G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #100
Who doesn't prefer turn-based combat? Though at some point..real-time combat is fun..but meh..

Well..I wish for more Easter Eggs..like an Evil Syndicate of Talking Ornks..

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #101
quote:
I Would like to see some romance involved. I'm a dude, and alot of romance annoys me, but having some decent romance never hurt anyone. ANd it can add more dynamic to the game. Maybe a possible ending is if you went along with it, you get a child. Then that sets up the next game. The next game could be...an expansion after that. So, whatever ending you get, only a year passers by. It would be a a couple hours of gameplay, but ne would have had to create many different scenarios based on all the endings. Which could be too difficult for him. I dont care either way. I am a huge fan. And i am always pleased easily

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!
Wait, your serious?
That wouldn't work.

Also, turn based combat lets you use more strategy.

--------------------
Don't judge a sentence until you know all the words.

Not in your shed -We are sort of done. Helpful criticism is welcome.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.

Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels -Goldenking

My scenario: Muffins n' Hell
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #102
I can actually think of two console RPGs that took this idea even further. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom has a number of different possible player character sets and endings depending on which marriages take place in the game. Dragon Quest V similarly gives you a choice of whom to marry, and allows you to play as your own children, although in that case the choice of wife only seems to affect your kids' hair color.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #103
Well...it would not work in Geneforge.
Besides, your creations might try to eat your wife anyway. Or get killed by shapers/rebels/rogues.

--------------------

Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #104
The point id that you haven't much time for love in these places.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #105
quote:
Originally written by Yama:

I can actually think of two console RPGs that took this idea even further. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom has a number of different possible player character sets and endings depending on which marriages take place in the game.
For what it's worth, Phantasy Star III is almost universally considered the worst game in its series. (Admittedly, not just because of the romance element.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #106
-Torment isn't hard enough. I want a higher difficulty.

-I'd like to see some kind of friendly stables or home base where you could leave creations.

-I'd like to see some incentive to level up my pets. Maybe something like Perks in Fallout, where you gain special bonuses every couple of levels.

-I'd like to see other skills used in dialogue; a big meaty warrior might intimidate an enemy with his size or you might be able to discuss highly complicated mechanics with shaper technicians.

-The previous idea runs the risk of making Leadership and Mechanics worthless; so to make them useful, how about if you could only craft certain items with high Mechanics and your creations got bonuses from your high Leadership?

-It may be premature, but I'm hoping for A5's Battle Disciplines. Seems pretty likely considering how many features exist between each series.

-Again, pretty likely, but I sure hope we get elevations. If we do, maybe we could have some flying creations who could move around and cross pits.
Apprentice
Member # 9798
Profile #107
Personally I think interesting things could be done with weather effects. Say it starts raining while you're exploring an area. That opens up some possibilities as far as damage is concerned. Usin fre or acid aacks would result in reduced damage. Of course ice and lightning could do greater damage. It could even give "fun" areas. Areas where it always rains and the enemies are all highly resistant to lightning and ice. heyu'll wish o put more skill points in your melee abilities. Thus making characters sutied to slicing and dicing more useful.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #108
That is actually a good idea!

--------------------

Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #109
I like that idea. Although it would probably have to be a few select regions with a constant effect then a random on and off. Still, that's one of the more reasonable ideas in this thread.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Warrior
Member # 8344
Profile #110
what i think:pick a player (start path based on choice)
there should be alot of choices.
strong normal weak (skill order)
Shaper class (shaper path at start)

Shaper: Shaping Magic Combat
Guardian: Combat Shaping Magic
Agent: Magic Combat Shaping

Rebel class (rebel path at start)

Lifecrafter: Shaping Magic Combat
Warrior: Combat Shaping Magic
Infiltrator: Magic Combat Shaping
Servile: Combat Magic Shaping
Shock trooper: Shaping Combat Magic
Wizard: Magic Shaping Combat

I added wizard: STRONG MAGIC WEAK COMBAT
You can choose starting path but can change it later during play.
when u choose to join u pick yes or no for that path.

Example 1
your a life crafter (rebel)
and u want to be on the shapers side.
you choose shaper path.

Example 2
your a guardian (shaper)
and u want to be on the rebels side.
you choose rebel path.

just like those.
the starting location is based on who u pick.

p.s.
i made a geneforge scenario demo for AOM
the gold edition!
i kinda working on that
trying to make so pharoh acts like shaper.
myth units are the creations.
use favor as essence
but i cant get guardian to make myth units.
plus alot of players dont no that geneforge and avernum games really exist.
they never heard of it.
and those playing diablo games think geneforge avernum is dumb.
cause they like fast act.
like they attack u at same time u attack them.
the monsters.
and your not alowwed to cheat online (illegal)
plus u cant make fyoras and stuff.
exept skeles and wolves and bears
and golems and revived foes.

lol that was alot to type huh?
sry for that its just there was some stuff i wanted off my chest.
i told some ppl to check this game out.
on runescape aom online and diablo b.net
they have no clue wat geneforge is...
there like.
wats geneforge?
i never heard of it before.

i did it again i sry lol.
but this is the p.s. part of it
and its longer.
:(

[ Saturday, September 01, 2007 11:20: Message edited by: TJC Shaper ]
Apprentice
Member # 10192
Profile #111
I want mechanics and leadership to matter. Supposedly you can go through G4 without ever fighting. It says so ingame, even.

No, you cant. And its starting to annoy me after 4 generations of the same game. Lets get it right the next time.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #112
The idea is that you can get through the game without attacking anything. You'll still get into fights, but you have to be smart enough to figure out how to defeat your foe without attacking it directly or with your creations.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #113
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

The idea is that you can get through the game without attacking anything. You'll still get into fights, but you have to be smart enough to figure out how to defeat your foe without attacking it directly or with your creations.
It's still more of a personal challenge than a practical way to play, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #114
It's more of get through the game without killing much other than creations. It's possible to do most of the important quests where you get something else to do the dirty work. Greenfang, the caravan, your own creations, etc. are examples.

I did run a pacifist servile that carried no weapons and never did a damaging attack for well into Illya province. I never finished the game, so I don't know how far I could have gone. His little fyora did it for him for most of the game.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #115
quote:
what i think:pick a player (start path based on choice)
there should be alot of choices.
strong normal weak (skill order)
Shaper class (shaper path at start)

Shaper: Shaping Magic Combat
Guardian: Combat Shaping Magic
Agent: Magic Combat Shaping

Rebel class (rebel path at start)

Lifecrafter: Shaping Magic Combat
Warrior: Combat Shaping Magic
Infiltrator: Magic Combat Shaping
Servile: Combat Magic Shaping
Shock trooper: Shaping Combat Magic
Wizard: Magic Shaping Combat

I added wizard: STRONG MAGIC WEAK COMBAT
You can choose starting path but can change it later during play.
when u choose to join u pick yes or no for that path.

Example 1
your a life crafter (rebel)
and u want to be on the shapers side.
you choose shaper path.

Example 2
your a guardian (shaper)
and u want to be on the rebels side.
you choose rebel path.

just like those.
the starting location is based on who u pick.

p.s.
i made a geneforge scenario demo for AOM
the gold edition!
i kinda working on that
trying to make so pharoh acts like shaper.
myth units are the creations.
use favor as essence
but i cant get guardian to make myth units.
plus alot of players dont no that geneforge and avernum games really exist.
they never heard of it.
and those playing diablo games think geneforge avernum is dumb.
cause they like fast act.
like they attack u at same time u attack them.
the monsters.
and your not alowwed to cheat online (illegal)
plus u cant make fyoras and stuff.
exept skeles and wolves and bears
and golems and revived foes.

lol that was alot to type huh?
sry for that its just there was some stuff i wanted off my chest.
i told some ppl to check this game out.
on runescape aom online and diablo b.net
they have no clue wat geneforge is...
there like.
wats geneforge?
i never heard of it before.

i did it again i sry lol.
but this is the p.s. part of it
and its longer.
:(
Well, you are talking about Runescpape. I think you have used it too much. Look what they did to your grammar :eek: .

Serious though. I find it much easier to read when everything is typed correctly. And lol is scary. Have you ever heard of Type to Learn. If you use it correctly then it really helps.

Anyway, Wizard sounds way overpowered.
And what exactly is your "idea".

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #116
I would like to see more shaper tailored attacks/blessings/etc like the disruption attack (but obviously not the same). After all the two sides are heavily focused on fighting each others creations. Spells which purely focused on shaped creations (possibly including the PC, if they are a servile). Seems wasteful on some levels, but in my mind that's what they're focused on.

--------------------
Morbo is pleased but sticky...
Apprentice
Member # 7064
Profile #117
Make high levels of leaderships and mechanics matter. Not something that only matters for the first chapter and then are forgotten about.

Fewer, more important, more challenging combats. No areas with 100 random enemies.

More story, less grinding.

I quit playing Nethergate after the first few things I did was searching a million chests for items to scum.

[ Wednesday, September 19, 2007 09:40: Message edited by: KnowledgeBrew ]
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #118
quote:
Originally written by CrouchingOwl:

One thing I think might do well in Geneforge 5 is some sort of limited in battle mode shaping.
As a devoted shaper/lifecrafter, the inability to Shape in combat mode has always bugged me. I think it should be just like normal Shaping as far as what you can do, and use say 5 AP. Sound reasonable?

On another topic, I need more Trakovite options! At least G4 added something to that effect. I hope G5 does at least as much, preferably a lot more.

Khyryk is my hero!!!

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #119
I'd like to be able to use my incredible Shaping skills to do a little repair work here and there. Dead doors, dry essence pools... Surely a Shaper/Lifecrafter/Abrupt Plot Twist Character with enough skill could, for the price of generous amount of mana and essence (not permanently), work the creation furniture back into shape, no?
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #120
That would be too much of a change. It is a good idea, but it is unlikly.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #121
Hey People...
I AM NOT READING THOUGH ALL OF THAT!
So if anything is suggested already, soz, lol, and tell me.

I think that The Melee Is a little lacking.
Its Satisfying to watch a worm get punched and splatter and all, but lets say you are surrounded by a bunch of them.
You want to get rid of them swiftly, so you use some thing like war dance? Lasts for three turns, but infuses you with some magical effect that makes you less fatigued, your body feels weightless, and your blade is easier to swing. In game terms: all targets in Melee range take one melee attack that turn, including ones you walk past

I also think that you should be able to use your owen life force with some spells to save on Essence and Increase Damage, and some times add an effect of splash damage. its called Unstable energy.
You must consume so many canisters to use it.

I also had an idea for a spell, Rather much like Divine host in Avernum. You use al your essence to create an army of Rouges, that will destroy everything that is attacking you. How ever, after that, they wander around aimlessly until they become hostile.

I also think that A Shaper dose eventually want a home.
Why not the ability to make bases? You know, Essence pools, Thorn bushes, your alchemy supplies? Things that you want safe? or Maybe you got so much Wiry moss, and you want to make a batch of Healing slaves? maybe you can throw in some home security Shaper style? Or you have a powerful creation but you want to make a different one for the Puzzle up ahead, You can put him into storage.

Hell! Why not a Breeding center?
You could create Strange Hybrids!

I also Think that GF5 should have what all of the Avernum games had: Special Traits. They could be things like Frailty, or natural leadership, to personality disorders (Gives you Penalties and Different choices)

I also Think There should be a little more to do with relationships with family and friends in GF5, even your owen creations. Creations have Bad memories when you punish them or send them though a suicidal mission. Humans, feel Love, hate and all that. They Why not some romance? the whole world of GF Celibate?

I also think... Wait... I think thats a little too much... hehe...
Feed back?

[ Monday, October 01, 2007 15:14: Message edited by: Colicedus ]

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #122
quote:
I think that The Melee Is a little lacking.
Its Satisfying to watch a worm get punched and splatter and all, but lets say you are surrounded by a bunch of them.
You want to get rid of them swiftly, so you use some thing like war dance? Lasts for three turns, but infuses you with some magical effect that makes you less fatigued, your body feels weightless, and your blade is easier to swing. In game terms: all targets in Melee range take one melee attack that turn, including ones you walk past
That is actually a good idea. Reminds me of what I have heard of "battle disciplines" in A5.

quote:
I also think that A Shaper dose eventually want a home.
Why not the ability to make bases? You know, Essence pools, Thorn bushes, your alchemy supplies? Things that you want safe? or Maybe you got so much Wiry moss, and you want to make a batch of Healing slaves? maybe you can throw in some home security Shaper style? Or you have a powerful creation but you want to make a different one for the Puzzle up ahead, You can put him into storage.
Your health/essence gets restored when you return to a friendly town. You can store your stuff anywhere, it can't be stolen. But I suggest putting the stuff in a friendly town (so you don't forget where it is).
A creation storage sounds good, but it should just be a "place" in a friendly town. I don't think the "house" is such a good idea.

quote:
I also Think that GF5 should have what all of the Avernum games had: Special Traits. They could be things like Frailty, or natural leadership, to personality disorders (Gives you Penalties and Different choices)
That would probably be too much of a change.

quote:
I also Think There should be a little more to do with relationships with family and friends in GF5, even your owen creations. Creations have Bad memories when you punish them or send them though a suicidal mission. Humans, feel Love, hate and all that. They Why not some romance? the whole world of GF Celibate?
Romance+Geneforge=no way. There is no chance of romance in the Geneforge series. It wouldn't fit.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #123
Romance can happen anywhere.
It adds a new meaning to the characters purpose I would think.
And it could add new plot twists.

It could also add a bit of a story of WHY romance dose not occur in the other Geneforge Games. maybe Prior to being touched by the Geneforge you have a girlfriend, but for some reason or other, you just don't have the same feelings towards her afterwards.

After all, Lifecrafters do seem to be Disconnected.
Using the Geneforge removes all flirty conversation choices. :P ;)

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #124
It is just that Geneforge isn't about romance.
I doubt Jeff will put it in there.

--------------------

Pages