OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #301
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

That's pretty much up to anyone to decide, as long as it ties in with what is already known about Ohvol. (i.e. gives him a reason for destroying most of the Eastern Gallery).
Thank you, working on an IC now.

EDIT: I should probably have asked this beforehand, am I allowed to use Ohvol as the main character of a post instead of my own faction?

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 15:02: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #302
Zephyr, you're being ridiculous again. You've got homing pigeons, giant fungus-rock-meteors, way too many shamans, and suddenly you're on friendly terms with every member of your species?

Stop doing this please... the last thing we need is another Aerdiu character, much less a whole faction of them...

quote:
Originally written by TM:

"Dear citizens of Delan! The Hunters have fallen, and I come representing the peaceful Order of Krell, come to liberate you from-- AUGH! Oh, the agony--"

A second swipe from a guardsman's blade instantly fell the messenger and his corpse was tossed into the water.

I do hope that you don't mean me. That party hasn't hit Valorim yet. Even if it did, they'd be going through the Karnold area first, on the grounds that running right up to the (ex)Hunters' door is a colossally bad idea.

If it's really a sizeable distance from Vantanas to Valorim (as all the map debates have led me to believe), then I won't be there for another post or two.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #303
I already pointed that out to him. I think it was just a mix up between our two factions. IT WAS A MISTAKE, RIGHT TM?

--------------------
The ending has not yet been written.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #304
Unfortunately, I think I need to pull out of the RP. I just don't have time anymore, between work and the bf (ok, mainly the latter).

Unless Aran feels like running the goblins, I will be making one or two more posts to end their activity. (Don't worry, I've devised a balanced and reasonable way for this to occur IC, without actually destroying them, should someone else want to involve them later on.)

Yes, I will also be abandoning the roster. The effort it would take me to figure out WTF is up around Krizsan province is not worth it, if I'm making an exit. If somebody else wants to steal the HTML, update it and post it, you have my blessing.

EDIT:
IMAGE(http://www.wa3w.com/911/911-jacket-j.jpg)

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 16:33: Message edited by: Good-Looks the Playboy ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #305
That's the second person to stop IC posts! Why can't you spend ALL your time on Spiderweb like me?

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #306
Sadly, I spend a lot of time on Spiderweb and yet I still don't do too much in the RP. I purposely picked a faction and a place where I could get away with that, though.

Dikiyoba.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #307
Ephesos: The messenger that got slaughtered was indeed one of the ones that Goldenking's faction sent out.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #308
quote:
Originally written by Good-Looks the Playboy:

Unfortunately, I think I need to pull out of the RP. I just don't have time anymore, between work and the bf (ok, mainly the latter).

We'll miss you, Slarty. Feel free to come back when you have time. :)

... and I'll do an IC, just as soon as I have enough time...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #309
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

[QB You've got homing pigeons, giant fungus-rock-meteors, way too many shamans, and suddenly you're on friendly terms with every member of your species?[/QB]
There. Happy? Since when is a few shaman too many? And I NEVER said every Nephil who exsists would come to help. Please do not assume everything I do in an RP affects or includes everyone.

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 21:43: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest. ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #310
To be fair, multiple factions are using homing pigeons, and it's not very difficult to do so.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #311
Yes, but messages that turn into homing pidgeons? Going to members of the same race and only members of the same race? Going to members of the same race that he has no knowledge of?

And nobody answered my question. Am I allowed to write an IC revolving around Ohvol, completely disconnected from my faction?

[ Monday, April 10, 2006 03:59: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #312
Okay, yeah. I wasn't defending Zephyr, just confirming that homing pigeons are indeed legit.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #313
Yes, you can write something about Ohvol.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #314
Thank you, Drakey.

Have fun Tyran. :D
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #315
Very important notice about homing pigeons: you can't train the stupid birds! The way they work is this: you raise the critters at your main base. Then, you send a few pigeons along with your spies/army/whatever. Whenever a message needs to be sent to your main base, you tie a message to the bird's leg and let it go.

You CAN'T have birds fly to a new destination. You CAN'T use birds reliably if they were raised while moving (say, your base of power is a ship or an army). When in doubt, use a courier.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
I will spare someone who saved my life sometime in the past. This is only reasonable as it encourages others to do so. However, the offer is good one time only. If they want me to spare them again, they'd better save my life again.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #316
Thank you so [b]very[/b] much, Infernal. :mad:

Oh well. At least this gives me something to write about. Unfortunately, I have to leave for work in 15 minutes, so I won't be able to make an IC post until then. Please don't kill me while I'm gone.

[ Monday, April 10, 2006 10:15: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #317
Could some of you please stop changing your names so often. It makes things very confusing at times.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #318
Who?

Also, all the people in this RP have particularly memorable signatures. I would suggest remembering the factions by that.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #319
Now when you say some of you, could you be more specific? It's rather easy to identify me, I always end my moniker with king.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #320
Uh, Infernal, "Avernum RP • RP OoC Posts • RP IC Post Summaries • RP IC Synopsis" is hardly memorable. At first glance it looks remarkable similar to Dintiradan's sig and to mine, and maybe someone else's as well. (Thank you, Aran, for popularizing my bullet separators :P )

I figure my italicized title has got to make me at least somewhat identifiable, though.

Edit: I keep forgetting I don't get to care anymore, heh.

[ Monday, April 10, 2006 13:59: Message edited by: Good-Looks the Playboy ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #321
That's a good point. I deleted my other signature to make room for this one. I'm now going to update my signature.

EDIT: Is this better?

[ Monday, April 10, 2006 14:01: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #322
By Slarty:
quote:
Uh, Infernal, "Avernum RP • RP OoC Posts • RP IC Post Summaries • RP IC Synopsis" is hardly memorable. At first glance it looks remarkable similar to Dintiradan's sig and to mine, and maybe someone else's as well.
Ah, but note that my links are much more sexy. :P

EDIT: With all the language pendants out there, I had to make sure I had the correct form.

quote:
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
Reminds me of a Monty Python script:
quote:
I think that all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. I am certainly not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.
--------------------
</tag>Throwing the world into chaos...<tag>

[ Monday, April 10, 2006 14:04: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #323
Well, if in any signature you see the chicken gods mentioned, it got to be me (but I almost never change my username, so what the heck). Also, one can identify some of the members by there custom names (like "Man of the people", who is Aran).

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #324
Thralni, there are several clans of Nephilim in the Jsoulza mountains. Right now, there's a clan controlled by goblins, a clan in contact with Spring, a clan under control of Zephyr, and a clan under my control. There may be a few other clans too.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #325
@Tyran: I distinctly remember telling you on AIM that I wanted Ohvol heading to the Great Cave and the only reason he hit Torfen was because it was in the way. Why did you relocate to Almaria?

Pages