OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #176
I think people would be more likely to say Karnold Isles League or just the Island League rather than KIL.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #177
quote:
Originally written by *Milla:

I think people would be more likely to say Karnold Isles League or just the Island League rather than KIL.
Agreed.

I get the feeling a lot of the players are far too insincere in their in-character posts.

People, stop to think for a while about what your characters say. Insincerity kills fiction.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #178
quote:
Originally written by The holy blisful martir for to seke:

quote:
Originally written by *Milla:

Agreed.

I get the feeling a lot of the players are far too insincere in their in-character posts.

People, stop to think for a while about what your characters say. Insincerity kills fiction.

Changed it some time ago. I also don't quite understand actually what is so "insincere" about saying KIL instead of Karnold Isle League.

I have q uestion about the status of Avernum: what cities have not yet been destroyed, and are in northern or the north-east of Avernum? Are there any tribes/folks/factions there? If so, which ones?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #179
Thralni, make up a city. As Aran keeps saying, and people keep forgetting, 300 years have passed. There should really be VARIOUS new settlements around Avernum and Valorim.

Alternately, go ahead and quit. If you can't get exactly what you want, there's no reason to compromise with other people. :P

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #180
quote:
Originally written by Dame Annals:

Thralni, make up a city. As Aran keeps saying, and people keep forgetting, 300 years have passed. There should really be VARIOUS new settlements around Avernum and Valorim.

Alternately, go ahead and quit. If you can't get exactly what you want, there's no reason to compromise with other people. :P

No. No, I'm not Ed. I'm not quitting unless my goals really are getting worthless. To be honest, I can also do it differently... yes, why not. Forget what I said, I think I just adjusted my objectives.

However, would still like to have answers on the questions I asked in the previous post, please.

[ Sunday, April 02, 2006 05:59: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #181
Slartucker answered your question.

Make it up.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #182
Thralni, I'm not trying to be mean, but [i]YOU ARE ON THE SURFACE![/i] Avernum has quite enough problems at the moment for you to start messing with something that has absolutely [i]nothing[/i] to do with your faction. Let those of us who are actually [b]in[/b] Avernum (Me, Alec, Sullust, etc) handle what happens.

[ Sunday, April 02, 2006 07:34: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #183
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

Slartucker answered your question.

Make it up.

No, he didn't. He gave an alternative. Read my questions again:

Question 1

quote:
what cities have not yet been destroyed and are in northern or the north-east of Avernum?
Question 2

quote:
Are there any tribes/folks/factions there? If so, which ones
None have been answered until now.

Tyran: I'm already planning on adjusting my objective sif necessary, as I already said.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #184
I will be more explicit.

Other than Formello, no one has stated anything. THEREFORE, make it up. It's an RP. There are no history books to refer to for the past 300 years. We all collectively make it up. We just have to be reasonable about it.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #185
As for the new towns in the Eastern Gallery. I suspect that a large part of them were eliminated by Silvar and Cotra taking stakes in the caves. At the time Ohvol arrived he pretty much only had four towns to deal with.
Furthermore, Serith never actually mentioned the destruction if I recall correctly. He only stated that the Vahnatai were hunting his group. Perhaps this could be a result of Ohvol actually being in disguise as General Valion. Either way, there are numerous settlements in North Eastern Avernum which have not been described, as well as North Central Avernum.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #186
Tyran: Where did this undead infestation in the Mertis/ToM area come from? I don't see any specific references by Sarachim or Infernal...

Also, is there any set rule in effect as to when people are allowed to post? I've already posted today, of course, but since I've had to set that IC back a day or two from when it was intended, it would help to post again before I get too far behind...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #187
Where did it come from? I made it up. It's an RP after all. I had finished my conquest of the Great Cave, and made it as far as the Tower of Magi. Sullust was doing things in the Eastern Gallery, and at the time of my post, Mertis was unclaimed area. I created the undead as an NPC faction, and was planning to have a storyline about Mertis for the next several IC posts. The area around Mertis has been plagued by undead before. I just decided to bring the undead back in a much stronger force. I'm sorry if I messed up your plans, but as I said before, the Mertis area was unclaimed at the time of my post.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #188
Essentially we needed some space fillers. Otherwise there would be nothing to stop our groups from controlling massive portions of Avernum.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #189
Hey, it's the same reason I made up an NPC faction to control Woodsmuir and chunks of Vantanas. Otherwise, I could assumedly just steamroll across the whole continent.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #190
quote:
Originally written by Dame Annals:

Other than Formello, no one has stated anything.
That's the answer to my first question. "Is any faction present in that area" was my second. from what I hear, I assume that the vahnatai are still there.

I can start doing what you say Slartucker, and I will (so you don't have to repeat it all the time), but if I start stating in my IC things that are not true (like the vahnatai are gone in a mysterious cloud of smoke), then there will again be some discussionover this topic, and I'd like to avoid that, thank you. (Unless you guys don't mind me making North eastern Avernum the place as I imagine it, and then it will be very different from what I have read about it now. for example, I'm going to trash the Vahnatai, as the one that made them up in the first place, has quit, for all I know)

In summary: You can keep repeating what you say, thereby not helping me any further, or you can finnaly answer my second question. I'd rather have the latter.

[ Sunday, April 02, 2006 22:28: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #191
That's fine, Tyran, and it'll give me some early contact, anyway. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't part of something I'd missed, because that would probably lead to stupid mistakes on my part.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #192
One of the most essential elements of an RP is a healthy disregard for canon when it gets in the way. It's there to add, not to bound.

I mean, hell. Last time around we added a continent and several habitable planets. Is making up a city gonna kill you?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #193
A separate note to Dikyoba: playing a band of wanderers might be a bad idea, unless you intend them to accrue followers in a hurry. Everyone else has got armies marching around, after all.

And if you intend for them to accrue followers, shoo before I'm forced to mess with you. :P
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #194
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

One of the most essential elements of an RP is a healthy disregard for canon when it gets in the way. It's there to add, not to bound.

I mean, hell. Last time around we added a continent and several habitable planets. Is making up a city gonna kill you?

For the last time: I'm not saying I'm not going to make anything up, I'm asking if somebody can answer MY LAST QUESTION PLEASE: Are there any tribes/factions/folks in Northeast Avernum that are NPC!?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #195
The Vahnatai.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #196
quote:
Originally written by thaet waes gode cyning:

The Vahnatai.
Thanks.

Now please continuewalking people, nothing to see here. Hush! go away!

Or something of that kind.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #197
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Knowledge of:
Disciples of Death

quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

He knew about some undead wandering around in the Abyss, or just west from the Abyss.
Please explain, if I find your explination plausible enough (or funny enough), I may allow that.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #198
In that post I asumed that what you said about the creation of your undead (You have been making them for a veeeery looooong time, is what I understood of it), and given the fact that Moternij (I should really change that name, actually) was a recent refugee of Avernum, he should know about it. if you didn't start the ealy with making the undead, then please explain where I got that idea then.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #199
I have been, but nobody except for merchants (and the odd traveling circus) crosses the Abyss Knights teritorry unmolested. And the only living sentient creatures that enter my land and leave sentient are crazy cult demon worshipers.

Only Sarachim (the crazy cult demon worshipers) and Alec (the Abyss Knights) know of an undead presence. Alec knows only because a turncoat told him that undead exist there. Up until recently, all that the cult knew was that there were a bunch of undead and someone who was creating them.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #200
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

A separate note to Dikyoba: playing a band of wanderers might be a bad idea, unless you intend them to accrue followers in a hurry. Everyone else has got armies marching around, after all.

And if you intend for them to accrue followers, shoo before I'm forced to mess with you. :P

So you never played E/A2?

Pages