Episode 3: A New Game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Episode 3: A New Game
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #800
*and then all the sudden... Solberg enters the room and says something*

"Hey you young whipper snappers, I'm trying to sleep next door. If I have to come back here again I'll just insert myself in this story."

*and with that Solberg walks back out the door*

:cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #801
Um...

It's really not a good idea to misquote Jeff in your signature. People have been banned for quoting him out of context. Fabricating a quote entirely is pretty stupid.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #802
quote:
Originally written by Facepalming Hecatonchire:

It's really not a good idea to misquote Jeff in your signature. People have been banned for quoting him out of context. Fabricating a quote entirely is pretty stupid.
Wasn't Ash Lael was banned because he took the quote out of context in such a way that it provided negative advertising for A4? Or are there others I don't know about?

quote:
Originally written by Smoo:

Waiting for the wereSmoo to start killing isn't the best solution. After all the real Smoo is going to face trouble for starting the whole rat problem. How do you differentiate their reactions if you don't know that Smoo was captured?
Why not place guards on both Smoos? It would essentially make wereSmoo useless to Attorosi, because wereSmoo couldn't make a move without alerting the boards to his activity.

Or, you could shackle them both up, and have the Mystic decide which one's the real Smoo.

On a fluffy note, I wonder if Fluffy Turtles will eat spam... I'm sure my fictional character will have some left.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #803
I don't think any in-story characters know that there are two Smoos yet.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #804
Yes, but the in-story characters won't fall for the same trick twice. They already know that the rats can impersonate smoo, so any smoo which "escapes and returns to them" will undoubtedly be put under guard.

That is ofcourse, if we haven't totally lost what little sanity we had left...

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #805
I shall use the power of my 300th POST to say that I meant no ill to Jeff and that the "quote" was meant to be funny. It says nothing derogatory and was done in fun. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but unless Jeff wants it down...it stays. :cool:

EDIT: You can see the other "quotes" I said on the Merry Christmas (Statistics 2006-12). You will also see this quote.
|
|
|
|
\/

[ Friday, December 22, 2006 19:09: Message edited by: Arch-Mage Solberg ]

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #806
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Shhhh! The laws of reality will hear you!
The funny thing is, no one reacts to Drakefyre casting Exile spells in Avernum. :P
:P
Originally by Nemesis:

quote:
*glances around, now wary of this legendary "UBB", that is rumored to occasionally eat posts*

EDIT: What the…?
Not always. Sometimes, like in this case, it just swallows them and spits them back out. :P

Originally by Arch-Mage Solberg:

quote:
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but unless Jeff wants it down...it stays. :cool:
Could you at least change it so it is more like quotes in other people's signatures? The empty space and bold makes it too distracting (and therefore annoying) the way it is.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #807
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Nemesis:

quote:
*glances around, now wary of this legendary "UBB", that is rumored to occasionally eat posts*

EDIT: What the…?
Not always. Sometimes, like in this case, it just swallows them and spits them back out. :P

Thankfully, the Oracle of Today's Active Topics can usually locate them, even if they've been eaten. It's true! OTAT can display even eaten posts!

Unfortunately, OTAT is not good at noticing edited posts.

So when's... wait.

*Removes radios, tape players, musical instruments, MP3 players, speakers, chopsticks, sauce pans, and generally everything that could be used to conduct Beethoven's Fifth*

Alright. When is the... Oh! *Confiscates a stick and a table*

Let's try this again. Is there a tentative release date on the next one?

*Prays that Dikiyoba can't sing Beethoven's Fifth*

[ Friday, December 22, 2006 19:46: Message edited by: Nioca ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #808
How is it now? :cool:

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #809
quote:
Originally written by Arch-Mage Solberg:

How is it now? :cool:
Eh. Still lame, but somewhat less annoying now. :P

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #810
Chapter 22: Scrying and Swimming

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #811
Would you look at that! I did have some sanity left! Not anymore, though. My dignity went by the wayside as well, it seems.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #812
Naturally, good stuff. I can't wait to see how we actually tell the two Smoos apart.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #813
Good, good, needs more action... Where *have* I disappeared off to?

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #814
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

I can't wait to see how we actually tell the two Smoos apart.
Simply turn them both over to those of us in the Richard White Cult. We have a ritual involving a bucket, a torch, and a pair of tweezers that hasn't yet failed to determine whether a person is not a rat.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #815
Nice way to get most of the strays back together. Loved my lines. Too bad Drakefyre didn't want to use kill and revive method of testing Smoo.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #816
Why did TM get turned away? He has a temporary place in the 8th contest forums at the moment. He can converse with any of the other judges there at least until the flood subsides.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #817
quote:

Um...

For a while, I quoted Lord Vogelmort in my sig along with another quote that made him sound like a hypocrite, and nothing came of it for me. :P

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #818
quote:
Originally written by Tyran:

quote:

Um...

For a while, I quoted Lord Vogelmort in my sig along with another quote that made him sound like a hypocrite, and nothing came of it for me. :P

This may be more of a case that New Hampshire has drained any sense of humour once possessed by Slarty.

[ Wednesday, December 27, 2006 17:23: Message edited by: Spent Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #819
I spent today driving around a buttload of backroads.

That may be the case.

...it may also be the case that I have stopped paying attention to posts by people who only post spam. Although that can't be true, given what I'm replying to right now.

Actually, I think the problem is not New Hampshire, but rather the lack of easy availability of certain need-fulfilling experiences.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #820
I'd like to ask one question...Where am I in this story? :(

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #821
quote:
Originally written by Arch-Mage Solberg:

I'd like to ask one question...Where am I in this story? :(
You're in the same place I was for the first two stories: locked in an unsellable-trowel closet. Watch out, some of them are rusty.

[ Wednesday, December 27, 2006 21:55: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #822
Chapter 23: "They're coming!"

Originally by Jewels:

quote:
Why did TM get turned away? He has a temporary place in the 8th contest forums at the moment.
Well, in theory, this story is taking place before the judging is. Time flows strangely here.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #823
Yes! I finally got to club someone! :D

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #824
I'm still waiting for me to do something actually Synergistical rather than something randomly incidental.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator

Pages