Episode 3: A New Game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Episode 3: A New Game
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #150
Reading chapter 4 again, I just realized something. Is Dikiyoba suggesting that something else evil is going on, beside Dinitradon?

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #151
-X- begins to cry, cry, cry at his continued exclusion from Episode 3. -X- even chose an element that he has a lot in common with (Mendelevium)! -X-'s already severe depression deepens to the state where -X- will post eight sad-faced graemlins in every post until he makes an appearance. Preferably with lots of black flame and red lightning.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

[ Friday, October 27, 2006 17:26: Message edited by: -X- ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #152
At this point, I'm not sure which would be worse. Sad faces are pretty bad, especially eight of them, but ...

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO BRIBE OR THREATEN DIKIYOBA????

:P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #153
quote:
Originally written by -X-:

-X- begins to cry, cry, cry at his continued exclusion from Episode 3. -X- even chose an element that he has a lot in common with (Mendelevium)! -X-'s already severe depression deepens to the state where -X- will post eight sad-faced graemlins in every post until he makes an appearance. Preferably with lots of black flame and red lightning.

That's fine, but are you aware that images won't display in your signature? Trust me, I already tried.

EDIT: You probably won't make that fantastic of an entrance. Even if, with the way you described it, you want to be a villain.

[ Friday, October 27, 2006 17:36: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #154
Originally by Nioca:

quote:
Is Dikiyoba suggesting that something else evil is going on, beside Dinitradon?
It's Spiderweb... there's always something evil going on. Especially the evil mindcontroller who is making everyone mess up their ability to count and spell names correctly.

Originally by -X-:

quote:
-X-'s already severe depression deepens to the state where -X- will post eight sad-faced graemlins in every post until he makes an appearance.
Unfortunately, Dikiyoba is immune to sad faces.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #155
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Mh... Ermarian Network.

I'm trying to imagine how that place would look if it were a building...

That's not as scary as trying to imagine what Shadow Vale would look like. :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #156
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Nioca:

quote:
Is Dikiyoba suggesting that something else evil is going on, beside Dinitradon?
It's Spiderweb... there's always something evil going on. Especially the evil mindcontroller who is making everyone mess up their ability to count and spell names correctly.

Dintradan. No, that's not right... Dinitraedan. No, that isn't it either... I got it: Dintiradan!

[ Friday, October 27, 2006 18:16: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #157
-X- doesn't want to be a villain!!! -X- reveres Spiderweb Software! -X- just wants to be an evil hero. Like Lord Grimm.

-X- doesn't presume to bribe or threaten Dikiyoba, but is merely demonstrating his sadness.

-X- knows that graemlins won't show in his signature, but they are still sad, sad, sad.

And if -X- is excluded completely from Episode Three, then he will change his name to "The Tragedy of -X-" and begin to talk in noob-speak. This is not a threat. Merely a statement.

And -X- knows he isn't prominent enough to make a memorable entrance. But he will resort to anything, even something a useless as hope, to stave off the impending bout with depression.

-X- sighs. Off to do some self-pitying and imagine his banning after his exclusion from Episode Three.

-X- is sorry if he has members worried about his mental health. -X- is glad that nobody here knows his home address.

And now, because -X- is currently excluded from Dikiyoba The Great's Episode Three : A New Game. . .

--------------------
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #158
Why does everyone have problems with Dintiradan's name? It's rather straightforward, in my opinion. It has a basic Sindarin structure. Granted, Sindarin is a fictional language, but one would think that at least some of the people who join a fantasy RPG forum would be familiar with Tolkien.

[ Friday, October 27, 2006 18:21: Message edited by: Tyranicus. ]

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #159
quote:

-X- doesn't want to be a villain!!! -X- reveres Spiderweb Software! -X- just wants to be an evil hero. Like Lord Grimm.
Very, very small chance of that happening.

quote:
-X- knows that graemlins won't show in his signature, but they are still sad, sad, sad.
Actually, it looks like UBB went on a rampage and inserted several parenthesis and colons in your signature for no particular reason.

quote:
And if -X- is excluded completely from Episode Three, then he will change his name to "The Tragedy of -X-" and begin to talk in noob-speak. This is not a threat. Merely a statement.

And -X- knows he isn't prominent enough to make a memorable entrance. But he will resort to anything, even something a useless as hope, to stave off the impending bout with depression.

-X- sighs. Off to do some self-pitying and imagine his banning after his exclusion from Episode Three.

I have no doubt you'll end up in Episode Tree. What I do have doubts about is whether you will enjoy your role in it.

quote:
-X- is sorry if he has members worried about his mental health. -X- is glad that nobody here knows his home address.
That's something you really should be grateful for, because TM would have a field day with you.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #160
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Um, Jewels? Even though FBM is now on Palladium, my description is still on it.
Me knows, me knows. Spent the morning updating the graphics and downloading SmartFTP 2.0, then there's laundry and a 'parent participation' field trip, dishes, grocery shopping, trip to the library, play some BoA, watch some TV... What was I working on? I've gotta finish the file before I upload it. But thanks for letting me know anyway in case it was a mistake.

Edit: There, that should do it. Please no more anti-elements until all others are taken. There's not much more room to put them and figuring out their absolute position takes a lot of time. At least more time then just changing the graphics that are already there. You may need to refresh to view.

Me thinks I'll add a convenient link in this post.

[ Friday, October 27, 2006 19:14: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #161
-X-, you're starting to remind me of someone. He came to these boards, got all interested, and became well-known as a quirky but harmless person. Then he became too attached to the boards. He had breakdowns on the boards, incited and returned flames, and got about ten topics locked. He was eventually banned. Then he came back without permission, and were banned again. And again. Etc.

It's better to be a faceless noobie than to be an infamous idiot who is scorned by everyone. Stop what you are doing. You will earn no respect by acting the way you act. You will probably also eventually get into administrational trouble, although it's not my business or inclination to say anything about such things.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #162
Hmmm. . . -X- did take it too far, there. -X- hopes that you know he was just role-playing. -X- does that often, and gets carried away with it. He has a mental catalogue of fake personalities to use. This is part of the basis for his Big Book O' Personality Classification. -X- also wants to know the name of the board-obsessed person.

But, -X- will, indeed, be disappointed if he isn't in Episode 3. Maybe even throw in some flame? Lightning? Anything, please. Even sarcastic laughter from a radio strapped to his back as background music. Maybe even shape-shifting to reflect his portfolio of personalities! -X- is really winging it here.
A vague campfire odor? No . . . ?

And now, because -X- is currently excluded from Dikiyoba The Great's Episode Three : A New Game. . .

[ Friday, October 27, 2006 19:35: Message edited by: -X- ]

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #163
Originally by -X-:

quote:
-X- also wants to know the name of the board-obsessed person.
His name was Ed, but his final PDN was "&". Look at any topic that he started in General in February or March to see what he was like. It wasn't pretty.

quote:
But, -X- will, indeed, be disappointed if he isn't in Episode 3.
I don't know whether you will appear or not. Please stop asking me, telling me, or implying that you should be in it (especially outside of this thread). It will only annoy people, make it more difficult for me to write, and get you into trouble.

I appreciate the fact that you like the story and want to be in it, but in the end it's not that important. If you really want to be included in a story, write one yourself. Tell a story around how you created your Big Book O' Personality Classification or found a pair of magical socks in your sock drawer or whatever you feel like.

Dikiyoba.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #164
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

...found a pair of magical socks in your sock drawer...
I think that was a Harry Potter book. Better not violate those copyrights. :P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #165
Ed was a fruitcake. That is all.

-X- stop complaining. I've been here a lot longer than you and I'm not in a story either.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #166
Hmmph. Fine. -X- is sorry if he is annoying people here, or trying to muscle in on Dikiyoba's turf, but he will be disappointed. Ah well. The annoying graemlins at the bottom of his posts will stop, he will change his signature, and be very, very apathetic about this topic. There.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #167
quote:

Hmmph. Fine. -X- is sorry if he is annoying people here, or trying to muscle in on Dikiyoba's turf, but he will be disappointed. Ah well. The annoying graemlins at the bottom of his posts will stop, he will change his signature, and be very, very apathetic about this topic. There.
Thank you. We'd hate for another episode of that to happen...

Besides, if you appear as a villain, I'll have to smite you. :D

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #168
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:

Thank you. We'd hate for another episode of that to happen...

Or I will. Don't forget, I'm a novice priest!
Of course, since I'm a novice, I may not be capable of casting any spells that would be useful to defend myself. :eek:

[ Saturday, October 28, 2006 13:13: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #169
quote:

Of course, since I'm a novice, I may not be capable of casting any spells that would be useful to defend myself. :eek:
Such as, let's say... RETRIBUTION!!!!!

I could always use help smiting, though.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #170
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Don't be silly, Ephesos. You would never smite someone.

Dikiyoba just doesn't think SMITE!!! is quite intimidating enough.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #171
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:

Such as, let's say... RETRIBUTION!!!!!

I could always use help smiting, though.

Actually, I'm more of a fan of the spell Control Foes. In fact, that was my priest's main combat spell in the late game of A4.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #172
Hmmm... the first thing I thought was this:
quote:
Ephesos hadn't moved. He stood almost knee-deep in the snow with his eyes closed and snow beginning to pile up on his shoulders and head. He sensed something unusual. It was very faint, but it was there. Now, if he could only figure out what it was.

Suddenly, the full force of the spam's Taint rushed into Ephesos' mind. In desperation, he clutched his copy of Embers of Rebellion. Slowly, the Taint receeded away from his mind.
I probably should start pounding my head against a wall until I come up with an idea for MoS. I can't think of anything, but no one else is doing anything.

By Nioca:
quote:
Don't forget, I'm a novice priest!
Of course, since I'm a novice, I may not be capable of casting any spells that would be useful to defend myself.
Goblins, anyone? And Nioca? One more misspelling and it's Teh Deth Ray for you.

--------------------
No DikiStats this post, unfortunately. Probably because I've been coding in C all day, will begin coding in MIPS once I'm off the 'Net, and the prospect of coding anything unnecessary today is quite unappealing.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #173
Then would you mind if I called you Dinti? Just so I don't spell it wrong.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #174
Your death will be slightly more painless if you call me Dinti, so sure. Of course, if you want to have the luxury of a sedative when I take over the board and kill everyone, I suggest you call me 'Supreme Omnipotent Master Whose Superior Intellect And Blindingly Good Looks Inspire Awe In All Those Around'. All capitalized, of course.

--------------------
SPIM, SPIM, SPIM.

I don't like SPIM!

Pages