New Silver Inn v2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Silver Inn v2.0
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #150
*With the evil Slith Archmage dispatched, Mars and LF rejion the warriors.

Mars: Hey, Wiseman what's... Holy frell!

*Mars rushes a necromancer, while LF annoys... I mean, distracts another.
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #151
'Parry... slash... What? NO!'
"The spell is almost complete! Kill the leader, now!"
Namothil lunged forward, and one of the lesser necromancers broke away to meet him. One went after Wise Man, leaving two to block Lethalis.

OOC: Mars is fighting one, LF is distracting one of the two blocking Lethalis. The leader is not fighting yet.

Back IC:
'They only need a few more moments. Have to work fast.' He slashed through one staff, and then a weird greenish light blazed up from alcove around the room. Eight massive skeletons stepped out. Giant skeletons. 'Wonderful. At least that banshee should still be out. They shouldn't be able to summon another one quickly.'
A sword-stroke finished off the necromancer he was facing, and then he had to dodge a stroke from one of the skeletons. 'No time for this.' Namothil dove forward, slashing at the legs of the two skeletons closest to him, and shattering them. They collapsed in a pile of bones, as he turned back to the main battle.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #152
The necromancer tried to cast a bolt of darkness at Wise Man, but missed. Then, the blademaster blasted the necro into another with brief, sharp pulses of energy (Pulse Wave). He then hurled a Soul Lance at the leader from behind, hoping to catch him off guard...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #153
My character has good magic and fire resistence, although poor piercing, slashing, and and especially crushing resistence. He knows many pyromancing skills, but doesn't have the skill to cast them all. he is pretty slow, but can deal decent melee damage, and has tricky fire spells, like hand of flames, which attacks all enemies within sight for a small amount of damage. And he has pllenty of mana. Will he be excepted?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #154
OOC: Try again GD. Specifying that peircing or slashing damage does more damage doesn't work for me, nor does saying that he is weak against water magic. The thing about not getting the right spell all the time is a blatant theft from the character Namothil. Besideswhich, he is primarily a physical fighter, whereas you are trying to claim an odd combination of skills and spells that have the potential to be highly dangerous in combat, but at the cost of imaginative role playing. Try working with just one low power but highly versatile spell. The Cantrip spell from Dungeons and Dragons is highly versatile, being able to produce numerous very small magics. It can even be used to actually create low quality items, which, although worthless in most instances, usually look very pretty. They also shatter in a pleasing way, leaving jagged edges. Miniature tornados can be created, which, while normally used to just sweep up dust, can also be used to throw it into the air. Low power telekinesis (small objects only, and they wont move very quickly either), small fireworks (they go POP! not BANG!), little whirlwinds, small fragile objects, etc. A cantrip can do all of these things, it lasts for 4 or 5 hours, and is normally used to provide a cheap form of entertainment for people unused to real magic. I'm not saying that you have to use this spell, only to look at it as a guideline.

IC Lethalis reaches out and gouges out the eyes of one of the necromancers with his claws. The human crumples, screaming and clutching at his face. Lunging at the other human, Lethalis is struck by a wave of disorientation and weakness. He stumbles, and falls forward, but manages to brush his hand againt the human. That light touch brings a wave of agony to the human as his muscles try to rip themselves from the bones they are anchored to. Lethalis' hand comes to rest on the necromancer's foot. Vaguely aware of the feeling of something attempting to shred his back, Lethalis releases his Paralysis touch.

As the necromancer collapses, Lethalis feels a surge of strength flow through him. rolling to his left, he grabs the skeleton's bloodied bone hands and crushes them to dust. Surging to his full height of eight and a half feet, Lethalis grabs the skeleton in a crushing embrace. Shattered bone clings to his skin where it had broken, but he ignores it, lunging at the glowing green figure. His clawed hand shoots out and bursts out of the human's back in a splash of gore. The human slumps momentarily, with his own blood gushing from his mouth as his lungs fill with it, but then he looks up at Lethalis.

The backhand shouldn't have had any force to it, but Lethalis is thrown across the room, where he crashes into a giant skeleton. Oh my, that was painful. Shaking his head, Lethalis tries to clear the spots of light from his vision. Groaning, he rolls over, and retches. Waves of nausea and weakness crash through his body. He manages to gasp out to the others, "I think we're in trouble."

[ Tuesday, April 01, 2003 09:06: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams
—Hippogryph rider, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #155
'The spell finished. Now we have a lich to deal with.' Namothil dropped one of his swords, drew his dagger, and threw it at an advancing skeleton's foot. Bones shattered, but the skeleton maintained its balance. Namothil picked up his sword, and lunged for the skeleton. He sensed an energy bolt coming too late to dodge, but managed to parry it... barely. Stumbling back, he struck out at the advancing skeleton in desparation. The blow connected, and the skeleton came crashing down over him. The next bolt splintered the skeleton rib cage, but left him untouched. 'Need to keep moving. Can't be a target. My senses are fading. Can't track magic well anymore.'

OOC: Current hostile status: 4 (Maybe 3, if the one Lethalis crashed into is out of action.) Skeletons still active. One (Maybe two) lesser necromancer(s) still living (Not sure if Wise Man killed one in his last post.). Leader is now undead.

[ Tuesday, April 01, 2003 10:02: Message edited by: Namothil ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #156
"Stand fast, my boys, stand fast. I see your plight." ef teleported in. "I'm with you." Healing surged through the party, mending body and mind. And a special blessing went out to the fallen Lethalis.

"Now - REPEL SPIRIT -" towards the necromancer and stepping back, turning to the party "DIVINE WARRIOR" was thrown first on Wise Man, then Mars, Namothil and the slowly recovering Lethalis. "Go on with it, guys, I stay here. I help you out". And confronting the approaching evil "REPEL SPIRIT" brought it to another halt.

"Finish them off, I back you!"

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #157
So I can't use my current character? Then I'm leaving the rp.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #158
What is the difference between a daemon and a demon?

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #159
OOC: remember that Wise Man, an advanced blademaster, can teleport short distances, up to about 5 metres.

IC:
The lich sent several bolts of dark energy at Wise Man, but he parried them all. He then charged at the lich, too bluntly. Laughing, the lich fired off a shockwave of extreme cold, but not before Wise Man hurled the glaive and teleported behind the lich without a trace.

Unseen, Wise Man drew his sword and slashed at the lich, dealing serious damage. Yet the lich managed to hang on. Just as the glaive came down on his head though, it lifted the last necromancer and used it as a human shield. The two melded, and the lich was fully healed from absorbing the necro. A blast of darkness at point blank sent Wise Man flying into the air, and almost out of the chamber...

OOC: now the party has a lich in full strength to deal with...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 444
Profile Homepage #160
The nephil, disgusted with himself for having such a low inventory of supplies, pulls out his last fifteen arrows of light. He strings them up, and pulls back, sending arrow after arrow into the lich. Noticing where these arrows are coming from, the lich commands the remaining skeletons after the nephil. Then, one arrow flies perfectly true. The light and magic in it sizzle through the lich, slaying it on the spot. Now there are the skeletons though......

--------------------
JESUS FREAK
Strategy Sports at its Finest

WE CONTROL THE WAY YOU MOVE
FEAR US

Starting soon: Progress on The Hammer Falls, a fun filled BoE scenario with lots of undead to kill.

Come on, click here! Please?! PLEASE?! Here
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #161
OOC: Actually, I was counting on the lich casting these nifty little curses that don't affect your combat skill, but your body and mind. It could be a little difficult to engage in combat when your eyes insist on crossing and your stomach can't decide which way is out. Oh well, it would have been good for a gag (no pun intended).

IC: Lethalis surges to his feet. The lich's curse has been dispelled, and he feels even more powerful than he has ever been before. He turns and brings his booted foot down on the skeleton he landed on, shattering it completely. Picking up the skull, he whips it at one of the other skeletons. Crushing the skeleton with the force of a cannon ball, the skull shoots through the undead and shatters against a wall. Somehow, Lethalis has already crossed half of the room, and has destroyed another skeleton with contemptuous ease. Grabbing the broken bones, Lethalis starts throwing them at, and usually through the other skeletons, destroying them all with the bones of their fallen comrades. The last remaining necromancer was impaled on no less than three different bones, and then a carefully thrown skull ripped through him, shattering bones and destroying internal organs as it shot clean through the human.

Ef has managed to prevent the lich from leaving, and kept it from advancing on her and the others. Bolts of pure darkness erupted from the lich's hands, only to stop a foot short of their targets. ef shakes her head a bit, recovering from the blasts, and strikes back with a beam of pure light. The lich staggers back, and responds with a roiling wave of darkness that sweeps across the room. The darkness stops only six inches from the party. Wiseman throws several shurikens, but they bounce off a wall of bone that erupts from the ground. In response to the wall, Lethalis gives Namothil a boost, and Namothil fires over the wall. The arrow strikes true, and a blast of light bursts through the lich's body. With a blast of heat, waves of flame begin to advance across the room. Momentarily caught off guard, ef scrambles to respond with a spell to counter the rushing flames. It is during that moment of surprise that the lich lashes out with lightning, ice, and more waves of darkness. Oh damn. This is gonna sting. Lethalis charges into the incoming spells, taking them and crashing through them. He shatters the wall of bone, and heads straight for the lich. His body is burned, his milky white eyes stung by the smoke, and cold evil slices him to the marrow. Roaring wordlessly, Lethalis' open jaws clamp down on the lich's throat as his clawed hands dig into its flesh.

The lich's claw-like hands gouge great furrows out of his back and shoulders. Lethalis hands drive deeper into the body, ripping out viscera and bone. Chunks of flesh fall from the lich's body, and even across the room people can see that Lethalis has actually forced his arm into the lich's body, up to the elbow. With a sickening series of cracks, Lethalis hand breaks ribs as he reaches for his target. Namothil casts a spell, and small magical projectiles shoot away from him and into the lich. Wiseman rushes forward, and teleports behind the lich again. With a savage jerk, he rips the digging clws out of Lethalis' back. The hand flails up, but the blademaster calmly stabs the hand with his dagger, and keeps pushing forward until the dagger is firmly imbedded in the wall. Ef frantically tries to heal the damage being done by the lich, and manages to keep the wounds from becoming deadly, but cannot restore all of the blood he had lost. Ripping savagely with his hooked teeth, Lethalis rips out a chunk of the lich's throat even as his hand wraps around its heart. Baring his teeth in a rictus of pain, Lethalis manages to growl out the words, "Time to die!" as he rips the lich's heart from its body. The undead wizard shudders with a true death rattle, and his flesh begins to decay. Staggering away, Lethalis manages to make three steps before collapsing from his wounds.

[ Tuesday, April 01, 2003 16:48: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
"The hippogryph is an amazing creature rarely seen outside of the wild. The tricky thing about hippogryphs is their incredible jaw strength. One terrible clamp of their beaks could rip a huge beast apart in seconds. Let's see what happens when I stick my hand inside..."
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #162
Finally catching up with Wise Man and the others, FD rushes into the main room. Readying his sword he charges and.... stops.

FD: Guess I'm a little late... oh well.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #163
OOC: Uh, RH, just out of curiosity, when did I pick up a bow? Firedrake's nephil had one, but my character has never been an archer.

IC: "Wrong spell. Again."
"Uh, what were you trying to cast?"
"Any sort of defensive spell. Didn't particularly care what at the time."

[ Tuesday, April 01, 2003 17:12: Message edited by: Namothil ]
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #164
*Mars castes a Cure 3 on Lethalis.

LF: Get up!
Lethalis: What the... What happened?
LF: You died... and this is Hell!
Lethalis: Makes sense. After all, you're here.
LF: Actually I was just messing around.
Lethalis: But aren't you supposed to be dead?
LF: Actually I made it to a plain of higher existance, but was kicked out for annoying people.
Wiseman: Not suprised. Anyway, welcome back... I guess...

*LF teleports everyone out of the place and Mars castes repeated Fire 3, Firestorm, and Meteo spells on the base thingy, thus transforming it into a pool of moltan rock. Then Mars collapses.

LF: Silly humans...

*Wiseman tries to smack LF, but his hand goes through him. After that, they drag Mars back to the inn to recover.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #165
"My God, that was close! Everybody take a rest, we are good for nothing, weak as we are. I give you a healing - like this - rest now. I need time for Lethalis." ef went and knelt beside him, concentrating on small signs of life and faintly flickering vitality.

'He took too much darkness. Why does he always do that, never heeding the price he has to pay. I'll work from within and without. Draw healing to him and hold on to his lifeforce, until it is done. Slowly now, don't rush anything or you lose him. Slowly. Yes. - '

Patiently and with deep concentration Lethalis was brought back from the deep dark regions he had withdrawn to. ef looked ashen when it was done. Too tired to give it a second thought she teleported a good, strengthening meal from the inn, blissfully unaware of the strange looks the guys gave her, before they ravenously started to attack the food.

They all felt a bit better afterwards and more themselves again.

"Well, let's investigate this house. We shouldn't forget that we still miss Alorael, and though I don't know, if they have brought him to this place, we might as well look for him while we are here."

OOC: Sorry, Lone Flame. You had not posted when I started writing.

[ Tuesday, April 01, 2003 17:41: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #166
OOC: Whoops, sorry Namothil, I meant the Nephilim. Sorry, I didn't pay enough attention to what was going on. Also, sorry to FD, I forgot to double check who all was in LF's group. I still haven't figured out how Mars managed to be in two places simultaneously, because I had originally intended that both battles would take place at the same time. Anyhoo, I'm going to follow ef's post, because it fseems more in character with everyone, besides which, she's the Godmother.

As to why I usually let my character get injured during the fights: he's mortal. Not only do I make my characters fallable, they also have this disturbing tendency to get injured too. It's more dramatic that way. :cool:

IC: The dervishes, having fallen back to the entrance when the banshee showed up, return somewhat the worse for wear. "That demon thing you had us take care of got up and tried to kill us. It took us a while, but eventually we found its weakness and managed to kill it."

Lethalis turns his head so that he can look at he lead dervish, "And what was its weakness?"

"Its ego. It was rather fun crushing the ego and making the thing realize its own imminent mortality, but after a few minutes of taunting it, we finally killed it."

OOC: And so, with his ego crushed beyond hope of repair, the child left, as he was unwilling to play by the rules. "...And there was much rejoicing." :D

[ Tuesday, April 01, 2003 19:42: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #167
Which demon? I have a daemon, not a demon(daemon is the old english way of spelling demon, therefore, Gargoyle is realted to old english demons, making him a daemon, here was something I forgot to say yesterday; I fart, there for I am.).

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #168
OOC: Lethalis, when LF(the character) is involved almost anything's possible. However, Mars did finsih that battle before your bunch was done with what they were doing see he & LF teleported to y'all to help out.

IC...

Lethalis: Weren't you supposed to be fighting that Slith archmage guy?
Mars: Yeah. I defeated him. No thanks to LF.
Wiseman(sarcasticly): Big suprise there.
LF: I got you to the place and kept you from walking into the demon world. That's my contribution. Now I'm going back to my room to get my stuff and leave.
Mars: But you're dead. What could you possibly do with stuff. Besides I've taken all of your stuff and pawned it already.
LF: What!?! You son of a....
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #169
OOC: Just to clarify, FD is an assasin. I don't know if FD is a nephil or a human, or a slith 'cause I haven't decided.

Anyways, after the big fight, and everyone was resting, FD signalled for Namothil and Wiseman.

FD: We should go to the streets and look for any stragglers trying to escape.

Namothil: Why?

FD: I have reason to believe all the higher ups here haven't been killed or captured. We need to check, and make sure. They'll most likely try to leave either through the sewers, or the lighter west gate. You cover the sewers, I'll cover the west gate. Wiseman, you go cover the main gate, just in case.

The three then left the building and took to the streets. Exiting the building the three split up.

Upon reaching the western gate, FD found a spot on the roofs to hide and began to watch for people...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #170
Lethalis leaves the building, leaning heavily on a pair of dervishes. Alex teleports in responding to ef's summons. He examines Lethalis with his magic, and then announces "No teleporting for you until the healing magic has faded and you are healing on your own." Then he sends one of the dervishes out to procure a large wagon for Lethalis and ef. "I'll meet you back at the inn, I need to finish the experiment that I was working on when you called me out here." Ef waves Alex off, and waits for the wagon to arrive.

After nearly an hour of waiting, the rumbling of the wagon announces the dervish's success. It takes three of the dervishes to help get Lethalis into the back of the wagon, where he lays down on a pile of cushions and blankets. One of the dervishes bows to ef and says, "It's going to take at least two weeks for the wagon to get to New Silvar without jostling him around too much. He may look a demon, and he certainly fights like one, but he worked as hard to keep us alive as he did himeself, maybe even harder. It would be an honor to provide an escort for him on his return home."

Once ef has agreed to leave Lethalis with the dervishes, she quietly speaks to some of the remaining enforcers and soldiers. Soon the wagon is being filled with what caches of gold and equipment the troops had found during the raid on the first building. Several very rare items are given over to ef directly, but a large part of what can be carried is placed around Lethalis in the wagon bed. Some of the rest is divided up amongst the surviving mercenaries as a bonus, and more is carried off discretely by the soldiers and enforcers. Satisfied with the results, ef teleports back to the inn to study some of the odd magical devices that had been discovered.

OOC: Basically, I'm giving Lethalis an easy out for the Aizo (I think it's Aizo that is being looked at next) mission. He would stand out like a sore thumb in a human castle, and make the investigation more difficult just by his presence. Also, this way the Family will make a profit that can be used to develop new skribbane formulas. It also gets back some of the money used on those outrageous bribes that Ilofehk managed to get out of ef.

EDIT: The kavern is open once more. Long live teh Conspiracy! :D

[ Friday, April 04, 2003 08:10: Message edited by: Ragnarok Hellcaller ]

--------------------
*roaring, SNAP!
*rider screams

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #171
OOC: Ok, we seem to finally be moving on to the part of the RP that I am involved in. However, I must admit that I don't know exactly why we are going to Aizo. Frankly, I found all those posts about that extremely long battle to be quite boring, so I read very little. Can some one tell me why we are going to Aizo and what the last couple dozen posts were about? (From what I have collected, this slith archmage we spent so long killing led a rival skribbane ring and we slowly destroyed it. Am I wrong?)

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #172
OOC: Ilofekh has been informed of a meeting of our rival ring in the imperial ruler's summer palace in Aizo. It is not quite clear, if the ruler is party to this or victim. We will go there and find out and fight. The story line will be Sasha's.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #173
After waiting a long while and having seen nobody, FD heads off to meet up with the rest of the group. Walking for about a half hour, FD relizes that mostly everyone has left, moving quickly, FD heads for the stables.

Stealing a horse, FD begins to ride for the main gate. All of a sudden, a large firebolt knocks FD to the ground. A second spell begins to put him asleep and FD fades into uncontiousness...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #174
By the time FD reached the main gate, the crew was long gone, with Wise Man at the back. The blademaster noticed a bright flash behind him; his Soul Vision confirmed that FD had in fact been left behind. He went back to help him out.

Wise Man closed in, and saw two magi and a heavily armoured warrior about to capture FD. Seeing that they had not noticed him yet, he drew his sword (instead of the usual glaive) struck at the warrior.

The precise stroke came at lightning speed, just as the warrior was about to lift FD's body. His throat was slit through the armour, yet nothing else was disturbed. He fell to the ground, rapidly dying. The magi, hopeless against someone many times faster, were dispatched with ease. The blademaster woke FD up...

--------------------
--------------------

Pages