G5 wishlist.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: G5 wishlist.
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #50

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #51
There now I have 60. Sorry for triple posting. :D

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #52
Have you thought that your ideas were all bad and wouln't be implemented? I mean, you don't even see large companies have a totally different monster come back to a zone unless it's plot related.

That goes to a lesser extent to the other people I haven't answered.

Oh, and it's also laziness. Only one good idea has been posted by a newb, and I've already praised him.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #53
The Duke -

The remark about having only so many posts and nobody cares what you say is a reference to an insult made a few months ago to some other members who were new arrivals and were being told to stay out of a debate because they were newbies.

Don't expect that you will get replies in this type of thread. Don't double or triple post to inflate your post count.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #54
quote:
Originally written by Anglo-Saxonking:

Only one good idea has been posted by a newb, and I've already praised him.
What idea is that?

And to "The Duke"..

It's not that you posted a "three-paragraph" post..but its the content of the post..do remember that..

[ Saturday, June 09, 2007 03:05: Message edited by: Haakai-Tender Valcrist ]

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #55
quote:
Originally written by Haakai-Tender Valcrist:

quote:
Originally written by Anglo-Saxonking:

Only one good idea has been posted by a newb, and I've already praised him.
What idea is that?

Ceylon. You see, his ideas are actually fairly minute, make sense in the game, would make the game more entertaining, and within Jeff's range of skills. No offence.

Oh yeah, apparently you did have a good idea Valcrist, the stat boosting batons.

Infernal had a good idea but he's not necessarily a newb... Acts like one occasionally, but still.

I think that's all.

--------------------
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #56
Back to G5 ideas:

What is the deal with batons anyway? Somewhere it says that they are can be a powerful weapon in the hands of a well trained guardian, but I have always found melee(spelling?) weapons to be much better; they are even better than the reaper baton to me! Batons may be nice, but they really do need more depth, like the stat boost already mentioned.

Anyway, I would like to see:

1. Perhaps a few Xian/Sylak-like items.

2. The ability to possibly find wild creations in their own community; being either hostile or friendly. These could sometimes be contained within towns, sort of like a convoluted orphanage where you could pay the keeper of the creations to have one in your party. The creations within could all slightly differ (in level, color, or the way that things like Greenfang are different than an artila you just made) and would have different creations depending on where the town is (i.e. if it was a swamp, there would be worms, roamers and the like). Just so you know, this is my most far-fetched idea, but it is a possibility.

3. Your equivalent on the other side attacking you at certain points in the game, like what would be you if you were on the other side.

--------------------
Slarty: "Why don't we all just get along?"

The Mystic: "Vista is a funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #57
quote:
Originally written by Fractal:

Back to G5 ideas:

What is the deal with batons anyway? Somewhere it says that they are can be a powerful weapon in the hands of a well trained guardian, but I have always found melee(spelling?) weapons to be much better; they are even better than the reaper baton to me! Batons may be nice, but they really do need more depth, like the stat boost already mentioned.

Anyway, I would like to see:

1. Perhaps a few Xian/Sylak-like items.

2. The ability to possibly find wild creations in their own community; being either hostile or friendly. These could sometimes be contained within towns, sort of like a convoluted orphanage where you could pay the keeper of the creations to have one in your party. The creations within could all slightly differ (in level, color, or the way that things like Greenfang are different than an artila you just made) and would have different creations depending on where the town is (i.e. if it was a swamp, there would be worms, roamers and the like). Just so you know, this is my most far-fetched idea, but it is a possibility.

3. Your equivalent on the other side attacking you at certain points in the game, like what would be you if you were on the other side.

Yeah, up the uniqueness of batons, blah, blah, blah.

I don't know. Those kind of belong to the A/E series. Maybe, but it would have to be completly new.

Can you clarify this idea a little? There's already been creations you can fight but not shape, and creations that can join you but you can't shape. So more of the same, except buying extras? I guess that could work, but it seems like more of the same.

This isn't Nethergate, son, and there ain't an alternative you in the same game.

The past sentence was not a double negative since it was a compound sentence. What's more "ain't" is a word.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #58
Originally by Fractal:

quote:
Delicious Vlish is the one who likes to pump dexterity and missile weapons to use batons.

Dikiyoba likes them too, actually. Dikiyoba didn't really use them in the previous games but Dikiyoba uses them a lot in G4. By the endgame, they do a fair amount of damage even without too much put into dexterity and missile weapons, and sometimes not making yourself a target is well worth the reduced damage.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #59
Chinamericanking-

I don't even remember quite what I was going at, because that was sort of a stream of consienceness post and Nethergate was in my head, and thus spawned that idea of a counterpart. I think the whole creation center idea was more like a small place in some big towns where you could purchase short-term creations that dissappeared at a certain point becuase their essence would give out. Somewhat like an unstable creation, but longer-lasting and without the extreme power.

Dikiyoba-

Maybe I was wrong about batons. I guess that I don't really care about missile weapons and dexterity as much unless I'm an Infiltrator, which I have played through with twice. I should try a third time with a baton based character, but I'll have to wait to get home to my computer.

--------------------
Slarty: "Why don't we all just get along?"

The Mystic: "Vista is a funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #60
I Would like to see some romance involved. I'm a dude, and alot of romance annoys me, but having some decent romance never hurt anyone. ANd it can add more dynamic to the game. Maybe a possible ending is if you went along with it, you get a child. Then that sets up the next game. The next game could be...an expansion after that. So, whatever ending you get, only a year passers by. It would be a a couple hours of gameplay, but ne would have had to create many different scenarios based on all the endings. Which could be too difficult for him. I dont care either way. I am a huge fan. And i am always pleased easily

--------------------
I like everyone...I just like some people more than others!
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #61
I like to the wild shaping Idea as well. Although I prefer making a creation moving it else were then releasing it. Where it will attack anything. so make a eyebeast move it to an safe distance release it recharge essences repeat. Then make a battle beta put a huge amount of endurance into and buff. Get all the eye beast/other rouges you made. Chasing it to the uber powerful enemy you want to fight. Wait a minute or 2 and come in and mop everything up

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #62
Romance?!

You've got to be kidding me?! Romance was bad enough in BGII, and you want to incorporate it into a game like Geneforge? I think I'm about to have an aneurism.

Personally, I'd like to see the Creations tweaked. I'm sick of being given the 'choice' of Shaping a useless pyroroamer. As I suggested in another thread, Jeff should tweak the pyroroamer so that it has a multi-target fire breath attack.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #63
I really like the idea of being able to shape in battle. It was kind of annoying to have every one around you being able to shape in the middle of a fight and you being limited to magic and fighting.

Also, being able to equip the battle creations with armor would certainly improve them, especially if they had some kind of buff that increased their efficiency with the weapon. A battle alpha is weak of course, but a battle alpha with a shaped blade and a shaped shield wouldn't suck half as much as an ordinary battle aplha.

The thought of a rival sounds cool too. What I mean by that is like how in the Pokemon games you always had a double to speak who was exactly like you, but played for the other side. For instance, if we started out in a shaper school that was attacked we could at first travel with a fellow student ( similar to alwan being located so close in the beginning) then, if we had a chance to express our opinion and it seemed to indicate we were steering towards the rebellion, they would be a loyalist and vice versa.

The last request sounds pretty stupid I know but I think it would be kind of cool to have a rival, someone else who we see who is able to change the tide of war. for example, we are sent to help evacuate a rebel base that has been discovered by the shapers, only to find our rival is there and has almost completely cleared the base out. Or it could be reveresed, we go out to destroy the rebel base only to find it empty.

[ Tuesday, July 31, 2007 08:57: Message edited by: Corrupted One ]

--------------------
Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #64
You want to play Nethergate.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #65
What makes you say that? :confused:

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #66
Nethergate allows you to play as the Romans and the Celts as they work against each other. You get to see what's happening from each side and see the effects of the other side's actions.
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #67
The thing about the rival was just a suggestion, I said that only because we see too few fellow lifecrafters who make choices that affect the game. The game could definitely do without it. The other two suggestions I made were the real reason I posted. I just think it would be kind of cool.

Although I think it kind of makes since that a battle alpha sshould be able to wield weapons, along with some of the other battle creations. It seems that would be the only reason you make a humanoid shaped battle creation, so it can hold weapons and what not. Otherwise justtake the design of some animal that already exist, modify it to make it a killing machine, and throw the need for making it in your own image out the window.

Although Nethergate does sound pretty fun....

[ Tuesday, July 31, 2007 18:55: Message edited by: Corrupted One ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #68
I think the G5 should involve using some uberpowerful Genefore.Like the one in G1 not the pathetic wannabes of G2-4. It should end the way it started(at least it some ways). This game should end the saga. Either the Shapers crushing the rebellion for ever and making another rebellion unlikely in all but the most distance future. The Rebellion human side were the shapers are crush and a fair balanced goverment is setup. Rebellion Drakon side drakon are in charge suckers. Then of course the trakovites. Lastly we should have some type of faction that is powerhungry.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #69
A good start for gf5 would be you start out as being an extremely powerful high ranking member for one of the sides. But you are hit on the head forget all that, and in the process lose all your skills. Then, based on how you continue through the game and whatever sides you play for, you get back pieces of your memory. Play heavily for the shapers and it turns out you used to be 3rd in command for the rebels. Sympathize with the rebels, and you turned out to be part of a group of extremely powerful Shapers who were dedicated to bringing back the purity officers.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 8684
Profile #70
Hmm, strangely (or perhaps not so), that sounds alot like KoToR. KoToR was a good game, though, but it wouldn't be quite original.
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #71
KoToR :confused: ? I can't say i am familiar with that name. In any case I can sincerely say that that idea came from me, and while it may have been used in a few other games I can honestly sat I did not (purposely) copy them.

[ Wednesday, August 01, 2007 17:46: Message edited by: Corrupted One ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by Corrupted One:

KoToR :confused: ? I can't say i am familiar with that name.
Knights of The old Republic. No, I don't know why "The" is capitalised and "old" isn't.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #73
I have a more original idea.

You wake up on a Shaping platform, covered in scars, and suffering almost complete memory loss. A bobbing, talking Fyora approaches you, calls you 'Chief', and assists you in escaping the Shaping Chambers administrated by the 'Shapermen'.

You then discover that you can't die, and hence embark on a quest to recover your lost memories, and your mortality.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #74
In regards to the last comment, no idea whether or not you were trying to be funny but the idea sounds interesting to say the least. Although if I found out I couldn't die I wouldn't really be in a rush to regain that attribute.

Also, in what way is KoToR similiar to my idea? Do you start out as a Sith lord ( minus the memories and force powers) and join the Jedi?

--------------------

Pages