OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #276
TM - oh please, do so. Leaving the Hunters hanging like this would disrupt most of the action in southern Valorim, if nobody is willing or competent enough to play out their end.

I'm concerned that you got a new faction, Goldenking. I hope you will handle this one better than the last, and especially that you will not make it magically disappear in a single post after making it a major player in the storyline.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #277
I don't intend on letting this faction becoming near as screwed up as the Hunters. Oh and TM if you make a new death do it soon. I want to be able to do stuff in the RP soon.

--------------------
The ending has not yet been written.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #278
Okay. I've killed off Tygra and given you a very good plan for how to run a new faction. If you want to take control of Lyonard and McCallister from this point on, do so.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #279
No.

The "Slayers" sound exactly like the "Hunters," with mildly different leadership.

The main reason all of this trouble errupted was because your faction sucked from the get-go, and by making Lyonard nothing more than a hyped-up Tygra, you lose everything.

ALSO. All of your townspeople wouldn't "instantly stone" McCallister (nevermind that from the roof of your capitol building, they wouldn't hit him). Keep in mind:
1. Everyone in Krizsan has had the antidote to the mind control
2. Tygra's government has just been proven to be completely worthless in defending people. If Tygra's last claim to political power is saying that he'll protect the people, anyone else who can make such a claim with the support of every officer of the army present has a lot more clout.

EDIT: Keep in mind, this "worship Tygra" syndrome is not that old. The revolution happened no more than, say, a few months ago, and your organization does not have a long-standing tradition. Not only will the people not be suffering from it greatly, but the officers mostly come from Imperial ranks, kept in line by the brainwashing (that now does not apply). (And if they don't, I'd ask you how you got anyone with ANY sort of tactical training.)

[ Saturday, April 08, 2006 17:44: Message edited by: Rubicante ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #280
For god sakes!
1. They didn't instantly stone him, and he wasn't at the roof of the capitol building. I never said he was! What's more they stoned him because he was basically another guy supporting the Hunters ideas!
2. It is very foolish to assume that every officer is in Krizsan. What's more McCallister was telling them how they would set the Hunters straight! The people don't want the Hunters or any different form of them!

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #281
Lyonard pulling the strings for the new faction would actually have been an interesting wrinkle if pulled off right. Now the new faction is just the Hunters trying to shake off their old name and past mis-deads.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #282
quote:
Originally written by SpiderwebSoftwareking:

For god sakes!
1. They didn't instantly stone him, and he wasn't at the roof of the capitol building. I never said he was! What's more they stoned him because he was basically another guy supporting the Hunters ideas!
2. It is very foolish to assume that every officer is in Krizsan. What's more McCallister was telling them how they would set the Hunters straight! The people don't want the Hunters or any different form of them!

1. My post said that he was going to be, and your post didn't say anything otherwise.
2. If he was supporting the Hunters' ideas, you sure didn't say so. (In fact, neither did I.) The only "platform" I gave Lyonard/McCallister was protecting the people.
3. It's not that foolish to assume that every officer is there. And if not every officer is there, than the vast majority are, so practically every officer is there. Remember, they were all summoned for the battle, and those who came had not left yet.

Lazarus is right- the way I had it set up would have given you a fairly vanilla yet somewhat exciting faction.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #283
FINE! I'll edit it to something else. It's just I had them in mind for being the rebels I mentioned! :mad:
EDIT: There is the Alliance of Science and Education any better?

[ Saturday, April 08, 2006 18:40: Message edited by: SpiderwebSoftwareking ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #284
Well, I'd object to your using the word "science"-- since at this point in time, science in the way you're talking about it doesn't exist, and science in the way they'd use it would include magic.

Other than that, though... Well, I'll make a post about it.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #285
Jesus Bok! Now I too totally lost it. The Huntrs seem to be dead, but not quite. I'd like to know NOW who these soldiers at fort emergence are. I always assumed they were some Dominion/Hunters group or something, but now I'm not sure anymore.

And I agree with TM in almost anything he said, by the way.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #286
I never thought this day would come.

I completely agree to TM's point of view on this one.

EDIT: If you want an example of a good IC series in which there is a power struggle look at my next few. It does not happen in one post. My latest IC indicated some dissention, it grows, it does not erupt at once.

EDIT 2: I noticed that a lot of people haven't been updating their summaries. What's the point of them if they're not updated every once in a while?

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 04:14: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #287
I will be taking control of the Alliance. I have a lot of experience with faction-juggling.

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 09:46: Message edited by: The Worst Man Ever ]
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #288
Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Until this is ALL sorted out, I will not even CONSIDER Krizsan province in my posts. As far as I'm concerned, it won't even exist until we ALL agree on the same version of events.

EDIT: By The Worst Man Ever:
quote:
I have a lot of experience with faction-juggling.
Reminds me of one D&D session I played in. I was controlling the character of someone who was absent. My fighter and the party's priest failed their WS on a compulsion trap, and began fighting the rest of the party. Eventually, the only ones left standing was my fighter and the mage I was controlling. I had... fun playing with myself. :)

--------------------
Beating my head against the Teflon wall of frustration...

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 09:52: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #289
quote:
I had... fun playing with myself.
There are some things it is just not safe to say on Spiderweb.

Also, I'm catching up with the plot. Expect a post later, hopefully.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #290
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

I will be taking control of the Alliance. I have a lot of experience with faction-juggling.
So what's happening to Goldenking? Is he taking up yet another faction? Has he been vaporized?

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #291
Please.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #292
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

Please.
Er... was that a response to my question? A general complaint? A request?

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #293
A response to your question.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #294
Wow... of course my computer dies during a period of activity... let me gather my thoughts.

Goldenking, explain this to me: why would a faction dedicated to science of any sort ally with the Anama!?

TM, Alec, thank you for giving the Hunters an appropriate end.

What were the Slayers? When did that get edited out?

And lastly, Goldenking:

quote:
He had, with McCallister's permission, created a Order of Krell temple in Krizsan.
McCallister should have no say in this. I'm coming for you.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #295
I never said anything about the temple being practiced in. It's a replacement for the destroyed temple. The reason McCallister allowed it was because it was a sort of sign of peace to the Order. Oh and to your first question, yes the Slayers were edited out.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #296
McCallister has grown extremely distrustful of any religious order as of late; every one of them apparently wants to build temples and convert people within his territory, and as soon as he made it known he intended to put an end to magic in his territory the Anama naturally attempted to convert him. (And I'm sorry if that was an overstep, Dintrihoohaw - I just thought that'd be the natural thing for the Anama to do.)

The Order of the Bright Star would probably be best-served laying low for a while - so far it's managed to discomfit McCallister in his idealistic schemes, announce the Alliance to their Hunter enemies, and drain the Alliance of a third or better of its military force. They're an annoyance at best and a major nuisance at worst.

Lyonard's efforts to eliminate them are essentially a power-building exercise independent of the explicit leadership of the Alliance. However, if they make themselves visible enough, Lyonard might be able to convince McCallister to take an active role in exterminating them. Which would be bad.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #297
Thank's for posting here, I didn't want to double post ;) . Now I don't usually like to post more then one IC a day, but seeing as how such a big thing happened to my faction I'll post again, leaving Krizsan.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #298
Out of curiosity, is Ohvol mad? sadistic? cold? brilliant? overly powerful and no idea what he's doing?
I need some place to start on his character before I can start writing posts concerning him.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #299
quote:
Suddenly, a large rock smashed into a group of Empire soldiers. It came from the Bordrao. But, they wre suprised to see it was not a rock at all! It was summoned by Mhthrrr! A large mount of Fungus rose out of the small crater. It hissed and spewed spores at a nearby soldier, who could then hardly move.
quote:
Suddenly, someone blew the Horn of Bordrao! A very long and low bellowing echoed throughout the continent.
quote:
It exploded into a flock of crystalline messenger pigeons, each one with a copy of the message around their legs! Some decided to deliver their messages at the camp, some spread throghout the mountains, and more started flying south.
One at a time. Please.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #300
That's pretty much up to anyone to decide, as long as it ties in with what is already known about Ohvol. (i.e. gives him a reason for destroying most of the Eastern Gallery).

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris

Pages