Avernum 4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Avernum 4?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #125
[post]
[head]
[title][!--which UBB doesn't support, but I don't care--]Yet another post by ben.[/title]
[/head]
[body]
[spam]
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

The Ogre Chef is actually a chef. There is also a Goblin Chef. Unfortunately, I can't tell you more for fear of spoiling the plot.
This makes total sense to me. I mean, as ogre and goblin technology progresses, they figure out that cooked food is both healthier, more tasty, and less disease-prone while promoting a cleaner dining atmosphere. They see that messily killing and eating is not the way to go, and the best at cooking where called chefs.

Maybe they have a special ability of throwing boiling water at you. ~35 damage per party member. :P
[/spam]
[/body]
[/post]

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #126
Heehee, I keep reading your new name as "Bunny Boy".

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #127
1. I am not prominent, just opinionated.

2. I like it that Ash gets to judge who is/n't prominent. It makes it much simpler when only one person makes that decision.

*this message scoffs at concensus building*
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #128
I was more expressing suprise that someone became "prominent", whatever that means, without my noticing.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #129
You're looking at it wrong. Actually, it's the human chefs who have discovered the nutritional values of goblins and ogres. Some choose to specialize.

—Alorael, who wonders if this is more of a revelation than an innovation. Perhaps the truth of "weird meat" has come to light at last.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #130
EDIT: Never mind.

[ Saturday, August 27, 2005 20:05: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #131
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

That's not true. the gameplay was the reason I hate geneforge, not so much the plot. Avernum I liked because of the gameplay, less becasue of the plot.
That's exactly how I feel.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #132
quote:
Originally written by Eckxs:

—Alorael, who wonders if this is more of a revelation than an innovation. Perhaps the truth of "weird meat" has come to light at last.
The world isn't ready for that yet. I tell you, my plot is the real reason for the Ogre/Goblin Chef.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #133
I'm amazed at all the people who don't like GF's gameplay. Okay, after three games it's gotten tired, but it still beats Avernum or Exile by a big margin.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #134
What? Exile III/BoE had the best gameplay of all Jeff's games!

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #135
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

What? Exile III/BoE had the best gameplay of all Jeff's games!
I have to agree with that.

Heck, I really miss the simple drop down spell menu of Exile III.

--------------------
The face leaping spiders of today are the brain sucking Vlish of tomorrow.
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #136
quote:
Exile III/BoE had the best gameplay of all Jeff's games! -- Drakefyre

To true my friend. I miss that sort of stuff....

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #137
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

I'm amazed at all the people who don't like GF's gameplay. Okay, after three games it's gotten tired, but it still beats Avernum or Exile by a big margin.
I'm not sure how you can fail to realize that your likes and dislikes constitute a personal opinion, not a universal truth for all. However, you seem to do this consistently, so figure it out. (If you do realize this, change your wording to reflect that.)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #138
I am in the midst of an intercontinental family move -- as one of the parents -- so I haven't been here much lately, and won't be again for a few weeks at least. For the moment I am unemployed, of no fixed address, and all my stuff fits into two suitcases. As a temporary state, this is quite nice.

I am delighted to see that the A4 screenshots look like GF (though I do hope the Guardian and Shaper figures are just placeholders), because that seems to be my personal threshold of interest. I have tried A1, A2 and BOA VoDT, and with some time and effort I was able to get past the discontinuous movement and get into the story; but it took more time and effort than I want to expend in an amusement. Whereas the GF graphics are enough that I don't have any trouble. I don't pretend this is any universal aesthetic canon, but I'm happy with it.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #139
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

Heehee, I keep reading your new name as "Bunny Boy".
Hmmm, maybe I should use that next. Anyone agree?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #140
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I'm not sure how you can fail to realize that your likes and dislikes constitute a personal opinion, not a universal truth for all. However, you seem to do this consistently, so figure it out. (If you do realize this, change your wording to reflect that.)
Kel, this is idiotic. It's implicit that when you say something it's your own opinion. If you keep saying "in my opinion" all over the place it's just noise.

--------------------
Everything I know about the Avernum Trilogy: [ A1 | A2 | A3 ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #141
quote:
Originally written by *i:

quote:
Originally written by Diarog Lethuta:

And Jeff is right to mock us. We only brought it upon ourselves.
Pathetic customers! What do they know? How dare they question the greatness of the most brilliant game designer of all time!!

:D :D :D

And because of this, I'll again give you this .

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #142
As Admiral Rickover said: "The customer may not always be right, but the customer is still the customer."

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #143
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

Kel, this is idiotic. It's implicit that when you say something it's your own opinion. If you keep saying "in my opinion" all over the place it's just noise.
Take it in context. He's also said that Areni was better than NK0P in every possible way, despite the fact that it was rated higher by some judges in the 7th Contest.

"I like [x] more than [y]" is extremely different from "[x] is better than [y]."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #144
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

Take it in context. He's also said that Areni was better than NK0P in every possible way, despite the fact that it was rated higher by some judges in the 7th Contest.

"I like [x] more than [y]" is extremely different from "[x] is better than [y]."

I have to agree with you both. Kelandon,i agree that he should at least say things like: "I think
this and that is better than this and that" instaed of "this and that is better than this that." I do think, that you shouldn't be so harsch on him.(that is, if he already did this many times, then you can be harsch on him). I think its pretty clear all these posts just contain opinions (although i know how irritating it is if somebody forces his opiniuons on you).

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #145
My posts are gospel.

*this message sponsored by truth.com*
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #146
As long as the combat system is decent, and the plot is interesting, I could care less what kind of interface or graphics it has.

That being said, in my humble opinion, we need an Avernum Online, not another sequel.

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #147
quote:
That being said, in my humble opinion, we need an Avernum Online, not another sequel.
Yes, you, everybody else, and their grandmother has said this. It's not going to happen.

--------------------
Ignorwhat?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #148
I read a lot of the posts, and there are a lot of similar opinions.

Personally, I think I would've preferred Jeff to have made EXILE 4, than genAvernumforge 4. I just never liked the geneforge engine.

On a sidenote/personal note, while the plot might prove interesting, it's "location" is disappointing. I was very eager to see the Avernum series "continue" from A1-2-3, to a prodominantly surface-world plot. While it may still be involved, the description really points further "down" even past the vahnati caves.

I will play it nonetheless, but with less enjoyment than i may've. (and i think that'll be the bottom line for a lot of people, at this stage)

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #149
quote:
Originally written by kuc:

I was very eager to see the Avernum series "continue" from A1-2-3, to a prodominantly surface-world plot.
Hmm...I found the surface rather boring. I loved Avernum 2 and the way that was set out. I wouldn't mind having it underground again.

Pages