Avernum 4?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Avernum 4?
Babelicious
Member # 39
Profile Homepage #275
Avernum 4 is going to be a movie of Jeff Vogel making lewd propositions to his copy of Atlas Shrugged on a loop for 4 hours.

And you idiots are going to love it. I hate each and every one of you losers more than the last. You deserve the talentless, uncreative crap you've invited upon yourselves.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #276
No Andrea, No.

IMAGE(http://www.couch-tomatoe.cc/ubbthreads/images/avatars/Alo95.jpg)

[ Saturday, September 24, 2005 21:20: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #277
Thats a new one, VCH. Where did you get it?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Babelicious
Member # 39
Profile Homepage #278
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Plz check out my new piss freak web site:

IMAGE(http://www.couch-tomatoe.cc/ubbthreads/images/avatars/Alo95.jpg)

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #279
quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

Avernum 4 is going to be a movie of Jeff Vogel making lewd propositions to his copy of Atlas Shrugged on a loop for 4 hours.

And you idiots are going to love it. I hate each and every one of you losers more than the last. You deserve the talentless, uncreative crap you've invited upon yourselves.

I already started a tirade against you on an other topic, so I wouldn't do it a second time, but please, if you hate us, then just leave the forum, would you?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #280
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

quote:

I already started a tirade against you on an other topic, so I wouldn't do it a second time, but please, if you hate us, then just leave the forum, would you?

We've gpot to have someone evil while TM's away, if only to keep us on out toes. ;)

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Babelicious
Member # 39
Profile Homepage #281
quote:

quote:

Someone needs to balance out all of the RPG dweebs calling themselves "emperors" and such in their dopey handles.

The call was sent out, and I answered that call.

ALSO: You started a tirade against me? Who the hell are you?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #282
quote:

Someone needs to balance out all of the RPG dweebs calling themselves "emperors" and such in their dopey handles.

The call was sent out, and I answered that call.

ALSO: You started a tirade against me? Who the hell are you?

A few things:

What have you got against emperors?

What call are you talking about?

Its none of your business who I am, I just exploded when I saw you starting about the Nazi's on
that other topic .

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #283
so anyway, Mac beta testing has started. (check the news section of spidweb.com)

--------------------
Ignorwhat?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #284
quote:
Originally written by Ornk of Death:

so anyway, Mac beta testing has started. (check the news section of spidweb.com)
Does anybody know when they send out the emails saying who can test and who can't?

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #285
Okay, Djur, that's quite enough. Make nice.

Everyone else, continue with the topic as before. Don't feed the troll.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #286
quote:

quote:

Does anybody know when they send out the emails saying who can test and who can't?

Probably a week after the beta-testing form closes.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #287
I just noticed the two new screenshots of Avernum 4. I think the graphics look fine, and it appears we are a little more zoomed in on our PC's.

I will be very happy as long as it is still possible to use the keyboard to move around. Clicking mouse buttons to move space by space is more likely to induce carpal tunnel than pressing four or five different keys. In fact, I always prefer to use keys rather than the mouse for game shortcuts. I think good software in general permits both. Lousier software makes you do a lot more work with a mouse to get things done. It's great if there will be both.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Warrior
Member # 2902
Profile #288
Well, if the Player Character graphics stay as they are on the screenshots I won't like A4, really disappointing. I would consider them more a step backwards. Just picking Geneforge graphics simply doesn't fit to Avernum. Hope that this still gets changed, though I doubt it. I rather would have prefered the graphic sets of older times, never really liked the Geneforge ones (main reason why I haven't bought G3, I had enough with G2 already), but now mixing them into Avernum? :(
My wife who liked to play A series feels the same about G graphics and reading through some of the posts here and in other forums I think I'm not alone with my growing disappointment after seeing the screenshots...

my 2 cents, but who cares anyway
Abraxx

--------------------
* Knowledge is Might *
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #289
quote:
Originally Written by Drakefyre, in the Avernum Series:Erika stays dead, but other powerful wizards may come back
Linda anyone? Okay, that means more demons of some nature... When will the Vog-meister learn?

Hopefully though, he means Garhzhad or someone. The original thread is here

Edit: Nasty quote.

[ Monday, September 26, 2005 07:27: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #290
In case anyone missed the Spiderweb newsletter:
quote:
Q: Does the game use a new engine?
A: Avernum 4 uses a HIGHLY modified version of the Geneforge engine. It
runs at a higher screen resolution, has nicer graphics, and is very
definitely an Avernum game.
Q: Does the game play like Geneforge?
A: Nope. It's an Avernum game. It is fully turn-based, and has the
Avernum game system. People who like Avernum more than Geneforge will
not be unhappy, I promise.

Apprentice
Member # 4596
Profile #291
quote:

quote:

Can anyone registered on boards get to test it, or we must to register somewhere for chance to test A4?

[ Monday, September 26, 2005 11:27: Message edited by: sarua ]

--------------------
rpg... rpg... rpg 4ever
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #292
quote:
Originally written by sarua:

Can anyone registered on boards get to test it, or we must to register somewhere for chance to test A4?
You would need fill out an application. You don't need to register anywhere else.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #293
I have a question for those that know. Will we be able to turn the combat-grid off like in A1-3? I hate that thing!

--------------------
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
Apprentice
Member # 6346
Profile #294
I have registered for the sole purpose of agreeing with a previous poster that the slimes in Exile III were beautiful. Every time I had to brutally hack one to death, a tear formed in my eye :'(
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #295
Ok just read this thread. This guy amuses me.

[ Monday, September 26, 2005 21:01: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #296
quote:
Originally written by Abraxx:

Well, if the Player Character graphics stay as they are on the screenshots I won't like A4, really disappointing. I would consider them more a step backwards. Just picking Geneforge graphics simply doesn't fit to Avernum. Hope that this still gets changed, though I doubt it. I rather would have prefered the graphic sets of older times, never really liked the Geneforge ones (main reason why I haven't bought G3, I had enough with G2 already), but now mixing them into Avernum? :(
My wife who liked to play A series feels the same about G graphics and reading through some of the posts here and in other forums I think I'm not alone with my growing disappointment after seeing the screenshots...

my 2 cents, but who cares anyway
Abraxx

You will be able to choose more PC graphics. They just don't exist yet.

Also, the graphics are much better than the Avernum graphics (although the slimes look pretty lame).

And as for demon wizards, there are none of those like you suggest. So far it seems to be "I forget that I killed him off in an earlier game".

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #297
Yeah, really. The returning powerful wizard is more likely to be a character that you haven't already killed.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #298
Imby, you've been playing Nightfall again, haven't you. :P

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #299
Drakefyre, can the combat grid be removed? As I really don't like the grid.

--------------------
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style

Pages