Episode 3: A New Game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Episode 3: A New Game
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #950
The old, angry but still sane Rentar Ihrno would just get it over with. The not quite sane, not quite demonic, not quite crystal soul version would probably tie him up first.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #951
I'm a fan of crazy Rentar. The only fan, in fact.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #952
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

first tie [Stareye] up and let him watch me bring down everything he stands for and then kill him afterwards.
The problem I see with that is, in true Geneforge fashion, some pesky newbie will likely come along, blast you into oblivion, free Stareye, and generally save the day. :P

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #953
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

free Stareye, and generally save the day
Ha ha...

Hahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You really don't care that you are a subservient toady, do you. But more importantly, how on earth do you equate saving Stareye with saving the day? He is only one of the Triad.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #954
quote:
Originally written by Spent Salmon:

You really don't care that you are a subservient toady, do you.
It'd probably be easier to care if I knew what you were talking about.

quote:
But more importantly, how on earth do you equate saving Stareye with saving the day? He is only one of the Triad.
Please note that saving Stareye and saving the day are separated by a comma. They are not quite the same entity.

quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ha ha?

Seriously, you might want to to keep the maniacal laughter to a minimum. The first wererat in Rats Aplenty did the same thing. And you wouldn't want to get mistaken for a wererat, would you? :P

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #955
quote:
Originally written by Spent Salmon:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FYT, Salmon.

And with regards to saving *i, I personally want one of the roaches to do it. It'd be the funniest, and if roaches can survive a nuclear holocaust, then they can probably survive ET.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #956
By ET:
quote:
One of the more difficult decision I may ever have to make will be whether to kill Stareye quickly or first tie him up and let him watch me bring down everything he stands for and then kill him afterwards. Tough one, it really is. What would Rentar do?
Sigh...

As much as it pains me to aid you, I can't bear to see a job done poorly. Read this. In a nutshell, it tells you to balance immediate gratification with long-term gratification. Sure, crushing Stareye would be fun. But unless you're torturing him for a reason, it's frivolous fun.

I know your pain. Striding around in a long cape while reciting a prepared monologue to the Heroes as they slowly get lowered into a pool of lava is a great source of enjoyment. But it's not going to get you anywhere in the long run. So resist the temptation.

Your friendly neighbourhood Evil Overlord,
Dintiradan

--------------------
IMAGE(http://www.eviloverlord.com/gifs/eologo.gif)
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #957
quote:
Originally written by Facepalming Hecatonchire:

The old, angry but still sane Rentar Ihrno would just get it over with. The not quite sane, not quite demonic, not quite crystal soul version would probably tie him up first.
Rentar would tie him up, then create ungodly numbers of monster plagues to do her dirty work for her. Very, very slowly.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #958
Rentar would do it once, then run away north, and do it again.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #959
He who fights and runs away, lives to run away another day.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #960
quote:
"Nioca is a lousy cleric. He refuses to heal me. See?" Fatman pointed to the small scratch on his arm.
"I'm not wasting any spell energy on that either. Get out of here," Ephesos said.
"All right, fine. But remember it's not my fault when this injury prevents me from slaying a rat coming after you." Fatman slouched off.

I have found that the Avernum forum bunch a rather arrogant, lazy, puffed up with self importance and rude, as well as obviously unhelpful. I for one am looking favorably on this "legitimate" injury as it removes from me the moral dilemma of exerting effort to save (among others) Ephesos, *i or a host of others. Perhaps regime change is good? YES, change is good.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #961
I'm glad you see things that way, comrade. You see, unlike what Dintiradan is implying, I am no evil overlord. I am, in fact, trying to free you all from the oppression that already exists! I seek to usher in a new era of peace, order and prosperity, to restore these boards to their former glory. Everything I do, everyone I kill horribly, I do it all for the people!
IMAGE(http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9928/etic1.gif)
I ask so little in return for this selflessness.

--------------------
You will obey.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #962
quote:
I ask so little in return for this selflessness.

And so little you will get

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #963
quote:
Originally written by Fatman:

I for one am looking favorably on this "legitimate" injury as it removes from me the moral dilemma of exerting effort to save (among others) Ephesos, *i or a host of others. Perhaps regime change is good? YES, change is good.
I never said it wasn't legitimate. It just isn't worth the spell points.

Tullegolar, there were quite a few things that deterred me from your regime. But that flag was the deal-breaker.

--------------------

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #964
Really, you have to admit the flag sucks. It's not worthy of an emperor.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #965
Hey, at least it's better than the Ermarian Empire flag. Who's responsible for that thing, anyway?

--------------------
You lose.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #966
quote:

Hey, at least it's better than the Ermarian Empire flag. Who's responsible for that thing, anyway?
I believe that would be JV himself, wouldn't it?

But really now. At least he has a flag. Nobody else here does.

Okay, everyone make a flag, and we'll see whose regime gets the most followers. :P

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #967
Oh, but I'm lazy and generally awful at everything. And if I were to use paint like ET, well... the results wouldn't be much better.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #968
quote:
Originally written by Leatherface:

I have found that the Avernum forum bunch a rather arrogant, lazy, puffed up with self importance and rude, as well as obviously unhelpful. I for one am looking favorably on this "legitimate" injury as it removes from me the moral dilemma of exerting effort to save (among others) Ephesos, *i or a host of others. Perhaps regime change is good? YES, change is good.
Hey, it's not my fault that nobody on these boards knows how to make an energy elixir. And if it's a revolution you want, then I'm afraid all I can get you is RETRIBUTION!!!!!

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #969
Ephesos, it's not like you need energy elixirs instead of energy potions. I don't calculate out your spell points and subtract 25 of them every time you cast RETRIBUTION!!!

Heh. Dikiyoba just noticed that the divine retribution spell is the only priest spell in the A4 manual to be in italics.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #970
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

I don't calculate out your spell points and subtract 25 of them every time you cast RETRIBUTION!!!
I'd be rather worried if you did, actually. I'm just trying to argue in character, for no real reason.

quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Heh. Dikiyoba just noticed that the divine retribution spell is the only priest spell in the A4 manual to be in italics.
That is rather excellent.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #971
Oh darn. And here I was thinking you released a new episode. :(

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #972
quote:
Originally written by Mr. Critic xx:

And if I were to use paint like ET...
Hey I take offense to that. As a Mac user, I wouldn't be caught dead using paint! Really, I'm an Emperor, not an art student. Hmm, maybe ol' glory could use a bit of a touch up, though. If only I had a proper propaganda minister. Anyone need a job? I pay in canisters.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #973
quote:

quote:
Originally written by Mr. Critic xx:

And if I were to use paint like ET...
Hey I take offense to that. As a Mac user, I wouldn't be caught dead using paint! Really, I'm an Emperor, not an art student. Hmm, maybe ol' glory could use a bit of a touch up, though. If only I had a proper propaganda minister. Anyone need a job? I pay in canisters.

IMAGE(http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8411/tullegolarflagjb4.png)
?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #974
By Nemesis:
quote:
By ET:
quote:
I believe that would be JV himself, wouldn't it?
Nope. JV didn't even coin the name 'Ermarian'. It's pure fanwank.

By ET:
quote:
I'm glad you see things that way, comrade. You see, unlike what Dintiradan is implying, I am no evil overlord. I am, in fact, trying to free you all from the oppression that already exists! I seek to usher in a new era of peace, order and prosperity, to restore these boards to their former glory. Everything I do, everyone I kill horribly, I do it all for the people!
I'm thinking about dropping the Evil from Evil Overlord. I guess this shows our fundamental difference: many call ET's end goal evil while he denies the label; whereas I willingly claim the term 'evil' when I really am not. In other words, ET claims that 'the ends justify the means' whereas I concern myself only with the means.

See, ET is devoted to bringing about a time of what he views as utopia. However, many view this utopia is evil, let alone the means that ET uses to bring it about. I, on the other hand, have no motives. Who cares what type of society my rule brings about? It's conquering and staying alive that's the true fun.

The point is this: I'm not really evil; I'm just in it for the death, mayhem, and destruction.

--------------------
IMAGE(http://www.pegasuspublishing.com/xcart/files/pics/emb/397216.jpg)

Pages