OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #401
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:
Originally written by Armyking:

It was my understanding that the book could only be opened when the star was out. In fact it was more then obvious that that's what he meant. The book closes when the star isn't there. It can open when it is there.
That much was apparent. But it doesn't give him the power to decide when the star is in the sky.

I was under the empression that the star had already dissappeared before I wrote a post. All I intended to do with that post, was to let the FNF notice that that star was there, but had dissappeared. the book can only be opened when the star is there, as Goldenking had understood. When the star vanishes, the book closes, not the way around.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #402
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

I was under the empression that the star had already dissappeared before I wrote a post. All I intended to do with that post, was to let the FNF notice that that star was there, but had dissappeared. the book can only be opened when the star is there, as Goldenking had understood. When the star vanishes, the book closes, not the way around.
The only problem I have with your post, and this is what led to so much confusion, is that you completely miscalculated the amount of time the star was visible.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #403
Well, the star was in the sky for a day. Although it could be that Mernal simply didn't figure out that the book could be opened during that period until near the end.

(And if you must know what the purpose is, it's two-fold. It sends a psychic message to all Rakshasi on Ermarian, and it also has a hidden message written in the Rakshasic tongue telling them where the star actually is and how to get to it via magical portals. That it would cause a book to open as well is also feasible.)

EDIT: Not to be a nitpicker, but the notion of a human faction being better with illusions than the rakshasi is a bit outlandish. (I'm talking about the Dominion forces that fled from Angel's Rest.) A better explanation would be "we saw them and ran before they noticed us," not "we used the type of magic they are masters of better than they did."

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 17:45: Message edited by: Butt Paladin ]

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #404
Anyone planning on posting something?
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #405
I'll have an IC ready tonight, but it will probably be a while til my next one.

[ Tuesday, April 25, 2006 13:28: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #406
I'll probably be posting tonight or tomorrow night. When I get the chance, that is.

When I do, I'll be advancing my RM response...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #407
I think TM already has explained pretty much of it, and what he said was in any case more than true:

- Mernal saw the star only when it has almost dissappeared (because we have no form of knowing when exactly certain posts take place, we also don't really know how long certain things take. Don't forget that the FNF have been travelling for some days, and Mernal was trying to get past the goblins safely).
- Mernal only remembered the book untill it was too late.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #408
If no else is going to post by tomorrow, I'm going to, despite the fact that I have already done so recently. If you no longer have the time for this RP, say so, instead of just disappearing. Soon, I'll have no choice but start pretending that some factions have just been sucked into non-existence.

--------------------
Oops, almost forgot.

BUMP!!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #409
Dint: You have stuff to post about. My memory fails me, but you're either the Anama or the Dominion, right?

I've built a colony of mages on the Bigail Sea and annexed land on the Dominion outskirts, along with proposing an anti-Rakshasa pact. Lots of big news from me. You have things to write about.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #410
I will try and make an IC when I get the time. Should be sometime tomorrow.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #411
I'd like to post, I have nothing to do anyway. Problem is that I completely lost track of time. How many hours/days/weeks are we now past the point that the star dissappeared? In my last post it just dissappeared, so....

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #412
Any time Ephesos.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #413
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

Any time Ephesos.
Working on it. Life has been... interesting to me for the past few days. And I still don't have my laptop back.

EDIT:

quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

I'm stopping with the RP. Continue as if the FNF never existed. I can't find the time, nor the motivation to continue.
No, we can't just pretend a faction never existed. It's just no longer under your control, Thralni. We will do with it what we see fit. If you want a dignified end for your faction, instead of letting us control it as an NPC faction, then write a dignified exit post for it. Heck, have the FNF engage the rakshasi and go out swinging.

But don't just tell us to ignore twenty or so posts of nephilim activity.

[ Sunday, April 30, 2006 10:42: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #414
Okay, fine with me. I'll write an IC tomorrow. I'll do what I see fit.

The problem is I just don't really enjoy this RP anymore. It has become a drag. Nobody ever posts, I don't have the time, and I lack all motivation. Again, I'm sorry, but I quit.

EDIT: Posted

[ Monday, May 01, 2006 00:45: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #415
quote:
Originally written by Butt Paladin:

N. Vantanas. Scarmiglione is sitting on an outcropping overlooking a gigantic bonfire. Standing to his right is the "Doctor," monitoring all four of the portals. Then, ten Rakshasi teleport into being in front of Scar.

"State your business, soldiers," said Scarmiglione, expecting nothing more than a typical reconnaissance report.
"Sir! We regret to inform you that a demonic nexus is forming to the south of us!"
"Oh?"
"Demons," spat the Doctor. "They are of no threat to us. What brimstone can they hurl at us which we will not devour?"
"Nevermind that," said Scarmiglione. "We must still take their threat seriously."
"Very well, Red Star. But what do you propose?"
"I propose that we immediately send a group of magi to seal off the nexus before its formation."
"That sounds reasonable, Master."

Didn't happen yet. Please rewrite this section of the post.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #416
If your demon army is gathering to the south:
1. It will take more than an instant to open up a portal
2. A hyper-magical race will sense this portal's opening

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #417
1. There were no demons on Vantas at the time.
2. They were using set up scrying pools, not creating their own portals.

Also, if all that happened was that you sensed portals opening, how would you know it was demons.

[ Monday, May 01, 2006 14:53: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #418
I woulc've posted in the RP again...but I'm still waiting for Drakefyre's response to my continuation of the siege. If you could, please hurry.

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #419
quote:

Also, if all that happened was that you sensed portals opening, how would you know it was demons.
Okay, fine. The Rakshasi wouldn't know that it was demons... But considering the demonic energy-- that is, a symptom of portals going to or from hell...
All I'm saying is, the Rakshasi see this coming. Considering that you'd have a hard time actually surprising them like this anyway, all I'm doing is pre-emptively describing how the strategy is changing.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #420
quote:
Originally written by Butt Paladin:

quote:

Okay, fine. The Rakshasi wouldn't know that it was demons... But considering the demonic energy-- that is, a symptom of portals going to or from hell...
All I'm saying is, the Rakshasi see this coming. Considering that you'd have a hard time actually surprising them like this anyway, all I'm doing is pre-emptively describing how the strategy is changing.

I wasn't saying it was wrong, just early.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #421
I made an end to my facton. if somebody wants to take over and continue with the spies left (see my last post in the IC thread for their locations and names), you're welcome. I don't feel like continuing.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #422
I'm currently getting my maps in order and re-reading the RP. It turns out that I forgot most of what happened.

I'll bring up the Summaries thread again.

Please update them if you will continue to play - that also means placing a link to each of your IC posts and summarizing it in one sentence.

I'll do this for all players who are dropping out.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #423
Ephesos's and Zephyr's below posts are responses to mine. I have edited out this post, though, so they probably won't make sense anymore.

[ Sunday, December 03, 2006 14:47: Message edited by: Kuber ]

--------------------
It's only an eye, my lord.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #424
Um... I have a slight objection. TM's rakshasi are the current force for eliminating dead factions, and it's much easier to use what we've already got on the table instead of introducing yet another alien invader. That, and the Parasites feel even farther from canon than TM's conception of rakshasi, and at least they have a sort of momentum behind them.

Besides, we can't just forget about the rakshasi.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #425
Whoa, my faction isn't out. I already stated this in the IC thread, but I guess it won't hurt to repeat it here.

quote:
I am willing to continue, however it was Drakey's turn to post for the battle.

I look forward to it.

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer

Pages