Episode 3: A New Game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Episode 3: A New Game
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #100
I forgot about that. Looks like the fate of poor Zephyr won't be discovered for quite a while.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #101
quote:
Originally written by Robert Daniel Oliver:

On a "serious"(?) note: In episode 1, I'm noticing character deaths immediately because I magically do the stats in my head. Now that I'm back to using the computer, this effect probably stops.

This is the effect of the program Stats_Killing.exe, Aranbot.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #102
No, no, no. See Zepher isn't really dead. It's just that his heart normally beats so slowly that it wasn't detected by *checks* The Lurker. He will wake up soon from wherever he was stashed and foil *checks spelling* Dintiradan's plans.

*waits patiently*

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #103
quote:
Originally written by Ghouloca:

Actually, I dropped the useless a little while ago. Besides, Elitenpc is far from useless. However, I think I'll choose Palladium, because it is a very bizarre element, like me. It also applies because my strength is mental, not physical. And also because I could stand to lose a few pounds.

And in case you're interested, you can find the script I mentioned at my site, via the link below.

The table has been updated. :cool:

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #104
Allow me to offer a starting contribution for your reviews page, Dikiyoba:

The best thing about Episode 3 is that my role in it is greatly reduced.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #105
I demand the inclusion of some kind of ethereal vegetable, as is my due.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #106
By Ephesos:
quote:
Oh, and Dintiradan? This looks like a typo in the DikiStats (oh, and DikiStat is a really awkward name):
quote:
Thuryl exits. The other four look around. Zorro picks up the stats that are lying next to Arancaytar. WKS and Erika Maroonmark walk to the other end of the forum, away from the carnage. Dolphin pauses to look at a large chart hanging on the wall. It looks like it got hit by a fireball, because it is badly charred. Still, she is able to make out what it says:
Total Words: 10
Total Letters: 52
Average Letters per Word: 5.2
I assume you just meant Thuryl.
Actually, that's just the way the pattern matching works. I assume that everything before a colon on a line is a member name. I could compare each pre-colon text with a list of members, but then I'd run into problems like the fact that no one is named 'Noobventurer'. Besides, if I always ignore that specific line, then I ignore the possibility that some member may come along with the PDN 'Thuryl exits. The other four look around. Zorro picks up the stats that are lying next to Arancaytar. WKS and Erika Maroonmark walk to the other end of the forum, away from the carnage. Dolphin pauses to look at a large chart hanging on the wall. It looks like it got hit by a fireball, because it is badly charred. Still, she is able to make out what it says'.

(Glances at Alorael. Glances hard.)

--------------------
Now you lucky people get to find out who is the most prone to exclaimatory sentences! Who is the most inquisitive? Also, you can discover who is the most declarative.

Okay, that got lame.

Episode I
Episode II
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #107
Unfortunately, glancing won't help. Monikers are to be 35 characters long and no more.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #108
Hmmmm. . . If -X- has any say in the matter, -X- chooses -X-enon for his element. Or, if that one's taken, -X- chooses Einsteinium because it is one atomic numer short of 100. And -X- is a bit less than sane. OR, if THAT one's taken, -X- chooses Argon because he aggravates people.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #109
Argon was taken by Schrodinger and Xenon was taken by someone else. Einsteinium, however, is available.

I suggest you look around on the interactive table of elements, located here. It will tell you which ones have been taken, and by whom, and you can click on the elements to get a description.

[ Tuesday, October 24, 2006 13:46: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #110
Hm, it's not correct. Khoth's got Gallium. We agreed on it.

I'd quote the chat, but I don't have the file on this computer. And it'd be hard to find too, since I've no idea on what day it was...

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #111
Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
Unfortunately, glancing won't help. Monikers are to be 35 characters long and no more.
It's not even short enough to turn into an acronym.

Originally by Nioca:

quote:
Einsteinium, however, is available.
Actually, it's not. Enraged Slith has it. I used what is on Episode 2's Appearances page, not Jewel's Periodic Table of Spiderweb. They're very similar, but not quite the same.

Originally by Riibu:

quote:
Hm, it's not correct. Khoth's got Gallium. We agreed on it.

I'd quote the chat, but I don't have the file on this computer. And it'd be hard to find too, since I've no idea on what day it was...
Was it even mentioned in a chat? Dikiyoba doesn't remember ever seeing it in a chat.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #112
... a chat between me and Khoth. We just discussed it together in an AIM chat. -_-

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #113
Was Palladium already taken?

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #114
Oh! Oh! Dikiyoba! If you put me in, make my element Californium!

1) I am from California
2) I have very few uses :P
3) I don't occur naturally on Earth

That being said, I wonder if I'm gonna be in this one…?

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #115
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Nioca:

quote:
Einsteinium, however, is available.
Actually, it's not. Enraged Slith has it. I used what is on Episode 2's Appearances page, not Jewel's Periodic Table of Spiderweb. They're very similar, but not quite the same.
[/QB]
What? What's this? You've been taking liberties with my Periodic Table without notifying me?!! I'm not a mind reader you know. If you put somebody on the table you have to tell me. :P (I know I read the script, but I wasn't paying attention to who had what element then.)

So was FBM Palladium in Episode 2? Because I'd like the table to be acurate and up to date.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #116
Yes, he was.

Unfortunately, Dikiyoba doesn't know if you can get the two to match up. There are some people listed on your Table who didn't appear in the story, and there are probably a few duplicates because of that.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #117
Diki, you are becoming pretty famous, aren't you? ^^

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #118
Was that a pickup line?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #119
Hmmh. Fine. -X- will be Mendelevium, since, like the founder of the periodic table of elements, Dmitri Mendeleyev, he is the founder of -X-'s Big Book O' Personality Classification. -X- is also a bit too insane, hence the atomic number 101. Like Mendelevium, which was the ninth transuranic element synthesized, -X- joined the boards nine months and a year ago. -X- is named after someone who did something incredibly important, but is rarely recognized for doing that.

So, HA! -X- has wormed his way into this as well! Unless Dikiyoba The Great would like to earn -X-'s eternal hatred for excluding him from Episode Three... -X- is scared now...

[ Wednesday, October 25, 2006 15:59: Message edited by: -X- ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #120
So Homeland was mentioned in the story, and I was wondering if anyone knew that there is a Homeland 2.
What a scarry thought.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #121
Is it bad that I'm waiting for the next part more anxiously then GF4? Of course, I have far better chances of being in the next part of Diki's story the I do in GF4.

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #122
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Is it bad that I'm waiting for the next part
Yes.
quote:

more anxiously then GF4?
It will be out when it comes. Or a few days sooner.
quote:

Of course, I have far better chances of being in the next part of Diki's story the I do in GF4.
Why would you want to be in Ms Dikiyoba's tale? I assume you were kidding about wanting to be in G4.

( :P )

--------------------
quote:

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #123
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Yes, he was.

Unfortunately, Dikiyoba doesn't know if you can get the two to match up. There are some people listed on your Table who didn't appear in the story, and there are probably a few duplicates because of that.

I'll see what I can do then. Nioca, if you would be so kind as to pick an element that is not taken on either table or list, that would help a bunch.

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #124
Like ununtrium (113), Nioca is a newbie.

Described as expected to be a soft, silvery highly reactive metal, I see no issues with awarding Nioca with this designation.

--------------------
quote:

Pages