OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #201
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

I have been, but nobody except for merchants (and the odd traveling circus) crosses the Abyss Knights teritorry unmolested. And the only living sentient creatures that enter my land and leave sentient are crazy cult demon worshipers.

Only Sarachim (the crazy cult demon worshipers) and Alec (the Abyss Knights) know of an undead presence. Alec knows only because a turncoat told him that undead exist there. Up until recently, all that the cult knew was that there were a bunch of undead and someone who was creating them.

That's a good point, though I don't understand why merchants are not able to pass on information.

In any case, changed it. Hope its better now.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #202
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

That's a good point, though I don't understand why merchants are not able to pass on information.

In any case, changed it. Hope its better now.

Merchants don't go past Bargha, defenitely not into the unsettled lands. Do you think a band of cutthroat mercenaries are going to tell some random peddler about a thorn in their side they are incapable of removing. And, even if there were apt to telling secrets that were meant to be kept secret, all they know is that there is some necromancer hidden away in the northwestern passages creating a bunch of undead. And if they can put two and two together they'll be aware that the "slith" menace was in fact the undead under illusion.

It is better, but if he wasn't there for the past twenty years then he knows nothing about recent events in Avernum. So far as he knows, the king is still on the throne and order and peace reign.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 11:05: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #203
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

Scattered over the ground, he saw some unicorn horns. They were said to have magical abilities. He decided to take three. They were free anyway.

Objection!

Why is that unicorn lair still there? It got cleaned out way back in the time of A3. It's been 300 years, and I'd be amazed if the Empire couldn't deal with a few leftover unicorns in that time period. And name one use for unicorn horns.

EDIT/ADDENDUM:

quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

his newly erected bone palace

For one, this just looks weird. For another, this is bad. Very bad.

quote:

we have summoned ten lower demons there. The mage who summoned them was incompetent, which was why she was chosen.

Ow. Ow! OW!!! Incompetent mages can't summon demons, much less ones that will end up...

quote:

acting as generals

OW!!!

quote:

Tygra had told the truth, he finally got a good necromancer to make him an undead army.

No! No, goddammit! No! No undead army for you! Do you read our posts?!

quote:

the Inn of Blades and Porter's Retreat are now forts. What's more we have our slaves work on costruction of the fleet. Meanwhile, our regular workers are fixing up Krizsan. Also, we have begun construction of seige weaponry

NO!!! You've been disabled in Kriszan! You can't spontaneously turn two towns into forts! What slaves?! I thought you killed everyone! Siege weaponry?! You've got nobody to siege!

You don't have the resources, you don't have the focus, and you don't seem to have a clue of what you're doing.

quote:

Back in his chambers Tygra was Holding a special knife. His priests performed the holy ritual. Tygra put the blade to his thumb. Wincing he watched as the years poured out of him. Tygra took the knife away. Thirty years of his life for the spell to be sealed forever. Not only that it affected all new initiates.

NO!!! YOU CHEAT! YOU CAN'T MAKE YOURSELF UNSTOPPABLE!

quote:

About the undead army, I'll let you control them Wonko. They're 500 undead strong, plus the demons know necromancy...

[i]DIE.[/i]

No undead army. No demons that can make more undead. No more blatant stupidity and disregard for others' work. I beg of you, curb your insanity!

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 15:16: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #204
Ephesos seems to have voiced my sentiments, but NO! Not only did we specifically say NO UNDEAD ARMY, you're not even a mage-based faction. If the DOMINION can't summon ten necromancy-capable demons to crush me (and they can't), you sure can't.

EDIT: You want to attack me? Then use NORMAL HUMAN SOLDIERS. There is no need, reason, purpose, or balance in using demons and undead.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 15:50: Message edited by: Wonko The Sane ]

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #205
Wonder what's inside Fort Duvno? I think I've gone far enough with the Eastern Gallery. If someone else wants to handle Fort Duvno that'll be fine. I can just have Sulfi walk around and find all the gates locked...

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 16:03: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #206
Originally by Alec:

quote:
A separate note to Dikyoba: playing a band of wanderers might be a bad idea, unless you intend them to accrue followers in a hurry. Everyone else has got armies marching around, after all.
No followers. All my faction is trying to do is stay alive. The last thing I need to do is create another huge army and cause massive death counts. If I do, it'll become a habit.

Originally by Infernal666hate:

quote:
Please explain, if I find your explination plausible enough (or funny enough), I may allow that.
I just assumed that my vagabonds have heard rumors or will hear rumors of undead to the west. They wouldn't know your faction by name, but I thought the summary (and just the summary)should be as clear as possible, as opposed to "vague rumors about undead somewhere west of the Abyss"

After GoldenKings latest post, Dikiyoba is suddenly very tempted to have Dikiyoba's faction fall through a portal that can transport them through time, space, and all logic, land in front of Tygra, and kill him and his undead. Unfortunately, that would be cheating.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #207
GOLDENKING:
This has gone way too far. There are now two options:

1. You post in this thread, have a respectful conversation about what is and is not acceptable to do in the RP, and respect the judgment of your fellow players.

2. I ask Arancaytar to forcibly remove you from the RP thread. I would never consider this, but you are refusing to listen to reason time and again. At this point, I think most of the other players would support my request.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 16:27: Message edited by: Dame Annals ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #208
Okay. I am trying to tone down the insanity. I plan to kill Tygra. Lifting the veil from the people and throwing the Hunters well, ironically, into insanity. Now, please give me one last chance to fix the mess called a faction. Or atleast end it's life.

--------------------
The ending has not yet been written.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #209
quote:
Originally written by Hunterking:

Okay. I am trying to tone down the insanity. I plan to kill Tygra. Lifting the veil from the people and throwing the Hunters well, ironically, into insanity. Now, please give me one last chance to fix the mess called a faction. Or atleast end it's life.
Are you going to pick up another faction if you disable the Hunters so you can start again or something?

Actually I'd find it interesting if one of the bigger factions suddenly fell apart. Imagine all the other players quickly trying to snap up land.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #210
Well Golden King's posts have been toned down so I can now read them without getting a head ache, but heres a question.
quote:
First, the rebels, as I have no doubt you have all heard there are elven rebels running about. One of them is a mage, and two others are priests. Don't fear, they are being hunted down and will be killed." Tygra paused to let the knowledge sink in.

Is this a misspell, or do you really mean there are elves? Did you mean "eleven" rebels? If so then who are these men you refer too, maybe I missed an IC or didn't take note of them. If you did mean elven, then I would remind you that elves have never been mentioned in the world of Ermarian, and I would like a description of them.

Edit- Quoting from across threads, urgh.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 17:22: Message edited by: Lazarus ]

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #211
quote:
Originally written by *Milla:

Are you going to pick up another faction if you disable the Hunters so you can start again or something?

Actually I'd find it interesting if one of the bigger factions suddenly fell apart. Imagine all the other players quickly trying to snap up land.[/QB]
I don't think it would be good to start up another faction. Well, I could... Maybe a faction of former Hunters trying to repent for there deeds. Anyways it would be small. I'd also illustrate the things happening shortly after the fall.
EDIT: Sorry, it is supposed to be eleven. Just a little slip of the keyboard. There are the warriors going to warn the Looters of the army. There is one priest going to Bigail to talk with the Enlightened Anama.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 17:26: Message edited by: Hunterking ]

--------------------
The ending has not yet been written.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #212
quote:

Name: The Army of the Bright Star
Founder: Saint Kelvin
Leader: Saint Oakheart, formerly of the Order of Krell.

AIIIAAGHERGROUHLAAAAAARGH!!!!!

NO!

For the love of all things good and pure, NO!!!

DO NOT RIP OFF MY FACTION! I REFUSE TO HAVE MY CREATION HIJACKED!

Find your own characters! Don't steal them from me, particularly when you already killed every member of the Order living near you!

EDIT: Rant extended.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 20:03: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #213
I'm overdue for an IC post, but I probably won't get it done til tomorrow. I've got serious writer's block.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #214
GoldenKing, the faction change is way, way too abrupt. If you want to kill Tygra and come up with a new faction, do it slowly. Show Tygra stewing in his own madness while his charm wears off on all those surrounding him. Create a new character to rebel and plot against Tygra and take charge of the new faction. Allow the Order of Krell to infiltrate the Hunters. Then you can show the assassination of Tygra and the rise of the new faction.

On a side note (should it all work out) Dikiyoba is looking forward to having the twenty infiltrators stumble across Ephesos' temple.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #215
Right now I wouldn't want to forcibly remove anyone from anything, and I don't think that is necessary. The last time it was, the RP was in a worse state, there was OOC flaming going on, and the one who was removed had already started boycotting (spamming) the RP.

If necessary, ignore the ICs. Removal should only be necessary for flooding and OOC nastiness.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #216
*Cough* *Ahem* *splutter cough* *dying sound*

DAMMIT GOLDENKING! I know you probably already got the picture, but other than you're overpowered armies and such, let me point out the following thing:

quote:
the Inn of Blades and Porter's Retreat are now forts. What's more we have our slaves work on costruction of the fleet. Meanwhile, our regular workers are fixing up Krizsan. Also, we have begun construction of seige weaponry
No! God dammit! I already said, before you posted, that Porters retreat is a ruin! READ other people's post FIRST before making your own!

Infernal: Sorry, I'm not going to change that. If he was away longer than 20 years, he might as well been dead. nephilim don't live that long.

Ephesos: They are said that they have magical abilities, not that they really have them, Also, the unicorns may be gone, but bones don't fade away just like that, and a horn after all is a sort of bone (but others will have to say if that is true). I think the horns can still lie there, while the unicorns are already gone.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #217
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

Ephesos: They are said that they have magical abilities, not that they really have them, Also, the unicorns may be gone, but bones don't fade away just like that, and a horn after all is a sort of bone (but others will have to say if that is true). I think the horns can still lie there, while the unicorns are already gone.
But those were the pest unicorns... the ones whose horns only served as a way to collect a bounty. No purpose at all.

And if they did serve a purpose, somebody would've collected the horns within 300 years.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #218
I really sahould check these things in-game before posting. I must have forgotten about them only being for the bounty. If you don't mind, Moternij will keep them enyhow. they are still nice pointy things with which you can stab people. that is with a little sharpening of the horn.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #219
Yes, but you can do that with a sharpened stone just fine, and you don't need to find or kill a unicorn for it. The first of which is very tricky in this day and age, and the latter, if not difficult, at least tedious.

The rodent-like unicorn living on the surface has no magical properties; it was hunted as a crop-destroying pest.

--------------------
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #220
It was poisonous though. Where did the poison come through? The horns?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #221
Hey, right. I stand corrected - one could possibly find a way to extract and use the poison.

Still, there are a lot of plant compounds that might be more easy to acquire. Unless unicorn poison is somehow incredibly powerful or has some creatively unique property, it still sounds a bit far-fetched...

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #222
So... Is there still a huge army attacking me or what? If there isn't please edit it out so people don't become confused.

[ Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:45: Message edited by: Wonko The Sane ]

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #223
quote:
Originally written by thaet waes gode cyning:

Yes, but you can do that with a sharpened stone just fine, and you don't need to find or kill a unicorn for it. The first of which is very tricky in this day and age, and the latter, if not difficult, at least tedious.

The rodent-like unicorn living on the surface has no magical properties; it was hunted as a crop-destroying pest.

May I too understand your problem with me finding some unicorn horns? Also, I didn't fins any unicorn, and I certianly didn't kill any. I only found its horn.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #224
Oi! Thralni:

I won't be able to make the post for about a day. I have school of sorts tomorrow. So in your further posts till I make the post could you focus on your other characters?

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #225
quote:
Originally written by *Milla:

Oi! Thralni:

I won't be able to make the post for about a day. I have school of sorts tomorrow. So in your further posts till I make the post could you focus on your other characters?

Fine with me. I only post once a day, and I sure can focus on the other spies or get the army moving again.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages