OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #326
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Thralni, there are several clans of Nephilim in the Jsoulza mountains. Right now, there's a clan controlled by goblins, a clan in contact with Spring, a clan under control of Zephyr, and a clan under my control. There may be a few other clans too.
Oh, I always had the impression that there was just one. Thanks, as this makes it all easier for me.

[ Tuesday, April 11, 2006 04:19: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #327
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

@Tyran: I distinctly remember telling you on AIM that I wanted Ohvol heading to the Great Cave and the only reason he hit Torfen was because it was in the way. Why did you relocate to Almaria?
Where else do you expect me to go? I'm not going to just let Ohvol take the Great Cave for his evil designs. I am the king of Avernum, after all, and a king does not abandon his people. (a good one doesn't anyway :P ) Also, I had him do what the character would have actually done. It makes tactical sense for the army to fall back to Almaria. Just because you told me that Ohvol is heading to the Great Cave doesn't mean that anyone in my faction knows this. I deliberately kept Thomys's premonition vague to avoid the "all-powerful magic" that some people seem to be using.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #328
I understand that, but in Thomys' premonition there was a being that caused the evil. I'm going to assume the gates to Almaria are closed and barred when I make my next Ohvol IC (sometime before passover).
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #329
Good. They will be, and absolutely no one is being let through no matter what.

[ Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:44: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #330
Apologies for the double-post, but this is something completely separate from my prvious post. I have taken it upon myself to update the RP roster that Slarty started. It can be found here and also in my signature.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #331
I'm not going to be able to post any ICs for some time. I blame this one on illness.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #332
Sure, throw Ohvol into my lap. :mad:

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #333
You want to be the one puking at 3:30 in the morning?

If you don't like him, don't do anything with him. Continue as you would have normally.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #334
Nah. I think I'll have some fun with him.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #335
Zephyr:

Yes, Attan is in the Jsoulza mountains. And the pigeon is flying over Thralni's faction, right?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #336
Thralni, you do realize that your men will reach White Peak Island far after everything is over, right?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #337
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Thralni, you do realize that your men will reach White Peak Island far after everything is over, right?
Probably, yes. In that case I can try to help other Nephilim out. At the moment going to Avernum simply doesn't really appeal to me.

Is everybody fed up with this RP, or is everybody just away, ill, or in any other way not able to post?

EDIT: Just wanted to state the facts:

IMAGE(http://www.s2.com.br/clientes/microsoft/images/cxflight2000.jpg)

(For the ones who don't understand what Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 has got to do with all this, I passed 2000 posts, ans I adore almost everything about Microsoft Flight Simulator, so this seemed a logical image to take)

[ Saturday, April 15, 2006 06:11: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #338
Lazy, I reckon.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #339
My guess is that they're either lazy or fed up. I'm not posting because someone has yet to OPEN THE DOOR!

--------------------
The ending has not yet been written.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #340
I'm not lazy. I'm pondering what to post next. Infernal left me with a whopper.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #341
I'm still interested in the RP. However, I'm also in the midst of exams. I will post if I have to, but otherwise I'll wait a week and a half.

Besides, I view the RP like a story. Earlier on, the focus was on Krizsan, and thus much of the posting revolved around that battle. Now, the focus has shifted to Ohvol and White Peak. If I post a lot now, it will throw the time off.

--------------------
I'm not evil! I'm just... colourfully pragmatic!
- Arudin (DCI)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #342
Thralni-

Nephilim may be fast, but they're not that fast! There's a reason that Valorim was the last continent discovered - crossing the Ndovlu mountains is treacherous and takes weeks!

--------------------
====
====
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #343
Still waiting for a response from Lazarus and TM, if they're still around.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #344
I'll be breaking my IC silence later on today.

TM, I never finished Mad Ambition. Is the whole Scar/Red Star thing a spin-off of this?

--------------------
THE SKY IS FALLING... er... BURNING!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #345
Drakefyre: Well, that's exactly the problem, isn't it. Valorim is a made-up world, and there is now way for me to know these things (and for some reason, Avernum doesn't interests me to the extent that i would actively search for information). Aside from that, I went over the road, which is the least dangerous way to go. For the rest I have just no idea what the environment is like, so I can't possibly really know what will take long, and what not.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #346
TM: This only lasts for one day, right?

--------------------
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #347
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

TM, I never finished Mad Ambition. Is the whole Scar/Red Star thing a spin-off of this?
I somehow think it involves rakshasi... particularly judging from the description of whoever-the-heck-it-was who obtained Scarmiglione.

And I think that this lasts indefinitely, or rather, until TM says it stops.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #348
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

Valorim is a made-up world, and there is now way for me to know these things (and for some reason, Avernum doesn't interests me to the extent that i would actively search for information). Aside from that, I went over the road, which is the least dangerous way to go. For the rest I have just no idea what the environment is like, so I can't possibly really know what will take long, and what not.
First off, Thralni, the world is Ermarian. Valorim is only a continent in Ermarian. Also, The Encylcopedia Ermariana has most of the information you need about Ermarian, including
how hard it is to cross the Ndovlu mountains.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #349
Please, tyranicus, I DO know that the planet (not world, specifically speaking) is called Ermarian, and that valorim is a continent. However, I refferred to valorim, as the Ndovlu mountains ARE IN valorim, and not on other continents of Ermarian.

I do wonder how the goblins managed to get there so quick then, if that land bridge is also part of these mountains (something I just discovered). This first part seemed to ahve a road though, which speeded everything up for the army. however, i can't find a good map on which it says if that road continues beyond the gate. I would think so.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #350
Well, the Ndovlu mountains actually extend to both Valorim and Pralgad, with apparently more mass in Pralgad.

As for the goblins, 1) it took several posts over about a week before they got halfway down the isthmus, 2) it makes sense that goblins who live in the mountains would be more accustomed to mountain travel, and 3) I had originally intended for them to be just halfway down the isthmus, but then Aran relocated his fort after we had already established that I was nearby.

Yes, I still plan to post a wrapup post.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00

Pages