OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #226
Gah! Stop posting for a couple of days, and everything changes! I'm going to have to rethink my strategy now... I'll try get an IC later on today.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If it becomes necessary to escape, I will never stop to pose dramatically and toss off a one-liner.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #227
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Gah! Stop posting for a couple of days, and everything changes! I'm going to have to rethink my strategy now... I'll try get an IC later on today.
Don't do that too quickly... Goldenking might fix his posts first. In fact, I rather hope he does. Very, very soon.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #228
Goldenking, it might be helpful for you to make a "character sheet" for your faction and post it here. A "character sheet" in a regular RP is like a combination of inventory screen and stats screen from Avernum games. It describes what your character can do, what items he has, what spells he knows, etc.

In this case, the character sheet for your faction would include: how many and what kinds of troops it has, how many mages it has and what spells they can cast, what natural resources it has access to, how large its navy is, if any, etc.

This will be the complete list of what you have and, just like in any other game, you will not be able to add anything without a lot of (real life) time. (For example, if you, like Infernal, keep talking about your magical research in every post, after about a month of real life time you'll be able to say that your researchers learned a new spell.)

Making a list like this would help a lot in avoiding conflict with other players, because they'll get all objections out of the way before you even begin playing your "reformed" faction.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #229
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Goldenking, it might be helpful for you to make a "character sheet" for your faction and post it here.
Even better... post it here like everyone else has.

Thralni, your last post was incredibly confusing. Just so you know...

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #230
Actually, no. A character sheet should look very different. Although maybe we can make a new parallel topic posting people's character sheets with one link in each post connecting a person's summary with his character sheet and vice versa.

EDIT: typos

[ Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:08: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #231
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Thralni, your last post was incredibly confusing. Just so you know...
Really? What was so confusing about it? Its only Fralsrik continuing on his journey and nothing more than that, really.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #232
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

Actually, no. A character sheet should look very different. Although maybe we can make a new parallel topic posting people's character sheets with one link in each post connecting a person's summary with his character sheet and vice versa.
Look, I already told you. We've done summaries. They have character lists. They have links to each and every post we've made.

We don't need to do it all again. Just post in the RP Summaries thread.

And for the record, invisibility is frowned upon. "Stealth powder" is subject to this rule as well.

[ Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:26: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #233
Aww... it was in the Exiles!

It only lasts for a short time, anyway, and there are limited supplies. I'll edit it out if you really want though. Just say the word.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #234
quote:

quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

Look, I already told you. We've done summaries. They have character lists. They have links to each and every post we've made.

We don't need to do it all again. Just post in the RP Summaries thread.

And for the record, invisibility is frowned upon. "Stealth powder" is subject to this rule as well.

What I was suggesting was just for Hunterking to aviod the problem he'd been having with making massive armies materialize out of thin air, rather than an additional thread for everybody. A summary would be good too, but I am sugesting much higher level of detail for him. (Having a public list saying "Hunters have 20 battle mages (Fireball, Haste, etc.) and 1 wizard (Firestorm, Slow Group, etc.)" would be a good protection from him saying "our necromancers just created 500 undead.")

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #235
Stealth powder/scrolls/spells did exist in Exile, but it never worked that well. Heck, it did nothing at all against wandering monsters who were many (insert unit of measurement here)s away from you.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #236
TM, I just realized that there is another large guild running about. It would probably be global by 300 years. The Thieves Guild. All though much more secretive they would still be known of. It would be interesting to see someone play out these secretive people.

--------------------
The ending has not yet been written.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #237
Okay. To recap:

1. Wanting to end the Hunters is okay (although I'd still argue that it's not necessary). But you should slow it down.

2. You still don't know who the Looters even ARE, nevermind where you might go looking for them. (And you might suspect Guild involvement, but there are no real signs pointing to it either.)

I want you to think of a better ending for the Hunters if you want to kill them off. (Not that you have to, but it'd probably be for the best.)

Anyway.

From here on out, I'm going to pretend that the undead business failed at Ephesos' post and was left at that. Tygra's rallying the people is acceptible also, but my next posts (and, I hope, everyone else's) will follow from that point, no further.

As for the Thieves' Guild-
1. They'd have even less military power than the Guild.
2. The odds of their organizing is incredibly slim. Whereas adventuring does not necessarily require altruism, thieving almost by definition mandates self-centeredness.
3. The Empire barely condoned adventurers. If you think they wouldn't invest significant energy in keeping a Thieves' Guild as small as possible, you're wrong.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #238
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

We are dedicated to the general good.

(shudder)

That screams suspicious... let actions speak instead of words.

And again, this transition of power happened way too quickly. Please make it less abrupt, Goldenking.

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #239
The post I gave just now basically outlines instability in the Hunters- if you want, you can have someone more competent (ie, the two officers talking with Tygra) make moves to take over and instate a less-evil government.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #240
*bump*

Hey, Sir David? Your second-hand man named "Thisa" is remarkably close to one of Alec's leaders named "Thissa." You may want to change your name to make it a bit easier on all of us. Thanks.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #241
Both are remarkably close (and inferior) to "HISSSA" of Dungeon Master fame.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #242
Whenever you get the time, Slartucker, your roster needs updating.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #243
An IC is in the making. Will be ready in a couple hours at most.

Apologies for taking control of the "Nightly Visitors" scene, but this is taking too long.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #244
David, if you could send me a PM detailing what exactly you want from me and what you are revealing about your group (I don't know about you, remember ;) ), I'll be ready for my next IC

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #245
quote:

quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

We are dedicated to the general good.

(shudder)

That screams suspicious... let actions speak instead of words.

And again, this transition of power happened way too quickly. Please make it less abrupt, Goldenking.

The Army of the Bright Star didn't take over. The army really doesn't have any property. They wander around helping people. Oh and I'm assuming that post was based before Tygra's death, TM.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:54: Message edited by: Monikerking ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #246
TM's post was made assuming that your old post didn't exist, and that you would continue playing as the Hunters for at least a little while. The general concensus seems that you should end them properly. The Hunters have been the center of most of the conflict in Valorim, and destroying them in one post is kind of shoddy. TM has taken it upon himself to give you a good way to end them, and his post assumes that you will do so.

PS- Does the name Rubicante come from FF4? I was playin it lately and saw it.

[ Wednesday, April 05, 2006 13:55: Message edited by: National Champion UF Gators ]

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #247
Technically there are still the rebels. Drastically weaker, in hiding, no mages or priests, and forced to avoid direct warfare.

Oh and doesn't FF4 have a random name generator?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #248
quote:
Originally written by National Champion UF Gators:

TM's post was made assuming that your old post didn't exist, and that you would continue playing as the Hunters for at least a little while. The general concensus seems that you should end them properly. The Hunters have been the center of most of the conflict in Valorim, and destroying them in one post is kind of shoddy. TM has taken it upon himself to give you a good way to end them, and his post assumes that you will do so.
Seconded. Goldenking, you not only disbanded the Hunters in one post, but in three sentences. Thus, the rest of us have no choice but to give the Hunters a semi-proper sendoff.

I personally plan on collaborating TM in this informal IC-hijacking... otherwise one of my ICs is invalidated.

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #249
Danté.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #250
Since I am one continent removed from the scene, all I can add is ooc support, but I agree with what you are doing. Agree a lot, that is.

Also, the IC post planned for today is cancelled. I just managed to finish homework and have lectures tomorrow, so the earliest I can write is tomorrow night.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael

Pages