OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #125
"TM, I now realize my abject stupidity in the barrel move. It was an act of desperation. GoldenKing's not going to be too pleased when he gets back."

Well, to be perfectly honest, it's only expected that the battle be something of a wash. I've got a navy, he doesn't. On the other hand, his armies aren't that damaged. Most of the losses were in houses and other such buildings-- in terms of manpower, Tygra doesn't actually have it that bad.

Now, as for the book... I'm hoping to make that into an interesting fight. We'll see.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #126
Yeah, the Hunters are primarily military, and after the seemingly wanton destruction of Krizsan, he'll be able to whip the peasants into a frenzy and get them to join the army. I told him much the same in an PM.

He's done a quick post. The real book is going to be destroyed now.

I'll try make a post where Nyrulia speaks to the masses. Hopefully, I'll be able to weave in a synopsis of the battle in the speech for those confused.

EDIT: The firing on the Looters really surprised me. Killing the people who hired you is quite a bad business practice. :P

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

[ Friday, March 31, 2006 09:15: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #127
Summoning undead? Not only does that seem rather convenient, but how happy will the people of Kriszan be to know that the soldiers who fought for them were brought back as undead and forced to fight even more?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #128
NO. Necromancy is not a simple field. Goldenking can't just pull a bunch of strong necromancers out of nowhere. So I imagine that his mages won't be able to do much more than create a small handful of skeletons and zombies, which is pretty much a joke.

Goldenking, you can't keep doing this.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #129
Oy, Goldenking. This is not making a good second impression. Spontaneously ressurecting a whole army is not a good or balanced thing. Please edit your post.

As for a summary of the Krizsan battle, I have no clue as to what happened. TM seems to bend RP reality to his will with each new post. Ask him what the heck happened, please. I don't even know who won.

And I was going to do an IC post, but there was an attack of real life :P . I'll do one tomorrow.

(He's burning the book? I plundered an entire city for nothing!)

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #130
One can always hope Tygra and his necromancers are foolish enough to try and create an army of undead in the ruins of Ephesos' long-forgotten temple. I imagine the temple's magic would take care of them in a hurry. GoldenKing does like to have things come out of nowhere. And the sound effects would be so amusing.

And let's not forget that Thralni's faction has twenty arrows of light. Thralni could screw GoldenKing's faction over pretty badly too. There are plenty of ways around GoldenKing's latest post.

Dikiyoba and a big, fat :P .

Edit: Typo.

[ Friday, March 31, 2006 13:01: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #131
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

He would build a new capital from solid bone.
AIGH!!! NO!

I just can't deal with this... I seriously need to write an IC tonight, but I doubt I'll have time until Sunday evening.

Thank you for the suggestion, Dikiyoba. It has been duly noted. :D

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #132
Dikiyoba is good.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #133
Why do I feel relieved that I'm no where in Goldenking's sights? :P

Luckily, we have our own ancient temple. (Ok, it used to be the Place of the Fiesty Slap of Pain but it still counts.)

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #134
Dikiyoba, if you're keeping up with the RP then why don't you join in? If you're reading everyone elses posts then you're half way there.
Thralni, the IC was fine.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #135
First off, I've never really seen an RP before (haven't read the Shadows of the Mountain one), so I want to watch this one develop and learn from it so that I don't make a nuisance of myself. Second, my script and real life are already getting in each other's way. I can't add an RP to it.

Besides, Dikiyoba's not reading it that closely. Some things just stand out.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #136
(dusts off fresh post)

Dikiyoba, I have a feeling that you'd be able to cope with this RP. Maybe once the script is completed, anyway.

Before I forget, I have this to say to Goldenking: No undead for you. :P

Residual magic rules!

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #137
No undead for you!! Come back, 1 year!!!

Is a sig change in order??

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #138
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

(dusts off fresh post)

Dikiyoba, I have a feeling that you'd be able to cope with this RP. Maybe once the script is completed, anyway.

Before I forget, I have this to say to Goldenking: No undead for you. :P

Residual magic rules!

*Reads*

Have my children please? :D

Seriously that was a great post. Let's see how Goldenking works with this.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #139
If you think that's bad... the next time Tygra acts up, the Gobby Gods are going to fart at him. :P

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #140
quote:
Drakey:
The next day, a message arrived at the palace of the Avatar of Kaz. It read simply,

Technically, it's a palace converted into a temple. :P
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #141
Just as an aside: The Hunters don't actually know who attacked them. The Looters haven't exposed themselves to any faction other than the Guild (and maybe the Anama), and the Guild has taken pains not to explicitly reveal themselves either. (Although as stated earlier, he can heavily suspect Guild involvement... But heck- what can he do about it?)

Anyway, there's an important side-effect of the Battle of Krizsan... But more on that later.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #142
"If you know of any sentient beings in the Ndovlu mountains, I would appreciate getting to meet them."

Zephyr, I want to meet you too, but surely there is a better way to arrange it than asking a bizarre and blatantly OOC question...

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #143
quote:
Originally written by Dame Annals:

If you think that's bad... the next time Tygra acts up, the Gobby Gods are going to fart at him. :P
For somebody who is so extremely fond of realisme, having actual gods with which a character talk is kind a silly. Unless you have some justification (like the goblin has fallen on his head and is totally senile, making him hear things) its okay, but I didn't see any justification for it, did I.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #144
Thralni (re secret entrances): There isn't. There are two ways you can enter the citadel; one is by flying and one is by knocking at the front gate. There are no back exits you could find (let alone open) from the outside.

Edit: The flying was a joke.

Edit: Also, specify WHEN you are arriving. It is currently two hours past midnight, and the citadel is surrounded by goblins. There is no way you can sneak past them, so you will either have to stay back, be discovered, or not arrive at the citadel until dawn (when I assume the negotiations will have finished).

[ Saturday, April 01, 2006 03:23: Message edited by: The holy blisful martir for to seke ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #145
(IC) Thralni, are you questioning the faith of my dear Gobby Gods? Gobriquet, come over here and help your dear me, help me to split the head of the numskull of a nephil who dares to question the farting power of our Gods! (/IC)

Edit: In all seriousness, Thralni, the only thing time I have written dialogue in for the Gobby Gods is when Glogroth is alone at the Holy Hole. I have left it up to the reader to determine what this means. At the moment, there are many plausible explanations, including that the Gods are real, or that Glogroth is crazy, or quite possibly both.
---
The citadel isn't surrounded by goblins, is it? Kappa only brought 20 or 30, both you and I specified that in our posts. The rest of the army is nearby, but it's not surrounded.

BTW, I finally updated the roster.

[ Saturday, April 01, 2006 03:33: Message edited by: Dame Annals ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #146
quote:
Originally written by The holy blisful martir for to seke:

Thralni (re secret entrances): There isn't. There are two ways you can enter the citadel; one is by flying and one is by knocking at the front gate. There are no back exits you could find (let alone open) from the outside.

Edit: The flying was a joke.

Edit: Also, specify WHEN you are arriving. It is currently two hours past midnight, and the citadel is surrounded by goblins. There is no way you can sneak past them, so you will either have to stay back, be discovered, or not arrive at the citadel until dawn (when I assume the negotiations will have finished).

I arrived at dawn (yes, I'm further in the story) and I also never read in any post that your citadel was surrounded.

EDIT: (removed what was here) Thanks for that explanation. That was what I wanted to hear, and not just some semi-IC. Thank you.

[ Saturday, April 01, 2006 03:37: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #147
"or is this RP some kind of ancient Myth, like the Greeks and Romans had"

In case you didn't notice, the RP involves magic, mythological creatures, and a whole slew of other things that do not exist in our world. Yes, I am a stickler for realism in the context of the game-world. I strive to maintain the integrity of the game-world. This is quite different from suddenly deciding to apply real-world standards of reality to the game-world, in one limited instance, which is what you are doing right now :P

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #148
quote:

"or is this RP some kind of ancient Myth, like the Greeks and Romans had"

In case you didn't notice, the RP involves magic, mythological creatures, and a whole slew of other things that do not exist in our world. Yes, I am a stickler for realism in the context of the game-world. I strive to maintain the integrity of the game-world. This is quite different from suddenly deciding to apply real-world standards of reality to the game-world, in one limited instance, which is what you are doing right now :P

Wel, yes, you're right, but talking gods goes even a bit to far for me. Oh well. matbe its because I'm not a believer, or its because of my current mood.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #149
quote:

(IC) Thralni, are you questioning the faith of my dear Gobby Gods? Gobriquet, come over here and help your dear me, help me to split the head of the numskull of a nephil who dares to question the farting power of our Gods! (/IC)

Edit: In all seriousness, Thralni, the only thing time I have written dialogue in for the Gobby Gods is when Glogroth is alone at the Holy Hole. I have left it up to the reader to determine what this means. At the moment, there are many plausible explanations, including that the Gods are real, or that Glogroth is crazy, or quite possibly both.
---
The citadel isn't surrounded by goblins, is it? Kappa only brought 20 or 30, both you and I specified that in our posts. The rest of the army is nearby, but it's not surrounded.

BTW, I finally updated the roster.

Given that the citadel, for all purposes, has one exit, and the only way to enter it or leave it is past a very long, relatively narrow path, it doesn't take all that much to "surround" it. :P

I'm writing the IC right now, leading up to the point where you're at the front gate. You'll need to come knocking soon, or we'll be stuck in this scene while the world moves on around us. Also, I guess prem needs an IC from you before the battle scene can continue.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael

Pages