OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OoC Thread for "An RP in the World of Avernum... *Reloaded*"
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #150
Good, because my spies in Northern Valrom are halted, and they are actually far behind in the RP (its still night at their last post).

On a seperate note, aran, I'm spelling the spy and spies and so on alright now, I hope?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #151
IC done. I hope that I'm not messing with your plotline, Slar.

quote:
Later, ten black-cloaked men rode out of the cave. Their horses were swift and their blades were sharp. Each carried on his back one wand of death and one glowing saphhire. The saphhires detected mages and magical prescences within a mile. And the wands were to deal with those mages and magical prescences, mainly Agents.
They were Drale's best men. And they had a job to do.
It is the nazgul, behold!! :P

[ Saturday, April 01, 2006 04:06: Message edited by: The holy blisful martir for to seke ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
"That damn meddling eskimo." --WKS about Alorael
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #152
quote:
Originally written by The holy blisful martir for to seke:

IC done. I hope that I'm not messing with your plotline, Slar.

quote:
Later, ten black-cloaked men rode out of the cave. Their horses were swift and their blades were sharp. Each carried on his back one wand of death and one glowing saphhire. The saphhires detected mages and magical prescences within a mile. And the wands were to deal with those mages and magical prescences, mainly Agents.
They were Drale's best men. And they had a job to do.
It is the nazgul, behold!! :P

:P I just noticed that particular part after I read this. (I must stop skimming)

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #153
There are nine Nazgul...

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #154
Aran: I will get to it as soon as I can. Splitting up my forces, which was kind of necessary given the nature of goblins, has left me with 3-4 fronts that need updating at any given time, not counting Glogroth, and writing decent RP posts takes more effort than random posts do.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #155
TM ...

Cannons? Grenades? Gunmen? Exploding oil?

Can you please tone this down? If you'll notice, everyone else is working on a much lower tech level, and they will not increase it to match you. Which means you should lower yours.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #156
People, seriously, the amount of posts in the OOC thread is catching up with the amount of posts in the actual RP thread. At first the RP was moving far to fast, and now its on idle. Maybe we should try all to post just a little bit more. And yes, I do understand it if people have more to do than only sit here and watch what's happening, while constaly clicking of the "reload" button of the browser.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #157
The only reason the RP seems like it's moving slower is that all of the OOC posts are now here instead. If you look at the first five or six pages of the RP thread, about every other post is OOC.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #158
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

while constaly clicking of the "reload" button of the browser.
On a mostly unrelated note, I have other things to do than reloading the forum page every five minutes, and I can still see posts within minutes after they're written. :P

--------------------
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair. | I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #159
You can't resist a chance to brag about your RSS feed, can you Aran?

Oh and Thralni? Weren't you the one who said the RP was moving too fast not that long ago? Make up your mind. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #160
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

You can't resist a chance to brag about your RSS feed, can you Aran?

Oh and Thralni? Weren't you the one who said the RP was moving too fast not that long ago? Make up your mind. :P

No I can't. :P

Oh, and I guess the RP appeared to move faster then.

This is perfectly natural, by the way - the fastest an RP will move is on the first four pages.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #161
I'm alive still.

Barely.

The past couple of days have seen my internet usuage cut completely... and so all I could do was spend maybe three or four minutes browsing. I'm writing an IC right now - and will post just as soon as I've caught up with whats happened.

But I WILL NOT be dropping out. Just for future reference.

--------------------
You are sleeping, you do not want to believe...

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #162
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

The only reason the RP seems like it's moving slower is that all of the OOC posts are now here instead. If you look at the first five or six pages of the RP thread, about every other post is OOC.
Yes, that's true of course, but also without the OOC's it would still be about 20 - 30 posts.

Tyran: Yes, that's also true, but then it was moving way too fast. Now I'm feeling lucky when I see ten new posts. If we could keep up the amount of posts per day between 10 and 15 posts, I think that would be ideal.

If we could keep that up, it would be perfect, though I don't expect it. Everybody here has other things to do, but it would be nice if this could happen. By the way, I don't mean that everybody should immediatly post twice, but that other people, who we don't see posting that often, could try to post more often.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #163
Is this actually a problem for you, Thralni? It seems like all the factions you have any interaction with, or are located anywhere near, are posting about once a day...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #165
quote:
Originally written by Dame Annals:

Is this actually a problem for you, Thralni? It seems like all the factions you have any interaction with, or are located anywhere near, are posting about once a day...
No, its not a problem for me, but have you thought of the possibility that eight factions might be a day ahaead in time, while other factions are far behind? that is, unless you don't do anything with time, so that you can't be ahead of behind in time.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #166
Fortunately, we are on such a large scale and time frame that we can accelerate and slow down the pace at will. Days, even hours, only matter while two scenes are synchronous or in the same place - as in your spy's and the goblins' arrival at the citadel. For all purposes, Tyranicus' dealing with Supanik might be weeks prior or after the battles between the Abyss Knights and the Undead.

Incidentally, that is one of the reasons why pigeons and messengers are much better than magical communications. When information travels at the speed of a horse or a bird, you need to worry less about time than when you can send messages at the speed of light.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #167
Dikiyoba's in. Dikiyoba will post in the summary and try to contact other factions through PM later.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #168
Great! I hope you will consider settling on either Vantanas or aizo. In any case, I'm looking forward to see your creative mind at work in this RP.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #169
Anyone have a problem with Ohvol and the destruction of the Eastern Gallery. His travel south could also explain the destruction of Mertis and the Tower.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #170
Hmmm... I started typing my IC post before you posted, Sullust. Perhaps Ohvol created these undead? The 2 storylines should be worked together somehow.

[ Saturday, April 01, 2006 20:28: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #171
Perhaps Ohvol can be used as an NPC faction just like the vahnatai :P
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #172
quote:
Cannons? Grenades? Gunmen? Exploding oil?

Can you please tone this down? If you'll notice, everyone else is working on a much lower tech level, and they will not increase it to match you. Which means you should lower yours.
1. Cannons exist. On the one hand, you're way too late-- by, say, a good 3 pages. On the other hand, I don't have any real wizards, I don't have a land army, I cannot hold terrain... Plus, the Hunters were a coastal faction without a navy. They'd end up taking the same losses no matter what they tried to do- it'd have just been slower.
2. Grenades are really, really, really old. (The term was first used in 1688, but the actual devices existed well before then.) Plus, they're not even mine. The Hunters are the ones using them. Read the post.
3. "Gunmen" is another way of naming people who man "guns"- ie, cannons.
4. The exploding oil wasn't even mine-- it was Goldenkings, and he ordered all of the oil in Krizsan dumped into the ocean. All I did was shoot a flaming arrow at it while it was still in the barrel.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #173
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

Anyone have a problem with Ohvol and the destruction of the Eastern Gallery. His travel south could also explain the destruction of Mertis and the Tower.
Well, I'm indeed not pleased with that. I want also have something to destroy in Avernum, and everything that I'm planning on destroying is already destroyed (Formello by the vahnatai (why are they still here anyway. The one that was responsible for hem quit the RP, no? Maybe, if it doesn't affect any post, we can reverse that part?)) or is gojng to be destroyed.

(EDIT: removed a part)

I have spoken.

[ Sunday, April 02, 2006 06:01: Message edited by: Mc 'mini' Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #174
quote:

"...Yesiree, all but false, i tell you. Riverrod province DOES have a temple dedicated to the chicken gods..."

"Are you sure? I never heard of that temple. What, is it in Filberton? With the mage school? Oh yes of course! It is that scenario... what was it called again?"

"Where the Rivers Meet you meost an?"

"Exactly!"

Couldn't pass up the chance to advertise your scenario could you?

Also, most people would say something along the lines of Karnold Isles League, not KIL.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #175
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

quote:

"...Yesiree, all but false, i tell you. Riverrod province DOES have a temple dedicated to the chicken gods..."

"Are you sure? I never heard of that temple. What, is it in Filberton? With the mage school? Oh yes of course! It is that scenario... what was it called again?"

"Where the Rivers Meet you meost an?"

"Exactly!"

Couldn't pass up the chance to advertise your scenario could you?

Also, most people would say something along the lines of Karnold Isles League, not KIL.

No, couldn't resist :P

You think so about KIL? I'll just wait till Milla appears, I guess.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages