OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #75
Yes, yes, I know. The tome isn't really that necessary at this point, but GoldenKing wants to keep it. After this massacre, I'll easily be able to rally the troops.

--------------------
A major point of this post is to figure out why UBB doesn't like me.

OOC
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #76
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Sorry, Aran. I was unaware that a definite location for Redmark College existed in the canon, and made up my own. Change it/leave it at your own discretion. I've always thought of it being highly defendable in a mountain crag, though...
Indeed - now, it makes most sense for it to be within the crag. At its founding, the valley had only recently been cleared of troglodytes and ursagi - not the most attractive place. We can assume that a new campus was built in the crag later in the 9th century - perhaps around 40-50 years later - as the college grew.

On that note, I would like to remind that this is three hundred years after Avernum 3. People have moved. Towns have been destroyed, towns have been built, towns have grown and decayed. Sharimik might be a ghost town. Moon could have evolved to the next province capital of Midori.

For example, Ernest is long dead. His hut has either been long destroyed, looted or simply collapsed.

Picture our world in 1700. That's how similar Ermarian in 1135 is to 833 IE. I'm not saying they've invented computers in the meantime, but things have moved around a bit.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #77
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

Just so you know, Nikki, I don't actually have a throne-room in Torfen. As I said in a previous post, my current headquarters is an inn in the city. Other than that, you did fine. Lartaynior didn't say anything I wouldn't have had him say.
Neat. So what are you wanting from the alliance? PM me.

--------------------
You are sleeping, you do not want to believe...

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #78
I'd just like to say that "The perfectly harmless circus" is quite possibly my favorite scene from this RP thus far.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #79
@Spring: There is no way that anyone would refer to any other group as a "faction" in character, just as you would not address a letter in an character-based RP to "the character known as Melora". The factions are out of character definitions.

Your people have been living north of the Kaz cult for the past years if not decades. You know they're a religious order, and if you paid any attention to regional politics, you know the names of its leaders. If you have reasonably good informants, you even know its tenets and values, and would be able to phrase a much more convincing alliance offer...

----

On the other hand, I'd vote to award Sarachim for the "ic post of the month".

"The perfectly harmless circus", indeed. Pratchett couldn't have done better. :P

Edit: Share the prize with Alec...

[ Tuesday, March 28, 2006 23:03: Message edited by: crazy kitten ]

--------------------
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #80
quote:
However, since you have insisted that what you wrote is correct, I will go with it.
Thanks you.

Ephesos: Glad you're happy now. If there are things that multiple people disagree with, I change things in a way that it will be better (hopefully).

I also like the idea of a seperate summaries page. Less clutter.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #81
I'm not usually this anal retentive, Thralni, but I noticed you consistently spell "spy" wrong. A spy spies. To spy, or to be spying, is what spies do. Okay? :)

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #82
That's because I keep forgeting how to spell the singular forms of "to spy." So it is like this (?):

I spy
you spy
he spies

we spy
you spy
they spy

we are spying
etc

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #83
That's exactly how it is. :) Sorry for the nitpicking again...

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #84
No no no! don't apologise. In this case it was only usefull and I thank you for correcting me.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #85
Haha!

Finally fixed my description and posted a detailed summary.

Just have to write the next IC post. But I am tired.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #86
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

Sullust, if you are reading this, I do not recall my faction and yours having any dealings. If you're assuming a team of magi got killed and robbed off-camera (so to speak), that'd be fine.
I was going along the lines of the second event as well. The Abyss is a dangerous place at times.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #87
Wow. That was an eventful evening for the RP.
The circus was great. I agree, it deserves a prize.

About the summaries -- I love all the extra information, but the summaries are no longer summary. They are long and verbose. I think we should pare them down to, say, one line per character. Right now if I am looking for say the 15th person who posts in the thread, I have to scroll through three pages of TM and five pages of Aran giving lots of details. Details != summary.

[ Wednesday, March 29, 2006 05:01: Message edited by: Slartucker ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #88
quote:
Originally written by Slartucker:

About the summaries -- I love all the extra information, but the summaries are no longer summary. They are long and verbose. I think we should pare them down to, say, one line per character. Right now if I am looking for say the 15th person who posts in the thread, I have to scroll through three pages of TM and five pages of Aran giving lots of details. Details != summary.
Yes. I thought actually that the sumary would be just all the posts, but every post trimmed down to one line, as was done with the MoS RP.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #89
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

Yes. I thought actually that the sumary would be just all the posts, but every post trimmed down to one line, as was done with the MoS RP.
Not quite. So that people can easily read all the summaries quickly, we're just going to keep editing in one line into the previously existing post.

[ Wednesday, March 29, 2006 06:05: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #90
The point is that right now you can't read all the summaries quickly.

Aran -- whose PM mailbox is still stubbornly full -- can you delete Tyran's last post in the summary thread? We only want 1 post per player, so we can make sure it always fits on 1 page.

[ Wednesday, March 29, 2006 06:07: Message edited by: Slartucker ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #91
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

Not quite. So that people can easily read all the summaries quickly, we're just going to keep editing in one line into the previously existing post.

Oh. Then I didn't quite get the idea. In that case, then the summary is just what it shoul be, although, as Slartucker already said, many of the posts have much to detailed info on characters and such.

Slartucker: I replied to your PM. You probably would have noticed it anyway some time soon, but what do I care :D .

[ Wednesday, March 29, 2006 06:12: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #92
Yes, please delete it. I made it without thinking. :rolleyes:

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #93
How... oh wait! I'm a mod! *slaps forehead*

Commencing first use of modz0r powers... :P

Slar:

I'm deleting stuff all the time, but you people keep sending more!

Anyway, you know my email address... :)

Edit: It's in my profile... :P

[ Wednesday, March 29, 2006 06:25: Message edited by: crazy kitten ]

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #94
I'm not *quite* obsessed enough with you to have it memorized, Aran :P
So, since I'm not on my home computer, that's no good.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #95
Okay, so the College has moved into a more defensible spot (a good idea, since it is a political power now). Sorry about the finding of Ernest's hut; I wasn't aware the time difference was that big. Still going to keep the crystals, though. Out of all the other factions, it seems the Dominion has been using magic the least. Time to change that...

Milla, I see your IC changes. Works for me.

Wonko, the bookmark was placed in the red herring chest. I was hoping you'd take it, find you couldn't disarm the traps in the battlefield, then put it on your ship, only to discover that the book contained therein was The Tearing of the Bodice. Too bad, that would have been funny...

(Read the Xian Tome in A3).

Does anyone know why UBB didn't like me last night? I finally got the links in my sig to work, but had to put them all on a different line.

EDIT: Clarity.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If one of my dungeon guards begins expressing concern over the conditions in the beautiful princess' cell, I will immediately transfer him to a less people-oriented position.

[ Wednesday, March 29, 2006 09:18: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #96
I think it was because you didn't have spaces in between the links.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #97
There was a red herring chest? Boy, I should read posts more attentively.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #98
Slarty, by "strait" do you mean the landbridge? In my dictionary, a strait is a narrow path of water connecting two oceans, but what we have here is a narrow path of land connecting two continents.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #99
Whoops!
Well that's kind of a big mistake. It seems the term I was looking for was isthmus. I'll use that from now on, but this doesn't seem worth editing 50 posts for.

My bad - I was thinking of the Bering Strait, which had a land bridge long, long ago. Whoops.

--------------------

Pages