Episode 3: A New Game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Episode 3: A New Game
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #650
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

The only thing about Tullegolar is that, while his philosophy is brutal, bizarre, and twisted, he is not necessarily evil.

Talk about grudging compliments. That's probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said about ET, too.

Anyway, Dikiyoba's story is certainly warming up. The last 3 instalments have been most entertaining.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #651
quote:
Originally written by Micawber.:

Talk about grudging compliments. That's probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said about ET, too.
No, something else was said a while back that was even nicer... also by me. Am I noticing a pattern here?

Also, it appears that three distinct teams are forming inside the Spiderweb Forums.

The Spiderweb Alliance: Most of the members in Spiderweb are under this banner, and the loyalty of Alliance members belong to Drakefyre and Stareye. Their goal is to have peace and prosperity on the boards, and defend it from outside threats. The Alliance so far consists of:
Drakefyre (Leader)Stareye (Leader)AloraelArancaytarDelicious VlishKelandonKhothAndrasteArchmagus MicaelAsh LaelDikiyobaEphesosFatmanGarrisonJewelsJumpin' SalmonKingyLenarMagmaDragoonMarlennyMysterious ManNiemandNikkiRakshasiRandomizerRiibuSilent AssassinSlartuckerSmooStudent of TrinitySynergyThurylTyranicusZephyr TempestZevizZorroThe Legions of Terror: Led by Dintiradan, this team currently consists of only two other members. Their goal is to overthrow and destroy anyone who opposes them, and to make Dintiradan a true evil overlord. What he plans do to after that is currently unknown. The Legions of Terror are made up of:
Dintiradan (Leader)The LurkerWandererThe Golarian League: Recently formed by Emperor Tullegolar, this league also consists of two other members. Tullegolar has made it publicly known that he would like to overthrow the Alliance, but his other ambitions remain a secret to even his own team. Current members in the league are:
Emperor Tullegolar (Leader)NemesisNioca (tentative)There are also a few members who's loyalty remain unknown or in question:
AlecThe Almighty Do-er of StuffEnraged SlithFBMFrozen FeetIcshiLazarusTerror's MartyrPlease inform me if you think there are any errors in this list, or would like to complain about the names of the teams.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #652
You only think that I am part of the Alliance.
Bwhahahaha!

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #653
Okay, that needs to be fixed. Questions of legitimacy aside, the Richard White cultists need to be included, out of sheer dedication to continuity (or lack thereof).

Ischii would be the leader, though absent.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #654
Alright. The list has been revamped, and now includes the Richard White Cult.

Andraste has also been moved to unknown loyalties.

The Spiderweb Alliance: Most of the members in Spiderweb are under this banner, and the loyalty of Alliance members belong to Drakefyre and Stareye. Their goal is to have peace and prosperity on the boards, and defend it from outside threats. The Alliance so far consists of:
Drakefyre (Leader)Stareye (Leader)AloraelArancaytarDelicious VlishKelandonKhothArchmagus MicaelAsh LaelDikiyobaEphesosFatmanGarrisonJewelsJumpin' SalmonKingyLenarMagmaDragoonMarlennyMysterious ManNiemandNikkiRakshasiRandomizerRiibuSilent AssassinSlartuckerSmooStudent of TrinitySynergyTerror's MartyrThurylTyranicusZephyr TempestZevizZorroThe Legions of Terror: Led by Dintiradan, this team currently consists of only two other members. Their goal is to overthrow and destroy anyone who opposes them, and to make Dintiradan a true evil overlord. What he plans do to after that is currently unknown. The Legions of Terror are made up of:
[list]Dintiradan (Leader)The LurkerWandererThe Golarian League: Recently formed by Emperor Tullegolar, this league also consists of two other members. Tullegolar has made it publicly known that he would like to overthrow the Alliance, but his other ambitions remain a secret to even his own team. Current members in the league are:
Emperor Tullegolar (Leader)NemesisNioca (tentative)The Richard White Cult: Little is known about this cult. It involves blue, mirrors roving moiety, and ferrets. The true intricacies, and the cult's intentions, are known only to Icshi and his followers. Among the cultists numbers are:
Icshi (Leader)AloraelRakshasiZorroThere are also a few members who's loyalty remain unknown or in question:
AlecAndrasteThe Almighty Do-er of StuffEnraged SlithFBMFrozen FeetLazarusAgain, I'm open to suggestions.
EDIT (11/27/2006 7:10 PM): Terror's Martyr has been added to the Alliance.

[ Monday, November 27, 2006 18:12: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #655
I think Terror's Martyr is a loyalist since they always take him back no matter how many times they ban him. He was the main defender of the Blades of Exile forum during episode 1 mostly because it gave him a chance to design a new deadly scenario and flame without restraint.

Thanks for another opportunity to pontificate upon something I know nothing about.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #656
Wow - I remain chopped liver, despite the fact that I post way more than some members on that list!

Grr.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #657
Bah, I am a True Neutral. I could go both ways, or in this case, three. And we all know how :eek: ... interesting three-ways can be.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #658
This is more based on Dikiyoba's (current) story. Jewels is right, though... She has remained rather neutral.

Still, I'm not changing it unless something else comes up.

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #659
I'm a nice girl, but if there was a huge threat against, I'd flee.

Don't know how Dikiyoba plans to handle things, but if there's a battle I'd stay for a while if spurred on by the right people. Otherwise, I'd take off and come back way later to see if everything's been fixed already.

So, not really in the alliance. :\

But then, Dikiyoba may want to ignore this and have me be more helpful and courageous.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #660
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I am not evil! I merely wish to bring about a new age of peace and prosperity!
And you love democracy and the republic, I presume. :)

[ Monday, November 27, 2006 23:17: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #661
quote:
The Golarian League: Recently formed by Emperor Tullegolar, this league also consists of two other members. Tullegolar has made it publicly known that he would like to overthrow the Alliance, but his other ambitions remain a secret to even his own team. Current members in the league are:
Emperor Tullegolar (Leader)
Nemesis
Nioca (tentative)
'Ey, 'ey, Nemesis is tentative too. I like to consider myself a Spiderweb loyalist (as stupid as I'm appearing to be in the story so far).

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #662
The Cosa Bianca is really a secret order, not a cult. As such, naturally, there are a lot more people involved than you realize, or even than they realize.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #663
quote:
Originally written by Faerendaigul:

But then, Dikiyoba may want to ignore this and have me be more helpful and courageous.
Or we could form another cult. :)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #664
quote:
Jewels:
Bah, I am a True Neutral.
quote:
Riibu:
I'm a nice girl, but if there was a huge threat against, I'd flee.
Ha! Your Alliance crumbles before your eyes! The rats flee the sinking ship! Hmm... what an appropriate analogy.

--------------------
You lose.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #665
I'm formally allying with Tully, just 'cuz.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #666
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

And we all know how...interesting three-ways can be.
Do we?! :P

I am unstable and crazy enough to merit being shoved into a closet somewhere, and am therefore not a member of any group.

Edit: THIS WAS POST 666. I am faddish enough to notice this, and bring it to your attention.

[ Tuesday, November 28, 2006 07:09: Message edited by: Mussolini xx ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #667
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Ha! Your Alliance crumbles before your eyes! The rats flee the sinking ship! Hmm... what an appropriate analogy.
Says the one-man faction. :P

Really, we've got a lot more factions here than those listed. There's the Chthulu Cult, the Cult of Dikiyoba...

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #668
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Really, we've got a lot more factions here than those listed. There's the Chthulu Cult, the Cult of Dikiyoba...
You're welcome to join the Cult of Dikiyoba, Ephesos. It won't affect your tree-hugging dirt-loving nature-worship at all, and you demonstrate a near-perfect grasp of one of the main tenets:

quote:
Since Dikiyoba said that Chapter 15 was already written, I wonder how long until Dikiyoba posts it.
A truly devoted follower would have put their name in instead of using "I", but that's a good start for a layperson.

Technically, though, Dikiyoba said that Dikiyoba had Chapter 15 mostly written. But Dikiyoba has finished writing it now: Chapter 15: Resting
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #669
I love the clap on fungi. Nice touch.

How could you kill Salmon?!

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #670
quote:
put their name in instead of using "I"
So this wouldn't be gimmick theft? Alorael doesn't appreciate imitators...

Dikiyoba's latest addition to Dikiyoba's story is great. Arancaytar is well pleased.

But Arancaytar also wonders: If they are in the Avernum Trilogy forum, why do they feel hungry?

Oh, right. They're resting. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #671
quote:
Ephesos:
the one-man faction
I'll take that as a compliment.

The Mystic's character is a rat. Good times.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #672
Giving Thuryl puns was a nice touch.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #673
That pun was painful... very, very painful.

Excellent use of scattered Avernum lore, though... I think the PC with my name that I used in A3 actually wore the Clover Boots for a while. And the recall crystal... perfect.

Except I can't think of where it will take us...

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #674
Nice. The Mystic is cast as Meuric the rat. I wonder how he/she feels about that. Also, the Clover Boots definitely explains why Ephesos didn't die. Thank goodness for that... He's the only one I could really learn from, when it comes to being a priest.

I think Drakefyre will love the mess that's been created in the general forums. Homicidal lovers, unguarded prisoners, pencil-catching priests, smitten moderator stalkers, and slith spear wielding maniacs. Wee...

quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Except I can't think of where it will take us...
Well, I can think of three possibilities of where it might drop you.

1) The General forum, which is the home of most Spiderwebbers.

2) The Exile Trilogy forum, which is where Spiderweb Software started.

3) If you're really unlucky, or if Dikiyoba is sadistic (which I doubt), Shadow Vale. :P

[ Tuesday, November 28, 2006 18:04: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Pages