OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #426
:(

Awfully embarassed about this.

[ Sunday, December 03, 2006 14:46: Message edited by: Kuber ]

--------------------
It's only an eye, my lord.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #427
Summary updated.

Edit: Sig links are back as well. If anyone can figure out why the OoC link doesn't work, let me know.

[ Sunday, December 03, 2006 17:21: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #428
You've got a space after the ? in the address.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #429
That would be it. Dikiyoba, I notice that you figure these things out more often than anyone else. I name you my official proofreader from now on. :P

Edit: We need to figure out who is still participating, who isn't, and who wants to take their place.

Confirmed Participants
TyranEphesosDintiradanAranDikiyoba - Willing to discontinue faction and take over for someone elseNikkiZephyrMillaDrakeySullustUnconfirmed ParticipantsInfernalConfirmed NonparticipantsAlec (Tully has decided to continue his faction)TMThralniSlartyLazarusDavidPremDoes anyone want to take over for these nonparticipants?

[ Monday, December 04, 2006 12:41: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #430
I could be able to post at a rate of about 1 or 2 IC posts per per week.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #431
I'll need to freshen up my memory about it, but I think I can jump back in...

[ Monday, December 04, 2006 04:27: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #432
Still in, but nothing substantial until Thursday (weeps over homework). I can probably take over for one of the non-participants too, if needed. It'd take me a bit of time to read over their posts and try to emulate their style, though.

--------------------
My newest bard spell: Summon Plot Exposition!
- Elan (OotS #13)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #433
*sigh*... TM's out? Okay, right... I'll try to think up a way to dispose of the rakshasi without any deus ex machina nonsense...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #434
Just to clarify, I don't think I have time to participate. If anyone is going to take over the Goblin Goblins, contact me first so I can pass on one rather critical, as-yet-unrevealed fact.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #435
I think I'll have approximently the same posting rate as Drakefyre but there will be times where I post frequently depending on what's happening.

All I need to do now is:

*Remember what I was planning for my faction.

*Find out what actually happened in the RP.

*Get back into character for the posts.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #436
With Slarty, Thralni and Premonition, all factions mine has interacted with are gone.

Thus, change my status either to "unconfirmed" or "confirmed non-participants", pending whatever happens with their factions.

Regardless of what else, I can only participate if these factions (importantly, Goblins and Kaz) continue to be played by someone.

--

However, I am willing to continue to provide a summary and maps.

If necessary, I can temporarily take over at least the Kazites. The Goblins, I'm afraid, are above and beyond my powers of comedy. The Nephil spy bequeathed to me will likely want to find out about the remaining survivors of his faction, which my spies can probably find out in good time. If he so wishes (and he does, since nobody is here to object) he will be offered asylum among the Keepers.

All of this will have to wait a week, however.

[ Wednesday, December 06, 2006 05:21: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #437
Hm... so, since we seem to have the problem of a rising menace without a controller, I have a proposal, thought up by Lazarus:

Let's fast-forward a few years. Maybe get a few posts in beforehand to warm everybody up again, let one person post a disembodied-narrator sort of thing to summarize the damage, and then we continue with a bit of a blank slate. Other people will be able to jump in, and then we might get a new menace before long.

Either way, I'm working to post another IC in the present.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #438
The more I think about it, the more I like it. It solves the problem of TM's absence. It also would be able to address IC holes and players disappearing. For instance:
quote:
As the civil war between the Hunters and the Alliance drew the a close, the Army of the Bright Star continued to deliver much needed humanitarian aid to the people of Krizsan province. After a few months of reorganizing, the Alliance government finally addressed the crisis and took over the Army's efforts. After this, the Army disbanded. Many of the members set up small shrines throughout South Valorim, urging their parishes to aid those who live in war-torn areas of Ermarian.
A bit cliche, I know. But it effectively gets rid of a faction while still keeping it a permanent part of the landscape.

I think that the Druids are the best bet to deal with the Rakshasi. It'd be nice if I had a couple IC posts done before that happened, though.

Also, White Peak and the Goblin attack on the Keepers still needs to be resolved.

--------------------
Dodge, dodge, dodge the inevitable counterattack.
- Elan (OotS #19)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #439
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

I think that the Druids are the best bet to deal with the Rakshasi. It'd be nice if I had a couple IC posts done before that happened, though.
Eh, is that only because we're the only ones on Vantanas? :P

I might have a slightly cliché way to get rid of the rakshasi, but it could possibly be enough. Of course, it would trample all over TM's canon, but I don't really care.

EDIT: Um... TM currently objects to his status as a confirmed nonparticipant. He says he's still in.

[ Sunday, December 10, 2006 18:11: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #440
Bump.

--------------------
I didn't intend this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs.
- Nancy Reagan (during a "Just Say No" rally)
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #441
I'm actually working on an IC now, not that anything i do affects your faction. :P

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #442
In a brief moment of reminiscence, I stumbled back onto the Spiderweb boards and find myself staring at the Avernum RP.

Despite all my reasons for leaving in the first place, I think to myself how could I not?

EDIT: Though, I will be here only for RP matters as school still has me in its clutches.

[ Wednesday, January 10, 2007 06:56: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #443
Yay! Another participant! Now my faction actually has someone to interact with!

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #444
Yay! I don't have to reconstruct the plan to undermine the rakshasi alone!

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #445
I won't be able to post until I get back to school on Monday. But I assure you I will post ASAP...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #446
I'm still alone... :(

Bah! What am I complaining about? After Eph deals with the tigers, Valorim is MINE! Bwahahahahaha!!!

(Furtively hopes that no one raises any concerns about conquering an entire continent with a decimated army.)

--------------------
Due to lack of ground in this cemetery,
Two bodies are buried in this plot.
One of them was a politician,
The other was an honest man.
- Epitaph in Georgia
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #447
Rescued from the jaws of oblivion!

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael

Pages