowhere and start winning the fight.
Slith dude: What is this, DBZ?!!?!?
Mars: Good point. Let us kill this mage and go home.

*Mars blasts the archmage with a Flare spell. Then the archmage counters with a Divine Thud spell. LF summons a she-demon.

Mars: Hey LF, why'd you bring Martha Steward into this?
LF: Just cause.
Archmage: Back you wrecked demon!

*The archmage kills Martha Steward.

Mars: You have just done the universe a great service, but you're still gonna die.

*Mars castes Quick, then Reflect. Then he castes Flare and Firestorm on the archmage. The archmage counters with a Kill spell, but it's bounced back at him.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #138
Lethalis grabs The G and disrupts his nervous system, paralyzing and blinding him. The creature drops to the ground, conscious, but unable to move, feel, or see. With the first threat out of the way, Lethalis slashes at the banshee's throat with his claws. He catches only air though, as his hand went right through the spirit. As the banshee begins to wail. Namothil's spell finishes, and all sound ceases to exist in the hallway. Backing away from the insubstantial figure, Lethalis decides to let the two assassins deal with it.

OOC: Flaming Blade, your character is out of the action until the end of this mission. If need be I WILL kill your character to prevent a god syndrome.

You have shown an utter lack of respect for everyone else's characters and storyline in the other RP you frequented, and I will not allow you to ruin this one. Your character is still overpowered, because his weaknesses are too limited. either remove all of his magic, or all of his ability for physical combat. You don't know how to balance them yet, and I don't have the time, patience, or inclination to teach you. My character is ranked higher than yours in the drug ring, if he gives a command to your character, I expect it to be obeyed. I can't delete your posts, but I will completely ignore them if you make yourself a nuisance.

I don't expect you to know everything at once, but here are some things you should know: Read every post, and read the summary thread. If you can't do that then try a different RP. I will give you warnings if I think you are getting out of line; I'll give you one or two warnings, after that, you and your character will cease to exist to me. Stop changing your screen name, it's annoying; pick one and stick with it.

If you can abide by my rules in this case, I might even begin to treat you with some respect.

EDIT: D'oh! Typo demons struck me as I posted!

[ Sunday, March 30, 2003 20:36: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #139
OOC: hey, just ignore him like i've been doing all along.

IC:
Channeling energy into his weapon, Wise Man attacked the banshee from the side. Thinking that a physical weapon won't hurt it, the banshee just stood there and took the strike. It was wrong. The energy overpowered her to the point of disabling it.

"Forget killing the banshee, let it torture the Demon when it recovers!" With that, the three moved on...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #140
OOC:

*LF starts laughing.

Mars: What's so funny?

LF: These guys just beat up a retarded demon with delusions of being all-powerful.

*LF explains the details to Mars.

Mars: That is funny.

IC...

Mars: LF, why aren't you helping me?

LF: Sorry, got side tracked...

Mars: How... nevermind.

*Mars rips out the archmage's heart and decapitates him. Then LF castes Soul Fire on the body, destroying the archmage's soul.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #141
Then where am I? I'm confused here.

*The G rises from the ground.*

The G: Good thing I had a magical shield, still alive, and Lethalis, although I'm in your group, you aren't quite strong enough to kill me. I am a daemon(spelled demon now, but he's old english, born before the revolution.), therefore I am much harder to kill than a mortal being. If you need me, I will be in the fiery, daemonic world of Daemon, Atlantis, the place where all fire daemons were born(the Atlantian ones, anyway.)!

[ Monday, March 31, 2003 11:24: Message edited by: Gargoyle, The Great Daemon ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #142
The party reached the necromancers' chamber without further incident. Pausing outside, they prepared to attack.
Lethalis asked, "Namothil, can you manage some sort of bless or haste spell?"
"You're joking, right? Getting that silence spell right was a minor miracle. I'd rather not push my luck, even if we are facing someone who can summon banshees."
"Then on the count of 3. 1...2...3!"
The door smashed in, revealing a large, murky room. Eight necromancers were standing in a circle around a ninth, chanting loudly.
"Lich ritual. We need to break it up, now!"

[ Monday, March 31, 2003 11:38: Message edited by: Namothil ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #143
Meanwhile, back at the Inn...

two men sidle up to the bar...
the barkeep immediately becomes nervous b/c people around here don't sidle.
Fed Up Customer: you know this Scribbane is making me weaker and weaker as I use it?
Anonymous Barkeep: yes.
Dissatisfied Customer: and it is addictive!
AB: Yes.
Customers: Well, what are you going to do about it?
AB: Sell you more at a ridiculous price?
Customers: NO!
AB: Well then, you probably want to quit, don't you.
Cs: Yes.
AB: I feel obliged to tell you that most people who try on thier own to quit die.
Cs: So where can we get help?
AB: There is a lovely clinic just down the way, across the stream where you can get professional help. on the roof.
Cs: Good!
the anonymous Bartender quickly sheds his disguise, goes outside, does 7/8 of a cartwheel and falls over to the roof of the clinic, completely unnoticed by the next batch of ginuea pigs.

back at the battle:

A lone uber-powerful god character rushes in, sword flashing and slashing, kills a roomful of evilness in a jiffy, then puts the loot in a sack, puts that sack in another sack, and then puts the second sack back in the first sack. That portion of reality rapidly destabilizes and crashes. $&^%()$^$&% unstable cheat mode!!!

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #144
Ok, but where should I be in this rp, besides Daemon, Atlantis(where Gargoyle, my rp character was created.)?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #145
OOC: This RP is set into the empire lands that have been given to Avernites. It has an inn, a skribbane ring with enemies, a hospital and a museum. There are political intrigues and power struggles. The long and short: this RP deals with humans, not gods. It knows no Atlantis, as Atlantis is not part of the Avernum series. We all adapt to that, and so will you, if you want to play with us.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #146
OOC: TGD, there are two groups attacking the rival ring's base - Lone Flame has one, Lethalis has the other. You were with Lethalis's group, until he got annoyed with you when you woke up a monster that we really didn't need to fight. (Hint: When someone says 'move slowly' that means 'move slowly' NOT 'Blast whatever happens to be ahead')

Oh, and please, drop this 'Atlantis' fixation.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #147
I got bored with Atlantis, I'm scrapping my Empowered Sliceon lego(Sad, it's 2 and a half feet long, a personal record, oh, I won't, I'll call him Scorn instead, that name was a coincidence, although his name describes him, and Scorn IS a daemon.). So, when do I go back in?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #148
OOC: It's Lethalis job to let you back in, Steven. He is the leader. But I think he will, when you present him an interesting character that plays well.

--------------------
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #149
OOC: RH and Namothil, combat starts now.

IC:
Wise Man entered and discharged 4 shurikens from each hand, taking 3 of the necros out. Lethalis then charged at them head-on, while the assassin and blademaster flanked...

--------------------
--------------------

Pages